Girl Rarity

shepwgu

i hope the differences in stats will not be too huge. a 5 star common girl should be able to compete with a 3 star epic or 2 star legendary if you ask me. and i also hope the influence of girls to the overall hero stats doesn't rise compared to now. so non-whales still have a chance for good pvp results if playing well.

luckily i have easter bunny but sadly that means my 2 legendary girls are both hardcore while i'm knowhow :-( but levitya might be a top beta... we'll see.

i also have loving virginia so at least one kickass girl. all hopes go to the next anniversary now... saving kobans to spin for some more knowhow legendaries.

Edited by Habi
  • Like 2

Once again, my not caring about PvP-related issues saves me angst. Remember, I don't care if I win or lose PvP battles, I don't care about any Tower Rankings. Since *I* only care about the girl's design and looks and NOT her stats or specialties, none of the rarity changes affect me.

Mind you, I would change that tune should my suggestion for an "Event Girl (copy of) you don't have" girl drop in Arena/PvP ever be implemented, I might be motivated to change my attitude. As it is, Arena is virtually useless to me.

All that said, I suggest that each girl's specialty should be determined and set when she drops. No need to change their Numbers since each girl has a value for all three specialties, just randomize which is her Main when she drops.

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, Masters said:

Mind you, I would change that tune should my suggestion for an "Event Girl (copy of) you don't have" girl drop in Arena/PvP ever be implemented, I might be motivated to change my attitude. As it is, Arena is virtually useless to me.

All that said, I suggest that each girl's specialty should be determined and set when she drops. No need to change their Numbers since each girl has a value for all three specialties, just randomize which is her Main when she drops.

To ideas in 1 post. It would be mind blowing to have a girl drop in PvP. I love this Idea. If I battle someone who has a girl I don't have, having a chance for her to drop for me would be amazing. Bump this Idea for sure.

As for randomizing the girls specialty, I am not a big fan of this. I keep track of each girl and this would triple the database. Also how upset would you be if you were hard core, and Levitya dropped and was assigned Charm? I would not be happy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PlusIon said:

To ideas in 1 post. It would be mind blowing to have a girl drop in PvP. I love this Idea. If I battle someone who has a girl I don't have, having a chance for her to drop for me would be amazing. Bump this Idea for sure.

Not going to happen.
They already said they don't want this at all.

16 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Not going to happen.
They already said they don't want this at all.

If enough players were to champion it, they'd have to give that a serious reconsideration. Squeaky wheel and all that. It's not as if it would be a "give away", seeing as how dreadful the various mysterious drop rates are. And just make the Arena PvP drop rate even rarer. Hell, *I* would set it at a hard 1000 PvP wins. tht would be rare enough for casual players while still being an uphill jog for those like me who're home-based enough to be available for almost every 30 minute refresh.

22 minutes ago, PlusIon said:

As for randomizing the girls specialty, I am not a big fan of this. I keep track of each girl and this would triple the database. Also how upset would you be if you were hard core, and Levitya dropped and was assigned Charm? I would not be happy.

No need for "triple database". The HH Wiki table *already* maintains the three numbers for each girl. All players would have to do is look at the column of their girls' drop-set specialties.

As for your question to me… not at all. Remember, *I* don't care about PvP which means that a girl's specialty is background noise I easily ignore. As it is, my only concern is that girls *drop*, not what their classes are.

Drop-setting certain stats is easily a way to balance out things. Girls specialties are not set upon conception, just at the point where each player obtains them. SEXUAL POSITION is another thing which could be randomized when they drop.

Edited by Masters

If I play a game it's because I like it the way it is, including some of its flaws that I resign and tolerate for the whole, but if deep changes begin it's possible that I will not like it, if the effort in climbing girls makes it have been a waste of time, if the pvp changes affect the struggles in the trolls, if ultimately it ends up not being the game that was for changes that in the end are reduced to only one thing: that people spend more money in the long run or that the game makes me feel that the effort invested has not been of any use, it is very likely that I will abandon that game and I believe that I am not the only one who thinks so.

I still remember in the WOW the complaints for the changes of Burning crusade to Lich king and the abandonment of almost half of the population since Cataclysm, which went from 12 million players to 7 million until reaching 5.5 in 2015.
Small changes are good when they fix things, big changes or you love them or hate them.
For my part V2 implies feeling cheated with the girls that I have raised and that the Pvp is definitely not of my interest, if in addition those changes I will notice them luchando against trolls at maximum level on my part I will leave the game or I will connect every 2 or 3 days in casual mode until I find another game that satisfies me

5 hours ago, Masters said:

Once again, my not caring about PvP-related issues saves me angst. Remember, I don't care if I win or lose PvP battles, I don't care about any Tower Rankings. Since *I* only care about the girl's design and looks and NOT her stats or specialties, none of the rarity changes affect me.

i dont care about my mojo, rankings, tof either. but pvp is a good additional source of xp, money, affection and kobans (when right contests are active). so i do care about a good win-ratio. having the right girls is helping here. their influence to overall stats is not that big currently and i hope it stays that way. i don't want to always loose to some whale who just pachinkos all his girls. yeah i know, life isn't fair etc blabla but competition between two different classes of players should not happen. you don't send a light weight boxer to try to compete against a heavy weight boxer either, there won't be much entertainment/satisfaction for neither of them nor for the visitors of such a fight.

