Archiving story 2.0

Might be a weird question but... any idea how to archive the current story format in a convenient way?

The best thing I can think about are screenshot - and not even that because we can't full screen the scene without having the UI on it. So more like snipping tool the scene?

But I've also noticed that the "scene" doesn't always end on the best position (for example it might show the full picture then zoom in and I'd love to save the whole).

I remember @Yamiray mentioning something about saving them to read later. Any tips you could share? :)

I'm looking for some options as my current archive abruptly stopped at the end of the Tournament and KK confirmed that they won't add a gallery to the game because people save images if they want them and at the same time designed a system that made it impossible :D

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, garadron said:

'm looking for some options as my current archive abruptly stopped at the end of the Tournament and KK confirmed that they won't add a gallery to the game because people save images if they want them and at the same time designed a system that made it impossible :D

It depends on your coding skill level. for me I recreated the animation system using a database and php web site run locally. I then created a textless version of the animation for an autoit script to do a snapshot to just the right size then move on till done for a non animated version. I then added a link to each of the non animated scenes to jump to that location of the animated version. the only part that is manual is making a custom speaking by icon for someone that does not already have one.

now if you don't have a lot of coding skill screen grab is probably the only option, if you don't want the see the text in the image outside if using the eye you can use a browser with live code editing and delete the text-gradient and quest-v2-dialogue for each scene before taking the screen grab.

• Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

Wouldn't it be also possible to store the HTML and CSS, probably parts of JS locally to just run run a local actual HTML version of the animation in browser? Usually the backend delivers the HTML, and is then not required anymore, is it?

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

6 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Wouldn't it be also possible to store the HTML and CSS, probably parts of JS locally to just run run a local actual HTML version of the animation in browser? Usually the backend delivers the HTML, and is then not required anymore, is it?

Thats is what I did first to find out what would be needed to make my site work, issue/censor is the js file do have some hard coded pointer to there systems that I didn't want to get flagged on for possible lock out so I made sure it all pointed to my systems for testing. So you can try but at your own risk.

Edit: plus the animation ran very fast with all the images being local

Edited by Yamiray

I have zero coding skills or notions. But you guys make me dream! ^^

I wish I could just clone my harem and the adventure mode and side quests to keep them locally for viewing at my leisure (and in case the site shuts down someday, hopefully not anytime soon, but having a private local copy of what I've unlocked would still be reassuring, and also more convenient). It could also be a way to include and save both versions of art that has been (or will be) changed or reworked.

But yeah, unless I'm handed a ready-made tool that I just need to launch, that's not happening.

PS: Wow, that was some lightning fast edit there! I saw Yami's last post as doubled, hid the extra one, and when I refreshed the page I saw that the other had been deleted, so I put the other one back up. ^^

Edit: Hmm... Okay, nobody but me shows in the mod history for this thread, so... I guess I'm seeing double, now. ^^ (Good thing I'll have new glasses soon).

image.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
never mind
  • Like 1

Yeah, my coding skills are pretty much non-existent (apart from some basic powershell knowledge), so I guess it's snipping tool for me. sad panda

Although one more crazy idea I just had was to download all the parts that make a scene, dump them into Photoshop as layers and merge based on where they are in game. But this sounds like way too much work per image to be worth it (and I'm not even sure if saving webp images as pngs would save the alpha channels or not)

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

But yeah, unless I'm handed a ready-made tool that I just need to launch, that's not happening.

we're in the same boat then ;)

The only reason why I have the affection scenes saved (manually) is that I've started early enough before I had 1000+ girls to go through :D

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I wish I could just clone my harem and the adventure mode and side quests to keep them locally for viewing at my leisure (and in case the site shuts down someday, hopefully not anytime soon, but having a private local copy of what I've unlocked would still be reassuring, and also more convenient). It could also be a way to include and save both versions of art that has been (or will be) changed or reworked.

