Legend event May, stats collection. How many fights did it take before you got her or gave up.

Some other guy

Hello, everyone.

I am moving this topic to ''Support and Bug report'' - Feedback.
I think originally it should have stayed there.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

40 minutes ago, JessieChan said:

Hello everyone.

I will use this post to make my point here.

Let me start by saying that you're probably not going to enjoy what I will say now, but I will be honest with you because I know you deserve it, and I really hope that we can find another topic to give our attention to since this one doesn't have to grow bigger.

Drop rates topic:
> I even don't know the exact "%''
> Even if you knew the exact ''%'' it wouldn't have helped you or made you happy.
> This thread is not really going to help you figure it out.
> All I know is how the system works.
> Kinkoid doesn't really appreciate the way things are happening, that's why they are doing a lot of things, trying and working on how/when the system can evolve, this is blurry for now.
> It's not nice when you have done more than 300 battles and no girl has joined you, and you see someone having a girl after 3 fights, we know that we're not trying to hide and not understand your problems.

But, you have me here, and as long as we're acting nice towards each other, great things can happen. Because, guys, we really do work on improving the current situation.

Jessie Kinkoid

You're right that knowing the exact dropchance in percent doesn't really help us except maybe when trying to decide how many kobans we want to spend on refills. However what would actually help us and what we're also trying to figure out is "how the system works". For example, there have been persistent rumors that dropchance is affected by the number of girls you already own which I personally doubt but you never know. So could you tell us once and for all:

Is the dropchance for legendary girls just a static number that is the same for all players and doesn't change no matter what you do or is there anything that influences it in any way? 

Edited by BraumII
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JessieChan said:

Hello everyone.

I will use this post to make my point here.

Let me start by saying that you're probably not going to enjoy what I will say now, but I will be honest with you because I know you deserve it, and I really hope that we can find another topic to give our attention to since this one doesn't have to grow bigger.

Drop rates topic:
> I even don't know the exact "%''
> Even if you knew the exact ''%'' it wouldn't have helped you or made you happy.
> All I know is how the system works.
> Kinkoid doesn't really appreciate the way things are happening, that's why they are doing a lot of things, trying and working on how/when the system can evolve, this is blurry for now.
> It's not nice when you have done more than 300 battles and no girl has joined you, and you see someone having a girl after 3 fights, we know that we're not trying to hide and not understand your problems.

But, you have me here, and as long as we're acting nice towards each other, great things can happen. Because, guys, we really do work on improving the current situation.

Jessie Kinkoid

1: I never suggested you knew the exact drop rate. Someone knows the exact% but they are not telling. That is their decision, it is what it is.

1b: We still don't know the exact drop rate, I'd hazard a guess it is anywhere between 1/400 and 1/500

2: Knowing this and seeing the distribution of results, knowing how many got the girl with free fights [half] withing 900/5400 kobans [3/4] is extremely helpful and makes me very happy. When the charm girl comes out I can make an informed choice, or at least a semi informed guess on if the girl is worth going for or not. Ditto for the I assume legendary girl after her. I have a better grasp on if I should go for every legendary girl or skip them to make sure I get in class girls. This is very useful. Granted much like affection items, drop rates might change, but all things considered I can't see them going down and much like with affection items I'd assume a future change would be announced.

3: Exact drop rate, no. Some sort of idea, sure.  More of an idea than a sample size of one person. I've been getting both girls in the 300's. The sample size is small and has some biases but even a general idea is better than nothing.

3a: <Salutes the General Idea

4: Sure

5: Now this is the thing I don't understand. Nerds are going to Nerd. People are making all sorts of assumptions. That drops vary by number of girls, by paid vs free kobans, by class, this I consider at attempts to see patterns where the evidence isn't there, a very human trait. That can't be good for us or the developers. I'd figure the attempt to bring some clarity instead of wild and unbased assumptions usually negative being tossed about.

6: I'd consider an average of 700 fights to be acceptable myself. A legend girl is worth at least one if not more random 10X spins. It's when you get beyond 1200 which it has for one person and pretty close to for a few others that it becomes vexing. But yes, seeing some people get them right away is also vexing when you are at the 300+ mark. This happened last legend event though without a thread like this.

