Too many tickets for champions...

Peterminator

I hope so, DHarry, because, I insist, is not a matter of patience, my main concern is about the presence of the tickets in the villains because, if almost everyone doesn't care about stock to infinity tickets, right now every villain have 3 possible rewards: money, parts of a new girl and tickets, and if every reward have the same chances of appear, now is 33%, and before was of 50%. It will be very frustrating when legendary days comes and you have 97% of that new girl and instead that little 3 points you get a ticket, and that can be applied to any event, but well, be happy with those tickets, I just think there are too many or comes from too many places, just remember, too much water can drown you.

• Thinking 1

59 minutes ago, Peterminator said:

right now every villain have 3 possible rewards: money, parts of a new girl and tickets, and if every reward have the same chances of appear, now is 33%, and before was of 50%.

I can guarantee for you they don't have an equal chance of appearing. Before tickets were added, for events shards dropped roughly 10% of the time, with the bosses normal reward the other 90% (ignoring legendary gifts during legendary days). I do not expect that the tickets have reduced the chance of shards dropping but can't guarantee that because it's too new so we don't have a sufficient sample size yet. But the tickets certainly aren't appearing at the same rate as normal rewards for me so far.

If tickets were programmed as a subset of the money reward - i.e. if RNG decided your fifth fight will give a money reward, now another further RNG decides whether you'll get money or ticket - then there would be no competition with the shards.

Hopefully, this is how the feature has been implemented but it would be better to have an official confirmation for it.

In my small sample size of ~100 attempts, both the shards and tickets appear to be dropping at ~10 fights on average.

• Like 1

I am expecting that kind of hard facts too, and with that, George MTO, is even worse. In my sample does not goes so well right now. At the moment I have received 30 tickets, 3 of them from the first, and unique, daily ones; 6 more from rewards of daily quest (missions and victories in PvP), so, 21 are from the villains in, more or less, 116 battles; then by the moment that the system started to give tickets I had 3 shards from Maika, right now 52, so you could say is not so bad, but if we count the times that the shards where dropped (15, 12, 10, 6, 3, 3), only 6 times since then, the third part of the times when a ticket appear. Even if they took percentage from the money, if it is equal or bigger than the shards, we have a problem in the acquirement of the girls. In my experience, in events where are rare girls from villains, by the last day I have both of them, even with epics I happened to have them, but today I roughly have the one and a half.

• Thinking 1

51 minutes ago, Peterminator said:

In my experience, in events where are rare girls from villains, by the last day I have both of them, even with epics I happened to have them, but today I roughly have the one and a half.

This is actually the case for me as well. Currently sitting at 29/100 on the second girl with 40 free combativity to go, whereas normally I get both girls by revival's end.

53 minutes ago, Peterminator said:

I am expecting that kind of hard facts too, and with that, George MTO, is even worse. In my sample does not goes so well right now. At the moment I have received 30 tickets, 3 of them from the first, and unique, daily ones; 6 more from rewards of daily quest (missions and victories in PvP), so, 21 are from the villains in, more or less, 116 battles; then by the moment that the system started to give tickets I had 3 shards from Maika, right now 52, so you could say is not so bad, but if we count the times that the shards where dropped (15, 12, 10, 6, 3, 3), only 6 times since then, the third part of the times when a ticket appear. Even if they took percentage from the money, if it is equal or bigger than the shards, we have a problem in the acquirement of the girls. In my experience, in events where are rare girls from villains, by the last day I have both of them, even with epics I happened to have them, but today I roughly have the one and a half.

Seems like you somewhere missed the math. Before tickets you had x% chance to get the shard and 100-x to get money. In event it was like x to get girl, y to get affection item and 100-x-y % to get money. If they changed like we think and in the way you hope so, then your lower drops are just concidences beacuse the new formula would look like this:
x to get a shard and 100-x to get anyithing else. Then you only divide the 100-x to 2 (or in event 3) part like y to get aff item and a new, z part to get tickets. But this doesnt affect your x% chance to get shards.
And if your bad luck is gonna stay permament and happen with others too then we can say that they dragged down all chances and our hopes were bad.

• Like 1

While I am having extremely bad luck at the revival too, the mostly pre-ticket drop rate of shards was 6-10% and the drop rate after tickets started appearing has been 14% (mostly 1-3 shards, so the high drop rate has been disastrous anyway - but that's another issue).
Yeah, too early to say anything definitive but initially I have not seen signs of tickets replacing shard drops.

I rather accumulate the tickets because even as maybe one of the end game players that still plays for free. These champions get tougher after awhile. Remember, this game is a marathon not a 100 yard dash sprint. Pace yourself and you'll never get bored of this game.

That said... dang I need to level up the rest of my harem now. LOOK OUT MARKET!!!! I'm buying ALL your books!

• Haha 1

Last revival is an outlier for me as well. 1 girl and 23 shards on the second with free combat points. Usually I'll get both (my worst was 85+ shards on the second girl).

