EASTER REVIVAL - HAVE WE OVERCOOKED THE EVENT THING?

Adrian'smole

7 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

If the aim of the game and HH's business model is to manipulate us into buying kobans, then none of what I have written will cut any ice with them and we will be stuck with the unwieldy system as it has become.

That's pretty much the plan. The goal with a lot of these F2P games is never to have it where you're caught up to all the content, it always wants you struggling to stay on top of everything as to compel you to spend so you can catch up. Seeing how many girls I've missed in the entirety of HH's existence, I'm in no way interested in spending a dime to catch up. The unbelievable amount of girls still waiting to be collected is honestly insurmountable. 

even more so when they don't even drop for you. Hard to catch up with girls when you don't get the event girls even when spending thousands of kobans. Hard to catch up with boss girls when you never get them to drop for you. Yes, very hard to catch up at all with a game that doesn't drop girls. The only ones you usually get are the ones GIVEN 100% to you for playing. world girls, event completion girls, 10x epic girls. Sadly for many the only way to actually get the girls to drop is the ones that are 100% given to you lol. 3 days left there old game, then bye bye customer. Already 300 or so battle with Gruntt, zilch again.

I don't have a horse in this race as I avoid events but...

If they are going to "fix" things the easiest way to do it would be to reduce the 2 week events to 1 week and double the drop rate for those events.

The dynamic of getting extra girls is the same.

The need to buy kobans is the same if you don't get them naturally.

It allows double the time for pounding the highest boss level for more of that fat bank.

It should be easy to program.

It will also reduce that year round boxing sale feel of the game.

However I suspect if they ever did this they would adjust the drop rate but not change it [???] like with the legendary girl and piss everyone off.

• Sad 1

As someone who plays this game fundamentally to unlock content, I have a really hard time sympathizing with anyone who is unhappy because there's too much content.

(I'm more sympathetic to concerns that the resources to unlock that content aren't coming fast enough. But that's an argument in favor of increasing the resources, not decreasing the event frequency.)

• Like 2

Something that bothers me is I see a very cynical outlook on this game, not that I'm denying that might be how the devs view us as they aren't doing anything to disprove it currently.  But I don't agree with the notion of 'you're just a wallet for them to milk dry and not care about.'

See there are plenty of Gatcha style games that are generous with what they give you.  A good game of this nature balances giving out content and giving incentive to pay for content.  That being said, we are not currently at that balance.  I don't want to go too far into this because this thread is more about weighing the pros and cons of doing events, but I will say what I do think these events are doing right.

For new players or those that missed it, we are given a chance to get the girls we missed a year ago.  For older players, they are given a chance to win legendary affection items off bosses that aren't dropping event girls.  This is a case of rewarding new and old players, and something we don't see enough of a balance in.

And as it's been mentioned, it could be made so bosses will raise up to at least be equal to the player level, giving more incentive for players to boost their level, and then we wouldn't have to miss out on event girls because we want to prioritize money.

And last but not least, they should be publishing the drop rate percentage.  Almost every game now that has a loot box or gatcha system is required BY LAW to show drop rates.  I'm just saying it might be smart to start publishing those now.  The devs argue that seeing the really really low drop rates would just upset us.  I say their lack of transparency upsets us more and they just don't want to loose their ability to do stealth changes.  If we could see the drop rates for these events, we'd be able to make better informed choices, I know it's been said in the past, and I'm repeating it here.

I stopped doing events months ago. It's not sustainable. Girls drop faster than I have the chance to max their affection. Now some may say the drop rate is ridiculous, but you're guaranteed a girl per month and I cannot sustain that. So I focused on getting cash and maxing all the girl's affection points. I've made good progress, but I'm still, like, 150.000 affection points short.

When they made the change to the battles, where you could earn affection by winning and I saw the numbers, that basically felt like a bad joke. You get 4 affection points per win. Four. Yeah,... it might as well be zero if you need tens of thousands of affection points per girl.

11 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

And last but not least, they should be publishing the drop rate percentage.  Almost every game now that has a loot box or gatcha system is required BY LAW to show drop rates.  I'm just saying it might be smart to start publishing those now.  The devs argue that seeing the really really low drop rates would just upset us.  I say their lack of transparency upsets us more and they just don't want to loose their ability to do stealth changes.  If we could see the drop rates for these events, we'd be able to make better informed choices, I know it's been said in the past, and I'm repeating it here.

