12/Feb/2020 week 7 patch note discussion

Antimon

3 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Okay, one of the points that were unclear to me from the notes got clearer when I saw my new missions for the day. Two missions give me rare flowers, and the third gives me a ticket. So in case anyone else was also wondering about this part...

...what it appears to mean is that SOMETIMES, you MIGHT get an EPx1 orb instead of a ticket or some junk. The rest of the time, those missions are the same as usual.

can confirm that...

1156386046_ScreenShot2020-02-13at12_50_59PM.png.92c6a492f96a07a4cb9d251367d3cdef.png

• Like 2

We continue to share our impressions. Apparently it's time to talk about the Pachinko orb that falls out of the bosses. This morning made 40+ fights (night supply + league award) and got zero orb. By the way, there were fewer tickets than usual, although it may be a subjective feeling. And what are your results?

15 minutes ago, blaa said:

I even got 2 orbs in my daily missions and also another fun fact for pontential conspiracy theories: since they patched the game there was no shard drop (for me) anymore

2 minutes ago, Lemus said:

We continue to share our impressions. Apparently it's time to talk about the Pachinko orb that falls out of the bosses. This morning made 40+ fights (night supply + league award) and got zero orb. By the way, there were fewer tickets than usual, although it may be a subjective feeling. And what are your results?

I'm around Silvanus.

Got shard drops for Titania and Sylvia, 2 tickets and an orb, lately... can't really say in how many fights 🤔

Lucky. With single pulls in Epic you need around 12 pulls on average to get a girl. There was no guarantee to anyone with the free orbs.

Incidentally, my 3 epic missions offered 3 green items. Your awards are RNG of items, tickets, orbs, just like it was with items+tickets before. None of them are guaranteed to appear on a single day.

Numerous players have posted screenshots in Discord of completing the 8th round with the champion and not getting the "guaranteed" girl. Either intentionally or due to a bug there's no guaranteed girl drop any more. Doesn't really matter which - hopefully player feedback will force devs to fix or change this.

Overall impression: orbs were introduced to lower player income, as more players approach higher levels, have completed most of the champions (don't need tickets that much) and do not have major cash flow issues. Mythical orbs are completely useless and a cosmetic addition, just like the Epic x10 orb to D3 winners, the only players 100% guaranteed not to need them, so basically it's a beautiful non-award, like National Lottery saying they will hand out free 1 million dollar jackpots every week, but only to people who can prove they have 1 billion dollars on their bank account and have been included in the Forbes TOP 10 list of the richest people in the world.
But Epic 1x orbs could still mean one free girl to players every 2-3 months. Bigger Mythic and Epic 10x orbs are also likely to appear in lucrative 25-30 buck bundles from now on and many players might even be encouraged to buy a 12-15 buck offer that they considered too shitty before if it throws in 3-6 Epic 1x orbs (i.e. 25-50% chance to get a free girl).
So the biggest aim of the orbs feature probably is to sell shitty offers/bundles more successfully. But hey, if people decide to buy those it's a good thing and means they are happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Numerous players have posted screenshots in Discord of completing the 8th round with the champion and not getting the "guaranteed" girl.

I see no screenshots of such in the English HH discord. Could you please clarify which Discord you are referring to? Especially when it's not the one most people would have expected to be meant in the general sense when we're discussing in the English HH forum.

I'm also surprised numerous people just happened to be clearing the 5th stage for the 8th time on patch day, that's a strange coincidence.

• Haha 1

I'm not sure I have the right to share the screenshots of other people but I can confirm seeing them, just like I can confirm seeing orb rewards for completing lower level rounds, so when the players complete the champion for the 8th time, the girl will not be their only reward, nor will it be girl+orb but rather girl+orb+theme/outfit and it's very hard to imagine how the girl can be a 100% guaranteed drop in that scenario.

19 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I'm also surprised numerous people just happened to be clearing the 5th stage for the 8th time on patch day, that's a strange coincidence.

I was about 4 fights into the 5th stage for the 8th time on patch day too.  So probably not that big of a coincidence given the number of players.  I stopped fighting once I saw the girl isn't guaranteed and went back to stocking tickets, in case the devs fix it.  

