Patch Notes 02/10/19 - Discussion

DvDivXXX

9 minutes ago, MCP said:

I did on Elites University. The champions poses there are a mix of at least charm and hardcore.

Just to be sure, your response was about stage 5, not stage 1, right?

(I didn't help my cause there by requesting info on two different things in the same post...)

53 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Has anyone here newly reached a stage 5 since the patch went live yesterday, i.e. completed a stage 4 within the last ~24 hours?

I've just finished the 4th battle on my current Romero cycle. Here's the preview of what Romero Stage 5 I'll face in 24 hours:

1584815901_ChampionUpdate2019-1001RomeroStage5.png.def4657cb101d7f7c0cae89016d79a3c.png

• Thanks 1

I was on the third champion boss when the patch hit, although I hadn't fought it.  It looks like the patch didn't affect the poses, because they are all charm and the boss matches 2/5. 

Between the 2/5 poses and the no defense, I might be able to see maybe three of my girls attack before the fight is over.   Prior to the patch, I would probably see seven girls fight. This "no defense" really sucks.  

PS, since the charm critical doubles defense, which is zero, does it do anything?

Edited by Gremlinking

Let me ask all you guys something slightly different: is there anyone that has effective proof that the matter of zero defence is not a bug but an intentional implement from the devs? Or, in other words, has someone been able to have a word with any dev on this particular matter?

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I've just finished the 4th battle on my current Romero cycle. Here's the preview of what Romero Stage 5 I'll face in 24 hours:

1584815901_ChampionUpdate2019-1001RomeroStage5.png.def4657cb101d7f7c0cae89016d79a3c.png

Just got to the 5th stage now~

index.jpg

Edited by BBQ69

On 10/3/2019 at 11:45 PM, Observer_X said:

Let me ask all you guys something slightly different: is there anyone that has effective proof that the matter of zero defence is not a bug but an intentional implement from the devs? Or, in other words, has someone been able to have a word with any dev on this particular matter?

I too had the 0 defense bug in my fights yesterday with the 2nd champ Whaty, but then today I started fighting the 3rd champ Matsuda again and he has defense properly, so dunno IMO the 0 defense from before is either a display bug or a real bug. In any case I reported it, but knowing how slow the Kinkoid support is (and how useless) I don't hold too much hope for it to be solved any time soon...

28 minutes ago, Venge33 said:

I too had the 0 defense bug in my fights yesterday with the 2nd champ Whaty, but then today I started fighting the 3rd champ Matsuda again and he has defense properly, so dunno IMO the 0 defense from before is either a display bug or a real bug. In any case I reported it, but knowing how slow the Kinkoid support is (and how useless) I don't hold too much hope for it to be solved any time soon...

Were you on stage 5 with both Champions?  The 0 defense bug is supposed to only affect stage 5.

As a side note, I believe I just found another bug.  I was fighting Ryu on stage 3 and got Narcissism, but instead of reducing my damage taken it increased it.  I had 23k defense and he had 52k attack and I took 54k damage.  Just did another challenge with Ryu.  Seems the bug only occurred with the charm girls with matching poses who crit.  Charm girl without matching pose worked normally.

Edited by Gambit126
New information

Murane has hit wild burst when that happens. The graphics display can't handle the case that both the player and the champion are critting on the same turn. That's all it is, a graphical glitch. Has been known since the day champions became available, since it affects Romero / Dameda as well.

Edited by _shal_

7 hours ago, Venge33 said:

" Players level 200 and beyond will no longer be sold common quality books and gifts in the Market. "

If this is true then care to explain to me what that is in the screenshot I just took and circled up with red?

hh shop bug 1.png

They always make that mistake, most likely in the coding, which most likely means it is starting from level 201.

• Like 1

Okay, I hope I spoilered everything appropriately in the image.

I had assumed that by "last stage" they meant Stage 5/5.

All the 5/5 stages I was on were there before the update, so they had the same poses as before the update. However, when I started Beyond Garden stage 7, which means I only have Albane left to win, I noticed that on stage 0, the poses were from KH, Charm, and HC, instead of just charm like I had expected.

So did they mean "when you only have one reward left to win" when they said "last stage?"

I feel like sometimes you have to read the patch notes sideways.

