Game risks becoming intolerably grindy.

Caradog

The recent update which introduced Pachinko orbs into the game has, as a result of the implementation of the patch rather than anything intrinsic to the orbs themselves, dramatically reduced the amount of Yhem available to players; this, in turn, has made the process of accumulating the Yhem necessary to upgrade or level up the girls in one's harem incredibly tedious. The issue could be resolved by simply rethinking the decision replace the Arena fights' tickets prize with a Mythic Pachinko orb & the Yhem element of the league prizes with Pachinko orbs (a mixture of orbs & Yhem, alongside the existing prizes, could be an another solution).

Additionally, in order to increase the usefulness of the Mythic Pachinko orb (there are only so many avatars one wants/needs!) perhaps the introduction of a 4th prize category which offers tickets & fights as prizes would be a positive development?

I have just bought a monthly pass today but if HH/Phoenix Media want me to part with any more of my money they will need to ensure that playing the game becomes a less grindy &, ultimately, more rewarding experience. 

Edited by Bruce Buttfucker
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 days & a number of in-game purchases on & the Yhem shortage which the Week 7 Patch precipitated is still spoiling my enjoyment of the game. The whole thing is very frustrating as it is an otherwise enjoyable game with an entertaining storyline & some excellent art; & newer players, such as myself, can also benefit from the advice given by a number of very helpful & knowledgeable community members on this forum.

I suspect that the reduction in Yhem that came about as a result of the Week 7 Patch has had a much less detrimental effect on more established players whose invariably large & already leveled-up harems would provide them with a very significant Yhem income - in fact, for some, the exchange of the Yhem prizes for Epic Pachinko Orbs in the higher leagues may have been a welcome development - but for those of us who are still sub ~50 girls and yet to acquire & level-up a full battle/orgy team of 5-Star legendary girls it is a very serious issue.

The grind can be substantially reduced by purchasing bundles but, somewhat perversely given that the developers primary objective is, quite clearly, to make as much money as they can from this game (not something I'm inclined to get too judgmental about -- most of us go to work in order to make money!), with the exception of the World Bundles, I have not been offered a single bundle in almost two weeks &, in retrospect, upgrading my silver monthly card to a gold monthly card probably wasn't worth the additional outlay.

Anyway, to summarise my slightly long-winded post: recent changes to the game which have reduced the availability Yhem coupled with a very noticeable decrease in the number of bundle offers (is this the result of recent changes or something that simply would've happened anyway as i progressed through the game?) may have been intended to nudge F2P players into making in-game purchases but, in reality, it is negatively *all* newer players &, personally, I am once again very seriously considering walking away from the game once my monthly card expires. 

typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you really think it ever was easy for starters to get a fully upgraded harem and a nice money flow? I seriously hope you do not think that, because if anything it has become way easier to get to a good point. Like with a lot of games, the start is one of the hardest parts of the game. That is why most players will say this game is one of patience. It took me well over a year when I started to get a completely upgraded harem and by all accounts, we should've had an easier time doing that, until they made it the hardest it has been in the history by increasing the cost of upgrading a girl depending on her position in your harem. Anyway, this change will make it slightly longer than before, but then again other changes in the past made it shorter.

• Like 8

Damned Chthugha! you have stealed my argument, you have even used my trademark phrase of a game of patience ...

🤣🤣🤣 Only joking, but you have readed my mind, he has less than two months in the game, advanced a lot and still whinning about the ymens when nowadays money earning is a lot higher than in the past.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Do you really think it ever was easy for starters to get a fully upgraded harem and a nice money flow? I seriously hope you do not think that, because if anything it has become way easier to get to a good point. Like with a lot of games, the start is one of the hardest parts of the game. That is why most players will say this game is one of patience. It took me well over a year when I started to get a completely upgraded harem and by all accounts, we should've had an easier time doing that, until they made it the hardest it has been in the history by increasing the cost of upgrading a girl depending on her position in your harem. Anyway, this change will make it slightly longer than before, but then again other changes in the past made it shorter.