• Like 1

By the way, George, the devs KNOW the answer and KNOW how they made the game work, just that they have decided not to share this information or have failed to do it properly. We are not screenshoting our way out of this, nor do we have to prove the game mechanics to the devs. Instead of trying to fight the players looking for answers, you should be using what little influence you have to get the devs to open up to players either in the forum or the Discord.
Naturally they are hiding right now because the patch was typically rushed but at some point one of them has to say something. Everyone would appreciate it if it happens... today maybe? Just as we would appreciate those who can encourage them to do that and clarify the most valid issues. And yes, the guaranteed champion girl drop is the biggest issue right now - if the devs have mysteriously not understood this, we would appreciate it if someone would tell them that.

I'm going to make some comments on the side here. So ever since I've returned from my hiatus back in October I have noticed that they kept a nice flow of quest releases. One of the reasons that I took a break from the game (apart life) was that it was just moving so slowly, I was at the end and all I did was collect dailies and arena fights, it was a lucklustre experience, but it seems this has improved. 

Moving forward, 5 new dailies have been added to the game. This for me is a good thing, as I was getting pretty sick of the same dailies repeating, now at least the pool is larger and this is always a step in the right direction.

As for the main event, the pachinko orbs, well they are a nice addition for sure, but the way that they were implemented is catastrophic for new players and mid-range players. For the few elites and whales this is just great implementation, but for the proletariat is awful. The high level players didn't need more money and needed better rewards from stage 8+ champs, they got both, but for the low and mid levels players these are both atrocious. Moreover the arena 16 reward was replaced from tickets to orbs thus further reducing the cash flow from farming champions. But the worst is that I suspect we may now require more than 8 attempts to get the champion girl; Now pay close attention to their wording here: 

The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls.

So here's my theory, maybe the girl has the same chance let's say 10% to drop every time you defeat the champion. As long as there was an alternate prize (scenes, themes, avatar equipment) you'd have this 10% chance to get the girl and 90% chance to get something else, however at stage 8 you were left only with the girl so this chance would become 100%. This would explain why most people get the girl on last attempt. I hope that I am wrong, because otherwise this was just a treacherous dick move.

13 minutes ago, jaybee said:

By the way, George, the devs KNOW the answer and KNOW how they made the game work, just that they have decided not to share this information or have failed to do it properly. We are not screenshoting our way out of this, nor do we have to prove the game mechanics to the devs. Instead of trying to fight the players looking for answers, you should be using what little influence you have to get the devs to open up to players either in the forum or the Discord.
Naturally they are hiding right now because the patch was typically rushed but at some point one of them has to say something. Everyone would appreciate it if it happens... today maybe? Just as we would appreciate those who can encourage them to do that and clarify the most valid issues. And yes, the guaranteed champion girl drop is the biggest issue right now - if the devs have mysteriously not understood this, we would appreciate it if someone would tell them that.

A) right now the devs may not yet be in the office. They tend to patch towards the end of their workday, and they were around for a while to clarify several different things. They then went home for the day. We're now approaching 4 hours after reset, so they should be getting in soon, but they don't necessarily start their day by visiting the forum/discord.

B) previous scenarios (oh so many of them) mean that just because Dev A knows what they changed the code to do, doesn't meant they told Dev B, who is actually the one answering our questions, what the code does now correctly. This has resulted in us getting several wrong answers that later get corrected.

C) these screenshots help us prove to the community managers that features aren't working as described. While this often only leads to a corrected description (see above) we sometimes do manage to get an underlying mechanic changed to match the description. This often takes a long time though, as we have to first identify and prove the problem to the community manager who then gets it tasked to the dev team to identify and fix the problem. Without proof, I can't use the tiniest bit of a trace of influence I  have. I'm just a player as well, when I'm listened to its because I have proof that there is a problem, and unfortunately this isn't something I can obtain on this feature.

