Data usage

dzjaynus

Is it just me or is the game using way more data the last couple of weeks. I believe i read somewhere that alot of the older drawings were converted to hd? It's on the number 1 spot in mobile data usage, even when i try to do most of the daily stuff on my pc at home. Maybe it's been like this all along but it's gotten so bad that i have to be careful not to go over my download limit, and that's after upgrading my subscription with my isp. I don't know any exact numbers yet but it's gone up for sure.

• Sad 1

Yes, the change to high resolution images for the girls is a very bad decision for the playability of the game in mobile.

I did a fast check for some girls and the diference in size is 25-50 KB for small old images vs 250-500 KB for big new ones. So this means a tenfold increase in data bandwidth.

The high resolution images are used not only in the harem page, but in all battles (arena, champions, league, villains). Even more, there is a girl image downloaded in background for use in the refill popups every time you refresh or change page.

If devs don't give an option to use low res images or completely disable them in the game, then the mobile use will be a lot slower (aggravated by the delay caused by the new contest banner), and for some people with small data plans for mobile could be very difficult to play.

As a possible solution they could do it the same as the league UI that changes depending on the browser window width.

So for small screens they could display the small images. That would be a solution I would welcome.

More people are playing only with mobile phones nowadays, and with the summer, some people will go out on holidays to places without the possibility of wifi connection or even with a bad mobile coverage.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Taking images size into account was basic skills when doing web pages in the 90s already 🙄

And the worst part is that the image the players are seeing when playing fits more with the old low resolution images. You can only apreciate the high resolution images if you open them in a new tab and use full size zoom to see the details.

It would be justified if they used the low resolution images during normal game play and the high resolution images only when clicking in the images in the harem page as a kind of gallery.

BTW, I usually like more the images of the girls when I zoom them to full resolution outside the game than in the game interface.

• Like 1

And, if I can add, other than the increased load times, since the time when the game images started to be loaded from a different server than before, the game have become really grim to play on Chrome on older systems, as images don't get loaded at all (making the champions completely unplayable on those old systems). I opened a ticket nearly three months ago on this problem, and one and a half month ago I got answered that the problem has been passed to the dev team: I then re-answered that I hoped for an official response on the matter (in one sense or in the other), and the ticket is still pending this day (and this makes me twice pissed, as I would also have another matter to open a ticket for, but the rules say to not open a second ticket when one is already opened).

• Like 2

@Observer_X You shouldn't hesitate or worry if it's OK or not! 😀 Go ahead and open that second ticket if you feel that's the best way to ask for help. After all, it's in their interest to make your time spent on playing their game as pleasant as possible 😜 Besides, I'm sure the main purpose of the One Ticket Rule is to prevent multiple tickets regarding single issue, it would be absurd if the rule was too general, I think... If they really didn't want you to open that second ticket, they would have blocked that option entirely after you opened your first, no? 🤔

thanks for confirming my suspicion. i didn't even think about the going on vacation part, that's gonna cost me if i'm not careful. again, just like with that new pop up notification thingy, very bad decision regarding game design imo.

edit : adding some stuff : the only thing this feature does for me is making sure that i play the game as absolutely little as possible when i'm not home, which is the biggest part of my day. pretty sure the devs didn't implement the higher resolution to make people play less. i hope they fix this but since they have a lousy track record on stuff like this it's gonna end with me hoping probably.

Edited by dzjaynus

This data shit really needs a fix. Im out of town for a lengthy amount of time, and I've realized that after only a couple of days this game eats my entire data cap. so now Im with @dzjaynus, playing as little as possible and never even visiting the harem page. This and the contest notifications are the 2 stupidest changes they've ever made for mobile, and it's sad to see how little they give a shit about player experience. Just look at the new patch notes to see -.-

• Like 1

I also think the slowness after weekly tower of fame reset is another unintended consequence of the new big images. Now the server has to cope with a lot more bandwidth during the first minutes after league reset, when everybody tries to spend their 15 initial league tokens, start daily missions, getting contests rewards, spend their additional combativity from leagues and contests. In all of the cases the hidden image loaded in background for every screen refresh is taking its toll in the server and bandwidth connection contracted by kinkoid with their ISP.

A simple and elegant solution would be to always download the lower resolution image when playing, and making a link to the high resolution image whenever a player click on the low res image.

• Like 9

once upon a time it was crucial to get not DDOSed by normal users. Thus limiting bandwith by design.

It seems that there is not too much a bandwith problem on server side and thus the focus is more on fancy images as it is an image based game.

Opera Mobile comes with different ways of data saving, on goes "images in original resolution or lower yes/no".

Maybe I give it a new try, the account cookies need to pass, was years ago a problem while using Opera VPN.

Edited by windia
  • Like 1

En 7/7/2020 a las 10:15, jelom dijo:

Yes, the change to high resolution images for the girls is a very bad decision for the playability of the game in mobile.

I did a fast check for some girls and the diference in size is 25-50 KB for small old images vs 250-500 KB for big new ones. So this means a tenfold increase in data bandwidth.

