Booster droprate data collection thread

Z-Wave

Hello guys,

TLDR: Please post how many boosters of one rarity type (common, rare, epic or legendary) you have in your inventory. Only post numbers of boosters if you haven't bought, sold or used any of the same rarity in a long time (e.g. I'll only post common and rare boosters since I didn't actively change their number in the market).  Thanks a lot in advance! :-)

So here's the thing: I want to know if there's any specific, predictable booster distribution within the same rarity, especially on market resets. I personally got a lot less epic/legendary Cordyceps than epic/legendary Ginseng from the market. So far there was no information given whether that's only due to RNG or if the algorithm actually favors one booster over the other (at least I didn't find any). Unfortunatelly we can't measure this directly without a lot of time or Koban investments. What we can instantly see however is how many Boosters were delivered to us through mission, arena and ToF rewards, so let's use that under the assumption it helps.

Here's my theory to verify or falsify: "The boosters are not equally distributed on market refresh. You have the highest chance of dropping Chlorella, followed by Ginseng, Cordyceps and Jujubees."

My assumptions are:
- The droprates are the same no matter where you get your boosters from (arena rewards, mission rewards, ToF rewards or market refreshes)
- The distribution probability is similar within each rarity (so if we collect enough data for common boosters, we can deduce the same result for all the other boosters and vice versa)

Now we can test this: If we got significantly more free Chlorella than for example free Jujubees, we can (under given assumptions) verify the theory. If we don't get a significant difference, the theory is wrong. And if the assumptions are wrong, at least we'll have figured whether the distribution outside the market is biased or fair. So let's not discuss whether this makes sense or not, but rather collect some data and play around with it. 😉

Please help me out and send your booster numbers (but only those you haven't actively interfered with).

Here are my common and rare boosters ever since the new 24h booster system was patched in (because before that I sold all my common/rare boosters):

image.png.926811dfe212cc6ab5200411eb3c1f27.png

The thesis is obviously true in my case (and I believe it to be true for my epic and legendary boosters as well from what I can see). But of course this is by far not a large enough sample yet.

I'm looking forward to your numbers! 👍

The numbers on my playing account have seen too much tampering as I was using commons and rares quite regularly under the old system and rares also for a few months under the new one, but I can tell you that my recent Mythic Pachinko tests dropped a total of 710 Ginseng, 126 Jujubes, 1029 Chlorella and 350 Cordyceps legendaries.

• Like 1

I would help but I try to use up my greys when I am tanking/dodging in leagues just to get rid of them and maybe pick up an extra win in arena and a few extra bucks farming champs. My greens get used in league coast mode to conserve orange. But I appreciate you looking into it.

• Like 1

This is the entire dropped Boosters data at my end (possibly missing at maximum 4 boosters).

https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/items/B1.png      https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/items/B2.png        https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/items/B3.png         https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/items/B4.png
                    Ginseng ---- Jujubes ---- Chlorella ---- Cordyceps

Common:       176      |         33      |        187        |             74      

Rare:               186      |         43      |        255        |             76

Epic:                  54      |           9      |          65        |             16

Legendary:         3      |           1      |            6        |               1

Edited by John 1039
Aesthetics...
  • Thanks 1

I won't bother posting pictures but i can give you my numbers for common, rare and epic boosters as i haven't touched them for ages.

Common ginseng roots:[HH] 120, [GH] 155, [TS] 143

Rare ginseng roots: [HH] 133, [GH] 140, [TS] 74

Epic ginseng roots: [HH] 62, [GH] 73

Commn jujubes:[HH] 32, [GH] 27, [TS] 38

Rare jujubes: [HH] 41, [GH] 31, [TS] 29

Epic jujubes: [HH] 29, [GH] 9, [TS] 8

Common chlorella: [HH] 180, [GH] 182, [TS] 184

Rare chlorella: [HH] 192, [GH] 164, [TS] 194

Epic chlorella: [HH] 135, [GH] 57

Common cordyceps: [HH] 79, [GH] 64, [TS] 71

Rare cordyceps: [HH] 68, [GH] 74, [TS] 67

Epic cordyceps: [HH] 57, [GH] 62

• Thanks 1

Judging by the numbers I'm not the only one who considers them to be of little use... Anyway these are my data:

Common:    G.68    J.27    Ch.105    Co.27
Rare:            G.66    J.17    Ch.105    Co.29
Epic:            G.16    J.4      Ch.31       Co.5
Legend        G.5     J.1       Ch.3         Co.1

• Thanks 1

I did that calculation some time ago, and at that time I had this number of free boosters (I remember I sold some of them in the early game when I was in need of cash, but otherwise the distribution should be the same)

image.png.e8791f4273d4897fc81e9f848a52c5f6.png

From that data I inferred the distribution of boosters to be aproximately, Gingseng root 30%, Jujubes 10%, Chlorella 40% and Cordiceps 20% within each rarity.

Edited by jelom
(I remember I sold some of them in the early game when I was in need of cash, but otherwise the distribution should be the same)
  • Thanks 1

Ginseng root: Common: 97 Rare: 100 Epic: 25 Legendary: 4

Jujubes: Common: 28 Rare: 23 Epic: 21 Legendary: 1

Chlorella: Common: 123 Rare: 153 Epic: 41 Legendary: 3

Cordyceps: Common: 71 Rare: 50 Epic: 19 Legendary: 0

In the past I used some but it wasn't a lot.

• Thanks 1