Now the event is over, the multiplier stack bug explained

spinnie

Now that the event has run its course, I think it's safe to fully explain what has been happening to people's games

Since the event started, it has been possible to stack every power up infinitly. During the event, the game version went from 1.4.6 to 1.5.8 but this bug was not fixed during the entire event.

So what did this bug do exactly. Suppose you used Mojo Energizer combined with Manly Sweat and Exciting Flirt every time all 3 where up. And every time you activated them, you swapped to the "other game". So if you used the power ups on the main game, you would swap to the event game until they ran out. And vice versa, if you used them in the event game, you swapped to your main game till they ran out.

This would cause the powerup not to get disabled. In affect, you would stack multiplier upon multiplier till you either logged out, or refreshed / restarted your browser.

In numbers. For my game, my base multipliers for idle are x8, and for cash x10. Energized Manly Sweat gives x4.5 idle and Exiciting Flirt gives x5. So it would stack up like this in 2.5 hours after 5 power uses :

Idle   Cash
x8     x10
x36    x50
x162   x250
x729   x1250
x3280  x6250
x14760 x31250

As you can clearly see, this completly breaks the game.

This bug only happened if you had a powerup running in the game you *where not* looking at, and it ran out. It couldn't deactivate the actual multiplier for some reason. If you used your powerups and watched the game they *where* running in when they ran out, it would work as intended. I suppose it also worked for the click power ups, but lets be honest, who clicks, idle is by far the stronger choice.

This allowed people to not only complete the event very quickly, but it also made it possible to get to crazy stages in the main game, like 10000+, which was clearly not intended yet, evident by the lack of girls at 9000+ and the lack of contacts passed 10200.

I hope this clears up confusion currently among some players.

At the moment, without an "event game", it appears no longer possible to trigger the bug. But only the devs would be able to confirm if it's fixed or not for any future events like this.

• Like 4

Incidentally, it also leads to people having a very high minimum reset stage. If you reached a way too high office stage, but you lack the support of the girl perks, it becomes a complete drag to get to the reset stage. Those people shot themselves (unknowingly) in the foot. To be honest, the best course if action is to fix the event set everybody back to before the event, and rerun a now bugless event.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Incidentally, it also leads to people having a very high minimun reset stage. If you reached a way too high office stage, but you lack the support of the girl perks, it becomes a complete drag to get to the reset stage. Those people shot themselves (unknowingly) in the foot. To be honest, the best course if action is to fix the event set everybody back to before the event, and rerun a now bugless event.

That's never gonna happen.

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Incidentally, it also leads to people having a very high minimun reset stage. If you reached a way too high office stage, but you lack the support of the girl perks, it becomes a complete drag to get to the reset stage.

It's even worse for me. I let it run overnight at 10 levels per second... reset somewhere around 420,000. My new minimum is 242,189. Unfortunately at this level the mojo you get is so high its not a number, it becomes undefined, and resetting gets you 0 affection. I've submitted a ticket asking them to reset my minimum level and all they said was thanks for your feedback. I'm waiting to hear back from them again but it's going on day 4 now and I think I'm gonna quit if they don't help.

On another note I think there's something wrong with excitement, you can see in Dunatran's screenshot it takes 667.44E3 excitement to level up, it seems like scaling got messed up somehow and it's boosting both idle excitement (and click but who cares about click?) and the amount needed to level to exponential levels super fast. At least I believe so, I don't think it used to take that much to reach that level.

3 hours ago, spinnie said:

During the event, the game version went from 1.4.6 to 1.5.8

If only they still released patch notes, anyone know why they stopped?

Edited by Taorin
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Incidentally, it also leads to people having a very high minimun reset stage. If you reached a way too high office stage, but you lack the support of the girl perks, it becomes a complete drag to get to the reset stage. Those people shot themselves (unknowingly) in the foot. To be honest, the best course if action is to fix the event set everybody back to before the event, and rerun a now bugless event.

Considering how long it was a thing, and people spend real money on the game during it, maybe got a girl in the gacha etc, a rollback at this point off such magnitude would probally be a bad idea.

