World 13 Survey

Zorba the Geek

I'd be keen to know what other members' views are of this survey.  I, myself, was disappointed and I feel it sold us short.  Digisekai was very nuanced and, at times, subtle.  The story had a level of sophistication generally lacking in previous worlds.  I some ways it reminded me of the movie Donnie Darko.

The survey asked us if it was hard or easy to follow.  I said it was moderately hard, but what wasn't sought was why I felt this way.  Yes, it was hard to follow at times, but this is how this truly interesting adventure was meant to be.  It was a digital page-turner in the visual novel category.

And, yes, it was very funny at times and the sex scenes had more purpose than in previous worlds.

Regarding Neono, this is the first time the villain (at least part of her) joined my harem.  I'll leave that comment up in the air as it comes perilously close to being a spoiler.  For me, Neono was damned sexy and didn't suffer fools gladly, especially our inane hero!  She thought and expressed her feelings and opinions the way a woman would (and I've had enough frustratingly obtuse girlfriends to allow me to comment).  But I still think there was a stage missing with her.  No self-respecting woman would've given herself away sexually like she did without a fight.

Anyway, I would like a second survey ("World 13 Survey II") to allow us to add comments without our being led by the nose to the extent that the first survey did.  The way the survey questions were written suggests that HH had less of a grasp on the importance and subtlty of this world than members like me.  The questions seemed naive and a little inane (like our hero!) and did a disservice to the writers and artists who did manage to create an immersing and nuanced story that had me ever looking forward to the next scroll.  I felt I was often actually IN the story and, for the writers and artists, this was a considerable achievement.  So my congratulations to the team.

Regarding the cast of females in the story, my oath I'd love to have every single one of them in my harem, especially Tuto Chan, but also that ridiculously cute and pretty, blue-haired kitten girl who was part of blue's court and her lesbian muse.  I sincerely hope they do become available.  Mizuki is, of course, but only to those who are able to play Hentai Clicker.

All I can say to end is, for those newer members yet to reach this world, they have something to truly look forward to as no previous world adventure offered.  Me?  I leaves me looking forward to World 14!

• Like 3

[Spoiler for World 13]
(not a heavy spoiler, but still a spoiler, so I have to notify you)

I think this survey was again, done in typical Kinkoid style. For them options "No, I don't like it" and "No, I don't care" are the same. The other options also were strange and without any consideration. Like, I for example didn't like some of the sex scenes, especially in 12th scroll(The Final Guardian) because of the art quality, but there were no option to tell that. Same about the overall story. There were no option to tell that I didn't like that the story went into in-depth explanation about the haremverse (but there was an option to say that I don't care). I think some things shouldn't be explained and remain a mystery. And some other things as well. Like, I didn't like Neono personally, but the way that she was behaving in the story was natural, good storywise and fit perfectly. Or the same question "Was the story easy to understand?" - it was, more than that - it was quite trivial, but the way it was presented made it harder to follow than it should be, it was dragged out for such a long time with some moments taking too much time, while some other not given enough attention. Also, some of the questions, like "What sex scenes would you prefer?" had multiple options as an answer, but you could pick only one.

Personally, I would love to have more fun and ridiculous stories, like they were in the beginning. Serious story once in while is good and refreshing. And this one has a good mix of both, but it was too long in my opinion.

And another thing about girls. Yeah, I agree that they are cool and sexy and I want them in my harem, but here's the thing that matters for me. The thing that has been going on with a lot of girls - they are blank or plain. (not sure how to say it properly, you''ll understand later). Yeah, they have different colourful hairstyles and different boob size, but come one, when was the last time when you saw a girl without earrings for example? I'm not talking about tattoos or piercing, but they are featureless - no bracelet  or band on the arm or ankle, no rings, no cute mole on her butt or even a simple necklace. Details, accessories - those are the things that highlight their main features - add a sash, an armband, heels or maybe even sandals or something even more obvious - lingerie or any see-through normal clothing. It's not just about stripping them from everything, it's also about highlighting their main assets. You don't need much of that, but you need some in my opinion.
I know that for artists who struggle with just anatomy it would be a problem to draw even a sexy pose, let alone highlight her best parts with proper pose, shading and accessories, but I still think it needed to be said.

