Champions: Narcissism is activated instead of Reassurance

Bomba

Bug in Champions. Sometimes KH girls when they proc Harmony activate Narcissism instead of Reassurance.

I'm not sure if that's just a visual bug or a gameplay one. Both times it happened it was at the 5th stage of boss, so I wasn't able to see if Narcissism effect actually activated, because the defense at the 5th stage is always zero. But it never added HP(Ego) as the Reassurance supposed to. So maybe that's just a visual bug and gameplay-wise Harmony doesn't happen at all in this instances.

So, I have two cases.
First, 5th stage of Alban(level 0).
Attempt number 1. And the proper description of the bug. This happened with 2 KH girls - Winter Agata and Kelina. Both girls proced Harmony. But instead of Reassurance the displayed message was Narcissism. The HP(Ego) bonus of Reassurance wasn't activated. And it wasn't just visual, because it was first attempt and I payed close attention to my HP(Ego), so if either of those effects were actually activated, then I would be able to have one more round of battle, but that wasn't the case. I wasn't paying attention to the HP(Ego) of Alban, so I can't confirm that the damage dealt to him was the same in the battle and outside of battle, so I can't confirm that the damage of the possible additional round was actually dealt to him.
Attempt number 5 or 6. Same thing happened with Kelina again.
For every other attempt it was normal - both Winter Agata and Kelina when procing Harmony were activating Reassurance and the HP(Ego) was added. Also, I had another KH girl - Samane, who proced Harmony only once and it was a Reassurance. Sadly, I wasn't able to screenshot those times when this bug happened with Alban.

Second. 5th stage of Matsuda(level 2).
Attempt number 1. This bug happened with Red Battler.
Attempt number 2. This bug happened with Red Battler in a 12th round. Screenshot(1) below. But she had normal Harmony with Reassurance in 2nd round.
Attempt number 5 or 6. This bug happened with Red Battler. Screenshot(2) below.
Attempt number 7 or 8. This bug happened with Octavia. Screenshot(3) below.
There were also some other times, when this bug happened, but I wasn't able to screenshot them. Overall, Red Battler had this bug occurred to her pretty regularly, but she also had normal Harmony procs with Reassurance as well. From KH girls I also had Clarisse, Octavia and the Housemaid. I'm not sure if Clarisse proced Harmony even once, but even if she did, never with a bug. Housemaid and Octavia activated Harmony pretty regularly and nearly always with Reassurance, but this bug happened to each of them at least once. Now, here is the interesting part. With Matsuda I was able to go on a second circle of girls, so the same Red Battler was able to fight two times per attempt. And on one occasion - attempt number 2, she was able to proc Harmony twice. First time in the 2nd round she proced Harmony and activated Reassurance, but in 12th round when she activated Harmony again she proced Narcissism.

I hope this helps in determining how this bug happens. Here're few screenshots.

1)

2.thumb.jpg.8d19707176098620732abcb08dbc457d.jpg

2)

3.thumb.jpg.a965786bb2ae9f1b5fe752bcd97c910e.jpg

3)

4.thumb.jpg.f43d87f82c16abdcf6616e0c860d26be.jpg

Okay so I can't quite see, but I believe in these cases each KH girl was preceded by a charm girl right? Back when they changed the charm special to lasting for two turns, they decided it would be best if in Champions it appeared on both turns it was active to display that the defence would be increased. We've had a few bug reports about this, but in every case they've been preceded by a charm girl, which backs up Kinkoid's assertion that it's a visual issue.

I did want to link a few previous topics about this, but well, I can't find them. Possibly due to people naming their bugs badly. If you can confirm that there were not charm girls before these KH girls, I'll try to dig again but harder, but otherwise I'm fairly sure it's just the same visual issue. (yes you'll sometimes still heal despite it displaying Narcissism.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Okay so I can't quite see, but I believe in these cases each KH girl was preceded by a charm girl right? Back when they changed the charm special to lasting for two turns, they decided it would be best if in Champions it appeared on both turns it was active to display that the defence would be increased. We've had a few bug reports about this, but in every case they've been preceded by a charm girl, which backs up Kinkoid's assertion that it's a visual issue.