This would only count for pachinko, and then it's still not illegal in many countries. For example the Netherlands, where I live, it's only illegal when the items you get can also be sold to other players. That's not the case in this game.
Anyway, that's also not the drop rate people (including you) are after. They want to know the drop rate of girls dropping when fighting bosses. That's a whole different mechanism (loot drop vs loot box).

Personally I want all drops rates to be displayed.  Normal girls, event girls, pachinco girls for single pulls, exact odds of getting an event girl/pachinco girl/regular girl from 10x pachinco.  Full drop rates for everything.  But I do understand the point you are making about if it's illegal or not, but it IS increasing that many games will show drop odds weather they have to or not, as a show of good faith and transparency to their players.  Sadly though, this is a discussion for a whole other thread, the only relivence here it has is knowing the odds of an even girl drop from a boss would help players decide if they wanna try for said girl or not. 

Personally I usually get them without fail so I always go for them. I got Rabi after like 37 battles.  Hari I"m still working on, up to like 50 I think.

30 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Personally I want all drops rates to be displayed.  Normal girls, event girls, pachinco girls for single pulls, exact odds of getting an event girl/pachinco girl/regular girl from 10x pachinco.  Full drop rates for everything. 

I agree, personally I like to be told a percentage and not a "has been adjusted" that may or may not be true to my way of deciding whether to spend time and resources on the drop or other things

On 23/04/2018 at 3:59 PM, Adrian'smole said:

This will be the first event (revival or otherwise) where I will not be taking part.  I am not going back to Dark Lord or Gruntt - with the major loss of income this involves - to try for girls that don't interest my sense of aesthetics.  While I think Hari is pretty and cute, I find her less so in her Easter version than in her Winter Chill version, and I've never followed that cougar MILF.

I'm on the cusp of completing Princess Noemy's final upgrade in my two oldest know-how accounts and this time I will not be swayed.  I still have Samane's final upgrade to complete, too.

I'm finding so many events in quick succession a real curse and they have distracted me from maintaining my much-neglected harems in all my accounts.  I'm paying for such neglect in my hardcore accounts where I had focused too much on trying for girls rather than upgrading my harems and properly equipping them for battle.  I'm not competitive in PvP and my HC girls are not up to the mark (not having Levitya and the original Justine in both harems is a huge handicap).  My equipment is garbage too and I've found nothing in the market so far that would meet my needs.  So I'm at a hiatus until something drastically improves.  Therefore, it's battling Bremen, Finalmecia or that new tentacled creature that will be my focus in all accounts.

So... I wonder if other members share my rather jaundiced views and whether any of you also plan to effectively boycott this revival.  I somehow doubt there will be many of us, especially those, like me in three accounts, who have only this new world in which to claim regular random drops.  The addiction to getting girls is probably pretty strong and I may be tempted to have a go.  Tie me to the bed and beat me if I do so!  Oooh, did that come out right!?

How about actually paying money to speed up the upgrading process?  These people need to make money too you know. 

3 hours ago, Sinner said:

I stopped doing events months ago. It's not sustainable. Girls drop faster than I have the chance to max their affection. Now some may say the drop rate is ridiculous, but you're guaranteed a girl per month and I cannot sustain that. So I focused on getting cash and maxing all the girl's affection points. I've made good progress, but I'm still, like, 150.000 affection points short.

When they made the change to the battles, where you could earn affection by winning and I saw the numbers, that basically felt like a bad joke. You get 4 affection points per win. Four. Yeah,... it might as well be zero if you need tens of thousands of affection points per girl.

I know right!  Getting a measly 4 AF points is insignificant.  But then again, that's the whole point; this would now make you consider paying for Kobans to speed up the process. 

40 minutes ago, tigercock said:

How about actually paying money to speed up the upgrading process?  These people need to make money too you know. 

No, I take the free game thing literally.  Maybe I'll spend real money down the track a bit when I have money to spare, but this will be for Epic Pachincko, as I do appreciate the commercial aspect to the game and the fact that they have to pay staff, fund depreciation on capital and development, etc.  I do feel a bit guilty about it sometimes.

However, the only way one can actually spend real money to buy to huge quanities of gifts required for 5 star upgrades of later additions to my harem is to manually recharge combativity often and earn money more often by beating the highest troll.  Otherwise we could buy kobans to use when the girls are on their upgrade button.  I'm going along this route to upgrade Samane and foregoing Epic Pachinko to do so as it will cost me 6000 kobans.

