[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

4 hours ago, Karyia said:

It it was like this, it wouldn't be a contest, right? Actually, you wouldn't even need to play at all? :S 

It's the first time, so hopefully it can be tweaked into something better (or just be a complement to an event, rather than be the "event" itself) 🙏

I suppose that's a fair point. My thoughts on the event aren't exactly organized, I guess I just think that maybe girls shouldn't be a contest reward? To me it feels too exclusive.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

Something something epic pachinko collection..

In that note: does it make any sense to spend another 20 to get to a top 4 position? - When I already have 50 points?

If you have 50, and are going to get another 25 or 50, I would say no, don't spend more.

Just now, Taharrush said:

I suppose that's a fair point. My thoughts on the event aren't exactly organized, I guess I just think that maybe girls shouldn't be a contest reward? To me it feels too exclusive.

I would say that maybe the problem is/might be that there aren't any other girls (even if in another way to get them).

If there was, and this was (sort of) a "bonus/special" girl, I don't think that would be an issue 👍

Just now, Karyia said:

I would say that maybe the problem is/might be that there aren't any other girls (even if in another way to get them).

If there was, and this was (sort of) a "bonus/special" girl, I don't think that would be an issue 👍

Ya that would work too.

• Like 1

btw you get on average 21.5 points per day. (4*100 + 6*50 + 15*25)/50. And consider that the "biggest whales" will have spent their kobans early, and they get removed from the pool. That means around 86% of the people playing will get the girl.

So you only have to be better than 14% *on average*.. Considering it gets easier over time. 

Not accounting for "wasted" devotion like peopel ending at 75 points or people getting number 1 after already having some devotion....

My issue with these contests is that someone's success or failure is not entirely within that player's control. If you put in the time and effort to find yourself in 4th then in last few minutes someone else decides to drop kobans, even if it's not that many, then you're screwed. With POA at least you can see your failure coming, and a success won't be snatched away from you at the last minute.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

It's not that this event and PoA are purely for whales, and it's not quite true that only whales succeed. Only big spenders succeed, but big spenders could also be the massive hoarders!  You can be a big spender/hoarder and still be a F2P guy, hell that's what I've been doing for ages lol, but the point is that most people don't want to hamstring themselves in the normal duration of the game just so that they blow their stash on 1 event, which would then leave you powerless for the next 2-3-4 events! I would clean this contest easily had I not blown 100 orbs on the last orgy days. And I've just sold all of my legendary gear that I've gotten from those orbs, with 100M Ymens I'm sure I can win this contest easily, but that's not the point! The point is that PoA and LC changes the way you have to play the game at ALL times. People saw that with the insane ticket requirement last PoA- if u didnt have the tickets, the furthest most people got was the 1st girl. LC is the same. Now to be fair, there is a VERY slim chance for you to get by even without hoarding, but that requires a lot of your time for the entire duration of the event, and most people don't play like that and aren't willing to play like that. And I've bought the 7.2k Koban option in the 2nd PoA, and I still have over 7.2k Kobans left right now- which is my new 0 now, but LC takes this on a whole new level. I'm at level 341 now, at the very end of casual play, and if I dont proceed in the D2 or D3 Leagues, I will definitely get fucked in these future events, just look at the higher level brackets! This type of an event isn't good for anyone but the massive spenders, and even the massive spenders probably don't like playing the way I've just described. I only  competed here because the girl was flat out perfect for my tastes and class, but if they keep pushing this shit I will just ignore the event all together.

I understand you don't like it, but you're wrong all over the place here, but not everywhere.

Bolded item 1:
I spent under 1000 Kobans on this event for 4 Tower refills and a fast play or two on day 1.  That's not a big spender.  I'm not in a low level bracket, either.

Bolded item 2:
Absolutely correct. You're one, as you admit.  I'm sort of one, as I spend kobans as I see fit, and it's to get girls, and for convenience, There are plenty of others. However, smart spending ( see my point above) can trump big spending.

Bolded item 3:
You can choose how you want to play, and make tactical decisions. It's not at all times, it's just during these events, if you want these items. It's just like Epic & Legendary days, where you have to refill a lot to get girls. It's a different thing, but that's a thing people are used to doing. Myself, I don't refill in Epic days, so I refuse to change my playstyle for that event. However, I won't say that it forces me to change my playstyle at all times, because that would be untrue.

Bolded item 4:
I think it's actually pretty good for lower level players who are competing amongst themselves. It gives them access to a legendary girl which when they show up on bosses, they may not have unlocked or not have a chance to get. Not being low level or having a low level alt, I can't confirm that, but I suspect the veterans with low level alts can confirm that.

You've certainly got the right to your opinion, but not everything is as it seems at first glance.

Edited by Zteev
  • Like 1

Just now, Urist said:

My issue with these contests is that someone's success or failure is not entirely within that player's control. If you put in the time and effort to find yourself in 4th then in last few minutes someone else decides to drop kobans, even if it's not that many, then you're screwed. With POA at least you can see your failure coming, and a success won't be snatched away from you at the last minute.

Well I analyze the whole day who lives where and when people are online, so you can get a ballpark knowledge who will be online at the "day switch". Aren't you doing that, it's a *competition* right? And you need to do everything to win, part of that is knowing your opponents. It's not for nothing that the countries are shown! USE that.

