Patch-Notes 18/04/18 Discussion

Ok, charm crit is even worse than i thought. Almost useless.
Charm players are forced to use a charm girl as alpha, so we are forced to waste at least 1 crit "slot".
Sure, we can change our beta and omega to have better crits, but this also means losing some atk when all girls enter in battle. And now battles are longer than before, so this will happen every time.
Other classes are not affected by these problems.

So yes, this patch is very bad for charm players. Charm crit really needs to be improved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniele said:

Charm players are forced to use a charm girl as alpha, so we are forced to waste at least 1 crit "slot".
Sure, we can change our beta and omega to have better crits, but this also means losing some atk when all girls enter in battle. And now battles are longer than before, so this will happen every time.

So yes, this patch is very bad for charm players. Charm crit really needs to be improved.

Try  max all statistics, using the rainbow equipment and all the charm girls.
it will help you a lot :)

charm players need to focus on defenses and harmony( not only for power attack and ego). that is why rainbow equipment is created for them.

20 minutes ago, Ady6 said:

Yeah sure, it all boils down to what playstyle you choose to have. But I'm looking at the numbers from equipment in a vacuum to get an estimate as to how we should evalute their efficiency. Especially since some people seems to think that rainbow gear is overpowered, which it doesn't seem to be. Another thing to consider is that the battlesystem is still very limiting and automated, so even if you maximize every aspect of your pvp skill it still won't matter if you're paired against people 10 levels above or below cuz you'd still loose. Or when RNGesus decides your opponent is his successor and gives him 5 crits in a row. But I like to analyze numbers, so I do it anyways :)

My point is that maximiziing everything numberwise might not be the winning option anymore. Each opponent you fight now may require it's own strategy.

13 minutes ago, Daniele said:

Before, when fights were mostly decided on the first girl you were forced to use a girl from your class as alpha. That has changed now that fights last longer and beta and omega girls come more into play. Why not use a well rounded HC girl like bunny as your alpha. And use the girl of your class as a beta or omega. Don't give up. you'll find out what works for you. Good luck

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

you know, I do not want to say anything because you probably feel sorry for the creators, but you created a new account 13 minutes ago. because it is visible at your post. and do you want to block your new account?

--- Edit by Mod ---
I muted the account you replied to pending further notice by Kinkoid, which will most likely lead to a ban.
So I took the liberty to remove the quote.

~Chthugha

How has this Update affected me?

I now use a more diverse battle team. I have 1 girl from each specialty. But I also have to take into account who needs affection and XP and I have just dumped millions into my secondary and tertiary stats. 

I am still able to win about 2/3 battles in the arena. ( I am Charm and I typically lose to Knowhow)

I have taken an interest in girls other than charm and now that their stats are important I am upgrading them.

Overall I like this update. I can successfully calculate my stats I think the Devs made it easier to do so based on what we see in the Market window. I can successfully calculate the Battle stats from the battle screen, but with everything happening during a battle It is hard to follow. 

Correct me if I am wrong,

• When I Wild Burst (Hardcore) it shows on the opponent side during my current attack
  • When I Narcissism (Charm) It shows on my side during my opponents next attack
  • When I Reassurance (Knowhow) It shows on my side during my next attack
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

Try  max all statistics, using the rainbow equipment and all the charm girls.
it will help you a lot :)

charm players need to focus on defenses and harmony( not only for power attack and ego). that is why rainbow equipment is created for them.

I always keep all my stats at max. Still not sure about rainbow equiment, but probably you're right. Still testing for now.

But what do you mean with "all the charm girls"? Fight with 3 charm girls is a suicide.

Lol. An account specially made to be banned. I hope it's not your 7th personality. I'm gonna miss some of the others.:D

--- Edit by Mod ---
I muted the account you replied to pending further notice by Kinkoid, which will most likely lead to a ban.
So I took the liberty to remove the quote.

~Chthugha

Edited by dirty harry

Just now, Daniele said:

I always keep all my stats at max. Still not sure about rainbow equiment, but probably you're right. Still testing for now.

