HH ++: is it really allowed?

Lhans

A guildmate of mine had 500M disappear on him after selling items. Understandably he was pissed. He sent a support ticket asking about it. Weeks passed. He sent another. He finally got a reply. Apparently it's impossible for money to just disappear but while checking they noticed he has a 3rd party software so his account is now currently restricted. He was only using HH++. So is it allowed or not?

Anyways, what does being restricted mean anyhow? He hasn't seen any difference yet besides disappearing from ToF but it looks worrisome. It doesn't bode well for his future. If you lost a great deal of money and then got restricted for using an "allowed" userscript after sending a support ticket, what would you do?

23 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Asking for a friend? 

Yep. If you're implying me, nope, since I've always been paranoid about using those kinda stuff. I also wanted to give anyone a warning about using HH++ at least in the nutaku server if you want to use it. If you're already using it, don't send a support ticket. 

3 hours ago, Lhans said:

Yep. If you're implying me, nope, since I've always been paranoid about using those kinda stuff. I also wanted to give anyone a warning about using HH++ at least in the nutaku server if you want to use it. If you're already using it, don't send a support ticket. 

Just joking. 

I don't use anything. Wasn't planning to either. 

hace 1 hora, ali-n dijo:

Was your friend using anything like uBlock Origin? They may not like the fact that it can block the advertisements.

Many people use uBlock or any other similar extension, they'd have to "restrict" a huge part of the playerbase. Heck, we have uBlock configurations in this forum to block images so that they don't eat your data plan, I don't think that's the issue.

9 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Many people use uBlock or any other similar extension, they'd have to "restrict" a huge part of the playerbase. Heck, we have uBlock configurations in this forum to block images so that they don't eat your data plan, I don't think that's the issue.

Well, it's still a third party program. And as far as we know they tolerate it, but do not necessary allow it. For the same uBlock and script solutions - all of them have a warning at the beginning which says "Use it at your own risk".

In this case anything could be the issue, including the "allowed" script and any form of adblocker. All we know that something happened that affected player's profile. From the players perspective it was the loss of money. From the game's perspective it could look like the player cheated and got money from somewhere and got corrected back to the actual sum. So when the ticket got opened and that problem was brought to the attention of support team the 3rd party problem became suspected as the reason why that issue has happened. And some of the game's features(like Sex Friends) do not work well with adblockers, so any 3rd party program could be the reason for restriction.

I would really like to see more evidence that it was in fact "only" HH++ that got him banned.

I mean, I have a hard time believing that KK would allow the pinned thread by Chthugha to be up and running here in the general discussion for over 2 years if they indeed do have a problem with it. 

• Like 3

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any (automatic) way that Nutaku could even recognize that HH++ is actively being used by a player, given that it only modifies client-side data, doesn't send any automated requests, and doesn't suppress any calls to the server like e.g. ad blockers will.

In any case, I haven't heard of any change in Kinkoid's permissive stance regarding HH++. It might still not be a good idea to send screenshots to support that include script-added display features, of course, given that support personnel may not be aware of that stance and be inclined to do things "by the book". (Although I'm guessing that the frontline support people themselves don't have the power to put the cheater flag on an account, if that's what happened here.)

Edit: BTW, the first possibility that comes to my mind when I read that a bunch of in-game money just disappeared in unexplained fashion is that somebody's auto-clicker malfunctioned and clicked a contest donation button repeatedly while the user wasn't paying attention. I'm not saying that that's what happened here, of course. The second possibility would be the long-time favourite, a desync issue caused by logging into the same account simultaneously in two different sessions.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2

I believe there is actually a second script that does things that are not allowed. I think I heard something about that from some French players.

Anyway, I am going to assume something else happened that has nothing to do with the HH++ script at all.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any (automatic) way that Nutaku could even recognize that HH++ is actively being used by a player, given that it only modifies client-side data, doesn't send any automated requests, and doesn't suppress any calls to the server like e.g. ad blockers will.

Full disclosure: It slipped my mind since I don't personally use that function, but there is one type of automated request that the script sends. The Homescreen Refresh feature will send a simple window reload command for the home page (the town) every 10 minutes if enabled. I highly doubt that's enough to trigger any sort of anti-cheat measures, though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I believe there is actually a second script that does things that are not allowed. I think I heard something about that from some French players.

Anyway, I am going to assume something else happened that has nothing to do with the HH++ script at all.

It probably was but it's hard to find out when all they said was in the scope of, "You're using a 3rd party program so we're restricting you". No information whatsoever what caused it. Due to that, he can't fix anything. If it wasn't the HH++, it may or may not be any of the stuff that came with his new computer since even adblockers are suspect.  And apparently he can't even appeal it once the judgement has been made. I'm also guessing the restriction's permanent since they didn't give a duration nor a solution like uninstall so and so and we'll return access. 

Anyways, not being in ToF due to being restricted apparently means not receiving any weekly rewards from it. I'm also guessing it may mean not getting placed in the weekly league. We'll know after this current one is done.

• 3 weeks later...

I am running the "allowed/approved" script (so very handy!) and approximately 2 weeks ago, I had an issue on my Nutaku account where I did not get part of a purchased special offer (300 battles) -  got the other items, but not the battles.  I sent a support ticket and Nutaku gave me the 300 battles I was missing.  So, i don't think they have an issue with the "allowed" script (whatever the name of it is).  

• Like 2