Second Chance Event Discussion 

NotBlueNeon

Looking at revival fight counts, around 100-110 fights is very good luck to get 100 shards, around 150 fights is the worst luck reported, and around 125 is average luck.
I have done 119 fights and collected 55 shards, so will need around 200 fights to get to the finish with the first girl... around the end of the fourth day? :)

10 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Looking at revival fight counts, around 100-110 fights is very good luck to get 100 shards, around 150 fights is the worst luck reported, and around 125 is average luck.
I have done 119 fights and collected 55 shards, so will need around 200 fights to get to the finish with the first girl... around the end of the fourth day? :)

Eh I think you have your numbers slightly wrong. Kinkoid said that on average, people can get both girls in classic and revival events without the use of refills. So basically if you haven't gotten a girl by your 120th fight, you're pretty much behind the average (5 days * 48)/2. I often seem to be part of this group.

Edited by Lhans

18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Looking at revival fight counts, around 100-110 fights is very good luck to get 100 shards

So sad that these days, 100-110 fights to get a girl is already considered as "very good" luck.

Basically nobody came under 100 without a full girl drop (maybe one case of 98 fights). And that's not so bad, just two days of free fights.
In the old system one of my most boring 12-day events was the one where I got the first girl on the first day and the second at the start of the second day.  So basically I had an 11-day wait for the event to end. If the new system gives me 4 days of something to do during revivals (one day in reserve) and around 8 days during events (4 days in reserve), it's not so bad.
The other end, when I seem to need 8 days during a 5-day event, is not as fantastic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaybee said:

In the old system one of my most boring 12-day events was the one where I got the first girl on the first day and the second at the start of the second day.  So basically I had an 11-day wait for the event to end. 

I want those boring events back. I could use those extra days to gain money, affection items, and extra girls (when a new zone comes out).

Edited by Lhans

Yes, we have to campaign the devs for better full drop chances. What was it before - around 1%, right? It's not quite 0.1% now but seems to be much less than 0.5% - maybe around 0.2% chance?
I would say around 1% for revivals and 0.75% for ordinary events would be good.
I agree that epic and legendary days can be more of a "spend kobans to get to 100" event, not "let's wait for the lucky drop". They can keep the full drop chance at 0.1% there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Basically nobody came under 100 without a full girl drop (maybe one case of 98 fights). And that's not so bad, just two days of free fights.
In the old system one of my most boring 12-day events was the one where I got the first girl on the first day and the second at the start of the second day.  So basically I had an 11-day wait for the event to end. If the new system gives me 4 days of something to do during revivals (one day in reserve) and around 8 days during events (4 days in reserve), it's not so bad.
The other end, when I seem to need 8 days during a 5-day event, is not as fantastic.

hahaha i actually got nicole last night already, not 100 shards in one go, but a rather high shard drop rate + number

12 hours ago, jaybee said:

I just quickly browsed the shard drop topic, I think 155 fights was the worst result for a revival. I am sure there have been unluckier cases reported elsewhere.

Well excuse me for breaking your data but i did close to 250 maybe a bit more for Spring Lola and 2x40 dry spins practically rendered 2days of free combativity irrelevent. Spend some kobans on her even though i didnt want hwr much, cause it would have been a waste to stand on 90shards...

Wow, 160 fights and 63 shards after three days :o Five days will not be enough to get one girl from this revival, I cannot even start with the second.
But at least the test server climbed to 91 shards, no longer mimicking the incredibly shitty luck.

I still think the only way to fight this streak (very bad drop rate + very bad shard count from those few drops) is to increase the revival chances of a 100-shard drop back to 1%. This would mean that players hit by the bad luck would have very good chances of getting a full drop by the third or fourth day and 150-200 fights. The 60+ flowers they get would act as consolation.

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Wow, 160 fights and 63 shards after three days :o Five days will not be enough to get one girl from this revival, I cannot even start with the second.
But at least the test server climbed to 91 shards, no longer mimicking the incredibly shitty luck.

I still think the only way to fight this streak (very bad drop rate + very bad shard count from those few drops) is to increase the revival chances of a 100-shard drop back to 1%. This would mean that players hit by the bad luck would have very good chances of getting a full drop by the third or fourth day and 150-200 fights. The 60+ flowers they get would act as consolation.

They wont. You have your progress saved for next year. It will be easier then.