Also, for those who will focus too much on the word "trivial" in the beginning. Come on - girl was jealous, made a stupid thing and then went into depression after she realized what she did. The core of the story is nothing new. Though, it got a good flavour with some magic, gods and amnesia thrown in, plus the story goes from the perspective of the hero on a quest. The writer did a good job with it. And knowing the genre of this game it's probably the best thing we'll ever get.

• Like 4

Absolutely agree @Bomba Now you see why I don't take these surveys to be accurate at all. And yeah the story is frustrating, dragging on too long, while simple. They could've told this story in 8 scrolls (like the older stories) and have it be much more satisfying. I've expected the story to be REALLY big and filled with various themes and loose ends that they needed to tie up, because this is the largest chapter we got, but instead it looks like it's 50% padding and 50% of the actual story, which is just lame.

Edited by Čamuga
  • Like 2

Spending the first 5 scrolls to introduce the Pokemons, the leveling, and the MC special abilities, to then abandon that concept for flashbacks and Young Adult weeping vagina drama where the MC was relegated to a background character screwed up the whole flow of the story, which ended up being entirely too long, especially when there's a hot purple chick next to the level counter that never gets a dick in her in the whole story, unlike Finaltits and Karole did. If she's not going to get some dick, then draw her ugly like Edwarda. After the bait and switch of plot then the dragged out story, the cock tease of the purple chick is the final straw.

Worst. World. Story. By. Far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Blain said:

Spending the first 5 scrolls to introduce the Pokemons, the leveling, and the MC special abilities, to then abandon that concept for flashbacks and Young Adult weeping vagina drama where the MC was relegated to a background character screwed up the whole flow of the story, which ended up being entirely too long, especially when there's a hot purple chick next to the level counter that never gets a dick in her in the whole story, unlike Finaltits and Karole did. If she's not going to get some dick, then draw her ugly like Edwarda. After the bait and switch of plot then the dragged out story, the cock tease of the purple chick is the final straw.

Worst. World. Story. By. Far.

Oh, right. This world was so long that I even forgot about those cute pokemons in the beginning and overall skills and stats progress mechanic. It was a cool concept. Why it was abandoned?

I agree and disagree a bit: i liked the story to know how this love world was created, and i liked all the girls too (even tho thinking about it a bit Bomba is right when he says he wants more "differences" between the girls). I found really funny the arcades, the (intellectual) orcs and their (sexy: yes they woke up an beast apparently XD) wifes. Neono personality seemed ok to me, from the beginning of "i'm nobody i don't care do what you want" to "hey i'm a girl too and i can be loved for how i'm too". The problem in this world, in my humble opinion, is that to put here all the things that they wanted to do (the pokemosters, the levels, the statics, the games, the funny sex, the story....) the 13 should have been long maybe the triple or more, and since they wanted to go to the next chapter they had to compress the story to make it fit in all the quests. But then again i'm not against a "real" story, i mean is ok to go around for worlds but then things have to be a bit serious, can't stay a child forever XD. But then again the "funny" component is important so.... uhm how can i say it..... serious matters solved in funny ways maybe.... i don't know how to say itXD. I want to have serious issues but i cannot gave up to the hero's (and especially the girl's) funniness, example at the end of the world when there is Neono "spirit form" with Kelina: "i have to do my job and purify you" Neono: "you leave me no choice..... BARK BARK BARK" God i was dying there from laughting probably the best gag in the world. to Kelina a cat girl ahahahahah.

