Experience with Epic Pachinko

fakfak

What is everyone's experience with Epic Pachinko? Specifically, do many of you spin individually or save for the 10x spin? and if you play individually have you had good odds do you think compared to guaranteeing one girl via the 10x spin?

• Like 1

I used to do the single spin and honestly had really good luck since I only have 8 normal pachinko girls left, but I also get irritated when I get a string of epic items and such that I just don't want so have switched to the X10 spins that last couple months.

• Like 1

I did one single spin near the start of the game but decided that I wouldn't risk it again. I've played Epic 10x spin a total of 13 times and gotten 1 story guy, 11 permanent guys and 1 legendary event guy. Some through collecting kobans and some by throwing money at the game but oveeall I've had OK luck with getting the guys I wanted.

(Yes, I've spent money of GH but not HH.)

Edited by CopyBoop
  • Like 1

I don't have a source, but I've read somewhere on this forum that 1xEpic has exactly a 10% chance of yielding a girl. Which means there's no real advantage to doing it.

I strictly avoid it altogether until I've cleared all the bosses. I do not want a boss girl dropping from it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hollo said:

I don't have a source, but I've read somewhere on this forum that 1xEpic has exactly a 10% chance of yielding a girl. Which means there's no real advantage to doing it.

I strictly avoid it altogether until I've cleared all the bosses. I do not want a boss girl dropping from it.

This was my current game plan as well, but they made the drop rate for boss girls so terrible I will likely have saved up enough free Kobans waiting for boss girls to drop via adventure that I could do enough 10x rolls that if they stuck every girl in game in Epic Pachinko I'd be able to roll them all in one sitting. My current strategy is to focus on  upgrading the girls I got, and once I run out of those then I will do a single 10x roll, max that girl out, and assuming I don't get a new boss/event girl before I finish that girl, roll again. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

I'm not sure it's exactly 10%.
I'm expecting it to be close to 10%.

Considering that the 10x Epic spin is priced at exactly ten times the single spin (unlike the Rare version), I'd be shocked if the single-spin probability for getting a girl was anything other than exactly 10%. Alternative possibilities and why they're unlikely:

• single-spin has a favourable probability (>10%): Would massively tick off the biggest spenders of the game if it ever came out, because they are the ones who don't need the "safety net" of the guaranteed payout of the 10x spin, and would likely feel cheated if it turns out that single spins are more valuable in the long run.
  • single-spin has an unfavourable probability (<10%): The 10x spin already tries to lure people into using it by offering the safety net - why would the devs feel the need to stack things any more in its favour?

(Of course, that line of argument presupposes a certain amount of common sense on the part of the devs...)

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

A few months ago, I would've said the single spins are the way to go. But Some time in the last few months it feels like that has been patched. Over the last six months, I've spent roughly $200 on kobans and did single spins only to get crap. All that being said, now I'd recommend doing the 10x for a guaranteed girl. Only my opinion/my luck.

• Like 1

Before doing epic pachinko get all the boss/villain girls this will take time but they have an anniversary event in July to get all the past event girls so you can still collect them all during this time you save up your kobans and only use them for refills on the last day of an event if you have not gotten an event girls yet never do refills on the first day of an event because you can get the event girls for free with your free combativity.

Once you have them all you get the free event girls from bosses before spinning that is my method and i have 128 girls but i have not done an epic pachinko since the super girls event because i am getting my last girl from Roko but i will have her before the July anniversary event because of the pity timer then i can do a ton of epic pachinko spins.

Single spin epic pachinko is below 10% with event girls having the higher drop rate,followed by epic pachinko only girls and then boss girls having the lowest chance to drop but they can still drop so worth getting them before playing.

16. When I play Epic Pachinko, is the drop rate equal for all the girls? No. A permanent Pachinko girls have 1.5 times the drop rate of a classic boss girl An event girls have 3 times the drop rate of a classic boss girl.

image.thumb.png.f38e0f5ec497ff743f9cb488be917ce6.png

Edited by natstar

3 hours ago, _shal_ said:

Considering that the 10x Epic spin is priced at exactly ten times the single spin (unlike the Rare version), I'd be shocked if the single-spin probability for getting a girl was anything other than exactly 10%. Alternative possibilities and why they're unlikely:

• single-spin has a favourable probability (>10%): Would massively tick off the biggest spenders of the game if it ever came out, because they are the ones who don't need the "safety net" of the guaranteed payout of the 10x spin, and would likely feel cheated if it turns out that single spins are more valuable in the long run.
  • single-spin has an unfavourable probability (<10%): The 10x spin already tries to lure people into using it by offering the safety net - why would the devs feel the need to stack things any more in its favour?

Single-spin < 10% would make 10x spin the clear winner in the long run - the only downside would be having to wait until 10x kobans were saved up.

Single-spin > 10% actually has some merit, and many other places do this. The tradeoff is between greater expected average payoff, and more consistent but lower payoff.

