17/10/18 Patch Notes Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

Just regret not having a real chance of getting Boku Mi Maï.

Many players (like me) that didn´t know about the game when the original Music Party Event took place most probably won´t have Roko Sensei leveled up in time for this event...

As a result, veteran players who already had the Pop Star Girl won´t have special affection items while newest players who don´t have the girl won´t have the posibility of "performing" against Roko in order to "seduce" her. In my account I´m already leveling up Roko, BUT, he is still at level 135 and has not dropped a single common girl yet, so, in a 4 days event, wasting koans to have a 75% of getting a boss comon girl sounds a bit silly to me. May be for other players it worths the risk, I don´t know.

I´m sorry in advance if this is not the proper place to give opinions about the new revival event. Since the announcement seems related to the new path notes thought that this should be the correct place XP

I'm currently sitting at 40th place in the league, with these changes, would my rewards increase or decrease?

Edit: Yes, I realize this update won't affect this weeks league, I'm asking for future reference.

Edited by Inuzuka

3 minutes ago, Inuzuka said:

Edit: Yes, I realize this update won't affect this weeks league, I'm asking for future reference.

I'm not so sure about that. With the patch going live on Wednesday I would expect the new rewards to be applied to the current league already, as that will run through Thursday.

1 hour ago, Inuzuka said:

I'm currently sitting at 40th place in the league, with these changes, would my rewards increase or decrease?

Practically almost impossible to say for certain until effective rewards numbers are shown. We need to wait until the update takes place.

Let's do a little thought experiment and compare someone playing normally on Wanker I, and someone trying to use tanking as a strategy. I'll only be comparing koban rewards.

Norm is playing the game normally. He finishes Wanker I in the 5-15 range and gets 24 kobans. Through activity and challenging everyone despite the losses, he manages to get 61-75th place and wins 6 kobans in week 2. Week 3, he does a little better and 46-60 and wins 12 kobans. Week 4, he's 31-45 and gets 24 kobans. Over the course of four weeks, Norm has won 66 kobans.

Tad the tanker knows that you should only place in the top 4 or below the top 15 (4 or 16 for short). Week 1, he's on track to finish 5-15 like Norm, but he intentionally tanks to stay in Wanker I and only wins 12 kobans. Week 2, being overpowered for Wanker I, he finishes in 2-4, and gets 48. Week 3, he intentionally tanks and doesn't get any kobans. Week four, Tad either gets 1st or 2-4 in Wanker I, winning 120 or 48 kobans. Over the course of four weeks, Tad wins either 108 or 180 kobans, depending on whether or not he finishes in first place in week 4.

To cap things off, you get more exp from winning than from losing no matter what. Tad has been fighting a lot more winnable battles than Norm over these four weeks (even including that one week where he tanked and fought very few battles), so odds are that he's higher leveled than Norm.

Aside from 16-30 in Wanker I (and I think that's an accident when they were copy-pasting code), the numbers work for all the higher leagues since they're just double the koban rewards for each previous league.

Edited by Moe Overload
Numbers
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moe Overload said:

Aside from 16-30 in Wanker I (and I think that's an accident when they were copy-pasting code)

No, that's an issue of rounding, combined with the fact that Koban numbers are always based on the original Nutaku value scheme, where all numbers are 1/6 of what's shown on HH.com.

16th-30th place gets 12% of what 1st place gets, so that's 14.4 (HH) / 2.4 (Nutaku) kobans. Rounded down to 12 / 2.
31st-45th place gets 9% of what 1st place gets, so that's 10.8 (HH) / 1.8 (Nutaku) kobans. Rounded up to 12 / 2.

3 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

W II should be 12 kobans, right?

Poor Norm. It only gets worse.:P

Yes, and week four was supposed to be 31-45. I'm assuming an active player will be able to go up by about 15 positions each week. That brings the total down to 66 kobans instead. Norm just can't catch any breaks.

1 hour ago, Tommy55 said:

If your combativity bar is filled when a new league starts what good are combativity point rewards from S2?

It only has a 20 point limit for filling up for free.
It has no limit when you get free combativity points but if you do not spend it under 20 it stops giving you free points.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy55 said:

If your combativity bar is filled when a new league starts what good are combativity point rewards from S2?

I believe you're confusing the combativity (which we use to fight villains) and challenge tokens (which we use to fight in the league). The league reward is combativity.

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I believe you're confusing the combativity (which we use to fight villains) and challenge tokens (which we use to fight in the league). The league reward is combativity.

Ah, I believe you are correct, I am confused, wait, what was the question? 😁

good update but:

1) the range between 1 and 61+ is still too big in one league
there should be bigger differences between the leagues (Wanker 1, wanker 2, wanker 3 ........) and smaller ones inside the same league ( if you are in sexpert, 61th player can not be rewarded 50  times less inside  the same league)

2) you can not earn less than the player in 1st place of the 4rd league below- look:
wanker 1- 1st place = 620k $ and 120 kobans and gift

sexpert 2- 61th place= 199k $ and 36 kobans

these are 4 entire leagues

if you are one of the company's CEOs, you can not earn less than the best janitor in the same company, and this janitor earns better than CEOs, directors, managers, etc.
Edited by fap.titans.gra

9 hours ago, fap.titans.gra said:
good update but:

1) the range between 1 and 61+ is still too big in one league
there should be bigger differences between the leagues (Wanker 1, wanker 2, wanker 3 ........) and smaller ones inside the same league ( if you are in sexpert, 61th player can not be rewarded 50  times less inside  the same league)

2) you can not earn less than the player in 1st place of the 4rd league below- look:
wanker 1- 1st place = 620k $ and 120 kobans and gift

sexpert 2- 61th place= 199k $ and 36 kobans

these are 4 entire leagues

if you are one of the company's CEOs, you can not earn less than the best janitor in the same company, and this janitor earns better than CEOs, directors, managers, etc.

Absolutely agreed.