[ 25-Jun-20 ] Legendary Contests - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Mission complete :x

Didn't have enough orbs, so did have to donate 2M to get the job done.

I finished with 2.6k, #1 with 8k.

Curiously, not much movement on the deadline. I got from 11th to 8th and was sniped by another player but no further movement on by bracket... lucky ^_^ 

Still, pretty happy to get the girl for 2M :) 

10 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

While I did get the girl, I still think there shouldn't be exclusive girls in the Contests.

All kind of orbs and resources - sure, even some new kind of orb that targets new and ultra rare girl pool - still ok. But not like this.

I don't think she'll be exclusive, @FinderKeeper (I think they dropped that distinction somewhere), but still harsh for any who doesn't get her.

Nice suggestions... I would maybe add making this sort of contests to "special/bonus" girls on other events but not the event itself, for example.

And congrats on getting her! 👍👏

004.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ben9 said:

I guess I should really pay attention to the early end time.  Figured it was same as normal.  I was at work yesterday and then missed it today by 5 minutes 🙄

Same here, sadly. It has to be yet another of Kinkoid's GENIOUS inventions. ¬¬

• Like 1

I got the girl, no kobans spent and only 3m for 6th place. I got lucky with my level 150 bracket but I am kind of amazed that some people spent that much kobans on her. I hope that the people who still don't have her can get her at the other 2 opportunities. Good luck

• Like 1

hace 48 minutos, Eman dijo:

Well, I want to be the first to congratulate Chthugha for getting the girl. A shame you didn't get the first spot

Captura.JPG.ae8b509476b85720e96d7fbc6b98a5e7.JPG

That was my bracket too. I've spent nearly 500M ymens and a bunch of orbs to be amongst the top 25 (finished 17th).

Justo ahora, Kenrae dijo:

That was my bracket too. I've spent nearly 500M ymens and a bunch of orbs to be amongst the top 25 (finished 17th).

It was an insane group.

Btw, have you all noticed that today the server hasn't slowed down?

36 minutes ago, Lunik said:

Same here, sadly. It has to be yet another of Kinkoid's GENIOUS inventions. ¬¬

Yep.  The announcement definitely said the event ended on the hour, not 30 minutes early.  Poor communication as usual.

• Like 1

So I just missed out on getting a higher ranking on the previous day because I didn't know about the contest closing 30 min. before reset......

And now I'm seeing this in the ranking, that person at number one has to be cheating somehow right? I don't think you would even have the time to get so many points.

Untitled.png

Just now, Xerzan said:

And now I'm seeing this in the ranking, that person at number one has to be cheating somehow right? I don't think you would even have the time to get so many points.

Nope, easily done just by buying more combativity, either with kobans or real money like in the current bundle.

hace 15 minutos, Тёмный Властелин dijo:

Today's lag cost me the victory in my legendary contest bracket. It lasted less than yesterday but still. The result is affected, as you can see.

Just to be clear, I was talking about the lag after the refresh, not the one due to the last rush of players to do better in the contest.

2 hours ago, pulli23 said:

btw you get on average 21.5 points per day. (4*100 + 6*50 + 15*25)/50. And consider that the "biggest whales" will have spent their kobans early, and they get removed from the pool. That means around 86% of the people playing will get the girl.

So you only have to be better than 14% *on average*.. Considering it gets easier over time. 

Not accounting for "wasted" devotion like peopel ending at 75 points or people getting number 1 after already having some devotion....

Your calculations while correct for an ideal scenario are way of the mark in real world cases because there are several things that contribute to reducing efficiency by a large margin:
1) If a player doesn't claim their girl shards reward in the 30 minute window, they get sorted into a shards bracket again. Supposedly this is avoided if you're in top 4.
2) The 'wasted' potential you mentioned by people who want to insure themselves that they don't get pushed out of position at the last moment, meaning they can focus on getting more than the required shards.
3) You can get sorted into a bracket of more than 50 people. Generally it's 51-2 but it still contributes to reduction of your chance to obtain the girl.
4) You get a new bracket every day, meaning you can get into a bracket where everyone has 25 shards or less, after day 1, reducing the odds of equal shard spread.
5) You can get sorted into a bracket of 50 people who are all focusing on getting at least some shards, making the competition that much harder.

