New girl is drawn like shit

2 ore fa, jelom ha scritto:

I guess it was Ankyo ... 🤣🤣🤣

Well, are you going to tell us or not? We want to laugh at you for getting Gork and not liking it 😱

I think it's quite clear that he got Natasha.

However, stop please to always speak of Gork as one of the worst: despite she representing an ogre, and therefore not the ideal girlfriend of all, she was drawn very well (especially her Neandertal version) which is not true for trash like Natasha, Holiday and other so-called "girls" inserted from Wicked Xmas to now.

I prefer a thousand girls not beautiful but well drawn rather than a scribble with the best intentions.

Edited by Falco82
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Falco82 said:

I think it's quite clear that he got Natasha.

However, stop please to always speak of Gork as one of the worst: despite she representing an ogre, and therefore not the ideal girlfriend of all, she was drawn very well (especially her Neandertal version) which is not true for trash like Natasha, Holiday and other so-called "girls" inserted from Wicked Xmas to now.

I prefer a thousand girls not beautiful but well drawn rather than a scribble with the best intentions.

As I said a long time ago, I like ALL girls in the game, including Gork and Natasha, but as there are some people that don't, I tried a little joke on them.

Edited by jelom

• 3 weeks later...

I have nothing against so-called thicc girls as I've gone out with a few real ones and found them delightful and very sexy.  Re. the artwork, I suspect that the same artist who drew Natasha also drew Xia and Balista.  The big give-away is their absurdly and disproportionately small feet - on Natasha, little pig trotters.  Same with Xia especially in her second star pose and Balista to a slightly lesser extent (again in her second star pose).  Not only this, but these girls' feet are shapeless and show no anatomical correctness for the form and position of toes, ankles and heels.  It's clear the artist does not like drawing feet as he tends to cover them with unremarkable shoes.

Balista is a special case here because her head proportions suggest she is very tall (1.7-1.8 metres).  Her feet, therefore, need to match this because I have never come across anyone who is tall yet has mostly small hands and feet.  Apart from this she is rather lovely and I like what she's wearing (when she is wearing something!).

Overall, some of the artwork (exemplified by the above examples, and by Holiday) gives the characters a certain cartoonish poster quality and it destroys my suspension of disbelief that these girls are not just drawings best illustrated in: exaggerated eye expressions, a lack of shading relief due to poor tone rendering, and the aforementioned anatomical abominations.

Re. Bonny and Pelagie, I like their new forms, even though Pelagie, especially, looks different.  As for the comment about Bonny's hairstyle, hair grows and it changes.  In fact it is a woman's choice, it seems, to change both her hairstyle and colour several times a year.  Bonny had been in retirement for a while and she must've decided to try the sexy wild long hair look.  Or maybe our hero got sick of her bob and insisted on a change.  I would've!

I want to comment on Rin (I can't do Chiba yet because I haven't recruited her), but Rin's 4th and 5th star poses are truly outstanding.  I just love her.  She was very well drawn in both poses AND faithful to her original.

I agree with other comments that new girls having original versions should be carried out by the same artist to retain artistic credibility and faithfulness to the character being depicted.

One outstanding new achievement by the artist(s) is their handling of what the girls are wearing.  I absolutely fell in love with Val Cupid's attire.  I found her opening pose transfixing and her unlikely dress and boots complemented her pretty body and who she represents perfectly.  I think she was a marked improvement on her original.  And she is just one of the later girls wearing fantastic outfits (Gardevulv's sexy wee black dress being the latest example).  But a negative comment about the girls' figures... Don't draw such skinny waists with such long torsos!  It makes them look like ants and the unnatural aspect to this takes away their sexuality and believability (Chickmender is the worst current example), but this is my opinion and others undoubtedly have an entirely different view.  And this is not a new criticism.  Check out Juliette, one of the very first girls.

However, I have one last comment... The original artist of the earlier girls made some horrendous mistakes, not the least being how ears were drawn in three-quarter, from-the-rear profile.  For a typical example, check out Kalissa during her walk through the streets of Hamelin Bremen town with our hero.  So let's not get too precious.  It comes down to one opinion from me: even the original artist was learning his craft, even experimenting with stylistic ideas, such as exaggerated perpective (eg Festival Bonny and Hope).  Let the new artist work on entirely new girls and the original artist work on affection upgrades and new versions of original girls.

I could add heaps more, but this post is already too long!