Maybe it's just bad RNG, or the champion ticket is really affecting shard drops.

Let's see how a 12 day event compares to previous ones (have got both girls without fail with free points since the start of the shard system).

3 minutes ago, BBQ69 said:

I don't think I'll ever use up all my tickets and I haven't spent anything on it.  I do 2-3x daily

The feature hasn't even been out a week yet, and the bosses will increase in strength as you level them up. You'll run out soon enough.

Yes, this event will show us if the tickets get in the way of the shards. Right now I have 37 shards of the rare girl after 116 used fist points, I hope after tomorrow get the girl to start with the epic one. At the moment I can use 2 tickets per day, and still I'm not having trouble with the champions, but I expect to have it until the third one, so will be around one month without receiving the free tickets, that would be better than the ones that appear in the villains, but almost everyone are happy with that... But well, time will speak.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:54 AM, Peterminator said:

...and more important, instead of earning a part of a new girl in the villains, I earn a ticket, and in the events that could be the diference between a new girl and a useless percentage.

My only concern with Champions is that it reduces an already anemic system for procuring girls. I have been farming Plain of Rituals for all three girls, while almost having completed Ninja Sacred Lands' storyline, and I now have tickets popping up to further reduce a rate of progress that can politely be referred to as "painful".

Suggestion: Add controls to the game that allow players to specify focus for types of participation. Ex: When doing Adventures, set that you are after A: Money B: Girls C: Tickets D: Special items provided by boss

18 hours ago, Chrystoph said:

My only concern with Champions is that it reduces an already anemic system for procuring girls. I have been farming Plain of Rituals for all three girls, while almost having completed Ninja Sacred Lands' storyline, and I now have tickets popping up to further reduce a rate of progress that can politely be referred to as "painful".

Suggestion: Add controls to the game that allow players to specify focus for types of participation. Ex: When doing Adventures, set that you are after A: Money B: Girls 😄 Tickets 😧 Special items provided by boss

i dont think tickets have an effect of the other drop rates. anyways u need alot of them later. check my screenshot in the champion topic. i think it were around 24-28 fight to bet him. he has 12m ego

18 hours ago, [CNO] BananaJoy said:

i dont think tickets have an effect of the other drop rates. anyways u need alot of them later. check my screenshot in the champion topic. i think it were around 24-28 fight to bet him. he has 12m ego

They have an impact in that you can only get one result in any given iteration, meaning that any time you get a ticket is a time that you are NOT getting something else.

Regarding how many are needed at any given time, it is irrelevant to the point I am trying to make which is that putting affection in competition with tickets just makes an already brutal slog worse.

• Thinking 1

BananaJoy, I believe you, later we will need them, but the tickets are decreasing the drop rate of the girls' shards, in my experience, after two days, a rare girl must be obtained, at the moment I only have 67. About the necessity of the tickets, all we can see that they are overdoing with the tickets, just think about it, after you reach ten, the 3 free daily ones stop appearing, at this moment I can only use 2 (after tomorrow 3) and I have 56 tickets, I'm not having trouble to beat with one use the champions, in this logic, using 3 daily I will need 16 days to earn the free daily again, then, I will be losing 48 tickets, almost the same that I have right now after a week of the start of this new feature. Even if I start losing against the champions, I lost at least 21 tickets, so the tickets earned in villains are not only obstructing our way to obtain the girls' shards, they are too impeding us to get the free daily ones. I understand that is a new feature, and for that reason, I think we can express our experience with the system to improve this, by example, they can remove the tickets as rewards for fighting the villains, or remove the cap for the tickets so we can receive the free daily ones, they can even remove the wait time in order that we can use more tickets at free will. But well, the feature is on the run, I just hoping the timing wasn't so bad, cause at this rate, I don't think all of us can get the girls of the event without using more kobans.

• Thinking 2

59 minutes ago, Chrystoph said:

They have an impact in that you can only get one result in any given iteration, meaning that any time you get a ticket is a time that you are NOT getting something else ... putting affection in competition with tickets just makes an already brutal slog worse.

As of yet, we aren't sure whether tickets are in competition with shards. It is entirely possible that they compete only with the money reward. However, until an official response is provided the only thing we can do is to wait and collect enough data regarding drops to make our own conclusions.

57 minutes ago, Peterminator said:

... in my experience, after two days, a rare girl must be obtained, at the moment I only have 67.

