Arena rewards.

Varlock

It is terrible idea to remove arena rewards.
It was only 1 way to level up faster then other players, and now it's over.
And it is the first time, I think to drop this game away... (and I do so in 2-3 weeks, if there will be no fix or another ways to level up faster then other players)

• Like 4

XP, ¥mens, Booster/Gift rewards from the Arena performances will be removed.

Not a good idea, yes, we can still obtain a weekly reward for playing (beyond the "daily quests"). Removing all prizes except for (1) giving girls affection, (2) giving girls experience, and (3) accumulating Mojo removes a player's sense of accomplishment and adds zero to the enjoyment of the game.

• Like 5

They stated that bonus xp (one of the prizes that could appear) in the daily quests in Arena will be permanent and that it will be doubled:

Doubled XP in the Daily Quest and moved as a guaranteed second reward

I guess that compensates for the loss of XP rewards. Now XP is obtainable at once. No need to farm Arena for the whole day. 

Edited by Тёмный Властелин

Since you can't gain additional exp compared to others, this is the same for them, they can't catch up to your level, the exp gap will remain the same (except your slacking off). Sure it takes some strategy away to play this game "24/7" *cough*. But in your case it's not so bad to be rang 6 forever ;)  Still if you want to quit, can I have your stuff? :D

• Like 1

I would agree though, I'd like some sort of reward for individual arena battles, the ones we had were borderline worthless, whereas now they're literally worthless. Welp, we'll see, hopefully they figure something out, individual Arena fights mattering would be nice :/

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

They stated that bonus xp (one of the prizes that could appear) in the daily quests in Arena will be permanent and that it will be doubled:

I guess that compensates for the loss of XP rewards. Now XP is obtainable at once. No need to farm Arena for the whole day. 

If the intent is to make everyone equal without regard for time spent in the game, this change accomplishes that. Unfortunately, it does so at the expense of a player's enjoyment and places the burden of competition on a single, daily event.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

We've been discussing an upcoming event in a different thread, but this does seem like a pre-event change, this seems like something they did for Path of Attraction, we'll see how this pans out in the future.

I hope this wasn't the primary reason for the change. Removing the XP gain, minuscule as it was, will cause every daily contest with XP as a component to suffer when it comes to player competition.

4 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I hope this wasn't the primary reason for the change. Removing the XP gain, minuscule as it was, will cause every daily contest with XP as a component to suffer when it comes to player competition.

It will also punish people for the Leagues. I've been getting most of my boosters through arena wins, so not getting those will hurt a lot. My guess is theyre incentivizing people to spend their Mythic/Epic orbs faster, so they dont stack them up to 100s like some people did. I do hope they bring back at least some booster/item rewards from arenas, and the xp for contests was pretty damn important now that you mention it, I really hope we see a replacement for it soon (or a reversal of this change after the event).

• Like 2

😐
  • Improved Combativity, Book and Gift quality as a first reward in Daily Quest
  • Doubled XP in the Daily Quest and moved as a guaranteed second reward
  • Last reward in Daily Quest stays the same (x1 Mythic orb)

The Daily Quests take on a new importance, forcing players to complete it as quickly as possible to have a chance in the Daily Contests dealing with XP. Now it comes to timing. In the Tower of Fame, if you are in the middle of the pack, you hope the contest starts at the start of the Tower of Fame contest when you have the chance to gain experience. If the Daily Contest occurs in the last day or two, you are out of luck since the experience earned for losing a challenge doesn't even equate to winning three arena fights under the system which has been replaced. This problematic multiple event timing means the player's at a higher level than you will almost always win the top spots (and awards).

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

I agree, it sucks that you have no way to get xp whereas others dont (if they play less).

But, honestly, the xp was so little you wouldnt even consider playing it to catch up to high level players. For instance, if I wanted to get one level through arena (382-383) I would need over 80000xp and I was given 22 xp per win. That means around 3630 fights /3 x 4 (if you assume you win every fight) = 4840 kobans if I am not mistaken. That means I would have to pay around 200 Euros for one level - and let's face the hard facts, not even a highroller would spend this much for this little gain.

I would have loved if they changed the rewards to an occassionaly orb or something similar. But on the bright side, at least i can reduce my arena fights drastically since only 16 are needed and I also will give up the TOF reward who's basically also useless.

Edited by blaa
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, blaa said:

I agree, it sucks that you have no way to get xp whereas others dont (if they play less).