Ps. shame that Blue is "on the other side of the river" i liked her too :P 

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 1

Mixed feeling about World 13. I liked this world, maybe because I prefer serious topics over funny stuff. But it doesn't mean I don't like funny scenes at all. I remember how much fun I had reading the first few worlds.

I think it'll be easier for me if I list all the points of my view on Digisekai:

• It was too long. The story was more complicated than in the past so I understand they wanted to explain it properly + include enough sex scenes to not focus mostly on the plot. But, yeah, I guess a few scrolls less would make it better.
  • Too complicated. Maybe not too much but the number of Seraphines in the story overwhelmed me. Seraphine, Rafine, Neono, Pandora With, Tuto-chan. Seraphine and Rafine were the most difficult to distinguish. They look the same and they both existed before the MC came to Digisekai. I simply got lost. I had to read a few scrolls once again before writing this post.
  • Wasted potential on the whole leveling thing. They even asked us about it in the survey. Completely useless leveling that did nothing to the story. The MC was bad with sex skills at the beginning but what did it change? Nothing. Neono didn't like sex even in general. She only changed her attitude later when she started to like the MC.
  • I liked the sex scenes and the art overall. The artist responsible for drawing adventure did an awesome job. Here, I would like to include a clever idea of drawing the flashbacks in the monochromatic manga style. It's simpler than the colored actual story but it has great esthetics which give a pleasant vibe.
  • It was the first time I actually hated a character (and not just one). Particularly, I'm referring to Blue, Estelle, and "the Queen's court" in general. My view on them slightly changed after I read the second time (yup, quite too complicated for me to initially catch how many personalities of Seraphine was there). But I still hate them.
    The way how Blue and her followers antagonized Rafine... She just wanted some love. You can't force someone to love you, even if you create them. It's difficult to compare it to something in our reality so let's put it that way: Blue is a mother, Rafine is her daughter. The daughter falls in love with a friend of the mother. Yeah, I know, if we want to represent it as close as possible, we would have make it incest due to how Blue feels about Rafine. But let's turn it into "mom loving her child so much that she protects her from any man, so only mommy would be the child's closest person". Overprotective parents exist in real life. So, is it okay for mommy to force her daughter to only love her and not the man she loves? Heck no. Unless it is a bad guy but we saw Tetsuya and we know that he's a cool dude. And yet, his mind was flipped out of the galaxy because Blue felt angry. I know, all of us are capable of doing something stupid when we're angry so let's ignore what she did to him. She just nearly killed him like a wife finding her husband in a bed with some other woman. You are not allowed to kill or yeet someone's mind from the existence only because you're angry, Blue! Man, I hate her. Let's leave Tetsuya and focus on Rafine. Obviously, she hates Blue so what she does to her? She clears her and her own memory. Wow, what a great decision. But let's leave it as well and move on to the near end of the story. Pandora Witch. The evil one. The mind of Rafine. Her whole hatred. How do people resolve problems? By talking. Did Blue say sorry even once to Rafine or Pandora Witch? Not a chance, she just hates her. I also mentioned Estelle. I guess I hate her because she also hates Rafine even though it's all Blue's fault. I can't blame her too much because she's Blue's creation so it's obvious that she will not think of her own and will follow Blue no matter what. So yeah, a mindless follower who doesn't think on her own. Screw her. Screw Blue. Screw the Queen's Court who follow her as well.
    (Yup, maybe I got carried away too much. But this is how I felt reading this arc. If Blue is allowed to hate Rafine for her mistakes, then I am allowed to hate her servants for thoughtless following. And I know it's just a game XD Man, I got too sensitive on that one).
  • Not related to the story but the way the survey was designed snapped my spinal cord. Just take a look:

CgC0dAu.png

I censored the graphics earlier but it doesn't matter. Anyway... They gave us multiple choice for the "Yes/no" type of question (checked them both on the screenshot just to show how stupid it looks) but when they asked about what we would like, we could have only checked one option. So what, am I not allowed to want both funny and softer sex scenes? Only one, the winner of the survey, will happen in the next world? I admire them for creating a game because I know shit about developing video games. But these same people can't create a normally functional poll. Maybe I'm mistaken but I guess creating a google survey is easier than creating a game. I don't know, just guessing.