I haven't commented on the relative difficulty of progression before i started playing the game for fairly obvious reasons. As you have noted in your response the recent changes i referred to will increase the grind progression entails &, with all due respect, just as a newer player such as myself would not be in a position to do anything other speculate re: how these changes would affect a more established player i would have thought it was self-evident that the opposite also holds true. I can well believe that changes made prior to my joining accelerated the rate at which players could progress through the game but that does not negate the fact that the affect the changes in the Week 7 Patch patch had on newer players were, on balance, negative &, consequently, could reasonably be considered to have been regressive. To the best of my knowledge Kinkoid is a commercial endeavour &, as such, is it not logical to assume that they would be interested in receiving feedback re: how changes they have made to one of their products may affect the income it generates from newer users?

Syntax

56 minutes ago, jelom said:

Damned Chthugha! you have stealed my argument, you have even used my trademark phrase of a game of patience ...

🤣🤣🤣 Only joking, but you have readed my mind, he has less than two months in the game, advanced a lot and still whinning about the ymens when nowadays money earning is a lot higher than in the past.

Jelom, I had been very pleasantly surprised by the polite & helpful tone of the interactions on this forum. It is a pity you felt the need to spoil that impression. 

• Thinking 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, Bruce Buttfucker said:

I haven't commented on the relative difficulty of progression before i started playing the game for fairly obvious reasons. As you have noted in your response the recent changes i referred to will increase the grind progression entails &, with all due respect, just as a newer player such as myself would not be in a position to do anything other speculate re: how these changes would affect a more established player i would have thought it was self-evident that the opposite also holds true. I can well believe that changes made prior to my joining accelerated the rate at which players could progress through the game but that does not negate the fact that the affect the changes in the Week 7 Patch patch had on newer players were, on balance, negative &, consequently, could reasonably be considered to have been regressive. To the best of my knowledge Kinkoid is a commercial endeavour &, as such, is it not logical to assume that they would be interested in receiving feedback re: how changes they have made to one of their products may affect the income it generates from newer users?

The general trend is upwards. That is something you can't gather from your limited time in the game. Right now we are in a small decline of revenue after major increases. It takes time to get yourself to a decent place, but what I was trying to say is that it is better than it used to be. The main difference is that you guys have way more events, so your harem grows faster, which makes it feel like an upstream battle. You will reach the turning point though, it just requires some patience.

The fact that you didn't personally experience the patches that made it way easier, doesn't exclude that certain later changes are directly affected by it. A game is a constant balancing act for the devs, so in order to not fall to one side you have to correct to the other side. If this was an overcorrection, they'll adjust again. I just don't think it was an overcorrection.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

While i agree that it's way more easyer than before, taking away stuff that players are used with will always feel disappointing. And he is right about the replacement of ymens with orbs. The orbs would have been an awesome addition not a replacement for the league rewards, not that complaining about it will change anything. :D

• Like 1

The game has serious balance issues. The best way to fight that is to gain levels as quick as you can.

Currently there are high-level players who don't bother to collect cash from girls (because it's peanuts) and can spend 100M on daily contests, exchanging that amount of cash for 120 kobans because there is nothing to spend the ymens on.

And yes, there are level 200 players who struggle to make 1M in cash and can only dream about adding a third star to their Epic girls.

Lower-level players need to use all the means at their disposal to gain XP as fast as they can, this is the only thing increasing their cash flow (and strength) in the game. The good news is that earlier it took an average players around one year to hit level 250-300, now it is doable 2-3 times faster.

• Like 2

i guess the biggest Criticism about this Patch is "We get less Money from the League" But the most people dont see the positiv side!

In dictator 1 got the first place every week over 80mio YMen, thats damn unfair! And cus of the chance to win a big pot of money from 1st place in a lower league, are there many "idiots" lvl 350+ rushing over the others

Ok im now lvl 257 and in the last 2 weeks was i in Sexpert 3 place 3 and in dicktator 1 place 9. in both weeks i got 1 Orb instead of the 8mio Ymen. But now im actually in dicktator 2 in the top 30. There does i get the 8 mio Ymen, so i have "lost" only 2 weeks! What I want to say is that this patch is only supposed to get us to play in a league appropriate for our level, instead of playing in lower leagues for an easy win

So i think this patch hurts 2 kind of people 1) player who purposly plays in lower leagues... and 2) the strongest player who reach every week in dicktator 3 the top 15 get less Ymen.
Thats why i like this patch! soon will it be easier for "new" people to reach a better place in a lower league, cus the strong and intellegent players got less reason to be there now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leo_le_Salomo said:

i guess the biggest Criticism about this Patch is "We get less Money from the League" But the most people dont see the positiv side!