However, at the very least a reset of whatever keeps track off our current highest stage would be nice. That way everyone can reforge, and whatever level they do it at will be their new base for future reforges.

edit, typo

Edited by spinnie
  • Like 4

Oh, geez, I literally did this constantly for the duration of the event.  I would go to the "Office," activate Mojo Energizer, Manly Sweat and Exciting Flirt, then go to the event and activate the same three, and then a half hour later, do the same thing again.  I was wondering why I was progressing so fast; I thought that was a good thing.  Now I'm at a complete standstill, waiting for a forge reset that's over stage 7200.

Maybe the devs could just reduce everyone's forge reset stage by a percentage, across the board.  I could easily get to, say 60% of that figure.  So a percentage change like that, rather than, say, a straight numerical reduction, might fix it for those who experienced the bug, while not causing outrageous changes for those who didn't.

It worked for every Power except the Neptunes Touch. If you stacked the Mojo Blast every 20th click would get multiplied by 20 -> 400 -> 8000 -> 160K -> 3.2M and so on. So you needed only 20 Clicks to defeat every Boss within seconds. So leveling Mizuki and the girls that boost everything Click-related was worth it for a change.

I'm glad that my progress stopped at ~10K without knowing about the bug and my actual reset stage is at 6030 and reachable...
But a reset of the reset stage would be a good thing for those who have higher values,
getting 6500 even takes a day and 7000 would take a week or longer - even with most girls affection leveled to get the idle boosters
and crafts values at 410

That event bug actually revealed much about crafts in the game balance too.. Crafts don’t actually means much (if anything) without the multipliers. 

They aren't really relevant against the multipliers. 

For example, the formulas that we once had officially was this:

Total Excitement (idle) = (BaseExcitementIdle + AllExcitementIdleFlat + ClassExcitementIdleFlat) * (1 + AllExcitementIdlePercentage + ClassExcitementIdlePercentage)

this was the official formula before the new balance.

After some test I found our current formula is more like:

Total Excitement (idle) = (Base Idle + Flat Idle + Class Idle) * (Percentage bonus +Class percentage bonus)/100 * (The Multipliers)

I tried this formula with my own numbers:

20103665_Semttulo.png.46cec098199c7f403380e1f34535bf14.png

Base Idle> Irrelevant (it's the 100 per second we started with)  Idle Flat: 494,82 D7 Class idle: None

Base Percentage bonus: 73,60K%     Base Multiplier: x8

Class Percentage Bonus: (in the Example HC): 86,60K%  Class Multiplier: x3

Total Excitement (idle) = (NA + 494,82 D7 +NA) * (73,60K%  86,60K%)/100 * (x3 x 😎

Idle = 494,82D7 * (160,20K%)/100 * (x3x8)

Idle = 792.701,64 D7 * (24) = 19.024.839,36 D7 or 19,024D9 = 19,03 D9 Aprox.

This match perfectly with the number I have:

1765214671_Semttulo2.png.ff880a3f40aef1e7fec2830e1ae0e994.png

But what I started to see was the real meaning of those numbers.

Yeah, they do make some difference and all, but not to a real extent. my crafts Level are 410 due to one day of the bug. 435 on Idle specifically.

But before the bug I had them at 225~250 which earned me 44,5K~51K% of percentage bonus.

My advance level was not far from 5.800 (using bunny)

now, after all this, a whole day (using bunny) gets me to 6.000.

The difference, after resetting 4.000 levels above, is just a 200 level gap.

The same formula with my old numbers would leave me with:

Total Excitement (idle) = (NA + 494,82 D7 +NA) * (44,5K%  51K%)/100 * (x3 x 😎

Idle = 494,82D7 * (160,20K%)/100 * (x3x8)

Idle = 472,553,1 D7 * (24) = 11.341.274,4 D7 or 11,34D9 

I can see an adv ance? Yes. 

But normally, it would take ages of resetting to reach my actual charm levels. And to what point? A point where people who have Finalmecia with her x10 Idle multiplier would surpass in like... some days of grinding affection:

The same values with finalmecia x10 bonus:

After Bug: 792.701,64 D7 * (3*8*10) = 190,25D9 

Before Bug: Idle = 472,553,1 D7 * (3*8*10) = 113,4D9

What's the point of Playing actively a game that only favors real advance with the multipliers? with setting like this newcomer would NEVER finish an event... even with boosters (x3)

• Thanks 3

On 11/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, Taorin said:

On another note I think there's something wrong with excitement, you can see in Dunatran's screenshot it takes 667.44E3 excitement to level up, it seems like scaling got messed up somehow and it's boosting both idle excitement (and click but who cares about click?) and the amount needed to level to exponential levels super fast. At least I believe so, I don't think it used to take that much to reach that level.