My overall opinion on World 13: Digisekai - 6/10. Not the worst and not the best. Fingers crossed for the better World 14 😉 Hopefully, Blue won't appear there too often.

• Like 2

@Kojot i think you are right with the.... uhm how can we call it.... miscommunication between the parts, but isn't it the cause of all the conflicts ? in real life is the same and yes Pandora witch was mistreated but she is not a "person" she is now just a uhm... corrupted entity full of hate and sadness that just want to see the world on fire, to me is the type :hey listen, i'm sorry - she come close- she smiles and she rip the heart out of your chest and then keep demolishing the world (at least i interpreted so). So with you too i agree and disagree XD. I must say this thread is very interesting thanks @Zorba the Geek that started this :)

I believe Kinkoid made an error sending the survey to everyone. Should've appeared only to those who actually finished the story.

On the other hand, I read Zorba's stellar opinion on this world in a different topic, so I'm having quite an expectation for it.

1 hour ago, lainn said:

I believe Kinkoid made an error sending the survey to everyone. Should've appeared only to those who actually finished the story.

On the other hand, I read Zorba's stellar opinion on this world in a different topic, so I'm having quite an expectation for it.

They could have just waited for more people to finish the story instead of releasing the survey as soon as the new world was released.

Edited by natstar

I did the Digisekia survey but had some questions. Kinda loop holes left open,

What happened to All Mastery (the whole reason we ended up in Digisekia)?

Why did the character stats stop raising after (green skin and chamomile)?

Why no info on (Liberti)?

Just wondering.

9 hours ago, Kojot said:
  • Too complicated. Maybe not too much but the number of Seraphines in the story overwhelmed me. Seraphine, Rafine, Neono, Pandora With, Tuto-chan. Seraphine and Rafine were the most difficult to distinguish. They look the same and they both existed before the MC came to Digisekai. I simply got lost. I had to read a few scrolls once again before writing this post.
  • It was the first time I actually hated a character (and not just one). Particularly, I'm referring to Blue, Estelle, and "the Queen's court" in general. My view on them slightly changed after I read the second time (yup, quite too complicated for me to initially catch how many personalities of Seraphine was there). But I still hate them.
    The way how Blue and her followers antagonized Rafine... She just wanted some love. You can't force someone to love you, even if you create them. It's difficult to compare it to something in our reality so let's put it that way: Blue is a mother, Rafine is her daughter. The daughter falls in love with a friend of the mother. Yeah, I know, if we want to represent it as close as possible, we would have make it incest due to how Blue feels about Rafine. But let's turn it into "mom loving her child so much that she protects her from any man, so only mommy would be the child's closest person". Overprotective parents exist in real life. So, is it okay for mommy to force her daughter to only love her and not the man she loves? Heck no. Unless it is a bad guy but we saw Tetsuya and we know that he's a cool dude. And yet, his mind was flipped out of the galaxy because Blue felt angry. I know, all of us are capable of doing something stupid when we're angry so let's ignore what she did to him. She just nearly killed him like a wife finding her husband in a bed with some other woman. You are not allowed to kill or yeet someone's mind from the existence only because you're angry, Blue! Man, I hate her. Let's leave Tetsuya and focus on Rafine. Obviously, she hates Blue so what she does to her? She clears her and her own memory. Wow, what a great decision. But let's leave it as well and move on to the near end of the story. Pandora Witch. The evil one. The mind of Rafine. Her whole hatred. How do people resolve problems? By talking. Did Blue say sorry even once to Rafine or Pandora Witch? Not a chance, she just hates her. I also mentioned Estelle. I guess I hate her because she also hates Rafine even though it's all Blue's fault. I can't blame her too much because she's Blue's creation so it's obvious that she will not think of her own and will follow Blue no matter what. So yeah, a mindless follower who doesn't think on her own. Screw her. Screw Blue. Screw the Queen's Court who follow her as well.
    (Yup, maybe I got carried away too much. But this is how I felt reading this arc. If Blue is allowed to hate Rafine for her mistakes, then I am allowed to hate her servants for thoughtless following. And I know it's just a game XD Man, I got too sensitive on that one).

