[ 19-Mar-20 ] Spring Holidays - Discussion

FinderKeeper

On 3/22/2020 at 2:41 AM, jyepie said:

with the older events for Hentai clicker i had no problem spending kobans to buy boosters and i didn't win all of them, this puzzle game is OVERLY hard. i dont know if you understand that, it is MUCH more harder than it needs to be.

I do understand that, completely.  It came down to less than an hour to go for me to complete the last puzzle without spending any kobans, and that was with a large amount of patience and planning.  If I had made one mistake, I wouldn't have finished the event without spending kobans.  If that one mistake had led to others, I might not have finished the event.  But then, I wasn't about to spend real money, so if that had happened, I would have lost.  All I was saying is that, while jedc22 mentioned that you don't play a game to lose, you don't go in always expecting to win, either.

On 3/22/2020 at 12:17 AM, LanceHardwood said:

You got it wrong. What we're trying to say is that it should be winnable by everyone who puts in a reasonable amount of effort, which isn't equal to everyone who plays it. But if it's required to have a perfect record and timing and anything else amounts to failure, then something isn't right.

Thing is, I did win the event.  And yes, it took a lot of effort, but I didn't spend any kobans, either.  And no, I didn't make any mistakes, but If I had only spent the kobans I received in the event, itself, I still would have been able to make ten mistakes.  Bugs and other reasons for dissatisfaction with the event aside, I don't see that as unreasonable.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:53 AM, jedc22 said:

you don't play a game to lose

A simple browser based game costs next to nothing to produce and host, especially relative to the costs charged.

There is a reason why candy crush has multiple iterations of its game in the top ten highest grossing mobile games, and this game is doing a really poor job emulating that.

Candy Crush makes for a good example: do you win every level, every time?  So, no, "you don't play a game to lose," but what I'm saying is that you shouldn't go into a game expecting to win every time.  The key to it, and what I really see as the cause for argument, here, is the balance between too easy and too hard.  Seems most people are finding that this event was too hard.  I found that with a previous event, myself.  I just didn't think it was true of this one.  In fact, I really enjoyed this event -- how's that for an unpopular opinion?

And yes, I simple browser-based game doesn't cost much to produce and host -- if you only take monetary costs into account.  What about all of the artwork in this game?  What about the story writing?  Those things take time and effort, and the devs deserve to get paid for that, not just for covering the costs of production and hosting.

4 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Candy Crush makes for a good example: do you win every level, every time?  So, no, "you don't play a game to lose," but what I'm saying is that you shouldn't go into a game expecting to win every time. 

No, you restart the level at no cost, free to try again until you succeed. this event was succeed now or lose forever.

In fact, I really enjoyed this event -- how's that for an unpopular opinion?

The event itself was fine imo. The way it was implemented/run was a disaster. I believe that is were many peoples issues were.

And yes, I simple browser-based game doesn't cost much to produce and host -- if you only take monetary costs into account.  What about all of the artwork in this game?  What about the story writing?  Those things take time and effort, and the devs deserve to get paid for that, not just for covering the costs of production and hosting.

most are reused assets and even those that are not are repeated on a loop throughout the levels. Ofc there isn't going to be thousands of different ones but the point being is once made, it doesn't require anything else. the loop is there and provides income by existing. the only thing that is added is a new background every couple thousand levels when you add more to the max rank, and any time a new girl is added.

Not to say these don't take time and effort, but I'd be willing to bet their ROI is highly in their favor. They're doing just fine in that department. More than fine I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, maxafax said:

I maxed on all the power stuff chuck </spoiler>

I wonder if you can recall amount of mojo needed to get that last level of, lets say, Mojo Amulettes? Or any other craft?

Just to have an idea how high those prices go.

3 minutes ago, Cursed666 said:

I wonder if you can recall amount of mojo needed to get that last level of, lets say, Mojo Amulettes? Or any other craft?

Just to have an idea how high those prices go.

I think it was somewhere in the A7 range but cant remember exact amount was a long time ago

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 4:14 PM, jedc22 said:

The event itself was fine imo. The way it was implemented/run was a disaster. I believe that is were many peoples issues were.

Agreed.  For instance, I really think they should have calculated the cap on accumulated moves at 12 hours worth, rather than 8 hours and 20 minutes.  I mean geez, even in HH, your limit on combativity is 20, which is earned in 10 hours.  So you can get a good night's sleep and a nice breakfast without having to worry about using your points.  Or work an eight-hour shift with a commute on either end.

BTW, good point about being able to replay levels in Candy Crush.  I lost on that event a couple ago where the difficulty was much higher than the previous ones.  Now I'll always feel like I'm behind by one.

Edited by EdMuse
  • Like 1