I'd probably join the Patreon route, if they could accept such an iconoclast into their ranks... lol.  This would be a way for me to support HH upfront without being hooked into the evolving loot box type encouragement.  If we are being progressively and subtly manipulated into spending money I take a dim view of this.

I'm one of those lucky people who do not have an addictive personality, although I came dangerously close to getting hooked in my hardcore accounts when trying for Levitya (in vain as it turned out).  Ironically I got her in all my know-how accounts without even trying and I spent no kobans to do so!  This is perverse luck personified because she has little value for know-how players, except as eye candy and I can take her or leave her in this regard.

I say I want to support HH upfront because, despite some gripes I have, I think the game is one of the best and they deserve to be supported.  HH try things and take risks, and they are pretty generous too, overall, compared with other games I could name.  Some of their tryouts pay off and some don't.  Some aspects require considerable suspension of disbelief (such as the often lame storyline), but even this can come off when humour is factored in - some of it is outrageously laugh-out-loud funny, maybe by accident or design.  I don't know, but it works for me.  In this regard, I have found Hamelin Town the most amusing world with that Ziggy Stardust/Wile E Coyote character a just vivtim of great slapstick (and chinpo stick!).

I happen to think that the frequency of events is too great and that we need a breather some time to do the things like upgrading our harems, but then we have a free choice and I have chosen to bypass this event and miss out on more girls; others don't share this route.  I have 68 girls in this account and that's plenty, although this is pretty average compared with what some others have at my level.  From Christmas, I lost my way and my disciplined plan to manage my harem and battle-readiness because I was one-track minded in participating in the events in order to get new girls.  I don't quibble about this as I did really well and have some great and sexy additions, but not for this one, I'm afraid.

Others like you don't agree with me and that's absolutely fine.

Right now I'm quite keen on trying for that trio of weird creatures from Heroes University.  Despite being mutants (one some kind of frog but with fantastic boobs and the other possibly  related to Mala - only Noomye seems remotely normal) they are quite cute and interesting, and they seem to offer pretty good stats in their respective classes.  They foretell an interesting trip through this world if they are fellow students at this university!

In my know-how games I'd love to get Noomye, and Venam for hardcore.  So far I've had no luck in getting them, but I'm trying in earnest now that I've finally completed Princess Noemy's 5th star upgrade.  In the short time this event has been running I managed to go from 1.9m to 7.8m in the bank in order to upgrade Noemy.  This would not have happened if I'd taken part in this event.  To do it I had to battle Finalmecia and forego any chance of getting girls as I have all three of hers.  However, as I hinted earlier, now that I've got there I might just have a try for Rabbi so she can fight with her other version in my harem as to who is the best babe.  Maybe if I'm lucky enough to get her relatively quickly I might just swallow my pride and battle Dark Lord for Hari so she can do the same with her Snowboard version.

I may be out of luck, however, because I think the drop rate has been tinkered with again.  I haven't had a single girl drop apart from Miss Spook in any of my accounts since right at the end of the Super Girlzz event.  This is not normal for me, but shows the kind of extreme patchiness in luck I've experienced from event to event.  The last prolonged drought for me was after the last major system update in February and this seems the same.  There were a lot of other complaints from members at that time.

I know I tend to go back and forth, praising and complaining about the game designers. Well, time to praise again. I started playing a few months after last year's Easter event, so I missed out on it. And since I tend to rate an event's quality by whether or not I'm able to get the boss girl drops: nothing but praise for the Easter event.

I will admit, there are some things about the game I'd still like to see changed, BUT, there are a lot less of those than there were a year ago. And I will also admit that in-game money isn't as big a sticking point as it was for me, in part because I mostly skipped the hero-themed event when it seemed drop rates weren't going to be in my favor that time.  But that was partially also because the girls in that event didn't appeal to me all that much.

I can certainly understand lack of interest in pursuing girls from low money bosses. But I assume that is done to lure in newer players, some who may be willing to pay real money. And since I have no plans to pay, I can't really be mad at that.

So no, I didn't sit this event out. But, depending on whether the girls in future events appeal to me, or if I already have them, or if drop rates seem unusually low, I can certainly see myself sitting out some future events to focus on earning money for affection maxing.  That no longer seems such an impossible dream, now that I know how to earn money and where to focus spending. And I am definitely not falling for the "legendary girl" scam again. That I'd sit out without hesitation.