In general, any change to the game will probably make older players worse off, but only assuming they're able to recover all of their expenses and re-spend them with the new change factored in. Some games return spent points, but not all do, and it isn't always required. The only other options are to never change the game, or to only make it worse or harder on newer players. Neither is a path to progress. The usual option is to recognize that older players have the benefit of an earlier start - they are necessarily enjoying the game longer than newer players. Improvements don't really set older players back; they can enjoy those improvements going forward, just as newer players do. And they can also benefit from their experience with the game up to that point.

Edited by Hollo

I play both, and my experience with singles is 3 girls on 31 spins, pretty close to 10%.

I'm not sure about spending kobans at the anniversary: On the one hand, it might be the best chance to get an event pachinko girl, and a legendary pachinko girl, for the huge amount of event girls available; on the other hand, the chance to get a specific girl that you might want decreases greatly.

2 hours ago, Originaltk said:

So the pity timer is still there? Thought I read somewhere here in the forums that that was gone.

The pity timer is still there, only for bosses' girls. There is no pity timer for event or legendary girls. 

There is no pity timer, I am on world 8 and still playing catch up in world 7 working to max out the cash from that boss fight, and this is after throwing in the towel on getting the last girl from world 5 boss after weeks of grinding, I don't recall how many, but it was enough to get up to world 8 and I don't waste kobans on energy refills for story mode.

Majority of drops I have been getting are event girls, so I would love for the regular boss girls to be made event ones for a week.

26 minutes ago, MSM007 said:

There is no pity timer, I am on world 8 and still playing catch up in world 7 working to max out the cash from that boss fight, and this is after throwing in the towel on getting the last girl from world 5 boss after weeks of grinding, I don't recall how many, but it was enough to get up to world 8 and I don't waste kobans on energy refills for story mode.

This could still happen with a pity timer. If it increased the probability by 0.1% per attempt, one could expect a drop in no more than 1000 attempts. But it might be smaller than that - say, 0.01%.

1 hour ago, Hollo said:

This could still happen with a pity timer. If it increased the probability by 0.1% per attempt, one could expect a drop in no more than 1000 attempts. But it might be smaller than that - say, 0.01%.

More likely it would just count your attempts and when total = X, give you the girl.   If you get girl before that, reset the counter.   

Too much work creating and tracking customized drop rates for every player. 

1 hour ago, casey said:

Wasn't this subject discussed months ago, or is there a statute of limitations on repeat topics

I created a similar topic months ago, but then it got butchered by a past mod who started erasing comments for reasons never explained, and got abandoned. I hoped to get more information on this one, expecting to read the numbers from other players, but it seems that not many advanced players play singles.

11 hours ago, MSM007 said:

Majority of drops I have been getting are event girls, so I would love for the regular boss girls to be made event ones for a week.

Drop rates have never being released, but Kinkoid did announce that they implemented a pity timer so players wouldn't pass a month without a new girl. 48 tries a day x 30 days = 1,440 tries.

Now, since the pity timer counts your fights per boss, you could get up to 1,440 fights against a single boss without a drop, and if you get derailed on events, revival events and legendary days fighting other bosses, it could take you several months to get a new boss' girl. 

That doesn't mean there is no pity timer, that means the pity timer is pretty harsh.

My longest run without bosses' drops have been around 1,300 fights, or 27 days worth of fighting, so in my experience, the system works.

1 hour ago, Jack_HH said:

Drop rates have never being released, but Kinkoid did announce that they implemented a pity timer so players wouldn't pass a month without a new girl. 48 tries a day x 30 days = 1,440 tries.

This makes me wonder if they introduced one based on calendar, eg it counts down the actual time since your last drop.  Rather than number of tries.  A month is quite specific a thing to say, when you consider how much difference in tries there is between active and casual players.

To get back on topic:  Even if single spin is slightly over 10% chance, its probably still smart to play 10x unless you have a ton of kobans.  Variance can take so many tries to actually resemble the real odds, a guaranteed girl seems a much better deal.

Edited by Ben9

20 minutes ago, Ben9 said:

Even if single spin is slightly over 10% chance, its probably still smart to play 10x unless you have a ton of kobans.  Variance can take so many tries to actually resemble the real odds, a guaranteed girl seems a much better deal.

On the other hand, it is much more exciting to get a girl on singles, when there is only a chance to get them, than on 10x, when you know for a fact that your getting them. ^_^

14 hours ago, Hollo said:

Single-spin > 10% actually has some merit, and many other places do this. The tradeoff is between greater expected average payoff, and more consistent but lower payoff.

But that only makes sense to do if the players are then actually told that single-spin offers such an advantage. (Not necessarily the exact percentage, just that it exists.) As that hasn't happened with HH, I'm concluding that it's probably not the case.

Edited by _shal_

Well, I am still on the singles only track with this account here, I just haven't gotten around to a lot of singles because I was hoarding my kobans for the charm legendary girl (got ~11k kobans now). I will continue with it after that one though.

Currently I am on a bad run of 35 singles without a girl, which dropped my overall girl drop percentage to 9.62%.
So I am hoping for more luck in the near future.