But, honestly, the xp was so little you wouldnt even consider playing it to catch up to high level players. For instance, if I wanted to get one level through arena (382-383) I would need over 80000xp and I was given 22 xp per win. That means around 3630 fights /3 x 4 (if you assume you win every fight) = 4840 kobans if I am not mistaken. That means I would have to pay around 200 Euros for one level - and let's face the hard facts, not even a highroller would spend this much for this little gain.

I would have loved if they changed the rewards to an occassionaly orb or something similar. But on the bright side, at least i can reduce my arena fights drastically since only 16 are needed and I also will give up the TOF reward who's basically also useless.

The XP granted in the arena was still 20% more than you get on the last day of a Tower of Fame contest, which means a lot when you are fighting to place well in a daily competition.

The affection items were not much (most of the time), but they could make a difference when attempting to increase a girls' star ranking.

The occasional book meant you could sometimes level up a girl when the market was empty.

The odd "booster" reward said you could save on kobans at the lower levels.

And, just to round things out, the minuscule monetary and equipment reward could sometimes help when it came time to pay for leveling up a girl.

All of this (and more) and it only cost 24 kobans to refresh and try again if you didn't want to wait.

These arguments are what was trotted-out to me as justification for the 24 koban cost to refresh. Do they still apply? They don't.

It still cost 24 kobans to refresh, but can anyone show me where the refresh cost is worth it? Or perhaps how a player can come from behind to win a daily contest? Or even how this brings anything but stagnation to the game when no player choice is possible, short of spending real-world money?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

The XP granted in the arena was still 20% more than you get on the last day of a Tower of Fame contest, which means a lot when you are fighting to place well in a daily competition.

The affection items were not much (most of the time), but they could make a difference when attempting to increase a girls' star ranking.

The occasional book meant you could sometimes level up a girl when the market was empty.

The odd "booster" reward said you could save on kobans at the lower levels.

And, just to round things out, the minuscule monetary and equipment reward could sometimes help when it came time to pay for leveling up a girl.

All of this (and more) and it only cost 24 kobans to refresh and try again if you didn't want to wait.

These arguments are what was trotted-out to me as justification for the 24 koban cost to refresh. Do they still apply? They don't.

It still cost 24 kobans to refresh, but can anyone show me where the refresh cost is worth it? Or perhaps how a player can come from behind to win a daily contest? Or even how this brings anything but stagnation to the game when no player choice is possible, short of spending real-world money?

I agree, you cant argue that you now have more rewards than before for the same amount. You havent, obviously. But you can argue about if it's still reasonable or not. And I think, since you really didnt lose anything, it's still a reasonable decision, especially since 

... the XP could make a difference but wouldnt in 999/1000 cases

.... the affection item could make a difference but wouldnt in 999/1000 cases

... the occasional book could make adifference but wouldnt in 999/1000 cases

... and so on

Sure, I also had an arena refill from time to time, for instance when I only missed 60 xp for a level up and my market was actual refreshing in this moment, but none of this very, very few times were game changing (and most likely it almost ever was a bad decision koban wise (it was for sure paying 4 kobans just to refresh the market right away with the lvl up, when I most likely lost this half hour a day or two later anyway)

And yes, if somebody takes something from you it always sucks, but that's not always as dramatic as it feels in the first place

• Thanks 1

i like some of the new thing, as exemple are the exp as 2nd reward great and if wanted to get the same ammount of exp bevor this patch i need to be 20 hours aktive and to win all arena fights!

I even wont miss the book or the affection present, but i liked the ammount of ymen and many people will miss the free booster!

• Like 1

I remember when Daily quest were giving alot of XP and the Arena didn't.They then nerfed the daily missions and put some xp into Arena. And now they undo this and voila - we did a patch!

In a year or so they will redo the same as a new content! I don't see where is the "new" part in this patch. This was actual in 2018.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pelinor said:

You're not being forced to get your league wins early in the week and the losses at the end, you know.

3 hours ago, Pelinor said:

It still cost 24 kobans to refresh, but can anyone show me where the refresh cost is worth it?

It was never worth it to any reasonable player, the only exception being people who can win D3 at will and don't know what else to do with their kobans.

2 hours ago, SuperTanya said:

I remember when Daily quest were giving alot of XP and the Arena didn't.They then nerfed the daily missions and put some xp into Arena. And now they undo this and voila - we did a patch!

You remember wrong. Daily missions were nerfed in 2018 in favour of leagues, not arena. There was in fact a later increase in arena XP, but this came together with an increase in the daily missions XP, not a decrease. (For players below level 400 at least.)