7 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I have nothing against so-called thicc girls as I've gone out with a few real ones and found them delightful and very sexy.  Re. the artwork, I suspect that the same artist who drew Natasha also drew Xia and Balista.  The big give-away is their absurdly and disproportionately small feet - on Natasha, little pig trotters.  Same with Xia especially in her second star pose and Balista to a slightly lesser extent (again in her second star pose).  Not only this, but these girls' feet are shapeless and show no anatomical correctness for the form and position of toes, ankles and heels.  It's clear the artist does not like drawing feet as he tends to cover them with unremarkable shoes.

Balista is a special case here because her head proportions suggest she is very tall (1.7-1.8 metres).  Her feet, therefore, need to match this because I have never come across anyone who is tall yet has mostly small hands and feet.  Apart from this she is rather lovely and I like what she's wearing (when she is wearing something!).

Overall, some of the artwork (exemplified by the above examples, and by Holiday) gives the characters a certain cartoonish poster quality and it destroys my suspension of disbelief that these girls are not just drawings best illustrated in: exaggerated eye expressions, a lack of shading relief due to poor tone rendering, and the aforementioned anatomical abominations.

Re. Bonny and Pelagie, I like their new forms, even though Pelagie, especially, looks different.  As for the comment about Bonny's hairstyle, hair grows and it changes.  In fact it is a woman's choice, it seems, to change both her hairstyle and colour several times a year.  Bonny had been in retirement for a while and she must've decided to try the sexy wild long hair look.  Or maybe our hero got sick of her bob and insisted on a change.  I would've!

I want to comment on Rin (I can't do Chiba yet because I haven't recruited her), but Rin's 4th and 5th star poses are truly outstanding.  I just love her.  She was very well drawn in both poses AND faithful to her original.

I agree with other comments that new girls having original versions should be carried out by the same artist to retain artistic credibility and faithfulness to the character being depicted.

One outstanding new achievement by the artist(s) is their handling of what the girls are wearing.  I absolutely fell in love with Val Cupid's attire.  I found her opening pose transfixing and her unlikely dress and boots complemented her pretty body and who she represents perfectly.  I think she was a marked improvement on her original.  And she is just one of the later girls wearing fantastic outfits (Gardevulv's sexy wee black dress being the latest example).  But a negative comment about the girls' figures... Don't draw such skinny waists with such long torsos!  It makes them look like ants and the unnatural aspect to this takes away their sexuality and believability (Chickmender is the worst current example), but this is my opinion and others undoubtedly have an entirely different view.  And this is not a new criticism.  Check out Juliette, one of the very first girls.

However, I have one last comment... The original artist of the earlier girls made some horrendous mistakes, not the least being how ears were drawn in three-quarter, from-the-rear profile.  For a typical example, check out Kalissa during her walk through the streets of Hamelin Bremen town with our hero.  So let's not get too precious.  It comes down to one opinion from me: even the original artist was learning his craft, even experimenting with stylistic ideas, such as exaggerated perpective (eg Festival Bonny and Hope).  Let the new artist work on entirely new girls and the original artist work on affection upgrades and new versions of original girls.

Just one comment. I don't think Hope was drawn by the original artist. There has been a whole range of permanent pachinko girls that have about the same shape of faces with a very sharp and pointy chin. I think this was an entirely different artist altogether. I could be wrong of course, but I wonder what others think about that.

11 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Just one comment. I don't think Hope was drawn by the original artist. There has been a whole range of permanent pachinko girls that have about the same shape of faces with a very sharp and pointy chin. I think this was an entirely different artist altogether. I could be wrong of course, but I wonder what others think about that. 

Yes, that was something I considered too and you may be right.  This might be one of HH's best kept (and most confusing) secrets - multlple artists, mostly unsung.  However, if you are right, there has been some cross-pollination of ideas among the creative brigade, and a willingness to experiment.  This is a common and useful trait among artists and designers and I experienced it in my own profession of landscape architecture.

Hope is very interesting to me because, of all the girls, she has the most native American features of any of the girls, the eyes especially.

14 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

Summary:

I have already said my piece on Bonny, who I liked and still like though differently. Though another detail I've noticed is that aside from growing her hair, she has also decided to change the colour of her eyes.  Ah, the whimsical nature of the ladies... ;) 

7 hours ago, DHarry said:

I have already said my piece on Bonny, who I liked and still like though differently. Though another detail I've noticed is that aside from growing her hair, she has also decided to change the colour of her eyes.  Ah, the whimsical nature of the ladies... ;) 

Apart from the cosplayers, this does seem to beyond the capacity of normal females.  However, Abrael switches from blue to yellow according to her succubus form.  Suspension of disbelief seems an important aspect of this game and the skill of the artwork is a factor in whether this works or not.

Did anyone else notice the buggy art for Clitario in the currently  ongoing event ?

