How does updating what team of mine others see in the League work?

FGoog

Thanks- so is that a consensus belief that updates happen every 6 hours after the turnover of a new day, except when they took boosters, in which case they are updated instantaneously during that period? Or is it not known for sure, but at the limit what you just described is known? I feel like at different changes of the hour I have been on the League page and see the page go blank for a moment then reappear, and after that I noticed some people's stats have changed. I will try to document that

I just verified, much to my chagrin, that peoples' stats do update in between hours, at least in this case where someone added boosters before I got around to challenging them.

But I am also curious to know what team of mine gets shown to others. For example this week I have tried to leave a rainbow team selected whenever I am not about to challenge someone, with the thought that it is harder for others to score points against a rainbow team because of the lack of a counter bonus. But does that last team selected matter, or does it just go off of the last team you used to make a challenge with?

1 hour ago, FGoog said:

But does that last team selected matter, or does it just go off of the last team you used to make a challenge with?

Your idea that which team you use to fight has any incidence on this is incorrect. Your team, equipment, stats, boosters and even your level (and girls' levels) that your opponents see and get to fight are those of the latest snapshot that was taken for you in that league at any given time. Nothing else matters. Of course it will be based on the last team you selected as your league team before the latest snapshot was taken. But whether you've used that team after the snapshot or not doesn't matter at all.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:54 AM, bolitho76 said:

There are snapshots which are taken in the hour before reset time and than after ca. 6h +/- some minutes. Sometimes some players were updated between two snapshots, mostly if they add new boosters.

Not exactly. There used to be a snapshot one hour before the end of the league, in the old system. That's no longer the case, though.

Global snapshots (when every member of the league gets their "picture" taken) happen every 6 hours, roughly at 1AM, 7AM, 1PM and 7PM. Roughly because each particular league group is given its own exact global snapshot time when and in the order in which leagues are generated after a Thursday reset. So there's a window which is between reset time and half an hour after it (and from there it repeats every 6 hours exactly, at the exact specific time for each particular league; you can predict it once you've noticed it). The final global snapshot for any given league is now the one on Thursday morning, somewhere between 7AM and 7:30AM. All times are CET/CEST (Paris time).

Independently of the global snapshots, there are relatively frequent individual and partial snapshots now, in the new system (well, the current system, rather, it's been in effect for awhile by now). An individual player can typically trigger an individual snapshot of just them when their boosters expire or new ones are equipped, but whether or not it happens is random and the odds are not super high either. There's no clean estimate and it's nearly impossible to do, but it's much lower than 1/3 odds and probably no smaller than 10%, I'd say. A partial snapshot is a bit different, it doesn't need a trigger from anyone, the game triggers some at random intervals in between two global snapshots, and it typically updates half a dozen players or so. That's why it's still possible and to be expected that some opponents will change seemingly out of the blue more or less regularly, even though most players stay "frozen" for 6 hours between two global snapshots.

PS: @FGoog Don't double post please. Use the EDIT option on your existing post instead (the three dots top-right of your post).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

This is pretty interesting.  I used to assume that the game took a short while to update the defense team after it was changed, but not a whole 6 hours.

I'll try to summarize this, to see if I understood it all.

You have to be careful of your defensive team, and boosters, around 7-7:30 AM/PM, and 1-1:30 AM/PM Paris time.  That's when the game takes a global snapshot of all the League players' teams.  It changes every 6 hours.  It'll be easy or hard for other players to counter, depending on the team.  Individual snapshots can occur after booster changes, but it's not a guarantee.  (I feel like that should be a guarantee, b/c boosters make a huge difference in leagues).

In this current league w/ these blessings, people use exhibitionist, or balanced teams on defense.  If I mistakenly left an eccentric team on defense, b/c I was countering exhibitionist, then it'll be easier for other players to gain more points off of my team, b/c eccentric isn't as blessed as exhibitionist atm.  I'd prefer to have a balanced team on defense, w/ no elemental weakness.  That's all I'm trying to ensure.

I'm trying to consistently finish in the top 15 of DIII, so every little bit helps.

• Like 6