New event: the Mythic Days

Mario Kinkoid

so you have an italian forum? since the game is also in Italian I expect this ....

Mod Edit: Yeah, we kinda do, and this lazy spammer managed to find it eventually. Hopefully, he'll stick to posting there, so there won't be a warning for the pile of consecutive one-liners or the generally inappropriate attitude this time. I just trimmed most of these posts and I'm leaving a note here for the record. Cheers.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod Edit: This is a forum, not a chat room

I can not express the level of loathing I have for this event.
The only way to get these Mythic girls it to play for many years AND get lucky.
I expended just about 100 combativity over the two days, and yes I was careful to check that there were available shards when I did so.  I got 3 shards.

Further up, people have calculated that a lucky player can get 10 shards per event. So I seem to have been partciularly unlucky.  Still, 5 per event seems a realistic average.  That means you need to be online during the hour or so there are shards in each batch over the course of YEARS.

The only realistic way to get these girls is to purchase combativity.
It is a real-world money trap that only the rich and afford. 
There is nothing wrong with a company trying to make money with their products.  But is smacks of false advertising or even fraud to present a product as free when it is not.

Like it or not, this is now part of the game.  And I beg the developers NOT to introduce 9 Mythic girls (3 of each specialization)  I even ask that they not introduce 6 (2 each).  Fist, present 3, and keep it at that for a year or so.  One event for the girl you want every three months is a long haul, but doable.  Waiting 6 or 9 months for a repeat would be horrible.

So, release 3 girls a year and let people not paying hundreds of dollars a month have a reasonable chance at getting them.
And if income is your main concern.  You might want to consider that someone that earned, say 50 shards over three events with the same girl might consider a purchase to "push through" to 100 on the 4th try (before the next three girls come out and the wait gets longer)

• Like 8

The event of earning an ultra rare item is just a way for them to make cash and earn money by purchasing kobain. To get them in 2 days it would take from 15,000 to 30,000 kobain for at least a hundred rounds which are € 100-200 in money.

Really a bad event just to spend money and that's it.
Only for otaku who want to spend hundreds of dollars on games.

36 minuti fa, ☞ KRASH ☜™ ha scritto:

The event of earning an ultra rare item is just a way for them to make cash and earn money by purchasing kobain. To get them in 2 days it would take from 15,000 to 30,000 kobain for at least a hundred rounds which are € 100-200 in money.

Really a bad event just to spend money and that's it.
Only for otaku who want to spend hundreds of dollars on games.

I honestly think that spending € 200 a month for an online game is totally useless .... that's € 2400 a year ... which could be used in a better way.
It is obvious that the mods will not like the above but know that by doing so you will decrease and not just the audience of players ...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ID 2958531_ said:

OK, so I tried an upgrade of my table: (please tell me if it's wrong) 

Myrhic6star.PNG

0-1 star 4,500 affection ($1.8 mil)

1-2 star 11,250 affection ($4.5 mil)

2-3 star 28,125 affection ($11.25 mil)

3-4 star 56,250 affection ($22.5 mil)

4-5 star 112,500 affection ($45 mil)

5-6 star 225,000 affection ($90 mil)

Total of 437,625 affection ($175.05 mil)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ShadowWeaver said:

My thought is that they are close to shutting down. There's been a lot of new ideas (almost all horrible) in the last few months and mostly they seem to be cash grabs geared towards whales. I've seen a few games go down this route and behind the scenes those games were on life support and only lasted a few months to a year tops by pushing it.

This event was of course a horrible idea and of course it was immediately penciled in to be monthly. I know I won't touch it at all. They could have at least left the art work up for the event that was already occurring. The girls no longer are standing beside the bosses that have them and the altered tier 1 boss art was removed. It makes it look like the boss doesn't have an event girl and is a bit confusing.

Hmm... Not that close to shutting down, but i too have seen this development in games as part of the power creep near their end-of-life cycle.

Basically, what happens is the top tier of quality is too widespread (everyone over level 50 or so has 3 Legendaries of their speciality, or is close to it anyhow), so there's no reason aside from the Pokemon Mentality to really hunt for Girls. That leaves gear and, if you look back, linking it to character level at the time of acquisition without the ability to upgrade them to your current level was part of the reason the max level jumped up, to keep the players on the Pachinko to update their gear as they level up. A lot of people are past 450 though, so i believe we'll be due another level cap increase soon.