Then you have been pretty lucky until now. In classic events, 4-6 days worth of free fights, appears to have been the average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterminator said:

BananaJoy, I believe you, later we will need them, but the tickets are decreasing the drop rate of the girls' shards, in my experience, after two days, a rare girl must be obtained, at the moment I only have 67. About the necessity of the tickets, all we can see that they are overdoing with the tickets, just think about it, after you reach ten, the 3 free daily ones stop appearing, at this moment I can only use 2 (after tomorrow 3) and I have 56 tickets, I'm not having trouble to beat with one use the champions, in this logic, using 3 daily I will need 16 days to earn the free daily again, then, I will be losing 48 tickets, almost the same that I have right now after a week of the start of this new feature. Even if I start losing against the champions, I lost at least 21 tickets, so the tickets earned in villains are not only obstructing our way to obtain the girls' shards, they are too impeding us to get the free daily ones. I understand that is a new feature, and for that reason, I think we can express our experience with the system to improve this, by example, they can remove the tickets as rewards for fighting the villains, or remove the cap for the tickets so we can receive the free daily ones, they can even remove the wait time in order that we can use more tickets at free will. But well, the feature is on the run, I just hoping the timing wasn't so bad, cause at this rate, I don't think all of us can get the girls of the event without using more kobans.

i think the system works with different pools: 1. shard pool . u get shards, no shards switch to the ticket pool - no ticket switch to the money pool (during revival there is ofc a gift pool too)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peterminator said:

You're just repeating yourself ad nauseam at this point, and your posts don't get any less wrong by this repetition.

• Like 1

Same to you, _shal_, you are just saying that I'm wrong, but without evidence, just defending the system. I'm giving my experience and data, sorry if is repeated, but is a notice on the run, I'm just updating and trying to keep alive what I'm saying, supporting everyone else who is living the same. But tell me, what's the matter with you about it? For what reason you defend the system only for the sake of doing it?

8 hours ago, Peterminator said:

Same to you, _shal_, you are just saying that I'm wrong, but without evidence, just defending the system. I'm giving my experience and data, sorry if is repeated, but is a notice on the run, I'm just updating and trying to keep alive what I'm saying, supporting everyone else who is living the same. But tell me, what's the matter with you about it? For what reason you defend the system only for the sake of doing it?

1) You clearly don't have any clue about the normal shard drop rate if you think an event girl should be dropping within two days, so your claim that ticket drops eat into the shard drop rate is not only wrong, it cannot be taken seriously to begin with. That you're this uninformed about a core premise of your argument and you don't seem to realize your ignorance at all also calls into question everything else you're trying to present as your case here.

2) Complaining that the ticket drops from everywhere else in the game (typically more than 3 per day) preclude you from obtaining the direct allotment (no more than 3 per day) is just completely stupid and generally known as "cutting off your nose to spite your face". For the most part, the 3 daily tickets are a courtesy extended towards people who are too bad at playing the game to get their tickets elsewhere.

3) The fact that you believe I'm merely "defending the system for the sake of it" rather than because you're spouting obvious nonsense further demonstrates that you simply don''t have any idea what's going on.

Maybe this game is too complex for you?

Edited by _shal_

@_shal_ It is me or your responses are refuting other people statements with too much intensity in the last days?

About the question of the tickets decreasing the shard drop rate, my experience until now is that I am getting more than the usual. e.g.: I obtained Quinn in the fourth day with only 202 battles.(the estimated battles needed for a girl in a normal event like this is about 250-300)

I will tell an analogy about the tickets for @Peterminator: Think of a bag with 1 shard and 9 coins. If you replace a coin with a ticket, would you say that the shard drop probability has decreased?

About the number of tickets used: I have today started to fight the third champion and I won but his girl started to made a bit of damage. With their huge amount of impression that means that I will need more that one battle to defeat the final champions, so in two weeks I will need more tickets thant i will earn daily.

Edited by jelom
  • Thanks 1

First of all, thank you @jelom for being so polite, and even if I repeat myself, I will like to say that I really understand that we will need a huge quantity of tickets to obtain the girls of the champions. So, to the arguments, @jelom, I think the example of the bag works only if the resources inside it are finite, in the case of the villains, are not; even we need to bear in mind that the percentage are fixed for the developers and not for the the logic that will be 33%. In my case I'm receiving, more or less, 3 tickets for 1 shard drop, and this is in a number lesser than 10, many times of only 1 shard, so, by experience I can guarantee that the tickets are messing with the shard drop or at least with my shard drop. The incorporation of a new element steals probability not only from one element, takes from both of them.

Now for @_shal_, your reply only gives more importance to what I'm saying, because you now are using arguments ad hominem, proof that you're lacking of reason. Quoting the only good thing that a certain celebrity said ("Who spends time to what he doesn't like it, is an idiot"), I'm asking you, if you think that what I'm defending cannot be taken seriously, why are you spending so much time refuting it? Leave it alone or bring hard facts, not only your opinion, if I'm saying that you can get rare girls in two days it is because in past events I got them just like that many times, is not an opinion, is a fact, I'm not criticizing the new feature for the sake of doing it, I'm doing it because in my experience that's happening. About your opinion of the free tickets, then you think that the automatic regeneration of the fist points or the energy is a courtesy to who doesn't buy kobans to play? If is it like that, then you're a just a sad pay-to-win user and that explains why you don't care if the shard drop it is decreasing, you just use the pachinko and buy the girls, even can be said that you want that, because you don't like that free players can compete with you in the ranking if they are not buying that rank, so, you want that they cannot get new girls easily or get tickets freely. @_shal_, really, not only your account matters.