For those who continue. My club did a clean-up around 2 months ago, throwing out 80% of players who were dead.
I start seeing the same die-out rate in the current membership. Two months ago they were active enough to search for a club that suddenly had free slots and join. Then a few of them complain about not getting shards and more than 80% die out. "Try again next year" is not an encouraging factor for players to stay in a collection game that tries its best to make the main feature as frustrating as possible.

9 minutes ago, jaybee said:

For those who continue. My club did a clean-up around 2 months ago, throwing out 80% of players who were dead.
I start seeing the same die-out rate in the current membership. Two months ago they were active enough to search for a club that suddenly had free slots and join. Then a few of them complain about not getting shards and more than 80% die out. "Try again next year" is not an encouraging factor for players to stay in a collection game that tries its best to make the main feature as frustrating as possible.

Eh from what I hear, on "average" it's easier to get girls. 

5 minutes ago, dummyhunter said:

Mind you, we could get a rotation next year, and the shards would then only be useful if you get the girls in pachinko.

Yep. Then the following year or the year after that. At least you got your progress saved, you could see your completion progress all the time now. We got all the time in the world as someone said before. Kinkoid lowered our drop chances for that but our new system average for getting girls is lower. I wonder how many kobans those crazy guys spent to drive the old system average so low. 

I got both girls in the first 2 days with refills.

• Nicole 81 fights. 53 shards then a 100 drop so she was on course for 155 fights.
  • Pooky 117 fights. Took me 22 fights to get the last 8.

So 272: 5 days + 20 carry over from the rest day + 1 refill would have done it.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, jaybee said:

I don't think I've posted any of my results lately, but I've had a few results from both my actual account and test accounts of Revival girls running over 200 attacks.

The ~154 number per girl I've put forth in other threads is a pretty average amount for revivals. It seems like generally you get 1 girl in 110-150 and then the other will take like 150-180, putting you close to that ~308 total attack number for both +/- 30 or 40 attacks in either direction.

EDIT: I'm doing pretty well this revival, but wont be posting those results til it's done. In the mean time here are the Spring Revival Events results (Virginia/Lola across 3 accounts).

revival part 1.png

revival part 2.png

revival part 3 and totals.png

Edited by pitythefool

Welp just finished 'A Second Chance' events boss girls. Pretty great RNG all throughout aside from that 0-16 start on Nicole and a couple other small lulls in the action.

Helps make up for my moderately below average luck during the Epic Days event.

112 attacks for Nicole, 86 for Pooky, 198 attacks overall. Shard rate was above 15%

a second chance results.png

Random is as random goes.

First revival event for me when I get both girls with free combat points, with a day to spare. Unbelievable luck, with two girls out of 2 spins of Event Pachinko as well - no Tachibana for me, no kobans left for another go at Pachinko.

The revival daily missions rewards, though, is a big letdown. With the new power of rainbow legendaries, epics are essentially useless now. These rewards could just be cash as of now - so the special design and look of the items is kinda wasted on items that nobody will equip now. I feel they could introduce some randomness as well in the rewards, maybe by including at least one legendary with a random roll, and the other items randomly rolling as well - boosters/gifts. At least something that could be used, rather than just cash equivalents.

Finally got the first girl on the fifth day after 212 fights.
The average drop rate wasn't that bad - 19 drops means 9% - but it also means 5 shards per drop. Looks pretty decent but with revivals pretty decent screws you completely.
All you need is a slightly below average drop rate (9% instead of 10%) and a 5-shard average ratio and you go over 200 fights, meaning 4 full days of fights for one girl.

In other words - if you are unlucky during revivals, you are completely fucked. 5 days and 250 fights will not give you even one girl.
If you have decent luck, you are just screwed - you need 4 full days for one girl.
Normal luck means you need around 3 days for one girl.
If you are a superlucky bastard (meaning: you are superlucky with the drop rate that is over 10% AND superlucky with the shard rate in each drop, meaning over 6 average), you need around 2-2.5 days and have a decent chance of getting two girls for free.

So when Kinkoid says you can get both girls for free during revivals, it means you need to be superlucky during five days and 250 fights.

I still think that the easiest way to fix this - the 100-shard full drop rate has to be raised to 1% for revivals only. So 250 fights give you a pretty decent chance to get at least one girl with a full drop. That leaves room for normal/decent/unlucky luck with the drop/shard rate.

Edited by jaybee
  • Like 1