D) I didn't ask you to repost the screenshots, I asked you to clarify where you saw them, so I could maybe look myself. GH, French, Spanish, your club? There are several options, and as I said, the obvious one was not it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr. Lust said:

Here's how I see it.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  They added Pachinko Orb's as the final prize/award in each Champion stage.  In the past after 4 tries to the final stage we were guaranteed to get the girl.  Now we have an extra award that will happen many times, how many we do not know.  That gives us more chances in pachinko.  THAT IS SHIT!

That's like winning a craps roll and instead of winning the pot money you get a chance to roll again to see if you can win an award.

EDIT

Keep a friendly language ;)

Sorry, the orbs have created too much spam, I'm too lazy to scroll through all the rooms to look for the screenshot.
Wasn't there a screenshot in this very thread?
I am right now looking at a saved screenshot, posted by don't know who, made after 6th pass of the champion and getting an orb. Two rounds before the guaranteed girl there are four rewards left
1) pachinko 2-orbs 2) scenery 3) outfit 4) exclusive girl
(don't see any user information on the screenshot but maybe the user is also in this forum and would not appreciate me posting it - or did I get it from this very thread?)

2 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry, the orbs have created too much spam, I'm too lazy to scroll through all the rooms to look for the screenshot.
Wasn't there a screenshot in this very thread?
I am right now looking at a saved screenshot, posted by don't know who, made after 6th pass of the champion and getting an orb. Two rounds before the guaranteed girl there are four rewards left
1) pachinko 2-orbs 2) scenery 3) outfit 4) exclusive girl
(don't see any user information on the screenshot but maybe the user is also in this forum and would not appreciate me posting it - or did I get it from this very thread?)

That isn't a screenshot of not getting the girl guaranteed by the 8th stage unfortunately. It won't prove that they have to clear it 9 times guaranteed to get the girl, because perhaps they've hard coded the girl to drop on the 8th try if it hasn't already done so. 

If that's what you're interpreting as a screenshot of a user not guaranteed to get the girl on the 8th try, I'm not so surprised that there were several of them.

19 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

That isn't a screenshot of not getting the girl guaranteed by the 8th stage unfortunately. It won't prove that they have to clear it 9 times guaranteed to get the girl, because perhaps they've hard coded the girl to drop on the 8th try if it hasn't already done so. 

If that's what you're interpreting as a screenshot of a user not guaranteed to get the girl on the 8th try, I'm not so surprised that there were several of them.

1895577761_ScreenShot2020-02-13at4_59_09PM.png.6ee0bba7e8a1ca7f9313691359cae5d3.png

posted on the French discord. Murane NOT obtained after the 8th try. So yes, there is something wrong with the code. The poster got the Orbs at the 8th stage.

Worst of all, the Orbs did not disappear from the possibility of rewards at the next stage 8-5.

Looking at it, it looks like the 2 Epic orbs are a PERMANENT reward possibility at x-5 stages. There is the possibility of NEVER getting the Champion girl.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Zamio said:

1895577761_ScreenShot2020-02-13at4_59_09PM.png.6ee0bba7e8a1ca7f9313691359cae5d3.png

posted on the French discord. Murane NOT obtained after the 8th try. So yes, there is something wrong with the code. The poster got the Orbs at the 8th stage.

Worst of all, the Orbs did not disappear from the possibility of rewards at the next stage 8-5.

Looking at it, it looks like the 2 Epic orbs are a PERMANENT reward possibility at x-5 stages. There is the possibility of NEVER getting the Champion girl.

Excellent, thank you.

Yeah, we had already confirmed that the orbs were permanent rewards for now, it's just the specific issue with the girl we needed to get clarified. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zamio said:

This is just horrible and what I've feared, I do still cling to the hope that it was not intentional and they will fix it appropriately. Since I don't have Murane and am at stage 7, I'm just going to wait and hope for fix FFS.

47 minutes ago, Mihai said:

This is just horrible and what I've feared, I do still cling to the hope that it was not intentional and they will fix it appropriately. Since I don't have Murane and am at stage 7, I'm just going to wait and hope for fix FFS.

I doubt it's intentional but you never know.....

The best argument we have now, is that the game was supposed to move into the direction of having more safety nets against bad luck. That is why the shard system was implemented after all.

