Patch Notes 06/06/18 Discussion

This is a minor change, but undeniably a change for the worse.  I can see no benefit of the seconds being removed from the timers.  If it makes the game run smoother, it's a debatable change at best.  If it doesn't make the game run smoother, as those in the know seem to be stating, then it pointlessly makes the game less user friendly.

2 minutes ago, YoyoHH said:

This is a minor change, but undeniably a change for the worse.  I can see no benefit of the seconds being removed from the timers.  If it makes the game run smoother, it's a debatable change at best.  If it doesn't make the game run smoother, as those in the know seem to be stating, then it pointlessly makes the game less user friendly.

Well i put a idea for make a real optimitation of the server 20 minuts ago with real improbent of the work charge 

Now that I'm working the Daily Missions, I DEFINITELY do NOT care for the removal of seconds in the timers. I mean, obviously the timers have to keep track since the "Finish with Kobans" needs to track every 20 seconds for its countdown too.

Although I am gratified to see they remain in the Combativity Points timer.

Edited by Masters

Thought they were fixing the multi-tab timing issue, guess this thread gotten popular due to the seconds being remove. Hope Seconds is re-added, otherwise I think we can always Javascript it in?

But I liked the Contest new timer though. It show days instead of 20+ hours

EDIT: I liked some of the timer, it grew on me, the second is display when it less than 1 minute.

Edited by hahero

Any updates on this? This is a permanent change? Is the supposed improvement and optimization actually helping at all? Not sure how the display changes are better when the server still keeps track of time

Edited by test_user

I also don't understand any reason of this.

Regarding the very nice responsive web page design, I get lost to identify "8h" compared to "8m". For me it is harder to read on small mobile displays.

The zeros were - from my point of view - much clearer to read and maybe even a bit bigger.

Today evening I realise that the timer for next combativity is missing as well as the for energy. Have to check this on mobile again, Firefox just does not show it since "now".

Edit: I found it:

It is now "inline" with the number of combativity and energy.

And it pops up for a second if a fight is loaded.

So sorry - your responsive design gets under fire since small screens like a full HD mobile screen does not show the timer at all in a readable manner.

Edited by windia

On 07/06/2018 at 11:29 AM, YoyoHH said:

I agree.  When time is very tight, it's very useful to know the duration of an activity to the last second remaining when it is 1 or more minutes left.  This is now denied us.