Back to School Revival

Zorba the Geek

First time commenting on this forum because I had too much frustration built up from this event. 500 fights with Edwarda and still no drop. It's like every month there is at-least one event which really messes up things for the players.

However, as I was writing this I wanted to add that this endeavour also wasted thousands of kobans for me too. On realising that I was about 1 refill shy of 2000 wasted kobans, I decided to give one more try, just so that the "thousands" statement can be technically true. And lo, the drop finally happens in the third-last (i.e. 518th) fight.

Judging from previous comments, I thought if one doesn't get a drop in the first 300 fights, then this would be one of those times when the player would end up spending 7,000-11,000 kobans to get a drop, therefore the attempt not being worth it.

Anyone else had the first drop at around 500 fights? How many fights did it take for the second drop? Wanted to get a clue, unreliable as it may be, on whether to waste kobans on the second drop or not?

There's no clue to find no pattern no trick no path to follow it's a true crapshoot

Trying to find patterns in chaos is a human instinct, but in here, that instinct will just get you a concussion as you uselessly beat your head against a brick wall trying to figure out how this works

Whether you consider spending kobans to be a waste or not is strictly in your perspective, since none of us can know how comfortable you are taking risks. You have to figure that out for yourself, and I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the answer you need to hear 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2018 at 11:39 AM, Zorba the Geek said:

I've got her to 4 stars and, even if you're not HC, she's spectacular eye candy, in my perverted opinion one of the loveliest and most sexy girls available.  That chestnut hair colour and golden eyes!  She might be being portrayed as a femme fatale to anyone except our hero who is deathly afraid of her - yet he can still get a huge boner in her presence, rather an odd contradiction.

I wouldn't mind being tied up to a bed by her so she can have her way with me, but then I'm not the object of her attentions am I.

Well, that's why she's so scary. I would love it too. The first 2 days. Our hero has experienced what happens after. And it hurts. 🤣

She is dead sexy though and I love her appearance in a different aspect of the game. 

• Like 1

Well folks... Another one bites the dust and, in the case of my Lili account, I came out empty-handed.  However, for the expenditure of zero kobans, I was successful in recruiting Justine and Deitra in each of the other 5 accounts (but I had Justine and Teacher Deitra in two accounts already - 1 each).  Indeed, I managed to get both of them by Days 4 and 5 this time around.

I have noticed that there has been a trend over the last few events and revivals for people to spend truckloads of kobans suggesting they have become hooked into a gambling addiction.  To be fair, if I had relied on my Lili account alone I might've thought the same, but in my case I would've had to buy kobans by credit card.  This I would never do on principle.

My philosophy is very simple: if they drop they drop; if not too bad, better luck next time.  After playing for over a year I have managed to recruit over 100 girls in two accounts so I haven't done too badly and in my know-how accounts I have Norou in every one of them - in contrast to the situation with my hardcore accounts.

It may be heresy to suggest this, but is it good expenditure of so many kobans in the hope of getting a girl?  In the end, it all comes down to luck and, as some people found to their immense cost, they returned empty-handed after spending as much as 10k worth of kobans.  Either the RNG likes you or not.

2 minutes ago, DHarry said:

Well, that's why she's so scary. I would love it too. The first 2 days. Our hero has experienced what happens after. And it hurts. 🤣

She is dead sexy though and I love her appearance in a different aspect of the game. 

Oh yes!  She may become morphed into a different personality after intensive therapy in the mental hospital.  Imagine her as a coy tease, those golden-brown eyes flashing and hinting at the obvious.  Your growing dick tries to remain contained within your trousers and she notices, but this time she operates by mutual consent, even though you are powerless to resist her new-found charms.  She already has the physical beauty; now she has a beguiling personality to go with it.  But does she remain faithful or is she a swinger?  Oh woe is me!  The not knowing is killing me!

Currently I'm following the last quest in Heroes University, but I haven't got far enough in to have much of an idea of how it's going for our hero.  It's intriguing so far with Justine in the picture.

3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

It may be heresy to suggest this, but is it good expenditure of so many kobans in the hope of getting a girl?  In the end, it all comes down to luck and, as some people found to their immense cost, they returned empty-handed after spending as much as 10k worth of kobans.  Either the RNG likes you or not.

Eh, as long as I spend less than 5,400 (ie, one ten-spin of EP) on attempting to unlock any given girl. I'm happy. I might not be still playing in another year, and I still haven't spent any real money.

Came closer than I ever have to that magic number with this event, but it balances out against the Epic Days, where I spent about the same number of kobans but got five girls out of it.

18 hours ago, Blain said:

There's no clue to find no pattern no trick no path to follow it's a true crapshoot

Trying to find patterns in chaos is a human instinct, but in here, that instinct will just get you a concussion as you uselessly beat your head against a brick wall trying to figure out how this works

Whether you consider spending kobans to be a waste or not is strictly in your perspective, since none of us can know how comfortable you are taking risks. You have to figure that out for yourself, and I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the answer you need to hear 

Although I appreciate the reply and generally agree with most, there really wasn't a need for it. I understand the unpredictability involved, however, it is also true that I have found drops repeatedly happening or being reported around certain numbers. I only wanted to know if someone had had a similar experience so that I could be more at ease with spending kobans. A simple "no" would've been entirely sufficient.

One of the few time I came up with no drops on the boss girls during an event. 

I did get one of the pachinko girls, so it's not a total loss. But looking at the wiki there are only a couple of boss girls that haven't dropped for me (I was too low level the first time they happened to have the world unlocked or not enough combativity) so I'm a little bummed out. 

Oh well - congrats to everyone who got them!

5 hours ago, John 1039 said:

Although I appreciate the reply and generally agree with most, there really wasn't a need for it. I understand the unpredictability involved, however, it is also true that I have found drops repeatedly happening or being reported around certain numbers. I only wanted to know if someone had had a similar experience so that I could be more at ease with spending kobans. A simple "no" would've been entirely sufficient.

If you were going to be the only one to read this thread, then a "no" would suffice and that's all I would have said

But you're not going to be the only one to read this thread. I refer to the new players that will come to the forum with the same question you did. Most are too shy to post in here, and for some, a simple "no" is insufficient. They need to know why. They search for patterns in chaos as their instinct drives them to.

For their benefit, I expound my answer because I've seen so many players get frustrated with the game's drop rate. It's the single biggest cause of stress to most players here, and the sooner they know it's not something that can be predicted accurately, the sooner they can come to terms with whether the game is worth the stress they will encounter. They need to hear it, even if it's not what they want to hear

Thank you for providing another platform for them to get the message

Oh boy!  I've just made it to her final affection scene and it seems our Justine loves her pussy being (over)filled by our hero.  I wonder how a baby might affect her mental health and obsessions.  You never know; it might be the making of her - someone else to be responsible for and care for, and to love in an unconditional way, a mother's love.

Unless our hero is conveniently sterile, Justine's pregnancy is inevitable.

All in all, though, this is yet another lost opportunity for the artist and script writer to explore another scenario for this stunning beauty.  So another big rotten tomato from me 🤧.