Not a fan of this current legendary event

Ecchi_things

I'm curious about your thoughts depending on yours stage in the game. I'm level 340 and I'm getting my ass beat by 10 people above me, this seems like a heavy incentive for people to go even more rabid than they were at this level, I can only imagine how bad it is in 360-400 and 400+ level brackets.
What level are you/what's the highest amount of points people have in your bracket?

15 minutes ago, Imacarl said:

The event is designed so that you only need to get top 25 (basically only beat half of the players) 4 times max. Is your bracket so skewed that you can't get 25th?

Its not impossible to get top 25 this time around. But if you aim that low, all it takes is for 1 other person to be sufficiently above you so that you're stuck on 26th place once and now you either have to aim higher without having much preparation OR you get fucked if its the last day of the event. I've literally reserved my time from the server reset just to constantly fight in the arena, and even with that fighting I'm still below 10th place. Imagine had I not been able to do that, just how far I would be?

it definitely is skewed in more ways than one. 

I currently sit 30th in my group and that is with having played every possible opponent in the arena since this challenge started and have 8 wins and I would guess about 40 losses.

I have played 33 times in the league and lost every time - and that is against the weakest possible, so I don't expect to win anything there. The levels in this league range from 268 to 420. I am rated 314 with 10 players below me who have all somehow beaten me on every turn. 

So basically I am not even thinking about top 25, in fact I am not even looking at this event, and only did so when I saw this post....

Goodness knows what those below me in the event are doing !!!!!!

IN fact I just checked the leader in my event group and its someone with only 301 rank, so they must either be spending a lot of getting reasonably easy wins in the league and PVP

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 01.18.13.png

Edited by stevekitts
update

1 hour ago, stevekitts said:

I have played 33 times in the league and lost every time

Managing which league you're in to maximize gains is a major game strategy by itself. If you can just barely make it into promotion range for one league, you're not ready to compete in the next one. Unfortunate timing that you land in a league you aren't ready for at the same time as these contests. And the majority of contest points do come from league battles.

Demote a league, and after doing that if you feel like you won't be able to get top 4, don't go above 16th.

8 minutes ago, Urist said:

Demote a league, and after doing that if you feel like you won't be able to get top 4, don't go above 16th.

Seems like some players from the test server also demoted quite a bit in knowledge of the event.
I'm lvl 233 and i'm down to Wanker II because i didn't play the league for a couple of weeks, but that level range in my Wanker II is lunatic:
Lowest level is 54 (68 points total, playing 9 days) and the highest level is 359 (#1, playing 3 years and +500 points ahead of #2)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevekitts said:

it definitely is skewed in more ways than one. 

I do agree that contests that reward points for PVP are skewed towards players with competence in PVP. I just don't consider that to be a bad thing.

21 minutes ago, JAVhero said:

Seems like some players from the test server also demoted quite a bit in knowledge of the event.
I'm lvl 233 and i'm down to Wanker II because i didn't play the league for a couple of weeks, but that level range in my Wanker II is lunatic:
Lowest level is 54 (68 points total, playing 9 days) and the highest level is 359 (#1, playing 3 years and +500 points ahead of #2)

No, that's just the normal appearance of Wanker II. Very lazy/inconsistent players.

14 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No, that's just the normal appearance of Wanker II. Very lazy/inconsistent players. 

IMO those players (me included) shouldn't be able to drop into Wanker I - III.
I was kicked out of the league for not playing, but when i'm deciding to play again i should be put where i left or maybe 1-2 leagues below at max.

This event is crappy because it doesn't take time zones into account. Event ends around ~4:00am for me... I don't mind the bracket being somewhat skewed (top 5-10 are essentially whales), but the fact more than 2/3 of my bracket (37/50) is in a time zone where they are likely on for reset whereas I am asleep means unless I burn literally everything, there is a solid chance I won't get in the top 25, and even if I do there is no guarantee I will. For the first day had over 20k more points than the person at rank 25 (spent around 1-1.5k Kobans), but when I hopped on this morning I was ranked 23, cutting it way too close. 