That excitement number matches the formula values I derived before the event, so if it's been changed it must have happened longer ago than that.

17 hours ago, Fern109 said:

That event bug actually revealed much about crafts in the game balance too.. Crafts don’t actually means much (if anything) without the multipliers. 

They aren't really relevant against the multipliers. 

That didn't really require the event bug to recognize, though. It's inherent in the fact that the craft levels provide additive upgrades while the game difficulty increases exponentially. (As does the level-up cost, though that's not relevant to the basic issue.)

Take a craft item that starts at +100% and increases by 150 percentage points for every level.

The first level-up gets you from +100% (= 2x base amount) to +250% (= 3.5x base amount), i.e. the effect gets almost doubled (3.5 / 2 = 1.75 = 75% more).

The 101st level-up gets you from +15100% (= 152x base amount) to +15250% (= 153.5x base amount), a barely noticeable improvement (153.5 / 152 = 1.0099 = 0.99% more).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

That didn't really require the event bug to recognize, though. It's inherent in the fact that the craft levels provide additive upgrades while the game difficulty increases exponentially. (As does the level-up cost, though that's not relevant to the basic issue.)

Yeah. We indeed didn't need. But the real motive I exposed this was related to the event. 

The event tried an approach of creating a different set of crafts. But with this set. We can actually observe how the game works totally against this strategy

If we consider this to be a solid system for a 'year long game'. It's actually a moderate system. Not good but not bad. If we receive more girls and more perks. The multipliers starts to work and creates a much better stat. Since the multiplier aren't added (like x3 + x8 wasn't x11 but x24) the crafts system is somewhat suited for a bigger picture. 

But.. to create an event based on creating new crafts and upgrade them... we either see that the devs didn't understand how broken is their event... or they didn't understand their own formulas functioning. Which makes for a broken parameter. 

By analysing this event. We learned:

- That the current event model doesn't work at all for newcomers with low multipliers

- That the strategy of playing daily and resetting for different mojo crafts for an event... is irrelevant and illogical as it is (Remembering. A dev always should welcome new players)

- we saw the roof of the actual improvements. Yeah. I knew. You knew. We all knew that the crafts were lame. But to which extent? The game was supposed to end at 10.000 as it was stated on last patch. 

But the mojo you gain there isn't really worth your efforts of a normal 2-3 month grind to reach max level. Because it only and solely favors 'multipliers' which are acquired from playing idle.. just waiting for affection. 

The real point why I put this here and not in a new topic (maybe saying how furious I'm for finally stating the obvious) was because we actually should observe more the games formulas to understand where the event concept failed miserably. 

For example. A better use of this same ideia of an event would be having daily quests for you to receive an event only multiplier. Things like. "reset 8 times and gain x10 till end of event" 

"gives 100 affection to girl ans receive x5 in that girl stat" 

P.s: edit: this were much more suited to be discussed at the event threas... but that thread got closed due to aggressive behavior of some dude

Edited by Fern109
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Fern109 said:

Yeah. We indeed didn't need. But the real motive I exposed this was related to the event. 

The event tried an approach of creating a different set of crafts. But with this set. We can actually observe how the game works totally against this strategy

If we consider this to be a solid system for a 'year long game'. It's actually a moderate system. Not good but not bad. If we receive more girls and more perks. The multipliers starts to work and creates a much better stat. Since the multiplier aren't added (like x3 + x8 wasn't x11 but x24) the crafts system is somewhat suited for a bigger picture. 

But.. to create an event based on creating new crafts and upgrade them... we either see that the devs didn't understand how broken is their event... or they didn't understand their own formulas functioning. Which makes for a broken parameter. 