I did want to link a few previous topics about this, but well, I can't find them. Possibly due to people naming their bugs badly. If you can confirm that there were not charm girls before these KH girls, I'll try to dig again but harder, but otherwise I'm fairly sure it's just the same visual issue. (yes you'll sometimes still heal despite it displaying Narcissism.

Thank you. I think you're right and that's exactly the case. I wasn't able to figure out if that was just a visual, the wrong Harmony effect or something else, because both times it was at the 5th stage with zero defense. But today I was able to confirm it on the 2nd stage of Ryu(level 5). The defense wasn't zero, so the effect was visible and yes, when the "Narcissism" appeared on the KH girl it was just visual and the defense only doubled from the Narcissism proc of the previous girl, so that wasn't an actual proc of Harmony with Narcissism. It's confusing though, because it has the same animation of Harmony activation and gives the wrong impression. But yeah, this happens exactly as you described. And yes, I can confirm that in every case there was a charm girl before that visual bug happened.

And I also checked previous bug reports as best as I could before posting and wasn't able to find anything related too. I guess this topic avoided us both.

Maybe these topics should be combined/merged. Thank you George, you're always there to come to the rescue!

52 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

I know what you're talking about, that's why i just don't understand why you keep going on with this "cheater" thing. GeorgeMTO already explained everything to you in that thread...

Edited by Daniele

• 2 weeks later...

This has been happening to me multiple times over the last week or so (including about 10 minutes ago) and multiple times during a battle. I can say that:

If the girl AFTER a triggered charm girl is not triggered, the Narcissism graphic does not appear a second time, nor does the reward.

The reassurance girl after the charm girl can be triggered to sometimes be Reassurance and sometimes to be Narcissim. When she is triggered to be Narcissim, there is no Reassurance reward, though there is a Narcissim reward.

I have never seen a wildburst girl get triggered to get a Narcissim reward, only the reassurance girls.

I'm pretty sure you're interpreting the on-screen data incorrectly.

21 minutes ago, DocJD said:

If the girl AFTER a triggered charm girl is not triggered, the Narcissism graphic does not appear a second time, nor does the reward.

Would this happen to be a girl that follows after two Charm girls? What's almost certainly happening there is:

Charm girl 1: triggers Narcissism, shown on-screen
Charm girl 2: does not trigger Narcissism, on-screen display is follow-up from the first girl
Random girl 3: no Narcissism displayed since Charm girl 2 didn't trigger it, so there's nothing to extend into this round

The reassurance girl after the charm girl can be triggered to sometimes be Reassurance and sometimes to be Narcissim. When she is triggered to be Narcissim, there is no Reassurance reward, though there is a Narcissim reward.

KH girls can't and don't trigger Narcissism by themselves, what you're seeing is the follow-up from the Charm girl in the round before them. It means the KH girl didn't get a Reassurance in that round, so there's obviously no Reassurance reward.

• Thanks 1

Shrug. The battle progression calculations work as intended, the only bug here is that Kinkoid's battle graphics are ill-equipped to handle any sort of "unusual" crit hitting (simultaneous, multiple, or extended to a second round). That has been an issue for over two years in normal PvP and almost one year in champion battles, so I wouldn't hold my breath for any fix.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:53 PM, _shal_ said:

Shrug. The battle progression calculations work as intended, the only bug here is that Kinkoid's battle graphics are ill-equipped to handle any sort of "unusual" crit hitting (simultaneous, multiple, or extended to a second round). That has been an issue for over two years in normal PvP and almost one year in champion battles, so I wouldn't hold my breath for any fix.

I agree though I am willing to be pleasantly surprised by seeing the proper trigger displayed. The reassurance trigger can make a difference in whether or not a player gets another round (in Champions), so when the wrong visual shows, it is very annoying.

Edited by Pelinor