Boosters - What do you recommend?

BloodBath1984

I've been testing them out, I find that raising my endurance usually works out best... but if that's the case, what's the point of the other 3?

Would like a discussion as to what combination of the four you found useful, and whether or not one or more of them is useless, and probably should just never buy.

*EDIT_01*

After seeing the discussion, is there a possibility that each Class Styles have a hand in what Booster has more effect? Like for example: is it possible that Hardcore, Charm, Know-how have different booster needs?

Boosters.jpg

Edited by BloodBath1984
Reacting to the conversation
  • Like 2

Eh they are not worth it to buy, but I suppose it's okay if you have kobans to burn and always wanted an edge in fights. I just use the ones I get from pachinko and stuff. I think the worst is Ginseng Root. It raises endurance which in turn raises EGO. Chlorella does a better job of raising EGO. Jujubes is nice for raising harmony if you like special abilities, but RNG is unreliable. Cordyceps is always good. Better to have the target die ASAP. I've been using 3 of either Ginseng root/Chlorella +1 of Cordyceps lately. Only because I got more of the two than the last.

• Like 3

The weakest booster is the Ginging root it gives endurance which gives you ego however the Chlorella boosters also gives ego instead of increasing your endurance stat but it gives you more ego which is used to increase your health.

Cordyceps is only good for hardcore because their ability when used increases their damage so the more damage you do the more your ability increases it but for know-how/charm the Chlorella booster is better also a lot of hardcore players use Chlorella as well because the longer you live the higher chance you have of using your ability.

Jujubes increases your harmony so higher chance of using your ability i use one jujube boosters as know-how because hardcore get bonus harmony against me so I use 1 of them to counter the bonus they get this comes at the downside of decreases my ego/health because I only use 3 Chlorella boosters also charm's ability is so weak that it is never a good idea to use a jujube booster as charm

• Like 3

All of them increase your combat stats (you will be stronger that's for sure) ginseng roots and chlorella also increase your ego while jujubes and cordyseps don't.

if i had to make a top 4 it will go like this:

1. cordyseps

2. ginseng roots

3. jujubes

4. chlorella

I always use four boosters of one kind instead of mixxing them up, also you should never buy boosters from the market because you get more than enough from the arena.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hotless said:

All of them increase your combat stats (you will be stronger that's for sure) ginseng roots and chlorella also increase your ego while jujubes and cordyseps don't.

if i had to make a top 4 it will go like this:

1. cordyseps

2. ginseng roots

3. jujubes

4. chlorella

I always use four boosters of one kind instead of mixxing them up, also you should never buy boosters from the market because you get more than enough from the arena.

you put ginseng root above chlorella 😕
chlorella is definitely the better of the two >,<

• Like 1

chlorella is useless, it just increases your ego but it doesn't raise any of your battle stats like the other three boosters do and from my pvp experience i could say that my win ratio is way less when i use chlorella instead of another booster.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

Arena battles USED to produce loads of GOLD Boosters.  Not much any more. Maybe one per week in ~300 arena wins.

As Charm (die-hard fan never-going-to-change)

4 GREEN Chlorella yeild about 2,000 ego boast (lvl 280)   This is life-death against KH heros.  Good for 1.5 days.

For tough League Battles, add GOLD Chlorella, good for 3 days.

GOLD cost 60 Koban in shop.  I buy one each week.

@BloodBath1984  Thanks for bringing this up:  It is the first time I've seen this discussion in Forum

Best wishes,  brassy

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hotless said:

chlorella is useless, it just increases your ego but it doesn't raise any of your battle stats like the other three boosters do and from my pvp experience i could say that my win ratio is way less when i use chlorella instead of another booster.

Can you explain to me what you think Chlorella does and what Ginseng Root does?
Because I have the feeling you don't really understand one of them correctly.

• Like 3

Just now, Chthugha said:

@Chthugha Oh, you wicked man.   Lets see your Charm School Diploma.  hahaha.  

He writes of his own experience:  

"--from my pvp experience i could say that my win ratio is way less when i use chlorella instead of another booster."

I invite you to go first:  Tell us:  What does Chlorella do?  Please: what does Ginseng Root do?

-smiles-

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hotless said:

I suggest that you should read the post that I made before your post because it explains why chlorella is the best booster in the game and why Ginseng Root is the worst booster in the game.

Most of the top pvp players use 4 chlorella boosters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Well ginseng roots increase your endurance and because of that your ego also increases but as for chlorella all i see in the tooltip is something that looks like a crown to me and a number (250/620/1200) so i am not quite sure what else it does except that increases your ego.

10 minutes ago, natstar said:

I suggest that you should read the post that I made before your post because it explains why chlorella is the best booster in the game and why Ginseng Root is the worst booster in the game.