Well my script until they changed the harem could have done that but now I had to link it to my database to know where to look for updates and had to add a custom temp table to do adds for new scenes. for new story and side quests its still working. But the more manaul tasks I need to do the less likely I'm going to be able to keep up. For now girl profile updates is off the table to put all focus on story.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Yamiray said:

For now girl profile updates is off the table to put all focus on story.

But what if we miss an edit war over a girl's name, or the next girl with objectively blue hair who gets changed to count as "purple"? ^^ These are the funniest (well, to read and talk about that is; they're usually not fun when the random attribute change spoils your team's synergy).

8 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

But what if we miss an edit war over a girl's name, or the next girl with objectively blue hair who gets changed to count as "purple"? ^^ These are the funniest (well, to read and talk about that is; they're usually not fun when the random attribute change spoils your team's synergy).

Well the current problem is my only 2 options are go to each girls page 1 by 1(risk of getting my account locked) or pull from somewhere else(think I saw some options like the edit page). These do not seem to have all the data I has access to before plus I can only access girls I my self have. So I'd still be blind to girls I don't have so it doesn't seem worth my time if I can get them all. 

• Thanks 1

Or you could set up a proxy to save requests and response (or export the har from the network tab), scroll through the whole harem and then with some code, parse the requests and responses locally.

Should be pretty simple, the tedious part is scrolling across the whole harem.

Edited by mdnoria

Just now, mdnoria said:

Or you could set up a proxy to save requests and response (or export the har from the network tab), scroll through the whole harem and then with some code parse the requests and responses locally.

Should be pretty simple.

its not the scroll. you don't get the girl data until you click on the icon now. for 1700+ girls and rising that would be crasy, doing once maybe but daily that's not happening.

Yes, effectively, we are missing the reference part which is the only one which contains everything from the girl real name to the girl story and her variations. Everything else which seems useful is contained in the paginated response.

Edited by mdnoria

What about reading everything from the waifu page now, like Rena does it with Harem++? The waifu.html contains all girl's data, as far as I can see, though only of those you own already. So individual requests are then only required for the girls you do not own. "Owning" girls sounds somehow horrible, but no easy alternative wording comes to my mind in the context of this game 😅.

EDIT: The girl's description/story is missing on the waifu page 😔.

Edited by Horsting

8 hours ago, mdnoria said:

Yes, effectively, we are missing the reference part which is the only one which contains everything from the girl real name to the girl story and her variations. Everything else which seems useful is contained in the paginated response.

Hmm, this gave me a idea and then I found where they put the data. its in the ajax.php calls now. not sure at this time how I can get me script to pull from here but for the short term I can get all the data manually here.

Edit: just did a pull of Spade and get all the info, checked the wiki and still no Description as no one should have here yet so it was a good test.

here is what I got

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.26772c54a1cb89fee00716dea5078ea2.png

So there is hope I'll come up with something.

Edited by Yamiray
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yamiray said:

Hmm, this gave me a idea and then I found where they put the data. its in the ajax.php calls now. not sure at this time how I can get me script to pull from here but for the short term I can get all the data manually here.

HH++ provides a helper function for that. I'm also working on updating my script that tracks changes in girl data that I use for the blessing spreadsheets

image.png.dfea844885688c32f9bf64702c64ca35.png

Almost done with it, just have to figure out how to handle migrating the old data since now I'm tracking the shared ref data separately to only have to check each ref_id instead of each girl.

image.png.dcc97ae25d198c09395dd28140ca0252.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, zoopokemon said:

HH++ provides a helper function for that. I'm also working on updating my script that tracks changes in girl data that I use for the blessing spreadsheets

image.png.dfea844885688c32f9bf64702c64ca35.png

Almost done with it, just have to figure out how to handle migrating the old data since now I'm tracking the shared ref data separately to only have to check each ref_id instead of each girl.

image.png.dcc97ae25d198c09395dd28140ca0252.png

Thanks for the info, these where the 2 action= I was noticing and thinking would be useful. Ya I was going to use the ref as well from my database as the API to get the first girl id from the list for each then do the get_girl if I can. that should definitely reduse the number of calls needed

Edited by Yamiray