Time loss

Woud

Long standing issue really, but good to bring up. Usually doesn't set you back a whole minute in my experience, but the point does stand that when the time syncs back up with the server there is often a time loss that suggests the server is running slow or more likely having high latency. You may just have some extra latency issue making it even worse for you (just a theory).

12 minutes ago, ScrubNoob said:

Long standing issue really, but good to bring up. Usually doesn't set you back a whole minute in my experience, but the point does stand that when the time syncs back up with the server there is often a time loss that suggests the server is running slow or more likely having high latency. You may just have some extra latency issue making it even worse for you (just a theory).

I've seen this issue now for the first time today and yesterday...but it always sets back exacly one minute and I can not fight before exactly this minute...yesterday I was then clicking to fight right before the time was over and got reset to 59 seconds twice again. I don't think it's really a sync error between client and server. Then my two resets could/should not have been happening.

The timers always run locally in your browser and have a small delay who accumulates, the start time is stored in the server and if you load the page they get sinchronized with the server and show you the correct time left.

I think this is a display problem and I think it is separate from the server/client drift. The server/client drift is only a few seconds, maybe 15 on a bad day. The new problem is almost always pretty close to 60 secs.

Since yesterday some of the timers go (notice the min and secs below 2 min and above 1 min):

4min -> 3min -> 2min -> 1min 59sec -> 1min 58sec -> .... 1min 1 sec -> 60 sec -> 59 sec -> ... 1 sec.

I think some of them are not showing the 1min part so it looks like 60 -> 1 happens twice.

Try to notice if it goes 4min, 3min, 2min, 60sec 59sec, ... 1sec, 59sec 58sec, ... 1sec.

I.e.: When you see the problem did it jump from 2 min to 60 secs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, snowman22 said:

I think this is a display problem and I think it is separate from the server/client drift. The server/client drift is only a few seconds, maybe 15 on a bad day. The new problem is almost always pretty close to 60 secs.

Since yesterday some of the timers go (notice the min and secs below 2 min and above 1 min):

4min -> 3min -> 2min -> 1min 59sec -> 1min 58sec -> .... 1min 1 sec -> 60 sec -> 59 sec -> ... 1 sec.

I think some of them are not showing the 1min part so it looks like 60 -> 1 happens twice.

Try to notice if it goes 4min, 3min, 2min, 60sec 59sec, ... 1sec, 59sec 58sec, ... 1sec.

I've also noticed this occurring the last day or so.  Some of the timers, like challenge and arena, count down to 2m, then a minute later continue from 1m 59s and count down to zero.  Other timers, like energy and combativity and missions, get down to 2m then a minute later count down from 59s like it used to, but then it repeats once it gets to zero and counts down from 59s again.  

Display error or not, it looks like all timers now count down an extra minute.  This has been my observation over the last day since the patch.

@Kinkoid what do you think?  Sounds like a bug to me.

11 hours ago, Gambit126 said:

Display error or not, it looks like all timers now count down an extra minute.

No, they've simply changed the rounding. 2m 59s to 2m 01s are now "2m", while they used to be "3m". There may be some display bugs here, but I'm pretty sure the counters don't actually run longer.

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2019 at 8:19 AM, snowman22 said:

Yes it's correct, but when you not update page. But now it's bug, bcs I close page and open it again in last 10 sec and after last second I rcvd bonus +1min

Edited by andyматьего

This happens to me all the time in missions. The timer goes to 0, I hit the buton to collect, the buton disappears but nothing happens. I refresh the page and it shows 59s again. I timed this with a stopwatch and it's really the server time that is badly out of sync. The local countdown seems ok.