• Clerk Delicia
    • Ice Cream Vendor Deniz
    • Neighbourly Chamelea
    • Homely Treasure
    • Bingewatching Samane
    • Ticket Inspector Kalissa
    • Delivery Girl Nikukawa

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I know that was just a good joke, and I appreciated it as such, but just in case someone missed it, I'd like to elaborate on this notion a little bit. It's not against anything you've said in your post, it just made me think about this particular point.

It's a surprisingly widespread and persistent misconception in fiction that if the story's universe is somewhat loose, vaguely defined or has rules that defy real life logic, then these should also serve as excuses for the story itself to be lazy. I'm sure you've all heard it many times, whether you've noticed it or not. A fantasy novel full of plot holes and unresolved loose ends? Shut up, it's magic! A superhero movie where a character's powers completely change in scope or nature without any in-universe explanation, for no apparent reason other than "so the movie can happen"? Come on, it's a world where people shoot lasers out of their eyes; it doesn't have to be realistic! And so on. That's always, always complete BS and just a super lame excuse for bad, lazy writing.

In this particular case, the theme of the event may be somewhat tame as Girls Next Door suggests a more relaxed, low-key setting than more bombastic themes we've had tons of in other events, but it doesn't mean that the event's treatment should be any less exciting for the audience (that's us, by the way ^^). Just like a good writer can get you absolutely hooked on a low concept plot, with great character development, dialogue and so on built around it, and a bad writer can bore you to death even with a super ambitious epic saga, the same certainly applies to drawings in general, and sequences of poses in HH, which is in essence a sequential medium not too far removed from a comic strip. A great artist can most definitely take my breath away with a series of drawings of a quiet, relaxed scene. And a bad artist can definitely leave me cold even with a series of drawings showing stuff that's supposed to be exciting for the characters.

Yes, you did understand the joke and I appreciate your insight.  The myth of the 'girl next door' is as some hidden gem who we always see, we desire, but who is always just out of reach.  We think we know more about her because she's always there and we see her going about her daily life (a little explored with Delicia's opening pose), but there is this unavailable mystery, and she's just a little bit too forbidden, like a sibling.  There's the view of her through her bedroom window, a frolic by the pool, fun with friends and family, home from school or work each day, the short skirt as part of work and school attire, the casual way about her we are not meant to know.  And we know too much about her parents for our own good.  She challenges our concept of ourselves and our decency through our hidden desires and growing obsessions.

There are some great themes we could develop along these ideas, but Hentai convention got in the way and they had to dish up the usual collection of weirdos.

• Like 3

And here i am, with no one getting the Star Wars reference. Or maybe  it wasn't good enough. :P
As for the Skater Octavia thing, as i checked ingame first, i just thought they typed in a wrong version of her here. Or does she not even have a skater one?

• Haha 1

I am surprised that Deniz has the least amount of votes in the poll. I remember that number of people were not keen on girls with unnatural skin colors but I also remember some people said that they rather preferred Gork over many new girls, like Natasha. It was due to the style. Deniz is drawn in the style that is generally accepted and liked in the current state of the game. I believe it is the same style in which Shade was drawn (correct me if I'm wrong), and Shade was welcomed very positively according to the Corrupted Girls poll. So what is wrong with Deniz? Is it chiefly due to her skin color?

• Like 1

You can expect this from me, but this is not Girl Next Door, it's Half Monster Girls and Half Real Girls Next Door. Especially lately I got used to this feeling, but I feel my leg pulled again.

Regarding the girls, I watched the poses, and surprisingly Kalissa get first place as event favorite (mainly due to the increase in boobs size), with Treasure a few notches lower, meaning that the best girl are pachinko only. I will get this event version of Chamelea and, if the drop rate keeps up, also Delicia, but if someone thinks I will spend a single point of combativity to get Deniz, that one is insanely wrong, as she is in my list of "she will enter my harem only if I am forced to make her enter". To also answer to @Kojot above, It is renowned by many forum dwellers my dislike for monster girls, but at least Chamelea and Delicia IMHO have overall a more humanlike appearance than Deniz (and, to my utmost surprise, in this event also Octavia: by the way, what the hell did happen to her, how did tentacles suddenly change to legs? Not that I am unhappy with this, rather the contrary, but I find this a big change, even for a monster girl).

Finally, my two cents about the question of the shoes: as I said elsewhere, I don't have a fetish for feet, but I found more "right" and (also depending on the girl) more near to my tastes, when the final pose of a girl is fully naked from head to feet (and this means also no pieces of any type of lingerie or other things half worn: that's the main reason I don't go crazy for the recent Legendary Contest girl, which IMHO has good upgrade scenes but quite deluding harem poses in comparison). Personally I think that, from an erotic point of view, there is nothing more beautiful than a fully naked woman. Just said.

