Not happy with Seasons AT ALL recently.

Cholly

I can't seem to get a win in Seasons lately no matter how I arrange things. Losses in Leagues are bad enough, but at least you don't end up worse off than when you started. I am a level 419 veteran, I should not be unable to win, yet I certainly seem to be. My frustration level is beginning to far exceed my enjoyment level in the game because of this.

If they're going to increase the difficulty level this much, they need to remove the penalty for losing.

• Like 1

Have you put much effort into understanding the new battle system since the change? I'm seeing many people are managing to have success at various levels, but they had to change a fair number of things from the previous system to do so. Read the patch notes, read the other forum topics ect.

• Like 1

YES. Did you notice how often I've posted in three plus years? This was my second post. And first unqualified complaint. This is not a complaint made lightly. In my time playing, I have adjusted to several rule/game play changes. I have attempted several adjustments this time too, including the google.docs. One of the first things that I noticed on my own was that girls with blessings stats are green instead of white. Didn't help much. Went from 10 out 10 losses to NINE out 10 losses. Still a huge net loss of Mojo. Not willing to experiment in Seasons any more at this point, it's a kick in the face. If it wasn't for the losses of ground, it wouldn't be such a sticking point. Losing hard won ground is just WRONG especially while you're having to learn so many new rules.

3 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Did you use a lot of kisses in this new season? Like you had a large stash or bought them to try to advance in season this early?

If I can't win, why on earth would I buy kisses to lose even MORE mojo. Losing large amounts of mojo while attempting to figure out the new battle system is my greatest annoyance. If I could quit hemorrhaging mojo I might be interested continuing to experiment. It's the massive loss of ground that's putting my tailfeathers in a knot. Think about it, who wants to PAY to lose? It lacks even the slight hope of massive payout a slot machine offers. The best you can hope to do is grind. No thank you.

• Like 1

Falling in a bubble of strong players where in seasons can be frustrating, as you get a lot of loses.

You can get there if you rush the first days (if you were over tier 22 now, for example, but you said you didn't), if you are not as strong as similar players or just by pure bad luck.

the way to get out of there are two:

- overboost and try to surpase that group of strong players until you get some easy ones, but eventually they could reach you again and if you rush to higher tiers in seasons, you will find stronger players

- just accept some losses and let the strong players get ahead of you, coupled with trying to max your strength (I suppose you are doing that too) to allow you to get more wins later. This is the natural way to advance in the league, accepting the losses will get you weaker players and allow you to win again. Boosters can be tricky because they usually put you in strong groups, and then you have to use them constantly to not fall back.

• Like 6

I am a strong player. While there ARE stronger players, if you missed it I am level 419. I did not get there by being a weak sister. I've been grinding DAILY for over 3 years. Accept losses?!? The system makes ZERO sense. I have gone in with an advantage in Ego, Harmony, Attack, Defense AND Level with at least one of these being overwhelming and STILL lost. Unless I'm missing something that is NOT on the screen, something is wrong.

Done arguing. No one is listening and I'm starting to have trouble mustering up the will to care. Taking a break from the game for a while until I decide if I still even want to play. I had a lot of fun up to this point.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

20 hours ago, Cholly said:

I am a strong player. While there ARE stronger players, if you missed it I am level 419. I did not get there by being a weak sister. I've been grinding DAILY for over 3 years. Accept losses?!? The system makes ZERO sense. I have gone in with an advantage in Ego, Harmony, Attack, Defense AND Level with at least one of these being overwhelming and STILL lost. Unless I'm missing something that is NOT on the screen, something is wrong.

Your opponents are of a somewhat similar level than you, you're not going to get a level 300 opponent in Season, so what they mean by "strong" is "strong compared to other people of your level".
Apart from your stats you girl's stats matter as much. Are they leveled up and with maxed affection? What girls are you using? The current system is simpler than the previous one, it's just a matter of having your own stats maxed, legendary equipment and the best girls possible, there's nothing else about it right now.

Edited by Kenrae
  • Like 2

I can understand the OP's frustration, as I feel the same way about this whole thing. I've read all of the patch notes, yet truthfully they really do NOT offer that much help, at least not IMO they don't. It really appears to me, that the Devs do NOT play this game, thus why a lot of the changes they make, they don't seem to understand frustrates a whole lot of the Players who have been here for 2, 3+ yrs, and just keep making them.      DOH!

• Like 2

I get what he's experiencing, it's what I keep dealing with on ComixH too (not HH, it's all good there!). He's probably just too good and constantly up against far stronger overboosted players. Algoritm is just total poop if you play perfectly well at the start of the season.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cholly said:

No one is listening

It's not that they are not listening. It's that they don't have any information about your stat and your circumstance. When players have trouble with Seasons, it is usually one of few reasons. The players main stat may be too low to compete because they haven't max out the stat from Market. You've been around long enough, so that is probably not it. Another reason is that your Season rank is too high so you are constantly paired with strong players who are also in high ranks. This happens especially if you have saved up a lot of kisses at the start of Seasons. I've been there. The only way to get out is to lose ranks. It sucks to do it especially during KC. That's why I try to keep my rank low before KC so I can go all out during KC. It's demoralizing when you can't make progress on Seasons. It's not necessary broken when others can progress. You just need to find out what they know that you don't. If you tell us more about your stat, your rank, etc, maybe we can help you more.