Most of the top pvp players use 4 chlorella boosters.

Then can you explain to me why when i fight a strong opponent i beat him easily when i use all other boosters and when i use chlorella i lose badly to that same opponent ??

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, Hotless said:

Well ginseng roots increase your endurance and because of that your ego also increases but as for chlorella all i see in the tooltip is something that looks like a crown to me and a number (250/620/1200) so i am not quite sure what else it does except that increases your ego.

Then can you explain to me why when i fight a strong opponent i beat him easily when i use all other boosters and when i use chlorella i lose badly to that same opponent ??

Because of the rng/the judge in play/them having better items.
Ginseng Root gives endurance which only gives ego.
chlorella gives ego as well but it gives more ego you have to go to the harem battle screen in arena,league or villain battles to see your ego/health number go up.

Using 4 Ginseng Root boosters over chlorella would be like someone thinking that using 6 multi-stat legendary items is better than 6 single main stat legendary items because the endurance on items and boosters is to low.

You gain more ego from a single stat epic item than you do from a legendary multi-stat legendary item.
It's your choice how you play the game but you will be giving players a free win against you in the leagues which makes it harder to get more points than other players in the league rounds

• Like 3

Endurance only contributes to your ego; [Ego] = [Endurance] + 11 x [Alpha's Main Stat].
That's the only place in battle where endurance comes in, and as you can see 1 point in endurance directly translates to 1 point in ego.
Ginseng Root gives you endurance, so it basically gives you ego.
Chlorella gives you ego.
The numbers of chlorella are higher than the numbers of ginseng root, therefore chlorella is better than ginseng root.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hotless said:

ginsing increase "only" endurance. so this gives less points to ego then the chorella in fact. so its only the 2nd choice after i run out of clorella. 

I think people have pretty well answered this. 4 x Chlorella or maybe Cordyceps for HC.

My comment is that boosters are really lame. I use the free ones I pick up in the arena but it would be a warm day on the glacier before I bought one. Boosters are the only item that does not get better with level. They are quite useful at low levels but pretty lame even at my level of 270. My current attack is usually about 27,000 net after defense, my ego is 178,000.

4 gold cordyceps is +800 or +2.96% to my net attack. Over a 6 round battle that is  4,800 for the whole fight. It shortens the fight by a little more than 1/6th of a round.

Same for Chlorella. 4 epic chlorella is +4,800 ego or +2.7%, or a little more than 1/6th of a round of extra life.

I use em but I do not worry too much about them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snowman22 said:

Boosters are the only item that does not get better with level. They are quite useful at low levels but pretty lame even at my level of 270. My current attack is usually about 27,000 net after defense, my ego is 178,000.

Man, I didn't think about that. Maybe they should change it to a percentage rather than a fixed number.

I wasted a lot of Kobans trying to figure out a good combination. However, even at lower levels, I don't know if they are that useful because there are so many high-level players. It might actually still be better for higher level players just to bump them up slightly higher to ensure they get a higher win rate at the League games.

I'm at Sexpert II and so far, the highest number ego I've seen is 220K so if everyone competing is about that high in the league, the boosters may just be enough to raise your luck in getting the number 1 spot. My reasoning being is that at higher levels, it's possible to lose against players that are 10k below your ego.

I don't imagine anyone ever needing to buy Kobans ever again if they somehow manage to get within the top 4 of Dictator II consistently.

9 hours ago, BananaJoy said:

to domintate in d1 its nearly impossible to get in the top ranks without buying refills. and everybody use gold boosters all the time. so u need to get in the top 4 that the investment would pay out

Are there unlimited opponents in Dictator I to II? (Sexpert II) In each week there are only 102 or so opponents, with 3 chances to fight them. So that means only 906 battles maximum.

So technically, making refills are a waste of Kobans. Unless, of course, you waste free recharge time.

50 minutes ago, BloodBath1984 said:

Are there unlimited opponents in Dictator I to II? (Sexpert II) In each week there are only 102 or so opponents, with 3 chances to fight them. So that means only 906 battles maximum.

So technically, making refills are a waste of Kobans. Unless, of course, you waste free recharge time.

In this week's D2 league there are 128 opponents in mine and BananaJoy's bracket. So you do require several refills if you want to fight everyone.

Also due to the attacker gaining significant as advantages its possible to have multiple people end up on a maximum score, so to secure it you need to spend refills to reach that score first (as that's the most important tiebreaker). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BloodBath1984 said:

1. the price r much higher and 2. if u get the points earlier than others u r ranked higher. so in the end this means for investing a bit u get much better prices ^^

• Thanks 1