7: It is almost like you are taking this particular thread as some sort of attack. Sadly there was some complaining people people couldn't be bothered to follow a simple request in the original post to take commentary to another thread. That isn't my fault. Actually some of your comments are better placed in the general legendary event thread.

Here is my take way, speaking for myself.

I consider the drop rate to be reasonable based on the numbers we got

I think the risk of coming up empty after spending 2 10Xspins is pretty low and an acceptable risk

I'd consider coming up empty after 1800/10800 spins to be pretty crushing though

It's nice to have an idea of the drop rate of affection items. It was a good change and significantly lowers the gap between fighting a scub boss vs a high end boss.

There is perhaps too much variability in outcome. A reduced chance of drop for lower fight counts and higher for higher counts, perhaps ramping up significantly after 700 would be better. It is not unreasonable to expect to pay some of those free kobans back.

I feel much more motivated to go after the next girl and the next HC girl based on the information we gathered. At least more comfortable with it. I also know how much I want to save to get the second HC girl when she comes. If I had to go in blind to the next event, I be much more cautious.

I think these are good things and the result of the thread.

For the second time, you seem to be taking this thread more as some sort of attack instead of an attempt at understanding. Feel the love.

If I do this again, I'd love to be able to remove all non data posting but alas I can't.

2 minutes ago, BraumII said:

You're right that knowing the exact dropchance in percent doesn't really help us except maybe when trying to decide how many kobans we want to spend on refills. However what would actually help us and what we're also trying to figure out is "how the system works". For example, there have been persistent rumors that dropchance is affected by the number of girls you already own which I personally doubt but you never know. So could you tell us once and for all:

Is the dropchance for legendary girls just a static number that is the same for all players and doesn't change no matter what you do or is there anything that influences it in any way? 

It is static.

Having a good equipment, boosters on the side and upgraded girls will do you no harm, though.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

2 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

1: I never suggested you knew the exact drop rate. Someone knows the exact% but they are not telling. That is their decision, it is what it is.

Did not seem like that, but ok.

1b: We still don't know the exact drop rate, I'd hazard a guess it is anywhere between 1/400 and 1/500

Same here. Not everyone can mess up with the work of game designers.

2: Knowing this and seeing the distribution of results, knowing how many got the girl with free fights [half] withing 900/5400 kobans [3/4] is extremely helpful and makes me very happy. When the charm girl comes out I can make an informed choice, or at least a semi informed guess on if the girl is worth going for or not. Ditto for the I assume legendary girl after her. I have a better grasp on if I should go for every legendary girl or skip them to make sure I get in class girls. This is very useful. Granted much like affection items, drop rates might change, but all things considered I can't see them going down and much like with affection items I'd assume a future change would be announced.

Makes you happy, but for us, it's not exactly like that. We want more balance in this exact example. Like, what you say, is that basically, a free player received her, while a paid player spent his weekly money on the girl and didn't get her. For sure, we don't like this. But, the system is complex and it will take time to make it better.

3: Exact drop rate, no. Some sort of idea, sure.  More of an idea than a sample size of one person. I've been getting both girls in the 300's. The sample size is small and has some biases but even a general idea is better than nothing.

As far as I see, you already have an idea. 

3a: <Salutes the General Idea

4: Sure

5: Now this is the thing I don't understand. Nerds are going to Nerd. People are making all sorts of assumptions. That drops vary by number of girls, by paid vs free kobans, by class, this I consider at attempts to see patterns where the evidence isn't there, a very human trait. That can't be good for us or the developers. I'd figure the attempt to bring some clarity instead of wild and unbased assumptions usually negative being tossed about.

Answered a little bit above.

6: I'd consider an average of 700 fights to be acceptable myself. A legend girl is worth at least one if not more random 10X spins. It's when you get beyond 1200 which it has for one person and pretty close to for a few others that it becomes vexing. But yes, seeing some people get them right away is also vexing when you are at the 300+ mark. This happened last legend event though without a thread like this.

Same here.

7: It is almost like you are taking this particular thread as some sort of attack. Sadly there was some complaining people people couldn't be bothered to follow a simple request in the original post to take commentary to another thread. That isn't my fault. Actually some of your comments are better placed in the general legendary event thread.

