[ 19-Mar-20 ] Spring Holidays - Discussion

FinderKeeper

this event is some other bullshit.not only do you have some scummy underhanded tactics with the setup, you have to make the picture bounce around so you can't see half of it, and then make it some dumbass thing like a rock?!? so every piece looks the same and there are no corners or any pieces to go off of?

This entire event is one giant cashgrab, and you can tell because they put one of the most powerful girls in the game behind it. the other being the second girl they introduced this event, which is gacha and like twice as good (at least) as finalmecia. Imagine that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure what the idea is with this event in general. I'll spend a bit to get the girl now, but if it becomes a trend of "must spend kobans on each event" then I'll probably just quit. Considering that it already takes much more effort than an idle clicker game should, I'll get more time to play other games, but my OCD is keeping me here for now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, test_anon said:

Stage 7 you mean ?

It takes sometimes to get the first corner, but then, it goes easy.

Yeah, for stage 7 I actually created a 4x5 grid in Excel, where each cell represented a piece in the "pool" on the left, then figured out the position of the pieces on the bottom row before I placed a single piece.

6 hours ago, extecter said:

why are so many people trying to get all the corner pieces ? just take one and work your way up from there

Agreed.  I figure placing all four corners first is risky.  What if one of those is wrong?  For six out of seven stages, so far (I started stage 1 in the middle), I've started with the bottom right corner and built the bottom row, first.  Once you've got that, you can build onto any of the pieces in that row, working upward.  Five pieces to go; just waiting for the moves.  But I'm sure I've got it right.

<rant>

One thing I'll say about this event, and I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion: yeah, it could be longer, or the cool-downs could be shorter, or any other way of making the event more winnable could be done.  And I wouldn't mind.  But here's the thing: As I read the comments in this thread, it seems to me that a lot of people are coming from the standpoint that the event should be winnable by everyone who plays it.  It seems to me that this isn't how games work.  If everyone wins, then the game is too easy.  Me, I've calculated that I have one move worth of leeway before I have to start spending kobans, and then I will have 20 moves worth of kobans to see me through.  If that doesn't cut it, I lose.  Well, I could pay, but I'll own up to being a free2player.  So, hey, I play plenty of games that I lose.  As long as I know it's possible to win, I don't feel like I can blame the game.  And this one is certainly possible to win, especially if you take into account the fact that there are 6000 kobans in rewards along the way.  So yeah, I feel bad for the people who've lost moves to experimentation.  And for those who've lost moves to bugs, that really sucks!  The devs should refund those moves.  In future events like this, I'd also like to see the move cap raised so that I can sleep in on a Saturday morning.  But if I blow it, I blow it.

And to put perhaps too fine a point on it, if it's possible to win without paying, then it isn't PTW.  If it's easier to win by paying, then as a free2player, that's fine with me.  Now, if it were impossible to win without paying, if the only way to get the reward were to pay, then basically you're buying the reward, not playing a game.  That would be lame.  But speaking as an artist, it bothers me that in a game that's being given away for free, in which it is possible to succeed without paying in a cent, the devs are being labeled as greedy.  I see people all the time saying artwork should be given away for free, that I should do what I do purely for the love of it.  Screw that.  We should be thankful they let us play their game without paying for it, rather than complaining that they want us to pay for it.

</rant>

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EdMuse said:

<rant>.....</rant>

You got it wrong. What we're trying to say is that it should be winnable by everyone who puts in a reasonable amount of effort, which isn't equal to everyone who plays it. But if it's required to have a perfect record and timing and anything else amounts to failure, then something isn't right.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EdMuse said:

One thing I'll say about this event, and I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion

well, about the only thing you're right about there is that it's an unpopular opinion. you don't play a game to lose, and you don't paywall things off. You have your base game, the events keep people playing the game that would otherwise get stale and you make your money off the boosts and gacha, given it's a single player game selling boosts doesn't hurt anyone. then they need new "content" because if not the people who buy those boosts will have nothing to use them on. you think they don't make money? most of these games make make their money off just a handful of people. A simple browser based game costs next to nothing to produce and host, especially relative to the costs charged.