Right now, the Champion girls have reverted to the old system of fixed drop rates with no safety net. It's even worse because it's easy to defeat bosses; it's not easy to defeat Champions and it gets worse at each failed roll of the dice.

16 minutes ago, Zamio said:

I doubt it's intentional but you never know.....

I will have to disappoint you, but it is every bit intentional - the proof is in the patch notes.

What people should be asking themselves is - why would the devs feel the need to include the statement "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls." ?

The answers are obvious - they anticipated how players would view the new mechanics as an outright decrease, meaning the new behavior is completely intentional and there's no bug in the code. And while in practical terms it is a significant decrease, they can hide behind the fact that in technical terms it isn't, since they didn't adjust the % chance of getting a girl. They just included other rewards to prevent us getting them by the 8th run guaranteed. While we're on the subject, we should also address the fact that Champions are biased towards hardcore specialty, considering the increasing difficulty for each subsequent Champion. I believe Charm just got nerfed into oblivion for anyone that didn't get that girl previously.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

A) right now the devs may not yet be in the office. They tend to patch towards the end of their workday, and they were around for a while to clarify several different things. They then went home for the day. We're now approaching 4 hours after reset, so they should be getting in soon, but they don't necessarily start their day by visiting the forum/discord.

B) previous scenarios (oh so many of them) mean that just because Dev A knows what they changed the code to do, doesn't meant they told Dev B, who is actually the one answering our questions, what the code does now correctly. This has resulted in us getting several wrong answers that later get corrected.

C) these screenshots help us prove to the community managers that features aren't working as described. While this often only leads to a corrected description (see above) we sometimes do manage to get an underlying mechanic changed to match the description. This often takes a long time though, as we have to first identify and prove the problem to the community manager who then gets it tasked to the dev team to identify and fix the problem. Without proof, I can't use the tiniest bit of a trace of influence I  have. I'm just a player as well, when I'm listened to its because I have proof that there is a problem, and unfortunately this isn't something I can obtain on this feature.

D) I didn't ask you to repost the screenshots, I asked you to clarify where you saw them, so I could maybe look myself. GH, French, Spanish, your club? There are several options, and as I said, the obvious one was not it.

A) Anyone in software development will tell you that this is the worst idea ever. Patches rarely go off without hitches and if there's no dedicated team to work on issues in off-hours, then they should be done at the start of the workday, while people are in-office to manage potential impacts.

B) The person who wrote the Patch Notes, knows exactly what's going on, how it was implemented and especially how players would react to it. It's all there.

C) This feature is indeed working precisely as the developers intended - to remove the guarantee of obtaining champion girls by a certain point. If they correct the patch notes, the backlash will be huge. Unfortunately the only recourse we, as players have, is to insist that they change their intentions. Which in and of itself sets a bad precedent, but I'll take that over an endless grind any day.

• Like 1

11 ore fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

1/ Weekly Patch + Notes

Dropping the patch notes literally at the same time as the patch itself isn't great, but if this also means that we're going to get a weekly patch from now on, and that we can always expect it on Wednesday, that's good news. It should the game will keep improving and devs will be fine-tuning things and features at a steadier pace in the coming months.

I'd like to define better the timeline. Yesterday at ~2:30 pm I was going to battle Karole, and I noticed that there was one new reward slot between the ticket and the girls one. I can't tell the exact moment it appeared, but I'm pretty sure that at ~10:00 am (when I fought against Karole before) it wasn't there. I came here on forum to see if anyone was talking about this (no one), then I checked the announcements section and I found out that 5 hours earlier (9:25 am) Noacc had published the patch note in the forum. I opened this topic and ~1 hour later the patch note has been highlighted in game, too (thing that isn't happened yet on GH, if any of you are interested, with the patch active from the same time and no forum to go look in to finally they addressed in game the patch note in GH too)

All of this to say that, yes, it was all written in the forum from the morning (I don't know what kinkoid did on discord), but actually the patch was active for at least 1 hour before it was notified in game, and I think this is a whole new level in miscommunication 

Edited by Antimon