By analysing this event. We learned:

- That the current event model doesn't work at all for newcomers with low multipliers

- That the strategy of playing daily and resetting for different mojo crafts for an event... is irrelevant and illogical as it is (Remembering. A dev always should welcome new players)

- we saw the roof of the actual improvements. Yeah. I knew. You knew. We all knew that the crafts were lame. But to which extent? The game was supposed to end at 10.000 as it was stated on last patch. 

But the mojo you gain there isn't really worth your efforts of a normal 2-3 month grind to reach max level. Because it only and solely favors 'multipliers' which are acquired from playing idle.. just waiting for affection. 

The real point why I put this here and not in a new topic (maybe saying how furious I'm for finally stating the obvious) was because we actually should observe more the games formulas to understand where the event concept failed miserably. 

For example. A better use of this same ideia of an event would be having daily quests for you to receive an event only multiplier. Things like. "reset 8 times and gain x10 till end of event" 

"gives 100 affection to girl ans receive x5 in that girl stat" 

P.s: edit: this were much more suited to be discussed at the event threas... but that thread got closed due to aggressive behavior of some dude

I see no reason we can't continue the discussion here, or one of us can make a new thread.  I hadn't even thought about doing things like achievements and a reward with multiplier bonuses.  I like that more than my own idea for original girls for the event with different perks.  Less Resources would need to be used to do something like an achievement system (no need to make new girls for an event or figure out which girls will appear in the event).

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

I see no reason we can't continue the discussion here

Maybe I was just being paranoid . if we start to give some sugestion than we had better move. 

But yeah. I had the ideia just before writing the post. And seems a really good one to solve the 'newcomers friendly" problem 

But the exclusive event girls and perks would be outrageously difficult.. they made a giant bug with just a different window for the event. Don't even wanna imagine the huge fail they could achieve with more work load like this...

The only I know is: I reached level 2000, onde day to end the event, but with no way to make the counter goes faster. It was taking literally hours to level 1999 to fill up. And I had to make stage 2k in seconds... Never in a milion years.
So, yes, I had to give up on getting Abrael.

As I had to give up having Mizuki on HH, because I had reset when the event started, and could reach level 3k one day later.

Better luck next time...

On 11/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, vulcano@mail.com said:

The only I know is: I reached level 2000, onde day to end the event, but with no way to make the counter goes faster. It was taking literally hours to level 1999 to fill up. And I had to make stage 2k in seconds... Never in a milion years.
So, yes, I had to give up on getting Abrael.

As I had to give up having Mizuki on HH, because I had reset when the event started, and could reach level 3k one day later.

Better luck next time...

As far as I know, you should still be able to get Mizuki for HH.  Your main game reset has nothing to do with the event reset, and you should be granted mizuki once you hit level 3000.  I don't recall a time limit being put in place to get her.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, Kinkoid said:

We will work to reset the Forge of the ones impacted by the bug.

That's great,  what are the ways to notify support that I've been impacted by it?

I've tried writing an e-mail about it, but it wasn't delivered - with a message "554 5.7.1 <support@hentaiclicker.com>: Relay access denied". Not sure what that means. 

Is it possible that this was taken into account when balancing the event? I was unable to get the girl. Actually I was unable to get the prize before her too. And I never used these so maybe that is why?

edit: what I mean is that during playtesting for balance purposes that bug was encountered but not realized it was a bug.

Edited by mrttao

On 11/12/2019 at 5:55 AM, Kinkoid said:

Any idea when this will happen?  My last forge reset was nearly five days ago.  My progress toward it is so slow that the previous one took a week.  I'm not building up enough cash to level up my charms in any significant way, and I basically can't get any new perk bonuses without grinding away for days on end.

Now here's the kicker: I'm not usually one to complain about the devs' work, but was a new version released with new girls, but no fix for this problem?  There are new girls on the background screen.  Next harem girl at 9000, but it takes me a week just to get to a forum reset at a little over 7200?  Sorry, but I can't see staying with this game for that long.

On 11/12/2019 at 3:55 AM, Kinkoid said:

On 11/15/2019 at 9:50 AM, n1ck said:

That's great,  what are the ways to notify support that I've been impacted by it?

On 11/17/2019 at 8:15 AM, EdMuse said:

Any idea when this will happen?

I'm also wondering when this might happen, and whether we'll need to ask to be included in it or if it should just automatically know which accounts to adjust or what.

• 2 weeks later...