I applaud you for re-reading all that. And I really like how you summarized why the story was unnecessary complicated. Though there's one thing I would like to add. I think that that was the intent of the story - to make reader hate or at least dislike Blue. She's an asshole, she's written like that. Court on the other hand - they were created like that and didn't know better, so their situation is more understandable.

Also, I agree that art is good. I guess, it's just one moment, that ruins it for me - scene with Estelle in 12th scroll (The Final Guardian) - panels 83 through 86.Her face looks like this to me and I don't like it

lulface.png.426180a453d40b6c7fbec23a17b4a3f9.png

4 hours ago, Bomba said:

I applaud you for re-reading all that. And I really like how you summarized why the story was unnecessary complicated. Though there's one thing I would like to add. I think that that was the intent of the story - to make reader hate or at least dislike Blue. She's an asshole, she's written like that. Court on the other hand - they were created like that and didn't know better, so their situation is more understandable.

Also, I agree that art is good. I guess, it's just one moment, that ruins it for me - scene with Estelle in 12th scroll (The Final Guardian) - panels 83 through 86.Her face looks like this to me and I don't like it

Reveal hidden contents

lulface.png.426180a453d40b6c7fbec23a17b4a3f9.png

I didn't read all of that, only those scrolls which had flashbacks. I wouldn't read the whole story again 😅 Or maybe at least not now freshly after finishing it (I will have to re-read all the story one day to remember what was happening on the journey).

I was thinking a bit more about the Court after posting my thoughts and I came to one conclusion. They hated Rafine because Blue hated her. Imagine your friend said nasty things about someone else. I believe the majority of people would have asked about the details of the conflict. Your friend wouldn't lie to you, would they? They are a friend after all. So they would be forced to tell you the whole truth about what was going on, unless they don't want to talk. I think that without knowing a context it is difficult to truly hate someone. And it looks like the Court did not even care to ask about details. So either Blue lied to them that it is only Rafine's fault or they started hating her for the sake of hatred without caring for the details. And this is just a wrong attitude. I don't think it's about how Blue created them. It looked like they have thinking-patterns of an ordinary human. Normally, you would ask your master why this all happened.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Kojot dijo:

I didn't read all of that, only those scrolls which had flashbacks. I wouldn't read the whole story again 😅 Or maybe at least not now freshly after finishing it (I will have to re-read all the story one day to remember what was happening on the journey).

I was thinking a bit more about the Court after posting my thoughts and I came to one conclusion. They hated Rafine because Blue hated her. Imagine your friend said nasty things about someone else. I believe the majority of people would have asked about the details of the conflict. Your friend wouldn't lie to you, would they? They are a friend after all. So they would be forced to tell you the whole truth about what was going on, unless they don't want to talk. I think that without knowing a context it is difficult to truly hate someone. And it looks like the Court did not even care to ask about details. So either Blue lied to them that it is only Rafine's fault or they started hating her for the sake of hatred without caring for the details. And this is just a wrong attitude. I don't think it's about how Blue created them. It looked like they have thinking-patterns of an ordinary human. Normally, you would ask your master why this all happened.

But Blue is their goddess. We have tons of examples in real life of people hating other people only because they don't follow their religion, now imagine if gods were real. And they don't know the details, they just know that Raphine was making Blue feel bad while taking advantage of innocent people... She's as despicable as Blue, hate her as much as you want, but you're using tons of innocent people against her, making their life miserable.