The high resolution images are used not only in the harem page, but in all battles (arena, champions, league, villains). Even more, there is a girl image downloaded in background for use in the refill popups every time you refresh or change page.

If devs don't give an option to use low res images or completely disable them in the game, then the mobile use will be a lot slower (aggravated by the delay caused by the new contest banner), and for some people with small data plans for mobile could be very difficult to play.

As a possible solution they could do it the same as the league UI that changes depending on the browser window width.

So for small screens they could display the small images. That would be a solution I would welcome.

More people are playing only with mobile phones nowadays, and with the summer, some people will go out on holidays to places without the possibility of wifi connection or even with a bad mobile coverage.

or put in options high definition or low...or nothing definition (emoji evil)

14 hours ago, jelom said:

I also think the slowness after weekly tower of fame reset is another unintended consequence of the new big images. Now the server has to cope with a lot more bandwidth during the first minutes after league reset, when everybody tries to spend their 15 initial league tokens, start daily missions, getting contests rewards, spend their additional combativity from leagues and contests. In all of the cases the hidden image loaded in background for every screen refresh is taking its toll in the server and bandwidth connection contracted by kinkoid with their ISP.

A simple and elegant solution would be to always download the lower resolution image when playing, and making a link to the high resolution image whenever a player click on the low res image.

i was thinking this too. the game slowing down after weekly or even daily reset seems to have begun at the same time as when the hd stuff was implemented. i'm beginning to think they don't playtest new features at all, or not nearly enough.

• Like 1

hace 4 horas, dzjaynus dijo:

i was thinking this too. the game slowing down after weekly or even daily reset seems to have begun at the same time as when the hd stuff was implemented. i'm beginning to think they don't playtest new features at all, or not nearly enough.

This isn't even a playtest problem. No self-respecting developer would have done this to begin with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add my voice to this topic. The game has become all but unplayable due to the data change. Today I logged in to use my combativity, buy out the shop, start a new mission and do my 3 arena fights. Just this single login burned 40% of my data for the month. Granted I only have 2GB of data a month, but that used to allow me to log in every now and then when I'm not at home without issue.

Furthermore, the data increase is so taxing that even when I am at home I can't play the game because if my roommate is watching Netflix and I try to do anything in the game it overloads our internet connection and forces a restart of the router. If a function is not added in to disable these new HD images and go back to the original resolution I will be quitting the game for obvious reasons.

I'd imagine a lot of others are also experiencing issues due to the increased data, but haven't realized what is causing it.

Side-issue that may be related and has been mentioned on this thread, the game on nutaku no longer works on Google Chrome at all so I've had to switch to a different browser, Chrome is my preference, so hopefully that can be fixed as well.

• Like 4

I have tested this weekend a low data usage configuration in android for mobile use.

You can use it if you want to save your GB or if you are in a lower coverage area when the download speed will be lower than usual.

I have installed in my phone the firefox browser with ublock origin and applied the following filters in the ublock configuration My filters tab. You can disable each line by preceding with ! as a remark line. that way you can personalize which elements you want to show or hide.

Using basically these filters, I have spent less than 50 MB of mobile data in HH site each day, playing almost normally.  

For a more drastic approach you can just disable all image in firefox browser, but that way the game is more difficult to play.

These filters can also be used in PC if you add ublock origin (or Adblock plus) to your browser.

--------------------------------------------------
! Title: ublock filter list for HH
! - these filter backgrounds and music.
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/maps/*
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/worlds/*
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/backgrounds/*
! - this filter bunny image when you rotate your phone
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/design/mob_rotation.gif
! - this filter the background music
https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/audio/bg_music_2.mp3
! - this filter the login background images when you are logging in
||hentaiheroes.com/img/quests/1/

! - these filter popups and animation in main window
! - this disable the animations in background in town window
hentaiheroes.com##.bg_animation
! - this disable the blue email validation popup
hentaiheroes.com###email_validation
! - this disable the ads popup
hentaiheroes.com###popup_message
hentaiheroes.com##.promo_discount
hentaiheroes.com##span.promo_quest_discount_text
hentaiheroes.com##[class="promo_profile_discount_text"]

! - these filter icons and poses-images of girls, trolls and player avatars (enable filters in mobile)
! - this disable the girls icons (i suggest to leave disabled for ease of play)
!hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*ico*$image
! - this disable the girls poses (the main culprit of the data usage)
hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*ava*$image
! - this disable the trolls images
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/trolls/*
! - this disable the players avatars
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/hero/ico/*

! - these filter hide various buttons for buying,. multibattle, reload (disable filters in mobile)
!hh-content.com/design/ic_collect_SC.png$image
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_text_button autofight redesign"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[id="refresh_villains"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[rel="shop_reload"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[rel="finish"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_text_button"][rel="buy"]
!hentaiheroes.com###confirm_HC
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_button_L autofight redesign"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[rel="sell"]
!hentaiheroes.com##div[id="iframe_wrapper"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_button_L multiple-battles"]

! - these are disabled
!hentaiheroes.com###collect_all
!hentaiheroes.com##.orange_text_button
!https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*/ico5.png
!https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/battle_positions/
!https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*/ava5.png
!hentaiheroes.com##div[id="resize-chat-box"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[id="collect_all"][class="orange_button_L"]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, jelom said:

I have tested this weekend a low data usage configuration in android for mobile use.