There is a reason why candy crush has multiple iterations of its game in the top ten highest grossing mobile games, and this game is doing a really poor job emulating that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this event will succeed in doing what it is designed to do - get players to spend Kobans.  Given the very slim chance you would be able to get the girl without spending Kobans, I look at this girl as just a guaranteed and cheaper Gatcha girl.

Like others, I think that these puzzles would make a good way to spend Kobans to get girls full-time.  The gatcha is a ripoff anyway - 9000 Kobans for a 20% chance to get a girl that has an 80% chance of being useless.  So having a way to guarantee getting something for Kobans would be a nice replacement for the gatcha.

But if Kinkoid does this as an event again, PLEASE remove (or at least greatly increase) the maximum number of stored moves you can have.  Forcing players to log in every 8 hours is really too much, especially since many players have long log-in times (30min-1hour to log in).  Respect that the player has a life outside of this game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, casket said:

It's a tough situation because as someone else pointed out earlier in this thread, if we spend kobans on moves this event, we send the message that an event like this is okay.

Some or most of us may end up with having to spend less than 9k kobans to finish this event and get Sabrina, which is arguably worth it, but on top of the extremely small room for error there's been a huge bug causing us to lose moves from the very beginning that they haven't fixed (wonder why.)

I should have the kobans to spare to get Sabrina but I'm debating passing just so we never get another event like this

4 hours ago, jedc22 said:

this event is some other bullshit.not only do you have some scummy underhanded tactics with the setup, you have to make the picture bounce around so you can't see half of it, and then make it some dumbass thing like a rock?!? so every piece looks the same and there are no corners or any pieces to go off of?

This entire event is one giant cashgrab, and you can tell because they put one of the most powerful girls in the game behind it. the other being the second girl they introduced this event, which is gacha and like twice as good (at least) as finalmecia. Imagine that.

3 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

Not sure what the idea is with this event in general. I'll spend a bit to get the girl now, but if it becomes a trend of "must spend kobans on each event" then I'll probably just quit. Considering that it already takes much more effort than an idle clicker game should, I'll get more time to play other games, but my OCD is keeping me here for now.

this is what i mean,  you guys are right

Usually when it comes to puzzle games for android (puzzle games for your phone) MOST puzzle games have a feature that locks the puzzle piece in place if you put it correctly,

if you play a puzzle game on your phone, if you place the puzzle piece where it belongs, it locks in place, it gets glued to its place, it gets stuck there if that makes sense. 

thats now most puzzle games work (most of the puzzle  games i have downloaded. 

for this game they did not even give us that essential part of a puzzle game, Ive played  dozens of puzzle games on my phone and they all have feature of locking your piece in place. i know this is  a "clicker" game, but the event doesnt even follow puzzle game rules. 

3 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Yeah, for stage 7 I actually created a 4x5 grid in Excel, where each cell represented a piece in the "pool" on the left, then figured out the position of the pieces on the bottom row before I placed a single piece.

Agreed.  I figure placing all four corners first is risky.  What if one of those is wrong?  For six out of seven stages, so far (I started stage 1 in the middle), I've started with the bottom right corner and built the bottom row, first.  Once you've got that, you can build onto any of the pieces in that row, working upward.  Five pieces to go; just waiting for the moves.  But I'm sure I've got it right.