Oh, by they way, my take on World 13: Best. World. Story. Ever. :P

• Like 1

For what this is; a storyline in a free browser 18+ game, I think this was a great world. Obviously they scrapped their original idea partway through. Or they thought that the whole leveling thing was finished after he reached the max early on. Anyway, it gave us fragments of the origin story of the Haremverse, the origin of the clickerverse (and who the hero there is) and a small amount of information about how the trouble with the Shokushu stuff started. Together with the best character development of a world girl so far, I'd say this was probably the best world so far for me after Plains of Rituals.

I can't wait for world 14, so I can finally see Bunny shine as MC for a world.

hace 6 horas, Chthugha dijo:

For what this is; a storyline in a free browser 18+ game, I think this was a great world. Obviously they scrapped their original idea partway through. Or they thought that the whole leveling thing was finished after he reached the max early on. Anyway, it gave us fragments of the origin story of the Haremverse, the origin of the clickerverse (and who the hero there is) and a small amount of information about how the trouble with the Shokushu stuff started. Together with the best character development of a world girl so far, I'd say this was probably the best world so far for me after Plains of Rituals.

I want Bunny and Lupa versions from World 14!

7 hours ago, Chthugha said:

You and I are in perfect accord here, Chthugha.  Many thought the story was too long and too 'simple'(?).  I became aware that the story had been revamped when a number of new quests were added, and this seemed to coincide with our hero becoming fully levelled up.  However, I thought the length of the story revealed a new approach to story-telling by HH - a total-immersion experience for the reader/viewer.  The next step might be to introduce forks in the road - choices we make in how we advance through the narrative.  This is the visual novel approach as per Everlasting Summer.  Food for thought.

Re. Neono... Yes, wonderful development and, furthermore, as I said previously, she is as close to being a real woman with genuine spunk and complexity that HH has achieved to date.  While Bunny is a dauntless hero who happens to be deeply in love with our hero (even if she would never want to admit it) and she has her own complexities and subtlties, Neono has the kind of character I think every woman or girl might be able to identify with - very cryptic and "why the fuck are you so dumb you can't even read the most basic ME?"  Go girl!!  As I said in an old post: "Fifteenth wonder of the world, females!  The eight in between convey the totality of their mystery to the rest of us poor bastards!"  This sums up Neono to a 'T'.  I also felt she was well drawn with some subtle insights into her thinking and feelings as shown in her body language and facial expressions.  These seemed to coincide with her regaining some memories about feelings - sexual feelings.  I also loved her primary attire and what she revealed on disrobing from it.  She is a sexy and beautiful creation of either Blue or HH, take your pick.  However, this was all brought down by her affection scenes in my Harem.  They could've continued the subtlty and uncertainty, but, sadly, no.  It was the usual ego-fest for our hero and how great his prowess is.  Baaa!

To end here, I don't think that survey will reveal anything because it asked very leading multiple-choice, tick-box questions that I believe revealed the kinds of answers Kinkoid was hoping to receive from us.  This was expertly documented by other members.

I appreciate all the comments given and, while I don't agree with all of them, the point is that there is a genuine diversity of opinion out there and this is critically important for us to acknowledge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenrae said:

I want Bunny and Lupa versions from World 14!

Yes, best asses in the business.  Aren't they great together too - very best mates in spite of all the competitiveness.  Bunny would move heaven and earth (haha) to save our hero from his misadventures.  I'd be great if HH would finally accept the obvious and acknowledge that Bunny is deeply in love with him and maybe a story around this ould put some of us hopeless romantics out of our misery.

I hope this world doesn't turn out to be what Dick Emery so famously parodied in one of his comedy skits on St Peter at the Gate: "More flaming stairs..."  Sure looks like it.  And what happens if they lose their step.  Do they fall off the edge of these Roger Dean-type bits of worlds into... Hell(?), Shokushu Dimension?