Edited by Habi

5 hours ago, Masters said:

I don't have a strong opinion on PvP drops (yeah, I'd like them, since I PvP a lot, but not enough to lean on Kinkoid about it), but I feel like random specialties would kill the idea that each girl has her own personality. For Princess Agate to be HC, for example, just seems weird. Especially when we have variations on each girl. Why would Princess Agate be charm while Ninja Agate is now KH??

5 hours ago, Hollo said:

but I feel like random specialties would kill the idea that each girl has her own personality. For Princess Agate to be HC, for example, just seems weird. Especially when we have variations on each girl. Why would Princess Agate be charm while Ninja Agate is now KH??

Simple. 

They are not the same girl. The game tells us they are not because the number of your Harem goes up with each incarnation of the same girl you get. There are how many Bunnys? I have three and I can make a battle team with them. And that's not even counting the fact we go up against others with the same girls too.

Specialty equals personality? Not exactly true. People, women especially, are complex. My sister is a nurse. at any moment on her job she can be Charming to patients, show her Know How while treating them, and be Hardcore dealing with troublesome patients and during emergencies. AND this is reflected in the game by each girl having numbers for all three specialties. 

Using Bunny as the example again, one incarnation could be Hardcore while Loving Bunny exhibit her Charm while Christmas Bunny could exhibit her Know How.

Same for drop-setting Favorite Sexual Position… no one wants to do the same position ALL the TIME….

Drop-Setting these variables would eliminate grumblings that the Devs are favoring or shorting one Class of girls over any others. We can SEE the class of opposing battle teams' girls before committing to a battle, so that is not a surprise. The only thing which would be a surprise in a battle would be with opponents' drop-set sex positions, but then, so are the positions called for by the judges, so that would just make the  match outcomes even more dynamic.

Edited by Masters
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Masters said:

With the introduction of girl rarity this is not going to happen for sure. As you can see rarity is based on the way you can obtain a girl: common are all standard boss drop girls (except dark lord's), rare are all event missions/boss drop girls, epic are pachinko standard/event girls.

Event girls are rare because we can obtain them only during events, they will never introduce an event girl drop in pvp.

Edited by Daniele

19 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I already made a post about this in the spoilers from discord thread.
Shina is a know-how girl.

Thanks!  That's really cool then (not for this account, though).  If the time to release the quest in Heroes University where Shina is unlocked follows that of Plain of Rituals, I might get her by 2020! :D.  There are ten quests in Heroes University, I notice

There is, most certainly, an obvious bias against hardcore by the developers in this game and this has confirmed it (Shina should've been hardcore for any remote idea of class balance).  For those of us (like me) not lucky enough to get Levitya, the choices of world reward girls for our battle teams is stark - Bunny and Fairy, neither of whom exceed 10k attack power (cf 3 for charm and one for know-how).  Because charm dominates me in the triangle, I, and other hardcore players, are doubly disadvantaged, whereas know-how have an advantage over charm, even with the latter's much better choice of high-performing girls.  In know-how i've started to really discover this in arena battles.  Nothing to compensate (or placate) HC players though.

Do you think Chthugha you could find some answers from Kinkoid and others why they've done this?  I would be most grateful.  As you know, this issue has been bugging me for some time.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
spelling error

16 hours ago, Masters said:

If enough players were to champion it, they'd have to give that a serious reconsideration. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Remember the outrage over the reduced combat points per day and reduced pay and how no one was for it, but the devs did it anyway?  Notice how we havn't gotten feedback from the devs about the legendary girl event but they are pushing forward with another event?

Devs don't care what we say.

• Like 1

So just give up? Sure we can always leave, which is another form of giving up, but giving up means it'll never happen.

But keep repeating a request, show it is popular across the community, and best yet, get a few of the high-tier Patreons to also like it, and change just might happen.

Edited by Masters

In this case I think when the devs have given a hard 'no' and we know they aren't going to change their mind.  Yes, give up on this idea, spend your energy thinking of better solutions.  For example pvp dropping kobans as a reward, I"m sure it'd be a joke of an amount, like the exp and affection are, but it's something.

2 hours ago, Masters said:

So just give up? Sure we can always leave, which is another form of giving up, but giving up means it'll never happen.

But keep repeating a request, show it is popular across the community, and best yet, get a few of the high-tier Patreons to also like it, and change just might happen.

That's a reason why I'm considering the patreon route to provide donations, but from the perspective of being that squeaky wheel and not a 'party liner'. 

2 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

In this case I think when the devs have given a hard 'no' and we know they aren't going to change their mind.  Yes, give up on this idea, spend your energy thinking of better solutions.  For example pvp dropping kobans as a reward, I"m sure it'd be a joke of an amount, like the exp and affection are, but it's something.