Edited by Observer_X
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2020 at 9:17 PM, bantuatha said:

Do you remember Octavia used to have tentacles legs? well for odd reason they gave her a actual leg this time.

Yes I do she was one of my favorite girls when she came out. For the longest time she was my Beta, I would have been so happy getting hugged by her. I understand I have a minority opinion here, I like women stronger then me see my avatar, but why change the one thing that was the whole reason for her name she is an Octopus.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kojot said:

I believe it is the same style in which Shade was drawn (correct me if I'm wrong), and Shade was welcomed very positively according to the Corrupted Girls poll. So what is wrong with Deniz? Is it chiefly due to her skin color? 

You're not wrong, I'm almost certain both were done by the same artist. The big difference is that Shade's series was a lot more polished, with better attention to details (and more variations and interesting things happening from one pose image to the next). Shade's design, as a character, is also much better than Deniz's in my opinion, but that's not the main reason why I disliked her recent series, whereas Shade's series was easily the best of her own event along with Hedonia's.

I can't speak for others, though. Maybe a number of players just don't like the character, and maybe it's primarily because she has pseudo-tentacles and green skin.

• Like 3

I don't mind skin colour, personally, i could also like i.e. blue very much. :D All depends on how it's drawn. It's maybe her "hair" in combination with the cap i think in this case. The art is fine. Just didn't vote for her, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't take her in. :D

9 hours ago, Master Holt said:

Yes I do she was one of my favorite girls when she came out. For the longest time she was my Beta, I would have been so happy getting hugged by her. I understand I have a minority opinion here, I like women stronger then me see my avatar, but why change the one thing that was the whole reason for her name she is an Octopus.

I hear you, Master Holt.  There is something sexy about a girl that can "kick your ass" if she chose to.  And, for me, Octavia is looking good now with the curvy legs and physically fit physique.  :)  

I'll be attempting to recruit her.  Just have to be sure to login every day and do those daily steps.

Edited by Dr. Lust
Fat fingered typo corrected

Lol, i could play one game of event pachinko (it's a contest and wanted to check if that works as well :P ), guess who i got? But the more i look at her zoomed out, the more i like her. Nice taste in shoes as well. xD

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bantuatha said:

Welp I just got all three girls from the villain, the other two I got is 100x shard and only 60 koban remains left, guess I chill now until next event then.

That's very cool.  Congratulations.  I'm still working on Delicia.  Only have 65/100 in shards.

Drop rate for one time is on the average: a few hours ago Chamelea dropped and I used the few combativity points left for Delicia, but I obtained only some shards for Polana (reached 43/100 on her, so if drop rate on Delicia is low she may drop also). Having already decided I won't go for Deniz in this case becomes an advantage, as I will have more time for Delicia and I will be able to use any spare time as I please.

So far in this event I am far behind pace to get all 3 girl from villains, and am not even on pace to get two of them. I'm at 54/100, and I stopped fighting on the highest villain tier where I don't have the villain boss girl on day 1. Looking like my worst event in a long time. 

On 7/3/2020 at 10:29 AM, Kojot said:

I am surprised that Deniz has the least amount of votes in the poll. I remember that number of people were not keen on girls with unnatural skin colors but I also remember some people said that they rather preferred Gork over many new girls, like Natasha. It was due to the style. Deniz is drawn in the style that is generally accepted and liked in the current state of the game. I believe it is the same style in which Shade was drawn (correct me if I'm wrong), and Shade was welcomed very positively according to the Corrupted Girls poll. So what is wrong with Deniz? Is it chiefly due to her skin color?

I think the trouble might be in caressing a jellyfish and her cold, slippery skin.  I actually think Deniz is absolutely wonderful and sexy.  In the original Monster Girls event where she first appeared, it was hard to decide between her and Lives.  I think what would be really cool about fucking her would be being able to see yourself cum inside her, since she's transparent.  This was explored in the affection scenes of her original version.

From her opening pose in this new version of her, she shows a lot of promise.  I haven't got her yet so I can't really comment but she's on 43 shards in this account so I'll be pu out of my misery soon enough.

Samane is interesting.  She looks vibrant and ethereal, which she should be as an other-worldly shinigame - ie, a spirit creature.  I doubt I'll get her, but her affection scenes and later poses might be worth a look.

Deniz dropped for me in two days (I was working on finishing off another girl from the same villian anyway). Lots of 7 shard drops. Chamelia dropped in 3 more days. I have just moved on to the city which has Delicia. 3 hits of 5 shards each so far.

