[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

I wonder if the brackets have a secondary grouping criteria for account age? My join date was Sept. 2017, and in my level group that would mean either not very active players or (in my case) alternating periods of very active and completely inactive. That would kinda explain the lower scores in my bracket.

THE FUCKING LAG MAN

I might've wasted kobans and gotten beaten by the lag- it depends if the game recorded my 15x battles in time...

image.png.8a096027b117406a9a0fee0db99d0406.png
Ez 😎
all it costed was 2 refills in League and the 15x battles option, and also a lot of sanity and entirety of yesterday to CONSTANTLY spam the useless arena battles...

Edited by Čamuga
It worked! :D
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikcris said:

In the last minutes the "French" will always beat you...

They tried. Sure enough a french guy got to around 37k points in the last 5 minutes. But he underestimated me. 1 league (partial) refill and a perform x15 in the last 20 seconds = 186 total kobans spent, but I got her:

1662371507_HHLcontest3.png.8ba0eeada0e3ee5610c253858d179481.png

• Like 4

Well seems that i got her (placed 4th), Yes i've used 2000 kobans but only becouse this kind of event is very stressful to me and i don't wanna be part of it anymore. For the ones that i've defeated: sorry and good luck in the next days

• Like 4

Just now, Xemnas said:

Well seems that i got her (placed 4th), Yes i've used 2000 kobans but only becouse this kind of event is very stressful to me and i don't wanna be part of it anymore. For the ones that i've defeated: sorry and good luck in the next days

Exactly same here. I planned originally on waiting for one of the later days to try to get her free, but it was a high level of stress that I just wanted to be rid of

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Urist said:

They tried. Sure enough a french guy got to around 37k points in the last 5 minutes. But he underestimated me. 1 league (partial) refill and a perform x15 in the last 20 seconds = 186 total kobans spent, but I got her:

1662371507_HHLcontest3.png.8ba0eeada0e3ee5610c253858d179481.png

You got nothing - 0 parts

• Haha 5
  • Thinking 1

hace 5 minutos, casket dijo:

Managed to hold 3rd place even with the lag. I feel a huge amount of relief having this done 🤣 I had 44k points for some sort of reference on my bracket

I think you should write "thanks to the lag" instead of "even with the lag" 😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kenrae said:

I think you should write "thanks to the lag" instead of "even with the lag" 😁

True, the reason I wrote it that way was because I saw others creeping on me and did a last minute refill. I only ended up getting through 7 of the fights before the contest ended because of the lag 😁

Well, I tossed my plan out the window for 3 reasons:

1. Had a lot of computer issues today to deal with. Not on my main PC, but one I'm trying to get set up dual booting to Linux, plus the GF's machine, and some tech support for friends. This caused me to be up late, which let me get a later look than usual. I'm east coast US, and I'm still up, so it's Thursday in sleep/wake days. Tried to use Arena fights as best I could.

2. I saw I was one Arena refill out of top 10 (ended in 9th), so did that. Felt good about it, and went back to doing stuff. Figured that would lock in a top 25, and maybe I could get a top 10.

3. Came back, used my attacks, and had moved up to 7th. Saw I was 2 refills out of 4th. Decided to toss slow & steady out the window. Refilled twice, fought Arenas twice. Got passed with a few minutes to go, and decided one more refill gets me to 3rd, but time is short.

Summary: Spent Kobans on 4 refills, plus one instant attack. Total dollars spent on this game is still ZERO.

Result: 3rd place got girl.

Analysis: Non-spenders can do fine, but they need to smart, have some luck. Mine was really good getting her day 1, but I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten her with the original plan; and certain that the 50 drop for a top 10 would've been enough, but better to focus on life this weekend.

• Like 4

In the mad group I managed to get a 10th place, sniping a bit at the end. The first 50 shards assured. I could have done a 25th place (at 34000 points) and waited for the next days to get the rest of the shards, but I will be busy this weekend and not sure of how much time I could spare for the game, so better be on the safe side.

image.png.cd40f5b9a321c24e3be5d18864697fa3.png

• Like 2