In dictator 1 got the first place every week over 80mio YMen, thats damn unfair! And cus of the chance to win a big pot of money from 1st place in a lower league, are there many "idiots" lvl 350+ rushing over the others

Ok im now lvl 257 and in the last 2 weeks was i in Sexpert 3 place 3 and in dicktator 1 place 9. in both weeks i got 1 Orb instead of the 8mio Ymen. But now im actually in dicktator 2 in the top 30. There does i get the 8 mio Ymen, so i have "lost" only 2 weeks! What I want to say is that this patch is only supposed to get us to play in a league appropriate for our level, instead of playing in lower leagues for an easy win

So i think this patch hurts 2 kind of people 1) player who purposly plays in lower leagues... and 2) the strongest player who reach every week in dicktator 3 the top 15 get less Ymen.
Thats why i like this patch! soon will it be easier for "new" people to reach a better place in a lower league, cus the strong and intellegent players got less reason to be there now.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the top leagues getting much larger prizes - it gives me something to aim for - or strong players (ostensibly) deliberately dropping down the leagues in order to maximise their chances of winning the top prizes (I'd probably use similar tactics too if i thought it they would work to my advantage) but i guess it's one of those intrinsically subjective issues where there's no clear-cut right & wrong & I can see why others might object.

Re: the "we get less money from the league" argument: it is very annoying that literally millions of Ymen have been replaced by single or small numbers of orbs; that the orbs awarded in the lower leagues are Mythic Pachinko orbs; & that the two tickets that were awarded as the prize for winning 16 Arena fights have been replaced by a single Mythic Pachinko orb, but as i said in my follow-up post yesterday, what I have found *really* frustrating, if not downright inexpiable, was that the ostensibly deliberate decision to reduce the amount of Ymen freely available to players - i may not like that decision but i can at least see the commercial logic behind nudging F2P players & players who've only bought Monthly Cards into making in-game purchases - was not coupled with an immediate increase in the availability of Ymen-rich bundles in order to tempt players - including those players the developers were ostensibly attempting to nudge into making in-game purchases - into buying their way past the grind. That is why i posted in the Feedback section rather than the General Discussion section.

Anyway, today's News states that there will be a new Spring Bundle launched tomorrow so, hopefully, that will help to ameliorate the issue!

typo

13 hours ago, Leo_le_Salomo said:

And cus of the chance to win a big pot of money from 1st place in a lower league, are there many "idiots" lvl 350+ rushing over the others

I can assure you that these 350+ level "idiots" are still there after the patch. I'm in sexpert 3 and there are a lot of 300+ level people here. A HUGE amount.

350-400 level players demoting and going for D2 and D1 top places (and perhaps this is also occurring in S3 with lesser level players) did and will do that for the kobans and combativity (and now also for the orbs) more than for the money, although it was also a nice prize, of course.

It's to be expected.  Higher level players demoting to the lower level leagues for the easy wins.  I'm not surprised to see that.

Until the developers place some sort of maximum league level allowed in each tier we will see higher level players voluntarily demoting themselves for easy high wins.

Of course, if enough of them do that then they will be fighting against other high level players with less of a chance of winning the higher prizes.  Becomes self defeating if many of them use the same tactic.  So, perhaps, the solution would be placing a maximum level allowed per tier, automatically bumping higher level players into a higher tier based upon the level they have attained in game.

Edited by Dr. Lust
  • Like 3

They're only easy wins for players who actually know what they're doing. I regularly see level 380+ players in D2 who would struggle to even get top 4's in D1, let alone win down there. Some of them might not even be capable of winning S3's.

