I have reached my final frustration (Feedback)

TeeJay

Today, I have reached that point where the frustration of trying to do something on the web site goes beyond the enjoyment of the web site.

The constant hanging, dangling, lost connection to server, reloading, refreshing, freezing while trying to do anything on the game is just too aggravating. And it hit me today while trying to do a League battle. So, to start with, I'm stopping my participation in the Leagues. I don't care about the xp, I don't  care about the kobans and the money. None of it makes up for the frustration of just trying to participate and being continually blocked. Basically, it's not fun. And games are supposed to be fun, suppose to relax.

I'll stick with the rest of the game. I like the stories. But, I do experience these hangs in any other combat and even trying to collect my harem money or even buy books. So, if problems persist to the point that it makes even doing that frustrating, I'll have to bail from the game.

And that's my feedback for your game.

On 12/10/2018 at 11:14 AM, Daniele said:

If you don't mind you can block images from this site. That way the Err HH_I error goes away (at least for me).
I do it all the time when i'm in a hurry.

Hmmm. Well, that's something to try, both to see if it works and if its an acceptable, long term, work around.

How do I go about blocking the images?

And thank you for the suggestion.

4 hours ago, TeeJay said:

Hmmm. Well, that's something to try, both to see if it works and if its an acceptable, long term, work around.

How do I go about blocking the images?

And thank you for the suggestion.

If you use firefox: right-click on an image and select "View Image Info". In the Page Info window that opens, check the "Block images from hh.hh-content.com" and close it.
Or right-click on any place (but not a link) and select "View Page Info", then go to the Media tab and check the "Block images from hh.hh-content.com".

As far as i know this can be done with chrome too, but i don't use it, so i'm not sure how to do it.

EDIT: found this for chrome: https://www.inteligentcomp.com/2012/07/how-to-block-images-from-specific-sites.html
Or this, slightly different in the final step: https://classroom.synonym.com/block-images-website-14177.html
Obviously the domain to block on chrome is the same (hh.hh-content.com)

Edited by Daniele
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Daniele said:

If you use firefox: right-click on an image and select "View Image Info". In the Page Info window that opens, check the "Block images from hh.hh-content.com" and close it.
Or right-click on any place (but not a link) and select "View Page Info", then go to the Media tab and check the "Block images from hh.hh-content.com".

Well, thank you very much.

I tried it out and things went rather smoothly. I'll give it a shot with trying the more graphic load intensive things. Which is probably everything except the stories. lol

Reloading all those images every time from the server, no wonder they're having issues. The amount of up-loading data, plus the system calls for each of the processing must be enormous.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is an update to my initial reaction

I have followed the suggestion of Daniele and blocked all images from the web site when doing, well, just about anything.

The game play is much faster and smoother and I've learned to navigate the web site without being able to see graphic click-points.

The only major place I have to turn it on at is the main adventure map so I can side-scroll to the earlier map. I also need to turn it on to view the pages of other players or to examine any of my harem girls.

So, for the time being, I'm continuing my play.

4 hours ago, gnome said:

Out of curiosity, are you on Windows 10?

Due to frustrations with trying to get some other things to cooperate, I just uninstalled the 1809 update. One benefit has been that the site runs a lot better for me.

I'm on Windows 7 Professional working Firefox

I figured I should wait until Windows: Dirty Dozen comes out (They won't call it 12 or Twelve or XII) before looking to upgrade OS again.

i see a flaw in my way of blocking all pics for collecting money (example in line of 4 epic girls):

look on first pic, epic girl, red frame: nothing visible while money is there to be collected:

blocked_pics_harem_money.png.2e28c908aceea79e3d9353438c116bd2.png

now second pic, epic girl, red frame: time left is shown while I hover over

blocked_pics_harem_nomoney.png.db58ffb1aa2d355ef175a73ef78a77c9.png

that means: need to find a way "unblock" allow the money pic - because I don't wanna look if a timer pops up...

On 1/1/2019 at 1:23 PM, windia said:

playing on nutaku and using win10 & chrome, I could achieve it only with blocking all images, anyway, I would need some time to get used to it... (and for the app it does not work):

blocked_pics.png

Yeah, that's close to how mine looks, except I don't have the empty boxes with the broken-image icon in them. It's all smooth. I just remember where the links are generally and over my cursor over the area until it changes shape.

16 hours ago, windia said:

i see a flaw in my way of blocking all pics for collecting money (example in line of 4 epic girls):

look on first pic, epic girl, red frame: nothing visible while money is there to be collected:

blocked_pics_harem_money.png.2e28c908aceea79e3d9353438c116bd2.png

now second pic, epic girl, red frame: time left is shown while I hover over

blocked_pics_harem_nomoney.png.db58ffb1aa2d355ef175a73ef78a77c9.png

that means: need to find a way "unblock" allow the money pic - because I don't wanna look if a timer pops up...

This is how I do my money pick up, too. Of course the way I fully do it I wait for most of my money to become ready. That's usually around an hour? I have one that takes almost 3 hours so when it gets down to that one ticking down, I collect. And for collecting, I just run along the line and click-click-click.

Occasionally, something won't click. Then I switch back over to the regular screen and scroll up and down it to find the blue bars and hit those. It's usually one 1 to 3. Over all, I fee it works really well. But, then, it's really a matter of perspective. I remember when a game played on 386 processors was slow in comparison to playing the same game on a 486.

Of course, I also remember when 48k of volatile RAM memory was more memory than we were ever going to need.

I guess my point is, the game is much, much faster for me this way than it was before switching to this way. I even turn the graphics back on now and again to look at something. So far, half the time, the page freezes and loses connection while trying to load the images.

I'm also NOT saying you should be happy with it this way. Just saying it takes a little more effort.

6 hours ago, TeeJay said:

[...]  I remember when a game played on 386 processors was slow in comparison to playing the same game on a 486.

Of course, I also remember when 48k of volatile RAM memory was more memory than we were ever going to need. [...]

rofl - I remember these times too - only that I didn't know about RAM size this time and outside of a game I did not realize a difference between default 10 MHz and using hardware switch to 40 MHz. Later I wondered why they ever had a switch and did not run 40 MHz by default^^

On 1/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, windia said:

On 1/2/2019 at 11:19 PM, jelom said:

the link to the money icon is this

https://hh.hh-content.com/design/ic_menu-SC.png

if you can find a way to hide the rest of the images but not this one.

I don't think there's a built-in feature to do this with firefox (don't know with chrome).

Obviously with an add-on it's pretty easy, for example with Adblock Plus just add these filters:
hh.hh-content.com
@@ic_menu-SC.png

money.png.c783c129d4e898c7825e140a9a6990c9.png

Edited by Daniele
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1