<rant>

One thing I'll say about this event, and I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion: yeah, it could be longer, or the cool-downs could be shorter, or any other way of making the event more winnable could be done.  And I wouldn't mind.  But here's the thing: As I read the comments in this thread, it seems to me that a lot of people are coming from the standpoint that the event should be winnable by everyone who plays it.  It seems to me that this isn't how games work.  If everyone wins, then the game is too easy.  Me, I've calculated that I have one move worth of leeway before I have to start spending kobans, and then I will have 20 moves worth of kobans to see me through.  If that doesn't cut it, I lose.  Well, I could pay, but I'll own up to being a free2player.  So, hey, I play plenty of games that I lose.  As long as I know it's possible to win, I don't feel like I can blame the game.  And this one is certainly possible to win, especially if you take into account the fact that there are 6000 kobans in rewards along the way.  So yeah, I feel bad for the people who've lost moves to experimentation.  And for those who've lost moves to bugs, that really sucks!  The devs should refund those moves.  In future events like this, I'd also like to see the move cap raised so that I can sleep in on a Saturday morning.  But if I blow it, I blow it.

And to put perhaps too fine a point on it, if it's possible to win without paying, then it isn't PTW.  If it's easier to win by paying, then as a free2player, that's fine with me.  Now, if it were impossible to win without paying, if the only way to get the reward were to pay, then basically you're buying the reward, not playing a game.  That would be lame.  But speaking as an artist, it bothers me that in a game that's being given away for free, in which it is possible to succeed without paying in a cent, the devs are being labeled as greedy.  I see people all the time saying artwork should be given away for free, that I should do what I do purely for the love of it.  Screw that.  We should be thankful they let us play their game without paying for it, rather than complaining that they want us to pay for it.

</rant>

this is bs because I spend my kobans on Hentai Heroes and i get to play to win the girls, why is hentai heroes better at rewarding girls in the events? 

with the older events for Hentai clicker i had no problem spending kobans to buy boosters and i didn't win all of them, this puzzle game is OVERLY hard. i dont know if you understand that, it is MUCH more harder than it needs to be. the events on Hentai Heroes are hard but winnable. you can spend kobans for extra fight turns in that game. it is hard but doable.  Hentai heroes never got this bad. this is pretty pretty hard. almost impossible. 

this new puzzle event is almost impossible to win, EVEN if you buy moves with kobans, if you are not good at puzzle games you will waste your money. the event is not even winnable by spending kobans if you place the puzzle pieces wrong. at least with older events, they were hard but you could buy boosters and reach the  goal, you didn't have to do Geometry math homework, the older events were still a clicker event. 

if they wanted kobans they should not do these events so hard. i seriously cant imagine a lot of people buying moves with the puzzles being so weird. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind spend kobans on event like that… the problem is that the Gacha is way too costly in kobans that all earned kobans go to it.

And for paying… the cost is way too high. Gacha cost too much (and in my personnal opinion is bugged), and have no interest has we lack affection to unlock girls perks, in the shop, affection costs even more, it is absolutely not worthing it. And in this event, the cost of new moves is ridiculous.

I do not mind spending money, I am willing to do so… but I am not stupid, and the game does not incite me to do so.

Even more considering the number of silly bugs, or the fact that new features are implemented without any reflexion.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, [CNO] Tsuga said:

LastStage.jpg.8c56a3c2e0fcfc81bba608c62c42d7ed.jpg

This pretty much sums up the event. Except for the difficulty and how insanely annoying it is for someone who sucks at puzzles. +1 anyway (and to those who whined about this joke, come on... it would actually have been pretty easy compared to the random shapes they've used).

Anyways, this event offended me so much I gave up on it, and I might even give up on the game itself because of it. Not what devs should aim for, I'm sure, but I doubt I'm the only one. Hopefully they'll make up for it with the next one, and/or with a rework of the Gacha and/or koban system. In the meantime... I'll be playing other things instead. Good luck, have fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, test_anon said:

I wouldn't mind spend kobans on event like that… the problem is that the Gacha is way too costly in kobans that all earned kobans go to it.

And for paying… the cost is way too high. Gacha cost too much (and in my personnal opinion is bugged), and have no interest has we lack affection to unlock girls perks, in the shop, affection costs even more, it is absolutely not worthing it. And in this event, the cost of new moves is ridiculous.

