Liga refills

fedor

Are you by chance working with more than one device at a time, e.g. a mobile phone and a PC. Did you find that there are still a lot of league battle points left on your mobile phone even though you already used most of them on a PC?

Check if this can reproduce the "refill":

1. Wait until you have a full 15 league battle points and check that this is visible both in mobile phone and on your PC.
  2. Fight 15 league battles on the PC.
  3. Switch to your phone -- observe that there are still 15 league battle points available.
  4. Use a single (1) league battle point on your phone.
  5. Switch to your account on the PC. Logout and login again.
  6. Observe that there are 14 league battle points available on the PC. Use all of them
  7. Switch to your phone -- observe that there are still 14 league battle points available.
  8. Use a single (1) league battle point on your phone.
  9. Switch to your account on the PC. Logout and login again.
  10. Observe that there are 13 league battle points available on the PC. Use all of them
  11. Switch to your phone -- observe that there are still 13 league battle points available.
  12. ... repeat this pattern

As you already stated, the only benefits are

1. you will always have sufficient league battle points to battle all other players in your league - no points lost when the timer is stopped after reaching a complete refill after 15 x 35 min
  2. you will reach your maximum possible score (considering lost and won matches) quite early so that you are ranked ahead of players who potentially reach the same number of points as you
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

No, seriously, these leagues are a joke! I'm starting to think that many of those so-called "kobans spenders" I've seen so far were actually cheaters who used this unfair method.

Guys, this is CHEATING, IMHO all players caught using these methods should be banned for good.

@Kinkoid @Mika Kinkoid @Noacc When will this bug be fixed? Is there any way you can find out who used this trick? If yes, what action will be taken towards those players who intentionally exploited this bug?

Coming to know of this is extremely frustrating.>:(

There had been at least two, maybe three, times when other players who had much greater ego but ~100 points below me due to missing battles, quickly in a short span, moved up in the ranking and bypassed me.

• In the first season when there were more possible opponents than free battles, the person who took first position, six days before the end wasn't even in the top 9 while rest of the eight players continued to remain among the top-nine up to the end.
  • In one season, such a player took the top position surpassing me by 6 points while just a day before he was literally 90 points behind.
  • Aside from that, there had been two other occasions when I had come 2nd, once with only a 13 point difference while the player after me was 45 points behind. Now, I'm not sure whether I wasn't cheated out of the first position those times too or not.

Previously, there was some consolation that these players had to spend kobans; now I find out that remaining loyal to the game (and the developers), consistently making sure not to miss any point, remaining logged-in at the beginning of each season, consistently doing everything right, was in fact, a consistent a waste of my time.:(>:(

Leagues Misfortune, Possible Cheating (1).png

Leagues Misfortune, Possible Cheating (2).png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 10:01 AM, Birdie_ said:

Are you by chance working with more than one device at a time, e.g. a mobile phone and a PC. Did you find that there are still a lot of league battle points left on your mobile phone even though you already used most of them on a PC?

Check if this can reproduce the "refill":

1. Wait until you have a full 15 league battle points and check that this is visible both in mobile phone and on your PC.
  2. Fight 15 league battles on the PC.
  3. Switch to your phone -- observe that there are still 15 league battle points available.
  4. Use a single (1) league battle point on your phone.
  5. Switch to your account on the PC. Logout and login again.
  6. Observe that there are 14 league battle points available on the PC. Use all of them
  7. Switch to your phone -- observe that there are still 14 league battle points available.
  8. Use a single (1) league battle point on your phone.
  9. Switch to your account on the PC. Logout and login again.
  10. Observe that there are 13 league battle points available on the PC. Use all of them
  11. Switch to your phone -- observe that there are still 13 league battle points available.
  12. ... repeat this pattern

As you already stated, the only benefits are

1. you will always have sufficient league battle points to battle all other players in your league - no points lost when the timer is stopped after reaching a complete refill after 15 x 35 min
  2. you will reach your maximum possible score (considering lost and won matches) quite early so that you are ranked ahead of players who potentially reach the same number of points as you

You are correct 100%. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm this is fixed?

Either I just had someone use this method, or risk 540 kobans to get just 420 kobans net reward. That player is even using all multistat legendary equipment, so not sure how serious that player even is.

In a previous league, had another player either use this method or use a similar koban amount in refills to receive an almost net negative 150 kobans reward. For some reason that player is no longer showing up in ToF Leaderboard search.

Also in the newer league, just little after the first hour, there is already someone with 90 points and that player isn't even in the top 10 ego wise, therefore the kobans are definitely going to go to waste.

LeaguesMisfortunePossibleCheating(3).png.56c633fe70c148ccb85172fcde383136.pngLeaguesMisfortunePossibleCheating(4).png.a41fe2c1cefece0af38179c98213d274.png

LeaguesMisfortunePossibleCheating(5).png.04e01c59c2fa37e1995876aa51130746.pngLeaguesMisfortunePossibleCheating(6).png.bed5abcc722be4b1094f21ba7921be06.png

@John 1039 it has seemed to have been fixed for a while to me. I use 2 devices myself which was enough to trigger the bug before. There didn't have to be any intent to exploit at the time, it just simply refilled on both devices if you didn't choose to logout and log back in. I believe the bug started the same time the automatic refill with a new league was broken, but that is more speculation since I didn't notice it at all at first. If you opened the app on a phone closer to half a day after it was closed it acted more like a fresh login so for me at least it was typically a smaller amount than a full refill. A few extra here and there when watching something in a different room than the computer at night is not so easily noticed. Now every time a challenge is used the server checks you have the challenge and sends back a message in the case that don't along with updating to the correct number. This should generally not be seen since every action you take that expends anything updates your data with the correct server held values. This thankfully prevents the need to enter your login info on daily basis with the app.

I'd say it is likely they used the kobans. There are 2 xp contests that they could easily get first in while doing so and if they had both at the same time probably make a net profit as well. The side benefit of leveling up faster itself can also be reason enough for some.

• Thanks 1