You can use it if you want to save your GB or if you are in a lower coverage area when the download speed will be lower than usual.

I have installed in my phone the firefox browser with ublock origin and applied the following filters in the ublock configuration My filters tab. You can disable each line by preceding with ! as a remark line. that way you can personalize which elements you want to show or hide.

Using basically these filters, I have spent less than 50 MB of mobile data in HH site each day, playing almost normally.  

For a more drastic approach you can just disable all image in firefox browser, but that way the game is more difficult to play.

These filters can also be used in PC if you add ublock origin (or Adblock plus) to your browser.

--------------------------------------------------
! Title: ublock filter list for HH
! - these filter backgrounds and music.
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/maps/*
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/worlds/*
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/backgrounds/*
! - this filter bunny image when you rotate your phone
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/design/mob_rotation.gif
! - this filter the background music
https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/audio/bg_music_2.mp3
! - this filter the login background images when you are logging in
||hentaiheroes.com/img/quests/1/

! - these filter popups and animation in main window
! - this disable the animations in background in town window
hentaiheroes.com##.bg_animation
! - this disable the blue email validation popup
hentaiheroes.com###email_validation
! - this disable the ads popup
hentaiheroes.com###popup_message
hentaiheroes.com##.promo_discount
hentaiheroes.com##span.promo_quest_discount_text
hentaiheroes.com##[class="promo_profile_discount_text"]

! - these filter icons and poses-images of girls, trolls and player avatars (enable filters in mobile)
! - this disable the girls icons (i suggest to leave disabled for ease of play)
!hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*ico*$image
! - this disable the trolls images
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/trolls/*
! - this disable the players avatars
https://hh2.hh-content.com/pictures/hero/ico/*

! - these filter hide various buttons for buying,. multibattle, reload (disable filters in mobile)
!hh-content.com/design/ic_collect_SC.png$image
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_text_button autofight redesign"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[id="refresh_villains"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[rel="shop_reload"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[rel="finish"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_text_button"][rel="buy"]
!hentaiheroes.com###confirm_HC
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_button_L autofight redesign"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[rel="sell"]
!hentaiheroes.com##div[id="iframe_wrapper"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[class="orange_button_L multiple-battles"]

! - these are disabled
!hentaiheroes.com###collect_all
!hentaiheroes.com##.orange_text_button
!https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*/ico5.png
!https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/battle_positions/
!https://hh.hh-content.com/pictures/girls/*/ava5.png
!hentaiheroes.com##div[id="resize-chat-box"]
!hentaiheroes.com##button[id="collect_all"][class="orange_button_L"]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for this! (even though it's not your job)

On 7/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, jelom said:

jelom, thank you! That was a very intimidating post to read at first. And very helpful. Am I correct, that this line:
is basically what we need to add to stop all our problems?

And if yes... I've got a problem. Basically, after implementing it fights take quite a lot of time to load now. And "Change team" option becomes basically a 50/50 coin flip with one result being ability to change the team after a huge lag, where I can't do anything or a complete freeze after which I had to reload the game. Is it normal? I mean it could be just a result of blocking hundreds.. hundreds! of unneeded images. But I just wanted to make sure.

hace 13 minutos, Bomba dijo:

jelom, thank you! That was a very intimidating post to read at first. And very helpful. Am I correct, that this line:
is basically what we need to add to stop all our problems?

And if yes... I've got a problem. Basically, after implementing it fights take quite a lot of time to load now. And "Change team" option becomes basically a 50/50 coin flip with one result being ability to change the team after a huge lag, where I can't do anything or a complete freeze after which I had to reload the game. Is it normal? I mean it could be just a result of blocking hundreds.. hundreds! of unneeded images. But I just wanted to make sure.

It's blocking hundred of images if you have hundreds of girls, that's for sure. I'm not having those problems you mention, but it could depend on your phone processing power. I'm using ublock and firefox, FWIW.

You could try setting it in a computer to see what happens.

If anyone else has being using these filters on mobile and has the same problems now would be a good moment to write here.

3 hours ago, Kenrae said:

It's blocking hundred of images if you have hundreds of girls, that's for sure. I'm not having those problems you mention, but it could depend on your phone processing power. I'm using ublock and firefox, FWIW.

You could try setting it in a computer to see what happens.

If anyone else has being using these filters on mobile and has the same problems now would be a good moment to write here.

Yeah, different version of anything and there got to be some nuances. I don't know if that's my device problem, my browser, my adblocker, the way I did it, my internet connection, etc. Or maybe it's a normal lag of this game. I don't know. I'll try to test it in the next few days.

Right now I have huge trouble with access to "Change team" and in it. And I have a sizable delay when loading battle screen and battle itself. With battle it's just an inconvenience. But the "Change team" one is a real problem for me. I tested that in both Arena and League seems like it's a same problem for both.