I do not mind spending money, I am willing to do so… but I am not stupid, and the game does not incite me to do so.

Even more considering the number of silly bugs, or the fact that new features are implemented without any reflexion.

i come back to Hentai heroes, you need kobans to fight for the girls, but there are so many girls to be won 

story girls, event girls, pachinko girls, mission girls, you have the tower fights as well and the story. this Game only has the girls to collect, but they are very small in number. and the events are too hard, so to get girls in this game is going to become impossible. as a clicker game without a story or without fights, this game basically needs a lot of girls to be won, but they are doing the opposite, most events are too hard to win and people cant win girls. im not sure why it is this way. 

image.png.3de70680ad02b6b8bc561d758fe7bed3.png

Right now, that's the progress that I have in this event, I just wasted 1 extra movement in one of the puzzles. Not a single refill at this moment.

What do you think? Is it possible to finish the event without spending kobans or not ?

6 minutes ago, Parce92 said:

image.png.3de70680ad02b6b8bc561d758fe7bed3.png

Right now, that's the progress that I have in this event, I just wasted 1 extra movement in one of the puzzles. Not a single refill at this moment.

What do you think? Is it possible to finish the event without spending kobans or not ? 

Not too difficult: 50 Tiles for lvl 9&10 plus 15 Tiles left is 65 Tiles á 50 min each, so you'll need 3250 Minutes or 54 hours and 10 Minutes. You have 2d 4h or 48h+4h=52h leaving you 2h and 10 min  resp. 3 Moves short. Since you still make 3K Kobans for Stage 9 you can spend 2.2K for 5 moves which would be enough.

It seems like they calculated the exact number of moves necessary to do the event if you start at the first second and end at the last second, then forgot to build in any breathing room.

The Koban rewards maybe were supposed to be said 'breathing room' but it feels awful to get them and then be immediately forced to spend them.  It would have been better if they just gave us more moves directly.

This could be a fun optional mechanic with a little retooling.  Gain moves or partial moves for hitting certain stages so that being able to hit higher stages gets you more moves per reset, then put puzzles together for small rewards with the option of spending Kobans to unlock a higher tier of reward.  Something like a free reward plus a locked chest of rewards that requires a key.

• Thanks 1

Its a hard one for sure. Personally I started around 2 hours late and missed an hour or so on the 10 cap after my first nights sleep - before I figured out that there was no leeway. Havent done any mistakes yet and playing from a pc, so seemingly at least for me there was little to no lag and no bugs hit me. So at this point, I think Im still just within finishing with 5 extra moves bought. So this will work for me as there are koban rewards to buy almost 15.

It has required more effort than I was really aiming to put in and I only really managed it cause Im more or less staying home with little to do due to the corona. It reminds me of other games Ive played and tired of due to too high demands on time or wallet.

Thats not something I usually associate with Harem Heroes or the various spin offs of it, do possibly it wasnt intentional to make it this event this hard...?

The style of event is fun and it got me to actually play the game again for a bit after being bored from honestly hating the clicker side of it, but honestly.... this just feels like the Legendary Days of HentaiClicker, if you optimize your moves from the very second it starts, you might be able to win without spending, but overall, it feels designed to make you spend. If it lasted just 1 more day, it would be a great and fun event imo with less pressure to make every move count to perfection. With 1 more day to it, I'd honestly love this event and play more regularly.

I'd say the upside is that it gives you kobans in the event to be able to still get through it for free with using the ones you win if you're off a little, but as pricey as the Gacha is and with no guaranteed mode to get the girl unlike HH's Epic Pachinko x10, every koban as a f2p is rather needed there, and I would image they still get plenty of spenders going there to make money and not be hurting enough to need an event designed to try to trick you into spending, but what do I know.

Edited by Kirigakure

It's too late for any revision of the event now, but I hope the next one doesn't repeat the same format. Oh and another thing to note is that the event ends midday for some of us, which if you're at work or busy during that time is another huge hit on available moves. Well thought out, this event is not.