Arena matchmaking

dummyhunter

Does anyone how how arena matchmaking works? Are your opponents chosen based on your level? Mojo? Ego/Atk/Def?

If it were really decided on a mojo basis, I might consider deliberately losing to some of the opponents instead of avoiding those fights, since that would improve the chance of weaker opponents appearing

±15 Levels and ±1000 Mojo.

Unless one is trying to take a top position in Weekly Tower of Fame Mojo rankings, I don't see any reason why one should avoid difficult-to-win Arena fights. Best case scenario, RNG causes you to win, worst case scenario, your Mojo doesn't increase too much so that you don't end up in a pool where everyone is much better equipped than you.

Edited by John 1039
  • Like 2

Speaking of which, are there any feasible Tower of Fame leaderboard a newbie can realistically aim for? The Mojo, affection, harem level etc all seem to be dominated by heavy payers. I’ve been thinking whether I should save my stat upgrades until I reach a very high level, then dump all my money into upgrading them, and see if that will land me in a top weekly ranking spot

13 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

Speaking of which, are there any feasible Tower of Fame leaderboard a newbie can realistically aim for? The Mojo, affection, harem level etc all seem to be dominated by heavy payers. I’ve been thinking whether I should save my stat upgrades until I reach a very high level, then dump all my money into upgrading them, and see if that will land me in a top weekly ranking spot

Stat upgrades probably, but that's usually just a one time thing. You're better off just ignoring the leaderboard. Think of it as extra rewards for stuff you normally do. It's meant for people who went above and beyond what normal players do. Using kobans left and right or have the benefit of being one of the veterans with the biggest harems.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

That should work well, I've done that sort of thing with upgrades. Also note that if you do it with upgrades, you will also do well with money spent. Aiming for a top 1000 or better result when you make your move will result in net gains.

High PvP wins is definitely what everyone can try for. If a player keeps their stats to max, buys all the relevant equipment upgrades that naturally come in the market with the occasional 10x Great Pachinko, at-least top 1000 position should be manageable and earlier in the game where your Mojo pool doesn't have very active players, top 100 position should be normally achievable too. However, regular Arena fights are too time consuming for a lot of people to be comfortable with.

For free players rest of the Leaderboard mostly appears to be just more trouble than they're worth. Worthy rewards are just for the top 10 positions, and for new players getting there, definitely requires months of saving. In fact, this saving can even cause a net Koban loss, as a player tends to keep on saving for months instead of aggressively competing in the contests.

2 hours ago, John 1039 said:

High PvP wins is definitely what everyone can try for. If a player keeps their stats to max, buys all the relevant equipment upgrades that naturally come in the market with the occasional 10x Great Pachinko, at-least top 1000 position should be manageable and earlier in the game where your Mojo pool doesn't have very active players, top 100 position should be normally achievable too. However, regular Arena fights are too time consuming for a lot of people to be comfortable with.

Yeah, to be top 100 in arena wins pretty much requires 16+ hours of very consistent activity every day of the week and a strong enough battle squad (or weak enough arena zone) to win nearly all those battles. The cutoff is usually somewhere between 625 and 675 wins for 100th place, or 90-ish wins per day. Top 1000 is a lot more doable at 250-300 wins, but to be honest the top 1000 rewards are kinda worthless as an incentive at only double of what any active player gets.

2 hours ago, John 1039 said:

For free players rest of the Leaderboard mostly appears to be just more trouble than they're worth. Worthy rewards are just for the top 10 positions, and for new players getting there, definitely requires months of saving. In fact, this saving can even cause a net Koban loss, as a player tends to keep on saving for months instead of aggressively competing in the contests.

Agreed. Contests are where early-game and/or free players should focus their efforts.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

Probably level up as quickly as possible. Outside of ToF Leaderboard, all rewards gradually increase with increasing level. Greater the koban rewards, greater would be the chance to obtain all event drops. However, leveling up becomes increasingly difficult with time and additionally, players will probably find themselves among more competitive player pools. This takes a lot of effort and grinding but overall it should be worth it.

5 hours ago, dummyhunter said:

thanks for the replies guys

what about the late game? what do you guys aim for? 

late game like when you maxed out XP?

dunno, since the beginning of time it was lifted from lvl 40 to lvl 100 now to lvl 400....