New arena battle system worse than ever

junkymale

Starting today, I noticed that every time I lose an arena battle, I lose 31 mojo (and I even lose 31 mojo on fights which would only have earned me 1 mojo in the first place). I don't understand the need for punitive changes to the arena system. It was bad enough when you changed the system recently to force us to fight battles by taking away our choice of opponents.

According to the old system, we would be given 3 possible opponents out of which we could choose the opponents we felt that we were best suited to fight. According to the new system, the system chooses 3 opponents; these are the only opponents that I can fight for the next 30 min. I have been given, more than once, 3 opponents who have at least 6000 more ego than I do and are at least 5 levels higher than I am. The chances of beating those opponents were extremely low, but there was no harm in at least trying, since I wasn't being punished for losing. Now that you are punishing me for losing, there is no point in trying.

If you are going to take away 31 mojo which each loss, at least give us 31 mojo for each win, not 1 mojo for a win and -31 mojo for a loss.

Truthfully, I would like to go back to the old system of arena fights.

• Like 4

You have always lost Mojo when you lose. The update just allows you to see that number instead of having you guess. If you weren't getting upset about losing before, I see no reason you should now.

Edited by Enthrexaion
Change my wording so it's better understood

Going back is not gonna happen. But you do not have to fight an opponent when you can figure it out that you are going to loose. If you are worried about loosing Mojo, just skip and wait, it will still refresh after the 30 minute countdown and it is going to give you three new opponents. No one is holding a gun at your head and forcing you to fight those opponents. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ligery said:

Well, i can't.

Безымянный.png

Sorry. Yes, I had some too where I thought I was stronger and I did loose the battle.  Was there maybe a know-how judge that did favor him?

But I was more going towards if you get an opponent that has much higher battle stats and lots of ego, can just skip and not click it, once the timer runs out it will give three new opponents.  Honestly I don't really understand it still how this battle system works myself, your stats are better than his.

Edited by Encino

The way the actual battles are judged is a separate problem. Since I noticed the other day that I have been losing points, I agree that I have been losing more often to opponents that seemed to be weaker than I am, but usually, I only have one opponent out of the 3 given to me that I would even attempt to fight (fights which I usually seem to lose now). Around 50% of the time, all 3 opponents are way more powerful than I am, so I can't even attempt to fight them anymore. (And yes, I am still noticing that most fights which I do attempt offer me 1 mojo as a possible reward, but when I lose I am penalized 31 mojo, which seems additionally unfair)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ligery said:

Well, i can't.

Безымянный.png

Your stats might be better, but you need to realize two thing; Your team and the classes.

You are playing as a Charm, therefore you deal 20% more damage against Hardcore and take 20% more damage from Know How. You are at a disadvantage when fighting Know How before you even start the fight.

Second bigest mistake is your team. You are a Charm, which means you should only be using girls and gear will only the Charm Stat. If your team is nothing but Charm, you will have more health and deal more damage. However don't forget about the first problem. I hope this information helps you win more matchs.

PvP feels terrible.

1) It is not interesting or engaging.

There is nothing special about the art vibrations and the system to determine damage, defense, ego, etc is arcane and seems arbitrary. This is also true with boss battles, to be honest. So I imagine most players just skip the "animation" of most fights. I suppose you can only ask so much from a simple game such as this, but the other points really spell out or exacerbate why this is a problem.

2) There is no way to noticeably/reliably adjust the odds (or even consistently calculate them).

Epic boosters (which are usually only ever acquired through the PvP system, it seems) seem to make little difference. Even so, buying boosters cost Kobans and using Kobans for anything that has no chance of rewarding girls seems rash. Even if they do function well, there is no way to measure or gauge how well boosters work. Then, you often just randomly lose to people with much worse stats (and occasionally win against those with significantly better stats, though that seems less common).

3) The rewards are meager.

Mojo was only interesting as a meter to see how persistent players were at the PvP system. Even then, before we started losing it, I was constantly being offered opponents that present 0-1 Mojo. The amount of money per fight is negligible considering how much you make with 10+ girls. The other rewards are rarely anything of actual value worth pursuing (usually common and uncommon crap to sell for less money than the small amount of money gained from the money rewards). The experience isn't enough to even tickle the meter and who knows if it is still bugged.

