Club Champion restarted mid match without Maelyn

Methos2

19 minutes ago, Methos2 said:

CC restarted when previous match wasn't finished.

Additionally, this is the expected result every month when we reach the exact hour of CC switch. Which, inconveniently (and due to prior mistakes) is neither a neat "1st day of month at midnight, server time" nor at the time of the first daily server reset on the 1st day of the month either. It's around 6AM server time (CET) on the second day of the month.

You can see a timer for that thanks to the HH++ script, as seen in my screenshot shared in the Patch Notes thread.

Whenever we reach that time, if the previous month's CC is not in cooldown, it immediately gets replaced by the new month's CC (and if there was a run going, it's lost). If the CC is in cooldown, then you still see the old CC until the cooldown is over, and then the new CC appears:

image.png

(If we paid the reset, we would be in for quite a disappointment).

Anyway, this isn't a bug. I don't know that I would call this "normal" but it's how it works every month. The mistake they made, as discussed in the Patch Notes thread, was assigning the new girl to the old CC instead of the new one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

on the second day of the month.

That part got me

7 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

if the previous month's CC is not in cooldown, it immediately gets replaced by the new month's CC

The match with Maelyn was started when CC wasn't in cooldown. It replaced the previous one. That's another reason why I thought everything was normal.

• Like 1

il y a 23 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

It's around 6AM server time (CET) on the second day of the month.

Not exactly.

The CC resets at reset time on the first day of the month. However, since all Champions remain for at least 24 hours after they come back, it can add a delay (So up to +24 hours after reset, depending on the club).

If the club doesn't defeat the champion every day, then it just resets the 1st of the month at 1pm CET. Any extra delay is specific to each club.

Edit: the timer is not specific to HH++, either. It's part of the base game

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

And it makes the HH++ script timer even more crucial for any club.

There was a timer even without HH++, its just darker and higher up. It showed loss then a day left which should have been 30ish days if it had flipped to the new champion.

Edited by Yamiray
  • Surprised :O 1

Thank you both, Yami and M17. Yeah, I had a brain fart and confused the monthly timer with the current run timer (which the script does add). My bad.

So this means anyone from any club could have seen this coming, provided they knew and understood that any unfinished run gets destroyed when the time comes for the new CC to take over. And that Maelyn was assigned to Chad, who was about to take his leave after staying with us (with no new girl!) for all of August, and that she would also disappear when Ezekiel replaced Chad (also with no new girl).