Contest Closed Early

Lautern

Today the daily contest closed early for me.  I live in a country without daylight savings time, but I don't think that's the cause.  The contests went from ending at 6pm local to 7pm local during the fall back.  But, spring forward isn't until March.  Also, the new contest is still scheduled to start at the normal time.  Did this happen to anyone else?  If so, does anyone know if it is a one time thing or are the contests ending earlier now?  I was going to sell more items to get first place but ended up in second because the contest closed early.

I think the whole thing is bugged.  It still only shows the closed contest.  Even worse, I'll be finishing the defeat 120 villains soon and now can't score points in contests to get the final girl from Taming the Warriors.  Sometimes this game is so frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Lautern said:

I think the whole thing is bugged.  It still only shows the closed contest.  Even worse, I'll be finishing the defeat 120 villains soon and now can't score points in contests to get the final girl from Taming the Warriors.  Sometimes this game is so frustrating.

how many unclaimed contest results did you have today at 13:00 paris time (utc+1)?

just because it sounds like the usual problem of "saved many contests for fighting villains" - and if you have a closed contest 5 days old at the time the current contest ends, you will get none 30 minutes later.  (= having 4 closed daily contests and one running contest 5 minutes before the running contest is closing, then everything is fine)

That is sad and I sometimes think the "score points in contest" should be much earlier then the last but one.

Edited by windia
  • Like 3

@Lautern & @Benga

I've merged these two noob threads with the same noob question. QA is more appropriate than Bug reporting. Please don't report things as "bugs" unless you're reasonably sure (and realize you can't be sure when you're not familiar with the mechanic you assume is bugged). Thanks @Chthugha for giving them the answer. Cheers.

I think they should have better explained this mechanics of maximum completed contests such as a message saying that "you can no longer participate in contests before accepting the rewards"

it's much better than having to learn in the worst way

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: double post content added
  • Like 3

@BengaIt is what it is. At least you've learned something. Now you can whine about the game not working as you had incorrectly assumed, or you can adapt to the new knowledge you've gained today (and maybe get into the habit of checking the wiki or forum from time to time, or at least ask here if in doubt before it's too late). Also, don't make multiple posts in a row, that's spammy. You can edit your existing post to add something instead (as I did for you in this case). Cheers.

@Lautern It takes a special kind of stupid and mean to get your panties in twist for being called "a noob" on a video game forum, while at the same time actually insulting someone with four-letter words. @Slynia already handled this abusive behavior of yours (so this won't be visible to anyone but active mods now) but yeah, don't bother coming back when your suspension expires if you're still in this kind of mindset.

Wow, that escalated quickly.  Noob is a four letter word too ><.  As a noob, are all the mods this aggressive?  They insult you and if you retort they remove your counterargument and ban you.  I had a few questions but if the experienced players are bullies I guess I'll just figure it out on my own.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Eunege said:

Wow, that escalated quickly.  Noob is a four letter word too ><.  As a noob, are all the mods this aggressive?  They insult you and if you retort they remove your counterargument and ban you.  I had a few questions but if the experienced players are bullies I guess I'll just figure it out on my own.

Don't be afraid to ask, someone will answer your doubts.

If your question or comment has no insults or personal attacks the mods won't intervene except to correct any mistake or misconception about the game in your post.

The mods are trying to enforce the forum rules to maintain this place civic but in my opinion sometimes they react a bit too severely to correct some people. I am for free speech so I think they could be a bit more lenient to let people express their opinion in a civilized way to favour debate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jelom said:

The mods are trying to enforce the forum rules to maintain this place civic but in my opinion sometimes they react a bit too severely to correct some people. I am for free speech so I think they could be a bit more lenient to let people express their opinion in a civilized way to favour debate.

Not a single post that I've seen get removed has been civilized.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Not a single post that I've seen get removed has been civilized.

Right. I prefer to be able to know different opinions, and sometimes with just a bit editing of the offensive parts should suffice.

I will not insist more, I know it is a difficult task to moderate a forum and all of you are trying your best, and if I disagree with how the moderation is being done I should have applied before for the moderator position .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eunege said:

They insult you and if you retort they remove your counterargument and ban you.

None of us would ever remove a counterargument that didn't come with calling you names or other offensive slurr. Like the post I removed had.

5 hours ago, Eunege said:

Noob is a four letter word too ><

I see your point, however, noob stands for newbie (beginner), which in my mind is not offensive. 
Edit: Also, important to note here is the way noob was used:

20 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I've merged these two noob threads with the same noob question.

He called their questions for noob questions, not them themselves for noobs.

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Slynia said:
21 hours ago, Eunege said:

Noob is a four letter word too ><

I see your point, however

That's not so much a point as it is a semantics nitpick. Best case scenario, that was meant as a joke, or maybe he's also confused on what "noob" actually means (and/or unfamiliar with the English phrase "a four letter word"). Given the rest of his post calling mods "aggressive", "bullies" and other pleasantries for moderating a post he didn't have the chance to read... I'm not too optimistic.

@Eunege Just in case you're genuinely confused: the word "noob" technically has four letters, yes. So does "love". That's not what the saying "four letter words" refers to (seriously, look it up). And under no circumstance is calling someone a noob an insult, especially when they're actually a noob. It's just a term for "new player", and it's been widely used as such for about three decades now. Are you offended by the "Newbie" title under your name, too? ^^

In any case, we're not here to apply strict rules blindly, or else an algorithm would do the trick (spoiler alert: it never does, I've experienced it first hand many times in my career). The message is much more important than the details. Moderation is up to the mods, and their Kinkoid handlers. It's not up for public debate on the forum itself. Keep overreacting like this to stuff that doesn't concern you, and antagonizing mods for the sake of it, and yeah, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Conversely, be nice and don't assume we're out to get you, because we're not, and you shouldn't have a problem with us.

16 hours ago, jelom said:

sometimes with just a bit editing of the offensive parts should suffice.

You'd be surprised how strongly some players feel about a mod editing their post. I've had folks complain about it on principle, regardless of the edit itself, as if I had invaded their personal space or something. On top of that, removing an offensive post allows us to keep track of it on our end. So no, not a good idea.

Aaaanyways. That thread is way past done. ^^ It's been a while since we had this kind of would-be "controversy". Fun times.

TL;DR (to all):

1. Don't hoard contests if you want to keep getting new ones;

2. There's a lot of information readily available, but it's also fine to ask here if you're unsure about anything game related. There are plenty of knowledgeable players happy to help out, including mods (even though, contrary to popular belief, that's not an actual duty for us, we do it voluntarily);

3. Don't make a big deal out of nothing, try to be on your best behavior, and there's no reason you should be concerned about mods. This isn't a democracy, but it's not Soviet Russia either. It's an online forum about a hentai video game.

That's all, folks. 😃

• Like 3