Is Event Pachinko any good?

petertavy

1.  I have seen some complaints: "I did not get X".  I think that some of these are due to mis-understandings. Please am I right that what you should win from  Event P x4 is: 3 Legendary items + 1 prize that might be  Girl  or  Avatar  or  Nothing?

2.  If you win an Avatar, does it do you any good?

3.  I am extremely suspicious of the expression "a high chance" unless I see numbers. It sounds like dishonest-salesman-speak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe you can get any of the following combinations:

- 4 legendary items

- 3 legendary items and an avatar

- 3 legendary items and a girl

- 2 legendary items, an avatar, and a girl

If I remember correctly, the chance of getting a girl was confirmed as 22.5%.

• Like 1

1. You always get 4 things. It might be possible (but I'm not sure) to get 4 legendary items.

2. Well, you're 1 step closer (out of like 150) to getting ALL the avatars, after that you'll only get books, boosts or girls from free mythic pachinko spins. That's the only good avatars do.

3. Around 20% chance of a girl. I don't remember where I read that.

My advice: don't pay kobans for event pachinko, only use it when you have orbs for it.

Edited by Urist

1 minute ago, Urist said:

2. Well, you're 1 step closer out (of like 150) to getting ALL the avatars, after that you'll only get books, boosts or girls from free mythic pachinko spins. That's the only good avatars do.

Avatars from new events are currently not part of the Mythic Pachinko pool, so clearing them via Event Pachinko will do nothing for the Mythic.

hace 8 minutos, _shal_ dijo:

Avatars from new events are currently not part of the Mythic Pachinko pool, so clearing them via Event Pachinko will do nothing for the Mythic.

It will do it once they enter the Mythic Pachinko Pool, won't it?

5 minutes ago, Urist said:

Oh. How far back is "new"?

From when the Mythic Pachinko was introduced. Can't remember exactly when that was; mid-December? Anyway, no new girls or avatars introduced after that have been added to its pool since then.

To add on the advice of not using the Event Pachinko with Kobans; MCP's stated chance of 22.5% is correct. So girls are typically more expensive from there than from Epic Pachinko x10, which is the best long-term value that can be found. So the only reason to use it is if you really want a girl from the current event and are willing to take the risk of getting fleeced. Also bear in mind that the girls available on the bosses for this event are also in there, so you want to acquire those first before spinning in any case.

7 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

It will do it once they enter the Mythic Pachinko Pool, won't it?

True, but if they ever do add the avatar backlog that has built up by now (170 or so), all hopes of any non-whale player to actually clear the Mythic Pachinko will go up in smoke again. An occasional EvP spin that drops an avatar won't be making much of a difference.

Edited by _shal_

hace 1 hora, _shal_ dijo:

True, but if they ever do add the avatar backlog that has built up by now (170 or so), all hopes of any non-whale player to actually clear the Mythic Pachinko will go up in smoke again. An occasional EvP spin that drops an avatar won't be making much of a difference.

True enough

1 hour ago, Darsca said:

From when the Mythic Pachinko was introduced. Can't remember exactly when that was; mid-December?

Late November (close enough).

And to answer the OP: nope, of course not. The only small caveat to that is that PoA now gives us a chance to slowly accumulate orbs for it, which is of course a completely different story than actually burning one event girl worth of kobans (on average) for a 77.5% chance to get nothing worth any koban at all.

Thank you all who replied. You have convinced me that paying for Event Pach is not worth it. 

So I am going to stick my neck out. If you play Pach & win a Girl, does that do you any good? And yes, I do know that most of you have bigger harems than me, & if you have a huge harem you can boast & they earn money but...

Suppose that you had 10 Legendary Girls at max level plus 200 others. In Battle: once you have chosen your team of 3, it does not matter how many others you have, just sitting and twiddling their ...er... thumbs. If you challenge a champion, you cannot choose your team. You get given a draft of 10 chosen at random, almost certainly far less sexy than if you could choose. So you would do better without the 200 others.

Logically there should be an arrangement that if you neglect a Girl for too long, she will become unhappy & leave. 

Rather than having a huge harem I would much rather be able to engage in sex scenes with a smaller harem. 

hace 43 minutos, petertavy dijo:

Thank you all who replied. You have convinced me that paying for Event Pach is not worth it. 

So I am going to stick my neck out. If you play Pach & win a Girl, does that do you any good? And yes, I do know that most of you have bigger harems than me, & if you have a huge harem you can boast & they earn money but...

Suppose that you had 10 Legendary Girls at max level plus 200 others. In Battle: once you have chosen your team of 3, it does not matter how many others you have, just sitting and twiddling their ...er... thumbs. If you challenge a champion, you cannot choose your team. You get given a draft of 10 chosen at random, almost certainly far less sexy than if you could choose. So you would do better without the 200 others.

Logically there should be an arrangement that if you neglect a Girl for too long, she will become unhappy & leave. 

Rather than having a huge harem I would much rather be able to engage in sex scenes with a smaller harem. 

In PvP your harem level gives you an ego boost, so having more girls will always give you an advantage.
Against Champions you need many (~40 at least) girls with different positions to be able to arrange a good team every time.

And of course there's the money they give.

5 hours ago, petertavy said:

If you challenge a champion, you cannot choose your team. You get given a draft of 10 chosen at random, almost certainly far less sexy than if you could choose. So you would do better without the 200 others.

That's not how it works. You get 10 girls chosen at random at first, and then there's a "Change Draft" button. Using this, you can choose up to 5 girls to keep, and re-roll the others as many times as you need to get a good enough line-up of 10. There's randomness involved, of course, but it's controlled. You can also rearrange each of your current 10 girls by drag and drop to match the poses selected by the champion. Last but not least, you get one additional free re-roll for each 10 girls in your harem. So yes, having 200 more girls in your harem matters a lot, because on top of having more options to pick from, you also get 20 more free opportunities to adjust your draft.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

That's not how it works. You get 10 girls chosen at random at first, and then there's a "Change Draft" button. Using this, you can choose up to 5 girls to keep, and re-roll the others as many times as you need to get a good enough line-up of 10. There's randomness involved, of course, but it's controlled. You can also rearrange each of your current 10 girls by drag and drop to match the poses selected by the champion. Last but not least, you get one additional free re-roll for each 10 girls in your harem. So yes, having 200 more girls in your harem matters a lot, because on top of having more options to pick from, you also get 20 more free opportunities to adjust your draft.

I was as bit lost in the writing. so I rewrote this part:

• you have X free re-rolls regardless harem size
    • not sure about that, you need 10 girls to participate in Champion thus no re-roll useful at this point
  • you get a free roll for every 10 more girls in your harem
  • after you used all your free rolls, you can keep re-rolling for kobans
  • so 200 more girls in harem give you 20 more free re-rolls

28 minutes ago, windia said:

you have X free re-rolls regardless harem size

• not sure about that, you need 10 girls to participate in Champion thus no re-roll useful at this point

X = 1. It's not useful, yeah, but it's there. Which is why you can simply remove this part and simplify the next one:

29 minutes ago, windia said:

you get a free roll for every 10 girls in your harem

That's it. I currently have 191 girls in my harem, total. I get 19 free uses of the "New Draft" button. When I'll reach 200 girls, I'll have 20 re-rolls instead of 19, and so on.