Suspected Cheaters

Sean Flynn

I'm wondering whether or not to list the names of Players I suspect of cheating in this game. I don't mind getting beat, but when I have significantly (say 3,000 or more) ego, and the same type of edge in all three attributes and NEVER win, it annoys me. Any thoughts? Comments? I started keeping track about a month ago and already have a list of about 10 names.

8 minutes ago, Sean Flynn said:

I'm wondering whether or not to list the names of Players I suspect of cheating in this game. I don't mind getting beat, but when I have significantly (say 3,000 or more) ego, and the same type of edge in all three attributes and NEVER win, it annoys me. Any thoughts? Comments? I started keeping track about a month ago and already have a list of about 10 names.

3000 ego is barely anything, I regulary get beaten by players with 10/15k less ego ^^
Ego isn´t the most important part in pvp.. attack power, defense and harmony can greatly differ from one player to another and thus be much more important to look at than ego :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Most of losses can be attributed to RNG. Watch your fights and see what happens. I've lost "for sure" wins and was confused, and then I'd watch the fight and see that my ability just never triggered 🤷‍♂️

yeah RNG has also a great influence on fights .. every time I what a fight I get triple burst to defeat 😥 that´s why I skip them ^^

Edited by holymolly

14 minutes ago, Sean Flynn said:

I'd be very curious to hear about the specific cheating mechanism you have in mind.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, holymolly said:

3000 ego is barely anything, I regulary get beaten by players with 10/15k less ego ^^
Ego isn´t the most important part in pvp.. attack power, defense and harmony can greatly differ from one player to another and thus be much more important to look at than ego :)

Holymolly is right.  3000 more ego is nothing.

I confess I do not get into the intricate minor strategic details.  But even I, a humble F2P level 300 gamer have beaten people with ego's 5-10k more then mine.  How I did it......I haven't the faintest idea.  I just know those type of results are possible.  I've also gotten beat by players 5k less then me.  Why.......IDK......happens.  I'm sure there is a good gaming reason.  I just never looked into it. :)  I just roll with the punches. :) 

Edited by Dr. Lust

7 hours ago, Sean Flynn said:

Someone correct me if i am wrong here, but i see no possible way of cheating in a fight:

1. If the calculation for fight is done on server side, your opponent has no way of influencing it (the only stuff that matters are stats and RNG like others said)

2. If the calculation for fight is done on client side, your opponent MIGHT BE able to influence it, but he must be the one initiating the fight (because the PC of the initiating player is responsible for calculation).

So if you started the fight, there is just no way. Now maybe it is possible to cheat in such a way that you make your stats much higher BEFORE the fight, but as you said, their attributes were similar to yours.

Edited by Albert80082
some details
  • Like 4

Take a look at damage amounts and ranges, because 3000 Ego is basically meaningless.

I grabbed the first opponent I saw in my league. Their attack & defense range are about 12,000 while my attack & defense ranges are about 8,300. That's a range of 20,000 on any single attack, by either player, excluding crits and other powers.

There is differents builds that can explain why someone can beat you with 10k ego under you. 

The most easy and common build to have is a purple set with all stats in it, it gives you a good ego. But if you see the top winner pvp in the Tower of Fame you will see that a purple set specialized in your class is preferable, it gives you less ego but way more attack stat that will be preferable. Since I follow this kind of build I beat sometimes players with 10k ego above me. (And also RNG helps)

• Thanks 1

There are many variables to win a PVP fight like your stats, the judge and also luck. I feel you, losing a fight you took for granted is never pleasant, but this things happen.

Oh, and regarding the 3000 points of difference, here's my latest Arena group:

ss1.thumb.JPG.83e81fe00d34b8f37e07f8c9761c50bd.JPG

As you can see, I lost to a player with 15K more ego points, but then won another one with 25K more. This things happen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:
On 9/27/2020 at 12:34 AM, Sean Flynn said:

I'm wondering whether or not to list the names of Players I suspect of cheating in this game.

Don't hesitate. Just name them so we will know them too 😉

I laughed (as a person), but as a mod I'm giving you a friendly heads-up: DO NOT do that here.

If you have a solid reason to suspect that something nasty like a bug exploit or any other way of cheating is being used by some players, then by all means, please send a Bug Report ticket (you can name names there, where only the staff will read it, and you even should include relevant screenshots, and enough details to explain what you think you've noticed, and why you suspect foul play). Main Menu -> Settings -> Support -> Create a new ticket -> Select "Bug Report" as the category.

However, your mention of Ego as your main criterion, and of a 3k difference as your alleged evidence lead me to strongly advise you to get more familiar with the basics of Battle Mechanics in this game before jumping to such dramatic conclusions as opponents beating you being "cheaters" (let alone reporting them as such). Cheers.

• Like 2

If they were cheating they would have a lot more than 3k than you.

I suggest asking on the forums if you think someone is cheating without giving their name because the current report wait time is long enough for people that actually need help without reports that will just waste the support teams time on something that is not cheating or a bug.

Edited by natstar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheating ? How would it even be possible ? Both yours stats and the combat resolution are held on the server, and apart from the time you click on the button to quickly end the fight, you have absolutely no leeway on it.

The way combat results are calculated is probably based on average strengths and you sometimes get a better chance to win if you manage to reduce the opponent's ego bar enough before hitting the button (so basically, it's like to start the fully automatic fight with an advantageaous ego ratio), but remember the key factor is harmony, as the higher its value, the lower the difference between minimum and maximum values in the other parameters. Its effect is reducing the randomness in your offensive and defensive values, resulting in "better luck".

I mean, the maximum value in offense and defense isn't very relevant if you have a low harmony value, and consequently low minimum offense and defense values. Since any actual value can be calculated inbetween, it leads to lowering your average combat value. That's just how harmony works, and there's no cheating here.

You can pretty much experiment how it can fluctuate by fighting against champions. The outcomes (in money, but it's a handy criteria to compare your combat results between trials) can vary quite a lot because of this.

Anyway, I'm quite amazed at how low Eman's combat values are for a level 434 with 3 full 5 stars legendarys team on the above sample. The only possibility I can think of is a tremendous lack of equipment. I'm currently 63 levels below and my ego is 8 K lower without boosts, and 30 K higher with them. i'm not even talking about the ridiculously low combat stats that are lower than mine without boosts.

Usually, levels 430+ opponents are completely out of my league in PVP, unless I manage to catch them without their boosts on due to different time zones, or more probably, they would be inactive players not having upgraded for ages. At such levels, Eman should have other 420 K in ego, something like 80 to 92 K in attack and around 36 to 38 K in defense so I would be utterly powerless. With his boosts on, of course.

• Haha 3
  • Thinking 2

@JumpingJackFlash

I'm not sure what the point of reviving this thread is? I mean it's too recent to technically be necrobumping, but that thread was more than done two weeks ago... And it was a pretty noob question that didn't require that much discussion in the first place. Do you think for a second the guy who suspected his opponents of "cheating" for a 3k Ego difference will understand, let alone have a use for your two-week late essay on high-level D3 strats? ^^

What's more, you're incorrect on some of your basic assumptions of how battle mechanics in this game work, which makes your whole post dubious and frankly misleading. Most notably, I highly recommend looking up what Harmony actually does, because it's not what you claimed above (and it's not the key factor, but the least important one). Crash course available here.

• Like 2