When the day comes in which my biggest concern with Hentai Heroes is the artists' drawing style, I probably won't bother playing any more.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DocJD said:

When the day comes in which my biggest concern with Hentai Heroes is the artists' drawing style, I probably won't bother playing any more.

Well said my fellow physician!  I completely hear you.  THE last concern of mine is also the drawing style.   They are CARTOONS.  We ain't talking about Picasso's or Rembrandt's or Monet's or Da Vinci's. 

But to get back on topic, is it just me or is Silvanus very stingy with the shard drops?  Around 100 combativity used and only have 46/100 for Deniz.  Or is that about the average drop rate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Lust said:

Well said my fellow physician!  I completely hear you.  THE last concern of mine is also the drawing style.   They are CARTOONS.  We ain't talking about Picasso's or Rembrandt's or Monet's or Da Vinci's. 

But to get back on topic, is it just me or is Silvanus very stingy with the shard drops?  Around 100 combativity used and only have 46/100 for Deniz.  Or is that about the average drop rate?

Yes, well said both of you.  However, what we say won't make a damn bit of difference, as HH have either made up their minds or they cannot recruit a full-time artist of the standard and style they desperately need.  This is why I stopped commenting.

However, there are some good things.  I haven't seen beyond Samane's opening pose, but she does look impressive - not the Samane we know, but I never much liked the drawings of the original Samane.  This version though has piqued my interest.  Lovely luminous and lustrous attire - ethereal and spirit-like, the perfect Shinigame. Her face actually looks quite mysterious and beautiful, but, in the context of the other art, this may be accidental!

Also, the artist seems to be mastering the art of drawing sexy boobs.  And feet aren't so disastrously small.  There are also some more skills and creating tonal qualities to create the impression of solidity instead of the Andy Warhol type poster art of Natasha and Holliday.  However, some are by a different artist and they are often immediately noticeable (and groin-tightening!).

Cartoons?  Yes, but they are (and were) always cartoons.  Heck I wish I could get my PC and scanner working so I can digitise some of my drawings and submit them.  They are very realistic, but may look to others like I've copied them off photographs.  However, they are originals and out of my head.  This, of course, is another drawing style HH could've gone for, as shown in Cunt Wars and Crystal Maidens.  But they haven't and have chosen to submit new artwork very frequently.  This means that sometimes they mess up.

12 ore fa, Dr. Lust ha scritto:

That's almost perfect average, considering that in order to reach 100/100 with one girl during main events you need (on average) 200 fights

En 7/7/2020 a las 4:52, Dr. Lust dijo:

Agree on the first part.

Regarding the drop rate, Silvanus has just given me Deniz after 175 fights, and I also got 39 shards for Avia. It's been pretty good, much better than Donatien that needed 203 fights to free Chamelea.

Now up to Bremen and Delicia.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:13 PM, Eman said:

Agree on the first part.

Regarding the drop rate, Silvanus has just given me Deniz after 175 fights, and I also got 39 shards for Avia. It's been pretty good, much better than Donatien that needed 203 fights to free Chamelea.

Now up to Bremen and Delicia.

It took me 2 days for Deniz, 3 days for Chamelia and 4 days for Delicia.

Now have 2 girls: Chamelea & Delicia, working on whatever I get of Deniz. She's my least favorite of the 3, therefore the one I went for last.

To the person who posted above regarding why she's less well received, I think the fact that she looks less normal is a big thing. Chamelea, while a bit unusual looking naturally, has powers that are similar to Mystique from Marvel Comics (mostly X-Men). She can look like whomever she wants, so it's very easy to imagine her being exactly your type.

20 minutes ago, Zteev said:

Now have 2 girls: Chamelea & Delicia, working on whatever I get of Deniz. She's my least favorite of the 3, therefore the one I went for last.

To the person who posted above regarding why she's less well received, I think the fact that she looks less normal is a big thing. Chamelea, while a bit unusual looking naturally, has powers that are similar to Mystique from Marvel Comics (mostly X-Men). She can look like whomever she wants, so it's very easy to imagine her being exactly your type.

Yes, it's probably no coincidence that her name is most likely derived from chameleon, a weird lizard with swivelling eyes and which can change colour and patterning according to the substrate it is rested on - an effective camoflage.  What is really interesting is that an octopus can do the same, and can also change colour and patterning to reflect its moods or fears.  However, this ability was not reflected in the character of Octavia.  That would've been really interesting - and scary.  But Octavia is a very sweet and giving haremette, so 'scary' is not part of her persona.  I'll judge her better in this current version when I eventually get her.