Quest V2

Johnny Suzy Test

2 hours ago, Johnny Suzy Test said:

The page crashed and had to be reloaded several times before I could complete the job.

Do you have a chance to trigger this crash again and catch error logs from the browser console ("developer tools" in Chrome/Chromium based browsers)? This could help developers to identify and fix the issue.

58 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Do you have a chance to trigger this crash again and catch error logs from the browser console

Android devices do not have built-in "developer tools" in Chrome. If you have the desire and opportunity, you can use external debugging.

P.S. This, to put it mildly, is not the section of the forum where innovations and bugs are discussed. I hope the mods will be lenient with you and get off with just a verbal warning, moving your topic to the correct section. For the future, such topics should be posted in the Feedback section

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed something in the code that makes it looks like some of the effects may not be working. when they pull up a static girl image that is from the harem they use marker called girl_avatar and then point to the png path. well I just noticed they have a marker for girl_animation which makes me think it should be the version that is always moving. however for me they are always the not moving version weather I have animation Enabled or not. My guess is that is the eventual intent for some of these. Sample is side quest V② Catfight and Forest, 2nd scene the girl that pops up has the girl_animation mark. So she may start moving at some point

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The animated pictures in Current quest are causing huge problems. I'm now totally stuck. The game crashes, unable to load the next image.
If the animated pictures could be deactivated by choosing "Animations": Off in Settings, it would totally solve the problem. This method worked to solve the bug in pachinko and partly eased up the "Orgy days" lags.
We hope you can solve this. It's awful that we're being forced to give up the game for such a simple thing.

Do the sample side quests work for you?

No guarantee that the new adventure quests are the same, but the side quests are animated with simple CSS transitions and partial image overlays, hence nothing fancy and only minimal additional traffic. That should not crash any browser 🤔.

• Like 1

A plain CSS transition/animation should really not do that, otherwise it's a browser bug. Without hardware acceleration (it could be simply not supported by the GPU or driver), CPU usage will go up and the animation might be laggy, but it should not lead to a crash, unless OS, driver or any such contains a bug, or the system runs at its limit and has an awful thermal protection (not capping CPU frequency when required). And then I would expect the system to crash in several other circumstances.

One thing I could imagine is that memory leaks are the issue: The game never was really memory friendly and has leaks at several places, but it became much worse: Playing through the Labyrinth in one run leads to ~5 GiB memory usage for the single browser tab on my desktop, which also results in sluggish battle animations. Closing it and opening a new tab normalises RAM usage. So probably when playing the game, especially the Labyrinth for a while, then starting the quest, RAM usage just peaks through some limit. This could be ruled out by starting the quest from a new browser tab (or better window) immediately and see whether it still crashes.

Edited by Horsting

I played the labyrinth today and didn't close my browser since this morning and the memory consumption seems ok.

webIsolated=https://hentaiheroes.com (pid 14940)

Explicit Allocations
222.41 MB (100.0%) ++ explicit

Other Measurements
134,217,727.94 MB (100.0%) -- address-space
├──132,105,184.12 MB (98.43%) ── free(segments=533)
├────2,111,850.63 MB (01.57%) -- reserved
│    ├──2,097,113.97 MB (01.56%) ── mapped(segments=12)
│    └─────14,736.66 MB (00.01%) ── private(segments=3606)
└──────────693.19 MB (00.00%) ++ commit

58.71 MB (100.0%) ++ decommitted
160.31 MB (100.0%) ++ heap-committed
51.26 MB (100.0%) ++ images
62.65 MB (100.0%) ++ js-main-runtime
31.29 MB (100.0%) ++ js-main-runtime-gc-heap-committed
28.11 MB (100.0%) ++ window-objects
---
       349.47 MB ── resident

Also a good part of the JS runtime memory consumption comes from the scripts I'm running.

At the peak, the tab required 693MB and it's now back to 350MB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How are you doing these measurements? From the browser developer tools I could just see that local storage and other storage types listed in Application tab are insignificant. Is it a heap snapshot? I checked this on Memory tab, and at least it lists only a part of what the browser tab actually consumes:

image.thumb.png.ea48f0f7212b71f1601ec59293a50f8f.png

The 1.3 GiB process is the HH tab, the only one opened at the time of the screenshot. No other tab ever reaches such values. This was a fresh tab, navigated 2 minutes through all game elements, but without Labyrinth, as I finished it already. Will do this tomorrow again after finishing Labyrinth.

A while ago on test server I checked it without any scripts, and just doing 2 Labyrinth battles or so raised RAM usage of the tab significant. I could never see a significant (permanent) effect of the scripts on RAM usage.

• Thanks 1

Okay this page does not exist on Chromium-based browsers. Got this today after Labyrinth:

image.thumb.png.4690f20def3564c48aab1e5ce2060546.png

2 GB JS VM usage, 4.3 GB browser tab RAM usage. I tried to take a Heap snapshot with the blue botton below, but this seems to double (or more) memory usage along the process, and the page crashed before it was finished. To RAM usage is too high to investigate further 😄. Can someone with Chromium-based browser (Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi, Opera, ...) try to replicate? Probably it is the engine which makes a difference compared to Firefox, who knows.

• Surprised :O 1