Also, this week's patch doesn't actually change anything about daily missions XP.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pelinor said:

The Daily Quests take on a new importance, forcing players to complete it as quickly as possible to have a chance in the Daily Contests dealing with XP.

Can I ask how you think the speed with which you complete the daily missions will affect your placing in a contest?

1 hour ago, _shal_ said:

You're not being forced to get your league wins early in the week and the losses at the end, you know.

In point of fact, I wish this was true, but in my case, I am forced to play this way as I work three 15 hour shifts which start at the beginning of the league contests. The game chooses which 15 fights I play during those time periods. Not an excuse, a fact of life. Let's say the reverse was true for the sake of the discussion. I would still be forced to pick and choose who to fight based on what other contests are going on.

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Can I ask how you think the speed with which you complete the daily missions will affect your placing in a contest?

First, a point of clarification, so we are on the same page. When I speak of the daily missions, I refer to the whole activity, the cute little stories that grant XP's of some other reward, not merely the blue koban reward bars, which indicate completion of the daily mission. To complete the whole thing, I have to hit most of the items at night and pray work doesn't call me in before I finish the batch. Now, when a daily contest called for XP's in the past, I was able to skip the occasional event item because I could make up for it with arena wins. This is no longer an option. To effectively compete, I have to finish everything or I will lose, plain and simple. Even by rushing things through there is no guarantee I will do more than obtain a place in the middle of the pack. There is no longer any strategy involved as almost all gameplay options have been gutted. Why am I having to explain myself when there isn't a single individual on the forums that has argued in this patch's favor?

19 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

First, a point of clarification, so we are on the same page. When I speak of the daily missions, I refer to the whole activity, the cute little stories that grant XP's of some other reward, not merely the blue koban reward bars, which indicate completion of the daily mission. To complete the whole thing, I have to hit most of the items at night and pray work doesn't call me in before I finish the batch. Now, when a daily contest called for XP's in the past, I was able to skip the occasional event item because I could make up for it with arena wins. This is no longer an option. To effectively compete, I have to finish everything or I will lose, plain and simple. Even by rushing things through there is no guarantee I will do more than obtain a place in the middle of the pack. There is no longer any strategy involved as almost all gameplay options have been gutted. Why am I having to explain myself when there isn't a single individual on the forums that has argued in this patch's favor?

I'm asking you to explain yourself because I didn't understand what you were saying. Yes, I too refer to all of them collectively as the daily missions (3x1 minute, 3x 5 minute, 3x 10 minute and 3x15 minutes for a total of 12), the one that rewards kobans I typically call the the event mission. So we're talking about the same thing here. I'm still not seeing a difference between completing these right after reset versus doing so 10 hours after reset or 20 hours after reset, so I'm not sure how speed affects things for everyone. Yes I can see how your personal play might be affected, but I was wondering if I'd missed a mechanic or if you'd misunderstood a mechanic to make the time at which these missions were done matter. It seems that isn't the case, you just have to change how you play. That's quite common when patches overhaul mechanics, most of us will have to adjust how we play.

As usual the xp removal from arena wins sucks for me, i don't know about gogeta or any other player and i don't care but it seems that they removed a feature that only a handful of players were exploiting (i mean the whales of course) because i was doing arena refreshes in pretty much three situations, either in a contest, weekly tof or if i was like 2k-4k xp away from leveling up.

I don't really care about the contest or weeky tof since the xp from arena wins doesn't matter there but i hate to see myself being like 1000 xp away from leveling up and having no way to level up right then and there even if that means paying kobans.

btw it just came to me but since they removed both the xp and the items we were getting from the arena wins shouldn't they also reduce the koban cost of refreshing from 24 kobans to something like 18 or even better 12 kobans to balance it out ??

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It seems that isn't the case, you just have to change how you play. That's quite common when patches overhaul mechanics, most of us will have to adjust how we play.

I am racking my brain trying to discover how I can do any better at this point. On workdays, I have between an hour and an hour and a half free time. The Daily missions take all of that and then some. Before, I could make up some lost ground via arena combats. That option has been gutted and I see no replacement or alternative being presented. Should I tell the Pathologists or Surgeon they have to wait while I finish my games Daily activities? (don't answer, it is a dumb question reflecting my frustration of the moment)

Stupid KK as usual, in patch notes they said "DOUBLED XP in the Daily Quest and moved as a guaranteed second reward", well i remember that i was getting 1840 xp more or less before, this means 3680 xp more or less doubled and instead of that i am getting 2960 xp.

• Like 2