I would have thought that something like this would have been taken into account... Can't imagine it's too hard to group people by time zones as well... At this point I don't see any incentive to try my hardest to get in the top 10, or even top 25 since there is a more than fair chance that even if I burn through all my Kobans for this event, I could wind up with not enough shards and just have to wait for her eventual re-run anyways. 

Edited by pinja

19 hours ago, JAVhero said:

IMO those players (me included) shouldn't be able to drop into Wanker I - III.
I was kicked out of the league for not playing, but when i'm deciding to play again i should be put where i left or maybe 1-2 leagues below at max.

Err, yeah, if you rejoined in Wanker 2, that is one tier below where you left it off, i.e. Wanker 3.

23 hours ago, Ecchi_things said:

This event is pretty heavily skewed to the top tier of players leaving everyone else screwed. Not very fun when there is 0 chance of success.

Ecchi,  I consider myself a very laid back player with an EXTREMELY lazy playing style.  I do not worry about the minutia that many players get concerned over.  That being said I'm only level 264 after starting on Jan 1 of this year.   I made sure that before the event that I was in Sexpert 1 in the Tower of Fame.  I knew I would not be online to be able to snipe so I made the decision for this event to run, pedal to the metal, during the first day of the event.  I drove my points up with the PvP part to 72,000+ with several refills before going to bed last night.  When I went to sleep I was in 1st place in my bracket.  I was hoping that when I woke up I'd be in the top 4 for the 100 shard drop.  I woke up, logged in, and was STUNNED!  I was still in first place and I managed to get the event girl Filya.

My point, knowing my laid back style of play, if I was able to get the girl after 1 day, then I can honestly say that this event was not aimed at top tier players only.  As I am DEFINITELY NOT a "Top Gun". :)

I think the key is just being in the right tier at the right time.  If I can get the girl on the first day, ANYONE can.

Edited by Dr. Lust
correcting typos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

I think the key is just being in the right tier at the right time.  If I can get the girl on the first day, ANYONE can.

More like being in the right competition bracket. If you're unlucky enough to be in the ultra competitive ones ... suffice to say I hate this kind of event. 

• Like 2

hace 15 horas, Dr. Lust dijo:

Ecchi,  I consider myself a very laid back player with an EXTREMELY lazy playing style.  I do not worry about the minutia that many players get concerned over.  That being said I'm only level 264 after starting on Jan 1 of this year.   I made sure that before the event that I was in Sexpert 1 in the Tower of Fame.  I knew I would not be online to be able to snipe so I made the decision for this event to run, pedal to the metal, during the first day of the event.  I drove my points up with the PvP part to 72,000+ with several refills before going to bed last night.  When I went to sleep I was in 1st place in my bracket.  I was hoping that when I woke up I'd be in the top 4 for the 100 shard drop.  I woke up, logged in, and was STUNNED!  I was still in first place and I managed to get the event girl Filya.

My point, knowing my laid back style of play, if I was able to get the girl after 1 day, then I can honestly say that this event was not aimed at top tier players only.  As I am DEFINITELY NOT a "Top Gun". :)

This event is easier for active players who started playing not so long ago, like yourself. It's brutal for people over level 400 because everybody at that level is very active and whales are there too, so we end up competing between ourselves. As I've said before, this is the only good thing I can say about this event.

• Like 1

Yeah.  I think the writing is on the wall, so to speak.  If and when I get to that level that's loaded with spenders and sharks (players that look into every single detailed minutia of the game) and whales I'll most likely quit, as I'll find no fun having to work to have fun.

@Lukas178 I'll thank you to not hijack a thread to attack another forum member, particularly about something that is, in fact, completely feasible.

@Dr. Lust I don't really want to say it, but to be blunt, your personal circumstances aren't really something you should drag into a discussion on a forum thread where it's not pertinent to the topic at hand. For reference, that's basically never when discussing game aspects.

I've hidden that entire exchange. If either or you decides to pick it up again I'm going to start handing out warnings properly on the system.

• Like 2