Nope. I don't take it like that, but I would appreciate if the community can see the efforts we put here. I mean, there're games that even don't care for you. I am a player in those games, I like the game, but there's no one taking care for me or talking to me... Doesn't sound cool. We aim exactly the opposite because we want happy players. That's it.

Here is my take way, speaking for myself.

I consider the drop rate to be reasonable based on the numbers we got

I think the risk of coming up empty after spending 2 10Xspins is pretty low and an acceptable risk

I'd consider coming up empty after 1800/10800 spins to be pretty crushing though

It's nice to have an idea of the drop rate of affection items. It was a good change and significantly lowers the gap between fighting a scub boss vs a high end boss.

Agreed.

There is perhaps too much variability in outcome. A reduced chance of drop for lower fight counts and higher for higher counts, perhaps ramping up significantly after 700 would be better. It is not unreasonable to expect to pay some of those free kobans back.

I feel much more motivated to go after the next girl and the next HC girl based on the information we gathered. At least more comfortable with it. I also know how much I want to save to get the second HC girl when she comes. If I had to go in blind to the next event, I be much more cautious.

Thank you for taking the initiative here.

I think these are good things and the result of the thread.

For the second time, you seem to be taking this thread more as some sort of attack instead of an attempt at understanding. Feel the love.

If I do this again, I'd love to be able to remove all non data posting but alas I can't.

Thank you and I hope we can work together in the future. You did a nice job with this thread.

Jessie Kinkoid

8 minutes ago, JessieChan said:

It is static.

Having a good equipment, boosters on the side and upgraded girls will do you no harm, though.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

Thank you for the answer, but this seems like a bit of a mixed message on your part. So just once again to clarify: Ninja Spy at Max level has 5237 Ego. For any player of a decent level he should be extremely easy to defeat without ever suffering a loss. I dont really see that good equipment, boosters and upgraded girls would matter whatsoever once you pass the 10000-20000 Ego range unless dropchance actually scaled with combat-stats in some way, which would be the opposite of a static dropchance. So which one is it?

It can be good to have a thread like this in the futur events. At least it gives you an idea about how many peopke got the girl earlier, kobans spent, time used... and also gives hope to other players for not giving up!

Thanks for the thread and thanks for feedbacks. Have a good hunt

28 minutes ago, Seex2 said:

I spent approx. 3000 Kobans and i didn't get her !!! i don't know why ?

anyway the event is over :/ ,i am very sad i lost her this event .

You lost her forever. As well, I am. And it pisses me off. 

Why was this put in the feedback section.

This thread was not meant as feedback at all, I am sure the devs know the exact drop rate ;)

It's players helping players or to quote the tag of the general discussion area

"Share experience. Receive advice. Hentai is religion."

We are sharing experience and indirectly providing advice in this thread. It can't be more general discussion and not feedback ignoring some hijacking of the thread.

• Like 2

I disagree with these two points.

1. Figuring out a game mechanic by gathering data makes me personally happy. It may not help me much, but it certainly won't hurt me any.

2. More data is better than less data. However, other games I play use google spreadsheets to gather data, in addition to forum threads - the find it gets more results that way.

I am moving this topic to ''Support and Bug report'' - Feedback.
I think originally it should have stayed there.

It took me a while to find this thread, because it disappeared from where it was.  I wiuld never look for a data collection thread in a support and bug report subforum. Just letting you know that in moving it, you moved it to someplace that made sense to a place that made less sense.

2 hours ago, Zteev said:

I disagree with these two points.

1. Figuring out a game mechanic by gathering data makes me personally happy. It may not help me much, but it certainly won't hurt me any.

2. More data is better than less data. However, other games I play use google spreadsheets to gather data, in addition to forum threads - the find it gets more results that way.

It took me a while to find this thread, because it disappeared from where it was.  I wiuld never look for a data collection thread in a support and bug report subforum. Just letting you know that in moving it, you moved it to someplace that made sense to a place that made less sense.

The feedback board has been moved to the general discussion board.
There has been a lot of reorganizing to give things a better place, and that always leads to a bit of a chaos in the beginning.