Whatever, I'm not complaining. Beyond Garden was getting TEDIOUS and this way at least I can do some extra damage with HC and survive a bit longer with KH's harmony effects instead of just charms defense boost.

screen shot.jpg

Yesterday, I've finally beaten Romero on the broken Stage 5 I showed here earlier on. It was by far the hardest and longest champion fight I had so far, between having 0 defense, his first pose matching his girl, and most other poses being Charm (aka useless in that setting).

Now here's his next Stage 1 I'm facing now:

299856760_ChampionUpdate2019-1002RomeroStage1.png.2a76fa6b74731e3274b4aaafa83f4d78.png

1 KH, 2 CH and 2 HC, so the selection definitely uses the same new rules as for Stage 5. However, Defense works normally, at least (and is based on his class, as usual). It's still inconvenient compared to the other stages which kept the former rules, but it's far less punishing than the new Stage 5 (this specific selection is also better, but that's just luck).

I'm impressed to still have a duplicate pose when he's drawing out of 12 poses for each.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I've noticed some (positive) changes for both Stage 1 and Stage 5. I didn't see any news, thread or patch notes on this, so I'll post it here, as these are changes to things that were introduced by the patch this thread is about.

Stage 1:

447339018_ChampionUpdate2019-1003RomeroStage1.thumb.png.2520e3856e9e912e3b8ecfdfbe107bbf.png

The bug appears to have been fixed, and the pose selection only picks from the champion's class again.

Stage 5:

1816243944_ChampionUpdate2019-1004WhatyStage5A.thumb.png.589669bd0eb42ff75407bcc549d886cb.png

Although the no-entry sign is still shown on the draft screen, indicating that the champion has no personal primary stat bonus for this battle...

1026717190_ChampionUpdate2019-1005WhatyStage5B.thumb.png.ad8cd0c4654e9ce7780104fcea585ef8.png

During the battle itself, instead of both having 0 defense, it now seems to work as follows:

• The player gets defense based on the specialty of the champion's class (here, HC for Whaty)
  • The champion gets defense based on the specialty of his girl's class (here, KH for Lissa)
  • EDIT: It occurred to me that the above might also mean the champion's defense is just based on the player's class instead (I'm KH as well)

This is a great improvement over having a defense value of 0 on each side, and a nice improvement for this feature, I think. So, thanks for this update, Kinkoid! :)

Edited by DvDivXXX
additional info
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

You only found this out just now? This was fixed 1.5 weeks ago 🤔

Really? :D Well, I only do one champ stage a day (most days, sometimes none) and I alternate between two of them, so I guess that's how long my cycle is. I'm still thankful for those changes.

Was it posted anywhere? Not that it would have been easy to spot in the sea of "can't get Mizuki" dupe threads... Or perhaps just mentioned on Discord/Patreon/other places I don't look? I just didn't hear about it until I noticed it today.

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Really? :D Well, I only do one champ stage a day (most days, sometimes none) and I alternate between two of them, so I guess that's how long my cycle is. I'm still thankful for those changes.

Was it posted anywhere? Not that it would have been easy to spot in the sea of "can't get Mizuki" dupe threads... Or perhaps just mentioned on Discord/Patreon/other places I don't look? I just didn't hear about it until I noticed it today.

Kinkoid has a habit of fixing and changing small things unannounced. All of these are patched on wednesdays. Anyway, I am not sure it was actually said somewhere here. I have seen a lot of comments about it, but I can't be bothered to look if there was any on the forum 😂

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, DvDivXXX said:

23 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Kinkoid has a habit of fixing and changing small things unannounced. All of these are patched on wednesdays. Anyway, I am not sure it was actually said somewhere here. I have seen a lot of comments about it, but I can't be bothered to look if there was any on the forum 😂

I may be wrong, but, as far as I know, @DvDivXXX was the first to report (at least in an extensive manner) the fixing of that bugs. I have to thank him for the report, because since I decided to give a couple of shots at the champions only every few levels of experience that I gain in the game, my next shot won't probably take place until the next month, and for this reason, without @DvDivXXX report, I wouldn't have discovered the fixing until then.

Apart from that, I thank God for the fact that the devs have decided to fix those horrible bugs and I am doubly grateful that I didn't have to face phases 1 and 5 of the champions before the bugfix.

• Like 1