2 days until my next contest?

Hawkin

I dont know if there is a glitch because of DST, but I got my rewards for yesterday's co tests and now have to wait 2 days for the next set. I tried logging out and logging back in, and it still says 1 day 22 hr until contests refresh

42 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

I dont know if there is a glitch because of DST, but I got my rewards for yesterday's co tests and now have to wait 2 days for the next set. I tried logging out and logging back in, and it still says 1 day 22 hr until contests refresh

It is DST. In 2018 October's case although it says I have to wait for 1 day and 1 hour for the next contests. I actually only have to wait for 1 hour. So I guess this time you also just need to wait for 23 hours to get new contests.

57 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

but why  1 day 22 hr until contests

That I dont know. Apparently the change messed up their system somehow. I think its a reset and not all contests ended. Then in 2 days we start from 0?

5 hours ago, yoyowhan said:

And I missed an hour of earning the 1st for contest.😲

well that is "entirely your" fault because the contest ending time/contest duration was displayed correctly. (i put it into apostrophes because i know how things go. you're used to something that suddenly changes, maybe you don't even live in the european union so how would you know, and so on... technically still at least not kinkoid's fault because again the ending time/duration was displayed correctly)

Edited by Habi

1 hour ago, Habi said:

well that is "entirely your" fault because the contest ending time/contest duration was displayed correctly. (i put it into apostrophes because i know how things go. you're used to something that suddenly changes, maybe you don't even live in the european union so how would you know, and so on... technically still at least not kinkoid's fault because again the ending time/duration was displayed correctly)

I also missed it. I would have appreciated a notice or something, but I know I can’t blame anyone for this.

Whenever there's a DST, there's people getting screwed by it 😂

True story; a good friend of mine missed out on a great job, because he forgot about DST and was an hour late for the job interview on monday more than a day later, because he forgot to change his alarm.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/31/2019 at 2:58 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Summer time started. There's no such thing as winter time. It's summer time and time.

I see you are wearing your friendly cap again. I am truely sorry my dear George. In my language, we do say wintertime. It appears in English this is not the case. I do not know what came over me. It is not now, and will never be, my intention to rape or abuse your glorious language in any such way.

Anyways.

Time to carry on. 

10 hours ago, DHarry said:

I see you are wearing your friendly cap again. I am truely sorry my dear George. In my language, we do say wintertime. It appears in English this is not the case. I do not know what came over me. It is not now, and will never be, my intention to rape or abuse your glorious language in any such way.

Anyways.

Time to carry on. 

no, it's just as wrong in Dutch :p
it's a term used by people who don't know why one time was called summer time.
it's because we moved the clock an hour forward for the summer.
after that we have to switch the clock back again.
not because it's winter, but because that's the actual time; standard time.
hence why our timezone is called CET (Centraal Europese Tijd) and not CEWT.
it's very bad habit to integrate a word often used, even if it's completely wrong, and we shouldn't promote such silly behaviour.
please refrain from using it ever!
it will also make the "choice" a lot easier.
anyway, this nonsense will stop once we finally get rid of this totally redundant thing.

Wintertijd, wintertijd, wintertijd. Live with it. I know why we do it, no need to explain. It is just a normal word in Dutch. All languages are loaded with words that dont make sense, like Pineapple. Which is not an apple and doesnt grow on pines. That doesnt make people who use the word wrong or silly. 

Please refrain from such silly judgemental behaviour in the future. It is counterproductive.

Ultimately we do agree on one thing at least. Its nonsense and stupid the EU postponed cancelling it altogetger.