But what do you mean with "all the charm girls"? Fight with 3 charm girls is a suicide.

If you have 3 girls of charm and rainbow gear, you will cause every 2 attacks (rainbow gear-harmony) to cause 50% more defence. and thanks to the fact that you have a lot of defenses (rainbow gear- all stats), you limit the opponent's attacks by 70%. test it

8 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

My point is that maximiziing everything numberwise might not be the winning option anymore. Each opponent you fight now may require it's own strategy.

Before, when fights were mostly decided on the first girl you were forced to use a girl from your class as alpha. That has changed now that fights last longer and beta and omega girls come more into play. Why not use a well rounded HC girl like bunny as your alpha. And use the girl of your class as a beta or omega. Don't give up. you'll find out what works for you. Good luck

Keep playing, have fun, play nice:P

I don't think it would work. Do you know the formula for Attack? Alpha is everything, she MUST be a charm girl.

Anyway, i don't give up at all :P. Actually i like this patch, too bad it creates those problems only for one Class.

By the way, maybe it's just me, but the tool tips on the market stat upgrades strike me as slightly misleading, in that they're saying "Defense +1" for the secondary and tertiary stat upgrades, but of course it's really just Defense +0.5 because the stat value gets halved in calculating defense.

Edited by shalalin

1 hour ago, Ady6 said:

Started filming my battles to analyze how things work out, and now I have a recording of my opponent triggering narcissism without any charm girls on his team. Why is this happening?

I too am witnessing this behavior. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JessieChan said:

Hello, all.

Thank you for all of your comments.

Today we applied our latest changes in the pvp system. Although we see that it appears to be less balanced than before, we can reassure you, that it's not the case. Why? So, if you were used to using the same items, now this will change and you will have to adapt to new ways of using your items. 

The changes done are part of a big plan for improving our game.

If the current changes bring issues, be sure that we are going to work and improve. Yet, please, understand that before taking any actions we need to gather data, enough to have a clear idea.

We are happy to see that you are active, yet, we would like that you wait for our official FAQ before you state your own calculations, for sometimes they can be a bit wrong and maybe harm other players. We are going to prepare the FAQ shortly.

This is weird. 

You are practically saying that the system is "more balanced than before", yet in the next sentence it becomes "we need to gather data to have a clear idea if the current changes bring issues"?

Really, has this system even been properly tested before the release? O.o

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ady6 said:

Rainbow items at my level gives roughly 500 to each stat, except harmony which i slightly higher (~700).
So I get:
500 main, which translates to 500 atk power and 5000 ego
500 second, which is 500 defense and 2000 ego
500 tertiary, 500 defense and 250 harmony
500 ego
700 harmony
In summary, 500 atk, 7500 ego, 500 allround defense and 950 harmony

Epic equiments gives around 1000 mainstat, ergo 1000 atk power and 10000 ego

Legendary main stat gives 1500 mainstat, ergo 1500 atk power and 15000 ego

Equipping a rainbow for an epic thusly gives this:
-500 atk
-2500 ego
+500 defense
+950 harmony
Essentially 500 atk and 500 defense is the same thing, seen from a vacuum, so they negat each other. Thusly the difference between epics and rainbows is harmony over ego (and in turn rainbow is slightly better for charm and mainstat epics is slightly better for KH and HC from a crit perspective.
A legendary on the other hand gives an additional 500 atk and 5000 ego, and should thusly be considered a more safe bet than rainbows and more powerful to boot (this might mean that KH and HC has edge over charm in the long run).

So legendary mainstat > rainbow >/= epic mainstat

Someone correct me if my math is wrong or if I've gotten some info wrong.

Legend rainbow vs epic single stat

We seems to be similar level. I will extend it further.

Let us assume HC vs HC and replacing all 6 items.

Atk from 15000 to 12000

Ego from 105K to 90K

Defence from 4 to 7K

Harm from 2000 sans boosters to 3000

Rough numbers because I am old and don't care to whip out the calculator or use a spreedsheet.