4) Extra fights (gained through the Tower) to challenge specific players still use Combativity and give the same weak rewards.

This is self-explanatory.

5) The penalties for losing the fights you are stuck with seems strangely punishing for a game that wants people to engage with the mechanic.

I mean, why play if you don't get any real entertainment or competitive value out of the system?

That said, the bonuses for winning enough in a day seem like a step in the right direction, even though getting a common equipment piece for winning a few fights is pointless. The experience and money rewards here might be enough if everything else is fixed. Extra combativity is nice, if somewhat light.

Also, why did refills go up in cost?

• Like 3

The new system will kill the PvP, it´s only a question of time. Today i have clicked 4 or 4 times for the "Battle", 90% of the offered opponents, i didn´t have any chance. And i´m level 183, 35 girls, and good equipment.....

I think it is like in many many other games....if you play with normal equipment, your chances are very low.....spent yor money for pixels, and the world is yours......because you can then pay for the real good stuff....

I think you guys are complaining too much about the fairness of the opponents, I think I normally have a 50% or higher to beat them but it might be luck as well.

Anyway I do agree there is plenty of room to improve the system. Here are my two cents

1. It's very difficult to know what some of the boosters do. What's the Chlorella doing to help me win? And the Cordiceps?
  2. I think refresh each 30 minutes is too much, I would be fine with a refresh each hour
  3. I don't understand how important a judge is to be honest, how much does it affect the battle?
  4. Is it better to use three girls of your type or one of each?

This PVP doesn't work at all.  Even If i scored higher on all the facts I'm still losing. This sucks...really bad. It's becoming a stupid game and there is no fun at all anymore.  In the previous week I lost > 400 mojo's and maybe I won around 50. This is crazy when al the factors better and you still loose. There is no logic anymore and it's better to do nothing than to play Strange game...better not playing the game? I'm impressed rofl! 

On 2/23/2018 at 8:02 AM, Enthrexaion said:

You are playing as a Charm, therefore you deal 20% more damage against Hardcore and take 20% more damage from Know How. You are at a disadvantage when fighting Know How before you even start the fight.

Second bigest mistake is your team. You are a Charm, which means you should only be using girls and gear will only the Charm Stat. If your team is nothing but Charm, you will have more health and deal more damage. However don't forget about the first problem. I hope this information helps you win more matchs.

Well thank you, this really works.

Yeah the new system is pretty messed up.

Most of the time I get opponents who are way higher in levels and stats.
Sometimes I get lower opponents but that doesn't seem to matter. I have lost so many times against people with half the stats I have, lower ego and type advantage only to get completely destroyed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pirateKing said:

I think you guys are complaining too much about the fairness of the opponents, I think I normally have a 50% or higher to beat them but it might be luck as well.

I don't care about the chances. If the mini-game is entertaining, noticeably rewarding, and interactive in some meaningful way then it will feel good. If it is boring/uninteractive, minimally rewarding, and occasionally punishing then it will feel terrible.

Edited by pfrimmer
  • Like 1

Talk to me about stupid losses when you have 2 beatable opponents who get nothing but crits EVERY attack and i get NO crits at all. And yes i lost 60 mojo from those 2 battles and won onle 1 mojo from my win. @Kinkoid really needs to fix the critical system in this game or introduce a rematch system if your opponent wins through pure bullshit with stupid crits on a broken system.

Also to note, i had higher ego (about 23000) due to boosts but it wore off before i took the screen shot.

Screenshot_2018-02-25-11-03-18.png

• Like 1

Wow...... so i beat someone who is level 80, thats 11 levels ahead of me (he was probably a pve player as his stats were very low for his level), i got 22 mojo.

I thought mojo was supposed to be 32 for someone at 5 or more levels higher than you. This pvp system is clearly not working. How am i supposed to do pvp if my weaker opponents always crit me causing me to lose 30 mojo per fight, and when i finally beat an opponent i get next to no mojo because the system is bugged.

If they are going to force this on us, people will not play it, especially with next to no rewards for winning, and being punished for trying to beat a rigged system with rigged opponents.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudd said:

Wow...... so i beat someone who is level 80, thats 11 levels ahead of me (he was probably a pve player as his stats were very low for his level), i got 22 mojo.