It's not like handicapping tiers by level is going to do anything for don't-know-what-they're-doing players, anyway. Ban all, I dunno, level 350+ players from D1 and you might get rid of a few pesky overpowered vultures, but in return you'd just see more capable players go to D1 who are just shy of 350 and either A) currently competing in D2 or even D3 because D1 isn't winnable for them, or B) vulturing S3 and below. The net result for most people who like to complain about overlevelled players stealing their league prizes would probably just be that they'll fail to win those prizes by smaller margins.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Once I get a girl in a champion area, I just let it sit for a while.  I came back to it today, levelled up my girls [for contest], and it's been so long that the I do 50% of the champion's damage in one ticket, and get 300% of my harem's max production from 1 ticket!  This is incredible!  I'll play 1 ticket there whenever the 10% daily refresh reduces my damage done back to zero.  It's even more than I get from selling the item I'd get from finishing him.... and then he'd just get stronger and less profitable.

This game, such as in the real world, requires you to make decisions regarding how you want to play the game. If you want lots of ymens, don't buy stuff from the market, fight trolls that give you the most money back and sell items from the pachinko orbs you do get. I find (when the devs increase prices or change the game in such a way that ymens go flying out the window) I have to sometimes curb spending in order to maintain a balance between income and expenditures. Yes, you can argue that I have the ability to do this because I've been playing a long time and I'm of a higher level (I'm one of the types that was mentioned earlier that would struggle winning in a lower league if I felt a desire to "cheat" by dropping down), but I'm also f2p, have never bought a bundle or monthly card and I've gotten lucky through allot of the game changes that have allowed me to have a large and upgraded harem. I was very much like you, where I didn't have any ymens and was struggling to buy and upgrade, but one day I noticed that I was making allot of ymens and I was able to upgrade my harem and also buy items from the market. As mentioned earlier, have patience and you will get to the point you are trying to achieve. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 10:07 PM, Cantrix said:

While i agree that it's way more easyer than before, taking away stuff that players are used with will always feel disappointing. And he is right about the replacement of ymens with orbs. The orbs would have been an awesome addition not a replacement for the league rewards, not that complaining about it will change anything. :D

Give a man a gold coin every day, and if you stop you will be hated

Slap a man every day, and if you stop you would be appreciated

Also, why are the orbs not replacement for league rewards? did you know that you can actually get girls with the pachinko orbs? so far i got several like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrttao said:

Also, why are the orbs not replacement for league rewards? did you know that you can actually get girls with the pachinko orbs? so far i got several like that.

After countless tries with the orbs, I have won an endless supply of completely useless avatars.
I recently won one girl (suspiciously, right at the time they had the survey regarding the orb feature).
The other items I have won are useful (either directly or when sold for Ymen). 
I think they need to balance the odds better (or simply reduce the number of avatars and/or increase the number of items). 

And even after I stopped I bet the man I used to slap every day would still hate me.
What kind of twisted loser would appreciate someone who had been doing that?

Edited by ali-n
grammar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ali-n said:

And even after I stopped I bet the man I used to slap every day would still hate me.
What kind of twisted loser would appreciate someone who had been doing that?

Well, Ali-n, as the the hastily amended proverb goes: one man's kink is another man's poison! 😉

• Haha 2

On 3/20/2020 at 3:00 AM, mrttao said:

I hate the orbs for one simple reason, to me they are useless. I don't spin the epic pachinko because there are some "girls" in the pool i'd give tons of kobans to avoid. Looking at Gork, Sara Jay, Bodybuilder and so on... So for me ymens were way more useful.

Now if they allow me to remove girls from my harem, i'd be all up for the orbs, but as it is now i'm participating in ToF  only for the kobans. Have amassed over 70 orbs currently, which are simply sitting there. Wining a girl should never feel like a punishment, but for me the EP feels just like that.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 8:58 PM, ali-n said:

After countless tries with the orbs, I have won an endless supply of completely useless avatars.
I recently won one girl (suspiciously, right at the time they had the survey regarding the orb feature).

I won 3 girls, days before the survay

I also got a bunch of purple equipment to wear. enough to actually finally replace my old and stagnating purple gear.

• Like 1