2 minutes ago, Urist said:

That is true of all contests and all girl drops during events. Nothing guaranteed to drop, but normally you can spend until you get one, if you have enough saved up.

2 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

it's a *competition* right?

The point is that it shouldn't be.

2 minutes ago, Zteev said:

That is true of all contests and all girl drops during events. Nothing guaranteed to drop, but normally you can spend until you get one, if you have enough saved up.

Maybe, but you can see your progress and kind of have a predictor of your success. I.E I've done 60 fights so far and gotten 36 shards, I have 80 free fights remaining. If my drop rate holds I should be able to get to 100 with 2 refills. Then you can adapt based on any changes that happen and make a semi-informed decision about whether to spend.

• Like 5

Well, there she is

Fo8puXY.png

It looked like some of the participants were still unaware that contest ends 30 min earlier than usual. 

UcIeXdX.png

While I did get the girl, I still think there shouldn't be exclusive girls in the Contests.

All kind of orbs and resources - sure, even some new kind of orb that targets new and ultra rare girl pool - still ok. But not like this.

add: Meanwhile I hover on lvl 359 to avoid promotion to another bracket tier.

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Urist said:

The point is that it shouldn't be.

Ok then we disagree on the basic point. I feel it should be, and should even be more rewarding as a contest/competition.

There are enough events that aren't aimed at competition already, there ought to be more like these.

Finally something that isn't utter luck, and finally something where I don't have to literary draw a lottery ticket.

Edited by pulli23
  • Like 1

Guess I'm lucky I woke up early today? Decided to go for it, now broke af, but at least I won't have to burn down my library to get the girl.

Also for people saying "It's a competition" ~ If that was true, you wouldn't be rewarded for behavior like intentionally dropping yourself into lower leagues on the first day to roll face... Or being in the right time zone. 

• Like 3

The first day I (barely) finished 10th without spending Kobans for refills and so gained 50 shards of Filya.

The second day was way harder. I spent 30 Epic Pachinko orbs, which got me 2 EP girls (Atila and Vivia), but only got me 3000 points in the contest.

That was only good for 32nd place in my bracket. So I decided to invest 30M Ymens on top of that to finish 24th and gain another 25 shards.

Now I only have to finish in the upper 25 once in the remaining to days. That should be doable.

But does anybody else feel that the EP orbs were kind of undervalued in this event ...?

• Like 1

Got her for 220M. no kobans wasted. And she's nice so I guess it's quite a good deal. Awful and unfair event, though. First time I snipper my way up on a contest and feel like a shit for doing so (at least my contenders were also European so we were on equal conditions, but still)

Edit.- My initial plan was to do the bare minimum to get a 25+25+25+25 but then realized I wouldn't be online on Monday for the final rush, so it was a risk. I took a look at this contest ranking and went for it

Edited by pozi
  • Like 1

First day without spending or refilling 19th place. Second day 40th place (105 points from spending the daily orbs😀). So on route with 25 shards. Better than expected...

Level 264. 

In epic days I collected 40 shards, so only 25 to go, to do better. 

4 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

Finally something that isn't utter luck, and finally something where I don't have to literary draw a lottery ticket.

POA is like that. The ticket issue was a big problem for the last one, but POA at least has the potential to be a really good and fun event. After some major tweaking at least.

• Like 1

I love her already before I even got her😍😍😍😍😍

Developers hit a homerun with this new 5 star girl. I love it when they make the girls extra superb quality drawings. This is simply the best part of the game by far

I'm super jelly that she is a Charm girl, but if I ever change over to charm, I will know who to use.

953693774_ScreenShot2020-06-27at6_40_48PM.png.9761192ff82a3f7421e99e17b2ad552f.png

Got her as well. The difference between 50 shards and 3-4th place was ultimately 50M ymens, I saw no point in saving those as villains contest is a toss up, and I am low on books.

Blew all my 50 orbs and played 3 EPX10 and that accounted for 8000 points. Ultimately it was all about money, since I ended with 50,000 points.

271m for a 21st place finish. One of the more expensive level 401+ brackets from what I can tell by others' experiences on Discord.

Half an hour before the finish it already would have taken my whole money stash (580m) just to get up to 9th place, so that was never in the cards. The eventual 10th place finisher ended up spending 725m, top 4 took 950m.

image.png.8f76ad9e4d2f36955b3cee9363a085c0.png

So, 2x 25 shards so far. Was to be expected as one of the lowest-level players in the brackets at 406, I guess.

I'm still hoping to finish in three days, but I'm not going to throw massive amounts of kobans at Day 3 in case another top 25 can be done much cheaper. I'm not worried about Day 4 if I need to rely on that for my last 25 shards - my books pile is large enough. But would be nice to have a shot at some orbs there, exactly because my pile is large enough. We'll see.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eman said:

Well, I want to be the first to congratulate Chthugha for getting the girl. A shame you didn't get the first spot

Captura.JPG.ae8b509476b85720e96d7fbc6b98a5e7.JPG

My last 5 clicks didn't register in time due to the lag.
Nothing I could do about that.
Anyway, those couple of orbs are not that big of a deal, I just knew I had to get the girl in this contest, because the others I am not prepared for at all.

• Like 3