Not sure if it's permitted to paste a link to game artwork, so I'll just mention her cut-and-paste legs, plus the coloring which completely ignores body outlines, but strangely conforms to the head and tail ones.

23 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Did anyone else notice the buggy art for Clitario in the currently  ongoing event ?

Not sure if it's permitted to paste a link to game artwork, so I'll just mention her cut-and-paste legs, plus the coloring which completely ignores body outlines, but strangely conforms to the head and tail ones.

It looks like they just forgot to remove some of the outlines from the initial sketch

On 3/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, LanceHardwood said:

On 3/4/2020 at 12:02 AM, Ben9 said:

It looks like they just forgot to remove some of the outlines from the initial sketch

Just to ask, maybe you guys suffer the same problem I describe here?

On the topic of art style- I wanna mention Zoe. God damn her 4th and 5th star poses are disgusting. That shit will follow me into my nightmares. Pelagie 4th and 5th star arent on that level of bad, but definitely close to Zoe level, and Bonnie 4th and 5th star I actually quite liked, even if it was clearly in a different style. Personally I dont mind the art style changes in general, as they go along in the future undoubtedly their craft will change over the years- but if you make such changes, don't contrast them with an older girl like Bonnie/Zoe/Pelagie, because thats how you make EVERYONE notice. (Also since I forgot Sylvia- I dont understand what happened to her skin, did she take on the colour of the tree? Did she get a tan, wtf is going on there?) So since there will be changes, at least make them gradual, and don't make them changes for the worse! I still prefer the old style more, and I didnt see anything wrong with Natasha at first (and since I didnt get her I didn't memorize her), but upon looking at some examples here and contrasting her with other girls makes me think I dodged a fucking bullet there. As for some feedback about the new art style- it looks plain and flat as all hell, shading is gone, details are gone, lines are gone, and it just straight up looks like nightmare fuel when compared to what we had before. I don't mind stronger colours, but stronger colours along with all of that I've just mentioned just make the new girls look like unfinished blots of ink on paper, and that's a shame considering what we've had thus far...To give an example of what type of style I've absolutely loved- we have Petal from that one event I forgot its name now, and if you take her and compare her with things like Natasha... I mean god damn.
As a last note- Val Kalissa for me looks like a first hint/start of this type of flatness, dear lord just looking at her 1st picture/pose from when she was available in the event- it made me not wanna get her, and from her onward we only got worse- so I believe this has been going on for a while.
Edit: Typos and phrasing.

Edited by Čamuga
Typos and phrasing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mihai said:

Name of the current event "Gotta fuck 'em all" and the FU text on the trolls seem almost poetic in relation to the bad drawings that have quite escalated with this event.

And it seems like the art is here to stay... fucking Squirts man, that thing looks awful. And the newer girls all have the choppy-cut lines and outlines when you look at them in your Harem... This has gone beyond just the art style, seems to be technical problems in here as well...  if this keeps going I won't even be interested in newer girls anymore...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Čamuga said:

choppy-cut lines and outlines

This image rendering problem has been notified by other players before, it seems a user side problem due to the browser and graphic card, but many players are not affected, try changing browser and checking graphics hardware acceleration.

I think I'm beginning to understand the context of why all the bad art reviews.  And the only thing I can think of is that the bad reviews are coming from the players that have spent real money in game.  In that context, I can understand the bad reviews and disappointment.  It makes me happy/glad that I'm still f2p and have not spent real cash.  It would take an absolutely horrendous job in the artwork to disappoint me.  So for me the artwork has been......acceptable.

• Like 1

W dniu 9.03.2020 o 18:24 dr Lust powiedział:

Myślę, że zaczynam rozumieć kontekst, dlaczego wszystkie recenzje złej sztuki. I jedyne, o czym mogę myśleć, to, że złe recenzje pochodzą od graczy, którzy wydali prawdziwe pieniądze na grę. W tym kontekście rozumiem złe recenzje i rozczarowanie. Cieszy mnie to, że wciąż jestem f2p i nie wydałem prawdziwej gotówki. Rozczarowanie mnie wymaga absolutnie przerażającej pracy w grafice. Więc dla mnie grafika była ...... do zaakceptowania.

I didn't spend a penny on the game, and I still feel that the appearance of new girls, like some new poses like Bonny's, look terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Lust said:

COOL!  Referring to the message above. :)  I now speak Polish. :)  Thank you, 007V. :):) 

But back on topic, you are correct, 007V.  Some of the artwork is questionable.

What do you think of my artwork, I would like to see one of my girls used in the game that would be awesome.