12 hours ago, Cholly said:

I have gone in with an advantage in Ego, Harmony, Attack, Defense AND Level with at least one of these being overwhelming and STILL lost.

How often does that happens? If it is occasional, that is just RNG. I have lost many times to players with lower stat and I have won many times over players with higher stats. That's normal.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Methos2 said:

How often does that happens? If it is occasional, that is just RNG. I have lost many times to players with lower stat and I have won many times over players with higher stats. That's normal.

Once in a while I could accept. Random Number Generators aren't perfect, but most are MUCH better than back when we programmed with punch cards(Yes, I'm that old) I'm not sure exactly how many times, because I wasn't keeping track at first, but what put my tail in a knot and started me complaining was when it was happening to me consistently, so I started keeping track, and it happened 5 times in a row immediately.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cholly said:

so I started keeping track, and it happened 5 times in a row immediately.

I personally haven't experienced a high frequency of unexpected loses. I don't think players above have either. What is your current rank on Seasons? Can you start tracking your opponent stat when it happens? It would be helpful in figuring out why you are losing if we have your stat and your opponent stat. For example, give us the stat for the next 5 loses.

Just under 22000. I am not even close to stupidly high rank. But I went back and fought in Seasons. I had stopped fighting in Seasons for about a day and a half, I am now no longer having issues. Weird. Maybe it was my non-stop fighting? It never happened before though, and I've always fought any time I had 3 or more kisses since Seasons were introduced. That includes doing refills.

1 hour ago, Cholly said:

Just under 22000. I am not even close to stupidly high rank. But I went back and fought in Seasons. I had stopped fighting in Seasons for about a day and a half, I am now no longer having issues. Weird. Maybe it was my non-stop fighting? It never happened before though, and I've always fought any time I had 3 or more kisses since Seasons were introduced. That includes doing refills.

It's not weird, it's normal. The difficult players you were encountering have been incresing their rank and are now outside your pool of possible opponents. On the other hand, other, easier players have reached your rank and you're now encountering them.

• Like 4

Nope. Still weird, because I still had an advantage in level, ego, harmony, attack and defense even while I was losing. All the girls I use are maxed out, 90% of my harem is.

I switched back to multi-stat equipment the same day it gave better results. Had enough 10 orb Great Pachinko orbs and cash to do so.

I'm not nearly as stupid as you seem to think I am. Methos2 has read my FULL posts and offered good possibilities. You have not. You are coming off as condescending whether you realize it or not and I do not appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

11 minutes ago, Cholly said:

I'm not nearly as stupid as you seem to think I am. Methos2 has read my FULL posts and offered good possibilities. You have not. You are coming off as condescending whether you realize it or not and I do not appreciate it.

It's not that we're not trying to understand. If look over @Methos2 summary and re-read previous interactions, you'd see most of us are trying to be helpful.

Mentioning opponents as easier and difficult for you were not meant as condescending, I think. Some of us (me including) are used to emphasizing with voice tones IRL. When written it comes across differently. I'd appreciate if you re-read your last post later on - it makes impression of slightly whiny and insulting fyi ^_^.

I'm sorry FinderKeeper, it was aimed at Kenrae, and no one else. I probably should have clarified that. Methos2 was just particularly helpful and appeared to have read my posts more thoroughly. Re-read Kenrae's posts and see if you wouldn't feel condescended to. 

On 8/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, Cholly said:

Nope. Still weird, because I still had an advantage in level, ego, harmony, attack and defense even while I was losing. All the girls I use are maxed out, 90% of my harem is.

I switched back to multi-stat equipment the same day it gave better results. Had enough 10 orb Great Pachinko orbs and cash to do so.

And I don't appreciate people insulting me when I'm just trying to help them. That's all from me here then.

• Like 4

On 8/8/2021 at 5:36 PM, Kenrae said:

And I don't appreciate people insulting me when I'm just trying to help them. That's all from me here then.

Kenrae, it is entirely possible that we just got off on the wrong foot. I have since read several of your other posts elsewhere on the forum where you sounded not only helpful, but likeable. Not sure exactly why we seemed almost instantly antagonistic. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in an earlier post(s), but I felt attacked by responses, yours especially.

On 8/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, Peaches said:

And this makes the impression of being very thin-skinned.

Peaches, while I appreciate the show of support(At least I think it was a show of support), it's not necessary. I was being a rather grumpy old man. 

• Like 4

@Cholly, I read @Kenrae's posts. He really tried to help by stating the facts. He wasn't implying that your character is weak. It is just that there are stronger players whom we would encounter especially in Seasons because of how Seasons pairs players. I think his second post explains the situation that you went in and why you couldn't make any progress in advancing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cholly said:

Kenrae, it is entirely possible that we just got off on the wrong foot. I have since read several of your other posts elsewhere on the forum where you sounded not only helpful, but likeable. Not sure exactly why we seemed almost instantly antagonistic. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in an earlier post(s), but I felt attacked by responses, yours especially.

Then let's just forget this exchange and move on. I for sure didn't intend to attack you in any way.

• Like 4