Leagues balance discussion

Noacc

oeioei. Survey has already closed and I missed it. (as I did this thread)

A lot of feedback has been given and given over again therefor I'll keep it short.

I hope the devs go for option 2 for the simple reason as to avoid a lot of angry backlash by ppl who seem to be able to write but somehow have problems reading.

I know I will change my strategy this very moment since reading this thread I expect option 1 is the one they'll go with.

A pity that kobanpushers will crush the leagues. Not the best or most active players.

edit: (changing the rules mid season or mid contest or mid anything is never universally appreciated and is generally considered as customer unfriendly)

Edited by dirty harry

Problem with this becoming p2w is that not only will you be unable to win a league by simply being the best and most active, you can also not turn it into a r2p. Refuse to play means youll lose half your xp thats taken from dailies to the league. So youll have to play and watch others buy their way past you. 

Unless quitting altogether of course. Thats always an option...

If somebody is going to play the leagues only "because he has to" for the XP and would otherwise just ignore them, why would he care about getting outpaced by koban spenders? Either you're emotionally invested in your league success or you're not, trying to have it both ways seems a bit strange.

Anyway, the finalized new league rules are such that free-playing the full league is still almost always possible, so it's moot.

Edited by _shal_

On 9/25/2018 at 1:39 PM, Yamamura said:

@El Daro There are many brackets at play, so it's hard to say how much of the population is actually spending Kobans. For you, not that bad. For me, far too many. Ether way, it's terrible when it happens. Obviously those that do spend Kobans will have a net loss, but it would seem they do not care. Apparently the Devs will be increasing the rewards next season. By how much? Who the hell knows. Still we wait in the dark about their options they want to place. Though if people are spending an absurd amount of Kobans on Teir 1 of league and without the increase in rewards, all just to rank up with a huge loss in the pocket. I wonder how much worse it will get. Company is getting paid, why fix it? They might just go full EA, the drop rate seems to already be there.

You can mouse over the different season levels to see the rewards that they give you because you get promoted up to the next one and if you do not play or do not play enough then you get pushed back by 1 the lowest being the one everyone started on being wanker 1 so it was a waste of time for people to stay on wanker 1 for another week when the next season league level pretty much doubles the reward from the first one.
image.png.22c8bcb168667ca4f4b7835ae7b50b86.png

Edited by natstar

3 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

@natstar Yeah, I knew about hovering over the teirs will show what you will be getting. I wasn't sure if they were going to increase it, or not. And if they did increase it, was placed in the middle of the season. I don't see any word on the rewards being changed, that's all.

They will add higher tier levels later on and the cash reward seems to go up based on your level like with contests so it seems to go up every 40 levels 1-40 but someone level 41 would get more money.

Another level of sexpert and the league level after it these were on the test server and they will most likely put them on the live servers when people get into the higher league levels.
image.png.c576956360d68cecb01937c1a7bd3afb.png
image.png.e79fccc5073aadd940c6daccfb1f8929.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _shal_ said:

If somebody is going to play the leagues only "because he has to" for the XP and would otherwise just ignore them, why would he care about getting outpaced by koban spenders? Either you're emotionally invested in your league success or you're not, trying to have it both ways seems a bit strange.

Anyway, the finalized new league rules are such that free-playing the full league is still almost always possible, so it's moot.

Because they make you do it. Either you play it right and for fun, with a chance of winning or you dont and then its not worth the extra work on top of the dailies. 

I'm saying there's nothing intrinsic that's stopping you from treating leagues simply as an XP farm, even moreso now that they've reduced the participation burden to once every ~8 hours. Everything else is entirely up to you and what you make of it. People don't have to farm the bosses for money, but almost everybody does anyway. I doubt that's a matter of "fun" for most players either, but nobody's complaining that it's the major way to obtain money in the game.

Edited by _shal_

Whatever dude. You don't want to get it, that's fine. 

There's noone forcing you to read complaints either, and I doubt people would consider it "fun" to do. Yet here you are complaining about my complaint. Unless you're emotionally invested in discussing with anyone who has a different opinion. 

Point is. Live and let live. I'm over it anyway. 

9 hours ago, natstar said:

They will add higher tier levels later on and the cash reward seems to go up based on your level like with contests so it seems to go up every 40 levels 1-40 but someone level 41 would get more money.

Another level of sexpert and the league level after it these were on the test server and they will most likely put them on the live servers when people get into the higher league levels.
image.png.c576956360d68cecb01937c1a7bd3afb.png
image.png.e79fccc5073aadd940c6daccfb1f8929.png

i already calculated that yesterday in the discord channel. its not so hard. its always doulbe of the amount of the prizes from the previous tier (kobans). money is a bit more and bp seems to be fixed at a certain point. but think most ppl cares about kobans mostly anyways.