And if it matters, I only have ONE account. The idea of going through all this trouble for multiple accounts is beyond me. I'm sure my frustration levels would be through the roof then. But, if I was so enthusiastic about a game as to have multiple accounts, I'd probably also be enthusiastic enough to support it with money. So I find the idea of a person with enough devotion to have multiple accounts, but not enough to be willing to pay at least a little, somewhat odd. That's just me, though. I'm not suggesting that anyone with multiple accounts should pay. On the other hand, I imagine if there are enough people with multiple accounts, that probably isn't helping.  But if you don't like the way the game is, why would you maintain multiple accounts, anyway? Wouldn't the obvious solution be to abandon some of those accounts and decrease your frustration in the process?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GarfEild said:

I know I tend to go back and forth, praising and complaining about the game designers. Well, time to praise again. I started playing a few months after last year's Easter event, so I missed out on it. And since I tend to rate an event's quality by whether or not I'm able to get the boss girl drops: nothing but praise for the Easter event.

I will admit, there are some things about the game I'd still like to see changed, BUT, there are a lot less of those than there were a year ago. And I will also admit that in-game money isn't as big a sticking point as it was for me, in part because I mostly skipped the hero-themed event when it seemed drop rates weren't going to be in my favor that time.  But that was partially also because the girls in that event didn't appeal to me all that much.

I can certainly understand lack of interest in pursuing girls from low money bosses. But I assume that is done to lure in newer players, some who may be willing to pay real money. And since I have no plans to pay, I can't really be mad at that.

So no, I didn't sit this event out. But, depending on whether the girls in future events appeal to me, or if I already have them, or if drop rates seem unusually low, I can certainly see myself sitting out some future events to focus on earning money for affection maxing.  That no longer seems such an impossible dream, now that I know how to earn money and where to focus spending. And I am definitely not falling for the "legendary girl" scam again. That I'd sit out without hesitation.

And if it matters, I only have ONE account. The idea of going through all this trouble for multiple accounts is beyond me. I'm sure my frustration levels would be through the roof then. But, if I was so enthusiastic about a game as to have multiple accounts, I'd probably also be enthusiastic enough to support it with money. So I find the idea of a person with enough devotion to have multiple accounts, but not enough to be willing to pay at least a little, somewhat odd. That's just me, though. I'm not suggesting that anyone with multiple accounts should pay. On the other hand, I imagine if there are enough people with multiple accounts, that probably isn't helping.  But if you don't like the way the game is, why would you maintain multiple accounts, anyway? Wouldn't the obvious solution be to abandon some of those accounts and decrease your frustration in the process?

My perspective is from someone who plays the free game.  I've been where you are.  For this event, although I don't have these girls I decided to bypass it.  My choice... And this has riled up people that I chose to post this intention.

Yes, having only one account IS a big factor and I can fully understand why you might want to get more girls.  I had exactly the same attitude.  If you have more than one email address you can have more than one account (a handy tip: DON'T forget your password!!).  Planning to have a second account could be useful to time when to start it based on the upcoming event notifications in your current game.  This is handy to know so you have a chance to complete the minimum of 12 daily event missions to get this reward.  You don't need to unlock your first world troll (Dark Lord) to be able to access the activities screen (missions and contests).  HH have also introduced the handy option of being able to change your class (the first time for free).

I have multiple accounts and can afford to be picky.  I started off being quite content with three, but took over the three accounts of the two women in this household who unsurprisingly were underwhelmed by the women-as-sex-objects aspect to the game.  It is porn after all and porn aimed at men (although some females do play it).  The females in my home became more and more curious when they heard my: "Woohoo!!  YESSSS!' whenever a girl dropped.  That menacing dark silhouette of the girl descending into place gets to me every time and I can never tire of it!  As I'm a fairly quiet dude usually, this change in personality piqued their interest so they gave the game a try only to be disappointed from their perspective (which is that of two feminists!).  I didn't want to let three good games go to waste and they gave me their email addresses and passwords to them.

Across all accounts I have 90 different girls now.  I can also compare across accounts and there have been some odd things that have happened to (for example) drop rate where I can confidently say things ARE altered from time to time as the drought or golden run applies across ALL my accounts when the changes to my luck happen.  If things were truly random this would not be the case.  For me, it's been a universal drought (apart from one girl dropping) since the end of the Super Girlzz event and that girl dropped straight after the event ended.