If HC fights HC the rainbow guy gets 30% crit and the legend items gets 20%

At a 50% bonus, attack is 16500 to 13800

putting in defense chances

legend guy get 9500 to 9800 for rainbow guy

This is a very simplified and artificial look at the system of course, one would go mad considering all the iterations.

However it would seem the extra ego from the epic single stat would beat out all legends and everything else cancels out.

Crits

Again this is all rough and dirty, it's just a game and you female dogs ain't paying me.

As for the attack stats for me, the 10K from healing with knowhow beats out the 7000 in extra damage from HC by a bit.

As for charm, doubling defense at first look seems weak but if you look at the above as going rainbow does something similar, not so bad. 16500 vs a defense of 8K is 8K in damage. 10K hit vs 8K defense is only 2K in damage. 16.5K vs 4K in damage is 12.5K in damage. 10 to 4 does 6K in damage.  A doubling of defense almost negates a normal attack. If both get the bonus, the HC does 8K in damage and the charm does 6K, not a huge difference. If one side or the other gets the bonus, it's an extra 6K in damage for HC and minus 4K for the charm. Considering Charm has the better girls unless you have legend girl, and double plus so considering that charm can have a better Alpha girl and put HC or KH as beta and omega it isn't exactly the game breaker people are making it out to be.

I suppose my Alpha should stay the same but it might be worth considering KH for my Beta and Omega once I can get them leveled up. I am in no rush tough.

They announced they would be chancing the second and third stats to make them more important so I've been blowing tons of money on maxing on three stat in the market, it takes about 1/3 of my income but now everything is coming up Millhouse!

It would be nice to see some extra money in the system considering the cost of upping three stats instead of 1 is significant, it slows down leveling girls by quite a bit. But meh, we are play in the same mud.

• Like 1

So the narcissism/reassurance with no girls with that specialty is clearly a bug. When watching the video where it happened I noticed that narcissism popped up, but instead of blocking anything the opponent got a heal instead. So it was in fact a reassurance, only named narcissism. So I figured it was all good.

Then this happened: Had a fight where my crit was 45% and opponents 5%. Everytime i critted, his crit activated too, even on my turns. I critted a total of 4 times that match, and my opponent 5 whereof 2 of them was when I was attacking and not him. I lost that match since he got 2 free heals out of nowhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ady6 said:

So the narcissism/reassurance with no girls with that specialty is clearly a bug. When watching the video where it happened I noticed that narcissism popped up, but instead of blocking anything the opponent got a heal instead. So it was in fact a reassurance, only named narcissism. So I figured it was all good.

Then this happened: Had a fight where my crit was 45% and opponents 5%. Everytime i critted, his crit activated too, even on my turns. I critted a total of 4 times that match, and my opponent 5 whereof 2 of them was when I was attacking and not him. I lost that match since he got 2 free heals out of nowhere.

Good to hear the first. Worrying to hear the second.

2 hours ago, PlusIon said:

I am still able to win about 2/3 battles in the arena. ( I am Charm and I typically lose to Knowhow)

I'm doing even better than that: about 3/4. You might be, too; you might want to keep careful count. Since the patch, I'm 11-4, and I'll be tracking that until I get bored.

For the record: I'm charm, currently using three charm girls: Abrael, Princess Noemy, Kalissa. I'm doing basically what I did pre-patch - using a main stat alpha, a decent beta, and an omega who needs to level up. (I maxed Levitya and Captain Haremverse this way, although I boosted Cap a bit with XP items beforehand.) Abrael's 5*, Noemy's 4*, Kalissa's 3*. I'm level 174 at the moment, charm boosted to about 11200, other stats around 1200. Whenever I lose, I boost charm by 10 points.