I've probably missed some other issues, but basically the real world scenario is so far from the ideal one you described that most probably about 50% of people will get the girl, not the generous 86% everyone is buying into.

Edited by LanceHardwood

Recent events (PoA and LC) cause a double feeling. On the one hand, it’s cool, legendary girls and all that, on the other hand, a lot of resources spent and there is no information that it was all worth such a huge effort. During the time I play, I followed such a rule that one girl should spend no more than 2k kobans, and preferably 1.5k. I'm in no hurry to get girls on legendary days - too expensive. After some time, she will appear in another event and it will be easier to get. The problem is that developers are beginning to focus on exclusivity and put barriers for some players. And the funny thing is that a little time will pass after this event, some will receive it, others will not, but the result is the same - emotions (positive or negative) will subside and indifference to Filya will come, just another girl in the collection.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Your calculations while correct for an ideal scenario are way of the mark in real world cases because there are several things that contribute to reducing efficiency by a large margin:
1) If a player doesn't claim their girl shards reward in the 30 minute window, they get sorted into a shards bracket again. Supposedly this is avoided if you're in top 4.
2) The 'wasted' potential you mentioned by people who want to insure themselves that they don't get pushed out of position at the last moment, meaning they can focus on getting more than the required shards.
3) You can get sorted into a bracket of more than 50 people. Generally it's 51-2 but it still contributes to reduction of your chance to obtain the girl.
4) You get a new bracket every day, meaning you can get into a bracket where everyone has 25 shards or less, after day 1, reducing the odds of equal shard spread.
5) You can get sorted into a bracket of 50 people who are all focusing on getting at least some shards, making the competition that much harder.

I've probably missed some other issues, but basically the real world scenario is so far from the ideal one you described that most probably about 50% of people will get the girl, not the generous 86% everyone is buying into.

Well even 50% I consider way way too generous. It doesn't make the girl feel any "special" or "I have worked for her". It should be an amazing feat if you manage to get the girl.

2 hours ago, Urist said:

POA is like that. The ticket issue was a big problem for the last one, but POA at least has the potential to be a really good and fun event. After some major tweaking at least.

The problem with PPOA I had wasn't even the amount of things you spent, it was that "doing bad" meant you had easier time and actually were doing "better" (It was better to lower your ranking in league on purpose, cause it didn't meant if you would win 1 game in dicktator or wanker rankings - it all counted the same; or how it was better to try to "not win" champion fights just so you do not get in the 24 hour wait).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pulli23 said:

It was better to lower your ranking in league on purpose, cause it didn't meant if you would win 1 game in dicktator or wanker rankings - it all counted the same;

The 1st contest had literally the exact same problem. See this thread:

Or my own post on the first page of this thread: 

I've been sabotaging my mojo for 4 days, and I've also decided not to promote a league in prep for the PVP fights contest

As for champion fights, kinkoid has explicitly said they're planning on reducing champion requirements in future POAs.

The ONLY difference I'm really seeing between POA and LC is that in LC all your hard work and preparation can be nullified by last minute snipers.

hace 3 minutos, Urist dijo:

The ONLY difference I'm really seeing between POA and LC is that in LC all your hard work and preparation can be nullified by last minute snipers.

Or by hard work and preparation from other players. With PoA at least you know you'll get the girl if you invest the resources, in LC, on the other hand, it's a competition with other players. It's a huge difference.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pulli23 said:

Well even 50% I consider way way too generous. It doesn't make the girl feel any "special" or "I have worked for her". It should be an amazing feat if you manage to get the girl.

Even if it was 10% I wouldn't feel like I've worked for anything, because neither I, nor you have. There's no skill involved in this event, nor is there in any other. But now instead of fighting against the odds, you're fighting against other players and the odds. It sure makes some players feel like they're putting in effort, while the most they're doing is spending a good amount of resources. Same as with PoA, with the difference that there you have the illusion that you're getting your 7200 kobans' worth while in reality you're getting things you'd never spend kobans on. And while all other events require a similar amount of 'effort', at least they don't waste additional time or resources doing so.

An actual skill-based event could be done by using mechanics similar to champions, but scaled to the player's current level instead. Ask yourself why aren't we getting something like that, but we get these consistent resource sinks ?

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 3