I also have two classes to compare and there is a stark difference between my know-how and hardcore accounts in terms of battle competitiveness.  Generally, in the arena, I'm doing okay to well in know-how but absolutely terribly in hardcore.  It was my need to do something about my hardcore accounts and upgrade and level up my harem that clinched my decision to bypass this event.  Plus I was very close to being able to upgrade Princess Noemy to her 5th star for my know-how accounts.  If I'd taken part in the event this would've been impossible because of the low payout rate of Dark Lord (unless I bought kobans to do it as one person sarcastically suggested I should).  I also expect a May event on the heels of this one so it's save-up-kobans time to play Epic Pachinko.  In terms of koban accumulation, these events are a bonus and this is not to be ignored.  In the Sexy Calendar event announcement, HH stated their plan to have an event every month (some revivals and some new), but they've been more frequent than this.

For me, in know-how, Noemy's know-how stats are really good and she adds a lot of charm factor to the mix, of course.  Other players have done the same (for example Samane used as beta in hardcore teams) and this has proven pretty good for them as Noemy has been for me (until I can complete Samane's final upgrade, that is).

I've been able to sniff out responses and they have been varied, as one might expect.  Some people agree with me, others are very opposed, but I thank everyone for not making any personal attacks.  The discussion has been frank but clean.  I haven't really got a debate going as I had hoped which suggests to me that most players who commented (or haven't bothered) are quite happy with the system as it is... and that's perfectly okay by me. Compare the responses to the 51 pages of mostly vitriol for the Legendary Days discussion.  That sure got people's wheels spinning!

Believe it or not, I'm like you and I really like the game overall, but there are things and trends I'm not so keen on.

Paying money doesn't do any good. I don't have enough time fighting the trolls as it is. Paying so I can fight against the trolls more is a waste. Kobans are for epic pachinko, every other use is a waste of resources. I don't like wasting resources.

• Like 1

So now that I have both girls and back to Breman I noticed, the non girl bosses are not dropping legnedary affection items, they aren't in the pull lineup.  That was the one thing to reward veteran players that didn't need these girls, and they took it away.

2 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

So now that I have both girls and back to Breman I noticed, the non girl bosses are not dropping legnedary affection items, they aren't in the pull lineup.  That was the one thing to reward veteran players that didn't need these girls, and they took it away.

I really hope it comes back.

On 26/04/2018 at 5:38 PM, trunks2585 said:

I noticed that too.  Although the legendary gift items seemed to drop almost as rarely as event girls, they DID drop and they proved really handy in one instance when I was able to complete the gift giving for a final upgrade using legendary knickers.  I really did think this was going to become a permanent feature, but no, it seems.

il y a 13 minutes, Adrian'smole a dit :

I noticed that too.  Although the legendary gift items seemed to drop almost as rarely as event girls, they DID drop and they proved really handy in one instance when I was able to complete the gift giving for a final upgrade using legendary knickers.  I really did think this was going to become a permanent feature, but no, it seems.

It should be, Adrian's Mole, it's just that it was not possible to implement it this month for 'technical reasons', as explained on the french speaking part of the forum.  

Legendary knickers will be back next month! :x

When I said I'd make some tentative tries for the sisters, I have done.  I've been doing 5 out of the 20 battles each session (mostly for Rabbi) and I'm sorry to have to tell all you guys who are still slogging away for no success that Rabbi has dropped for me (twice!).  You can strangle me now! I... I know. I didn't deserve her.  To rub it in even more, I had Regine drop from him in another account.

No luck against Dark Lord in other accounts (no surprise there since I'm certain he hates me!).

The big prize for me, though, has been my battles against Roko Sensei.  Not only am I levelling him/her up quite progressively, but Venam dropped in another account.  I've got her to her second star already and she's one weird but super gorgeous creature.  Also, my suspicion that she's Mala's sister has been confirmed.  I won't spoil it, but for those yet to get her, there's some really outrageous and unusual humour in her second affection scene.  This has been a trend in the overall development of the script and artwork for this game, and it is welcome.

A pattern and truism has been confirmed for me since I tried so hard in my HC accounts for Levitya with no success, but she dropped in each of my know-how accounts quite early on without me even trying.  It is this:  because the drops are according to a random number generator the number of times you try doesn't really matter that much.  If the luck is with you, they'll drop; if it's against you no amount of praying or buying kobans for combativity refills will work.  The only thing I can say is that, while it is all random, the RNG drop probability can be adjusted and it is, even during an event.  I'm now almost certain this was the case three days into the Super Girlzz event.

This is why I (mostly) chose to bypass this event revival.  I figured my chances would be better in trying for the higher trolls' girls - and earning a lot more money in the process.  It's sort of paying off, but watch this space.