I thought mojo was supposed to be 32 for someone at 5 or more levels higher than you. This pvp system is clearly not working. How am i supposed to do pvp if my weaker opponents always crit me causing me to lose 30 mojo per fight, and when i finally beat an opponent i get next to no mojo because the system is bugged.

If they are going to force this on us, people will not play it, especially with next to no rewards for winning, and being punished for trying to beat a rigged system with rigged opponents.

You get more experience if they're 5 or more levels higher the amount of mojo you get depends on their rank in tower of fame and like you said based on his low stats for his level he would not have done much pvp giving him a low rank but still good job on beating a player that is 11 levels higher than you.

24 minutes ago, dudd said:

Talk to me about stupid losses when you have 2 beatable opponents who get nothing but crits EVERY attack and i get NO crits at all. And yes i lost 60 mojo from those 2 battles and won onle 1 mojo from my win. @Kinkoid really needs to fix the critical system in this game or introduce a rematch system if your opponent wins through pure bullshit with stupid crits on a broken system.

Also to note, i had higher ego (about 23000) due to boosts but it wore off before i took the screen shot.

Screenshot_2018-02-25-11-03-18.png

The defensive stats only give you 50% defense damage reduction against attacks while if a hardcore player had the same amount of points of hardcore they would get 100% boost for their attack power such so if you got 100 defense against hardcore attacks they would get 200 attack bonus from the same amount of points so you would need double the hardcore points just to stop their base attack but since critical attacks exist in the game which doubles the base attack meaning you would need 4 times as many hardcore points to stop their attack since 200+200=400

Having 4 times as much hardcore would still not stop damage from a hardcore player because being know how you're weak against them so they also get a 20% attack boost and to make matters worse that 20% attack damage boost with every attack they make becomes a 40% attack power boost when they get a critical attacks against you so when a hardcore player gets a critical attack it doubles their normal damage and doubles their 20% attack boost giving them a boost of 140% on top of their normal attack damage so the only way to really beat them is to get more critical attacks than the hardcore player and to have much greater stats.

I don't understand why everyone is so concerned about "Mojo", given the opportunity I would trade all my Mojo points for one more girl

in my Harem.

I couldn't care less about my position on the Tower of Fame, and if the developers ever make changes to the game so Mojo matters

then I will rethink my feelings about it.

Until then pvp fights don't really matter to me and if I lose one well there will be another in half an hour.

Don't really care about Mojo or my rankings in the Tower of Fame, but I do like the PvP battles. Mainly play it for the rewards, as Juy Sea is as far as either of my accounts is currently and max boss level still only nets me 10.5k a fight or 21k an hour, my better harem nets me almost 32k an hour assuming I'm constantly checking in to collect which I doubt many do. At lv85 I'm getting about 3.6k a fight from PvP 21.6k (assuming I don't get to much boosters or common gifts) an hour and I get a decent amount of rare gifts which for me currently is a bigger problem given the store rarely stocks epic gifts so maxing affection is a really slow process.

My biggest problem with the new rock-paper-scissors is it makes it pretty rare that you can win against a 3rd of your fights cause as a shagger I almost always lose to charm regardless of of how greater my stats are to theirs. Throw in the fact that the matching tends to put you against people 10-15 levels greater than you and I'm lucky to win 2/3 fights. Don't care if they want to keep the rock-paper-scissor thing but I hope they either improve the battle system to give us a chance or reduce the bonus damage.

On 2/23/2018 at 5:10 PM, pirateKing said:

Anyway I do agree there is plenty of room to improve the system. Here are my two cents

1. It's very difficult to know what some of the boosters do. What's the Chlorella doing to help me win? And the Cordiceps?
  2. I think refresh each 30 minutes is too much, I would be fine with a refresh each hour
  3. I don't understand how important a judge is to be honest, how much does it affect the battle?
  4. Is it better to use three girls of your type or one of each?

I'll take this one.

1. Coryceps increases your damage output, chlorella increases your max HP (probably the most useful booster, try equipping four rares of it), ginseng root increases base health which basically makes it chlorella only weaker, and there's the other one that increases your crit rate but you won't care about that once you get to 25%.
2. They halved the refresh cost taking this into account.
3. Favorite position hits for 1.5x if it matches with your alpha or your opponent's.
4. Always use your type for all three.

I like the PvP, but I've always played this game with my main focus on maximizing how I do in combat so I'm a bit biased.

• Like 1