Dear Kinkoid Games,

ENOUGH!!!!!

Let us Pick ONE ART for the HH & CXH background & be Done with it!  I wasted HOURS i had to PLAY, struggling to get the game to load, because the game(s) kept trying to load multiple backgrounds i don't have time to see before it tries loading the next image.  i don't want nor need 30+ Art pieces; WHAT I NEED IS for the game data to load so that the game can be played.

Having to ReLoad a page multiple times because it is choking on art & Failing to Load the Game Data, risks the dreaded & hated 505 ERROR lockout.  When my computer has memory available, being able to leisurely play a few games should not be an unreasonable expectation.  But instead of getting some fun & relaxation i got hours of frustration, leaving me bitter & angry about the experience.  If other casual players are having the same issue, most are likely to quit the game & find another rather than report the issue.

Simply allowing us to Pick One Art background per event duration will save us a lot of time & spare us the frustration.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Karxan, Concerned Player

Edited by Karxan
minor edits needed
  • Like 2
  • Hug 1

Hey, there.

This is an old, old battle you're picking up here (you can put on your archaeologist hat and dig for my version of this complaint from a few years ago if you want ^^) .

Just install either version of the HH++ script and make sure to check the option that preserves many players' sanity, prevents me from getting my migraines triggered, and will also fix your overload problem:

image.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hey, there.

This is an old, old battle you're picking up here (you can put on your archaeologist hat and dig for my version of this complaint from a few years ago if you want ^^) .

Just install either version of the HH++ script and make sure to check the option that preserves many players' sanity, prevents me from getting my migraines triggered, and will also fix your overload problem:

image.png

please tell me there's an easy "How To" guide here?  I know i've seen it discussed but i haven't figured it out yet.

Can it be added to CXH?

Edited by Karxan
CXH?

There's one somewhere by Finder (though I can't remember where) and it might be in one of Sly's old guide too (though I can't find it right now either).

Anyways:

1. Install a plugin or addon to handle scripts on your web browser. The most popular one is TamperMonkey. Just pick your browser's tab and "Add" it.
  2. Once you have a monkey running, you can feed it user scripts. Use the direct install link in this thread's OP (pick one of the two main HH++ versions, #1 on the list; probably OCD for you):

Enjoy!

Both work on CxH and most other HH clones as well, yes.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

You only have to ask Tuto-Chan (not needed to reach Digisekai for this 😉 )

While the tutorial itself is nice, the fact that this bot on the official Discord only promotes Zoo's version of HH++ and not Tom208's never sat right with me. Especially for someone like Karxan, who I think would benefit a bit more from Tom's OCD version than Zoo's BDSM one.

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

who I think would benefit a bit more from Tom's OCD version than Zoo's BDSM one.

Why do you think so? I am still thinking times whether I should switch to Tom's as default and Zoo's as secondary for all the style tweaks I got so used to, but the number of benefits is too low/unimportant for me to run both scripts, or I missed something. Clear argument for Tom's version is that he is lightning fast reacting to game changes and community suggestions, having the battle sim with GS5 support, champ navigation, Laby shortcut, just to mention some. For me Zoo's version is mandatory (at least as secondary) for the settings integration used by many other scripts, Rena's battle sim (mandatory for me), 430i's script and Zoo's recorders.

11 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Why do you think so?

Precisely because Karxan is just about the opposite type of player from you. He's not using a single script yet, and he's most likely to stick to one version of HH++ if he manages to follow our instructions here and if his potato PC doesn't give him trouble for it, and not install any other script ever. As a standalone single script for a semi-casual player, Tom's version is much better than Zoo's in my opinion (it even includes a battle sim similar to Rena's by default, contrary to Zoo's version).

I would agree with you if we were advising a highly competitive PvP player who wants to minmax and follow the meta. They'd be better off starting with Zoo's version along with the half-dozen complementary scripts for top league play. But that's not the type of player Karxan is, at all.

• Like 1

From Zoo's script I also love all the style tweaks, which enhance some page quite significantly IMO, compacting things and giving a better overview. But this is indeed not something important, but more something you get used to and do not want to miss afterwards. But the functional battle simulator is indeed a good argument, and generally to have the most important gameplay enhancements assured and annoyances removed, in case fixed quickly.

Tom's script includes Style Tweaks too. It used to be a separate script that they both contributed to over time (along with Numbers and plenty others, ofc) and it got included to HH++ a year or so ago IIRC. There are probably some differences by now between Tom's and Zoo's versions, but the bulk of Style Tweaks is the same for both.