A SINGLE koban would be better than 3-6 aff or XP points.  I estimate that, if I were to rely on aff points for arena wins it would be 2050 by the time I manage to upgrade Samane by this route - like building a wall one horizontal paint layer at a time.  I see your point though.  It's hardly an incentive to join arena battles.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

A SINGLE koban would be better than 3-6 aff or XP points.  I estimate that, if I were to rely on aff points for arena wins it would be 2050 by the time I manage to upgrade Samane by this route - like building a wall one horizontal paint layer at a time.  I see your point though.  It's hardly an incentive to join arena battles.

Samane from 4 to 5 stars: Three weeks in I'm 1/3 there. Time flies when you're having fun. lol

I'm done offering feedback to the devs. It's their job to provide me with a product that I'm willing to pay for. That's how the business-customer relationship works.

I don't owe them feedback about their product. It's my prerogative as the customer to tell them what I think about their product. It takes extra effort on my part and consumes my time to provide feedback about their product. If they want only feedback that massages their egos, they're doing it wrong. The bottom line on their income statement is where they need to look for ego massaging.

I, and many others, have provided them with plenty of feedback they should be listening to and offering responses for. Every idea we offer that we don't hear a response to adds to the burden this game has become. Ask yourself if you were having more fun playing this game 3 months ago. Or 6 months ago. Or 1 year ago. I was, and more importantly, I was willing to pay real-life money to play it. I haven't bought any kobans since the first patch note in February, and the devs failure to engage the forum about our concerns doesn't make me inclined to buy kobans again.

We've done our part by using their product. We've gone the extra mile that we weren't obligated to, and offered feedback to help them improve the game. Devs, if you ever read this, you know what threads I'm talking about. Ignoring your customers tells me that you are not interested in providing the product we want, and customers will not pay for products they do not want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

One koban per pvp win is too much. At that rate I would get an epic spin per week withput spending money on the game.

13 minutes ago, Ady66 said:

One koban per pvp win is too much. At that rate I would get an epic spin per week withput spending money on the game.

I was thinking the koban reward would be in the reward pool but not garenteed to drop.  Or more accuatly, see koban's awarded to those with high tower of fame rankings every week. top whatever get 500 koban payout or something. But I've also seen another comment in a different thread that made a point of saying we already have the contests that pay out to the top winners.

Regardless I decided to run a few numbers in regards to this statement for winning one koban on every fight just out of curiosity to see if this is hyperbole or not.  I'm not normally a math guy around here so feel free to correct me, and keep in mind this is going off a best case scenario.

3 fights ever half hour is what we get.  144 fights a day with no refills so 144 a day possible.

Just under 150 for doing all daily missions, it would be nearly doubling what we currently can get for free.

Now factor in sleep

Now factor in if you win all your fights

Let's go with a light sleeper schedule of 6 hours and you check your phone at work ever half hour to do your fights and you do it on time without missing any opportunities.

Now you're down to 54 fights a day, a little over a third of the daily reward missions.

And since you mentioned you'd be able to do an epic spin a week, well that's only 540 kobans.  150x7=1050 a week.  You already can do an epic spin a week just from clearly daily missions.  And that's not factoring in the koban rewards from event quests.

1 koban a fight hardly breaks the bank, and would serve as a good motivator all the same to care about pvp.  Because at the end of the day, devs can redesign and rework pvp all they want, but if there's not a good enough incentive to play it, it's a moot point.  No one here enjoys the game mechanics, we just enjoy the rewards.

39 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Samane from 4 to 5 stars: Three weeks in I'm 1/3 there. Time flies when you're having fun. lol

Is this relying on PvP alone?  If so, you must play the arena an awful lot and win every time!  I just don't know how it's possible since you get only 3 goes every 30min.  If you have managed it by pure PvP and not buying gifts then my heartiest congratulations to you.  It doesn't ring true, though.

18 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Is this relying on PvP alone?  If so, you must play the arena an awful lot and win every time!  I just don't know how it's possible since you get only 3 goes every 30min.  If you have managed it by pure PvP and not buying gifts then my heartiest congratulations to you.  It doesn't ring true, though.

Pvp alone with a dozen or two refills when I loose a couple in a row (about 20 H a day). Don't really know why I do it since I'm close to end game. I'll stop playing after plain of peril. Maybe look in once a month for the event girl (doing the bare minimum to get her), maybe not.

The reason to stop playing is simple. Once they start handing out prices for ToF there's just no winning over the veterans.

They are higher level and therefor get more xp in daily missions.

They have beaten more bosses and always will since everybody gets the same limited amount of fights.

etc. etc. etc.

Only mojo and pvp offered a small chance for ppl that started playing later. I know you can buy kobans for refills but I started play in January and guestimate it'll cost me at least several hundreds of euro's just to catch up. I'd rather use that money to go carting or skydiving.

Edited by dirty harry

Just now, dirty harry said:

Pvp alone with a dozen or two refills when I loose a couple in a row (about 20 H a day). Don't really know why I do it since I'm close to end game. I'll stop playing after plain of peril. Maybe look in once a month for the event girl (doing the bare minimum to get her), maybe not.

Well, that's a high degree of dedication!  In that case, you deserve every success. :)

• Thanks 1