Every so often, I intend to post my W-L record, probably in the chit-chat thread. I'll try to stick to this strategy for science, unless the losses get ridiculously bad.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, seen it discussed a lot but no one seemed to know how the crit chance of harmony works. Harmony stat works with a 50% crit chance cap between both players. So if you add up both players crit chance it will equal 50%. How much crit chance a player has out of 50% is decided by harmony. Basically its going to be a war for that 50% crit chance. For example my harmony is 2,515 and edwarda's is 481 at lv 100. So to work out our crit chance you'd add both players harmony together(2,996) divide each players harmony by the total so 2515/2996=0.83945 for mine and 481/2996=0.1605 for edwardas. Divide both again by 50% (x0.5) since crit has a 50% cap 0.83945x0.5=0.4197 or 41.97% crit for me and 0.1605x.05=0.08025 or 8.03% crit chance for edwarda.

Say I fight an opponent who has twice my harmony at 5,030 mine still being 2515. My crit chance in this battle will only be 16.67% instead of 48% like last battle. My opponent would claim 33.33 of the 50% crit chance. This system is going to make it pretty hard to decide just how much harmony vs main stat you should gear for and probably be class specific.

21 minutes ago, Oliver66 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, seen it discussed a lot but no one seemed to know how the crit chance of harmony works. Harmony stat works with a 50% crit chance cap between both players. So if you add up both players crit chance it will equal 50%. How much crit chance a player has out of 50% is decided by harmony. Basically its going to be a war for that 50% crit chance. For example my harmony is 2,515 and edwarda's is 481 at lv 100. So to work out our crit chance you'd add both players harmony together(2,996) divide each players harmony by the total so 2515/2996=0.83945 for mine and 481/2996=0.1605 for edwardas. Divide both again by 50% (x0.5) since crit has a 50% cap 0.83945x0.5=0.4197 or 41.97% crit for me and 0.1605x.05=0.08025 or 8.03% crit chance for edwarda.

Say I fight an opponent who has twice my harmony at 5,030 mine still being 2515. My crit chance in this battle will only be 16.67% instead of 48% like last battle. My opponent would claim 33.33 of the 50% crit chance. This system is going to make it pretty hard to decide just how much harmony vs main stat you should gear for and probably be class specific.

7 hours ago, Chthugha said:

okay, so your harmony can be calculated by adding two stats:
direct harmony given by equipment + 0.5 * your weakness stat (for know-how that is hardcore, for charm that is know-how and for hardcore it is charm).

then in battle you compare your harmony with your opponent's harmony.
if you have A harmony and your opponent has B harmony, then together you have A+B harmony.
you will get a percentage of A/(A+B) x 50% and your opponent will get B/(A+B) x 50% in battle.
those percentages will be your chance of activating a special move.

so in an example:
you have 800 harmony, your opponent has 750 harmony.
the combined harmony is 1550.
you will get 800/1550 x 50% = 25.81%
your opponent will get 750/1550 x 50% = 24.19%

so when your harmony is way higher than your opponent, then you will have a higher percentage of doing special moves.

the more the better,  you need to find the best way out, but it's always better to have "more" than your opponent's 

Edited by fap.titans.gra

Well, looks like going with a balanced character is now paying off! And the +40k extra endurance points I got are very welcome too.

As for my battle results, I can't really say much because everything has worked on my favor. I'm Know-How and have a natural advantage over Charm players, of which I've had a lot. Couple that with the Hardcore judge that almost never does charm moves, and I've managed to win most of the fights I've gone through so far.

From my experiences post-patch, charm is in big trouble.

I'm still winning most of my matches, but I'm also powerfully geared, have strong girls, and am maxed in all stats.  I win because many of my opponents just have garbage stats or are well below my level.  I still occasionally lose to a much weaker opponent due to RNG randomness.

The big change has been with opponents whose statistics are pretty even with me, who are more powerful than me, or who seriously out-level me.  Pre-patch, I would win something like 25-50% of matches against these opponents (HC and KH combined), with obviously a higher win rate against HC.  Post-patch, I have had 23 matches (so far) against HC/KH opponents who I consider to be on par or stronger than me, statistically.  I have won ZERO of these matches.