That aside, they basically needed a reason for the whales to keep spending so they wouldn't get bored and move on to other games, so we got Mythic Days, an event solely tailored for them, and a monthly one at that. Next step is usually the whales saying "Hey, i spent an extra $ 500,- on the game this month, no reason i can't make a couple of demands for what i'm spending on supporting them." (extra discounted payment plans, some event 'suggestions' like, for example, Mythic Days might have been one according to how it was tailored towards them) and eventually the game will focus more and more on the whales and less on the remaining 95% of the playerbase that occasionally spend some money on the subscription or whatever.

'Tis a sad thing, true, but in all the webgames i've seen, an inevitable one. If a whale is 'worth' 10,000 players in terms of revenue per month, you're going to want to work 10,000 times as hard to please them, and lose sight of the majority of the playerbase in the process because everyone else (read: 'the commoners') can't be expected to drop thousands into the game just to keep up with the power creep.

Like i've mentioned in other threads, it's why i'm strictly F2P: I know that i'll eventually reach a plateau where i need to spend to advance further, but spending to get to that new rank means i'll need to keep spending to maintain myself at said rank, and that kind of thing is just not fun for me. The one playing the game is me, not my wallet, so i rely on unconventional tactics such as keeping my level low, meaning among other things there's a snowball's chance in Hell i'll ever see a Bunna player in Seasons. The majority of my opponents are filthy casuals like me :P.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minuti fa, Makinen ha scritto:

Hmm... Not that close to shutting down, but i too have seen this development in games as part of the power creep near their end-of-life cycle.

Basically, what happens is the top tier of quality is too widespread (everyone over level 50 or so has 3 Legendaries of their speciality, or is close to it anyhow), so there's no reason aside from the Pokemon Mentality to really hunt for Girls. That leaves gear and, if you look back, linking it to character level at the time of acquisition without the ability to upgrade them to your current level was part of the reason the max level jumped up, to keep the players on the Pachinko to update their gear as they level up. A lot of people are past 450 though, so i believe we'll be due another level cap increase soon.

That aside, they basically needed a reason for the whales to keep spending so they wouldn't get bored and move on to other games, so we got Mythic Days, an event solely tailored for them, and a monthly one at that. Next step is usually the whales saying "Hey, i spent an extra $ 500,- on the game this month, no reason i can't make a couple of demands for what i'm spending on supporting them." (extra discounted payment plans, some event 'suggestions' like, for example, Mythic Days might have been one according to how it was tailored towards them) and eventually the game will focus more and more on the whales and less on the remaining 95% of the playerbase that occasionally spend some money on the subscription or whatever.

'Tis a sad thing, true, but in all the webgames i've seen, an inevitable one. If a whale is 'worth' 10,000 players in terms of revenue per month, you're going to want to work 10,000 times as hard to please them, and lose sight of the majority of the playerbase in the process because everyone else (read: 'the commoners') can't be expected to drop thousands into the game just to keep up with the power creep.

Like i've mentioned in other threads, it's why i'm strictly F2P: I know that i'll eventually reach a plateau where i need to spend to advance further, but spending to get to that new rank means i'll need to keep spending to maintain myself at said rank, and that kind of thing is just not fun for me. The one playing the game is me, not my wallet, so i rely on unconventional tactics such as keeping my level low, meaning among other things there's a snowball's chance in Hell i'll ever see a Bunna player in Seasons. The majority of my opponents are filthy casuals like me :P.

i disagree .... i'm a 421 level ... and anyway i'm not one who doesn't spend on programmers .... but i don't feel like a "chicken to pluck" and if programmers prefer to lose 10,000 players i give let's say € 100 a year is € 1,000,000 in revenue .... I don't think there are people who spend € 100 a month for a game ... if so they should sell the game and not do it online ... a lot more profitable would be the banner ads .... which do not put ...

• Thinking 1

Sorry dislike this.
- 180 Fights for 9 Shards..... wtf
- 2 events at the same time
- 1 new Mythic girl per month (but ever 2 events)
- "one-star beautiful and horny girls that will be super easy to collect"  - it's already hard enough to collect books for XP for all the Girls

Sorry, but that's only for those with a lot of money/Kobans

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mates said:

0-1 star 4,500 affection ($1.8 mil)

1-2 star 11,250 affection ($4.5 mil)

2-3 star 28,125 affection ($11.25 mil)

3-4 star 56,250 affection ($22.5 mil)

4-5 star 112,500 affection ($45 mil)

5-6 star 225,000 affection ($90 mil)

Total of 437,625 affection ($175.05 mil)

Thanks,

so my calculation of the $xx for 4th and 5th Star-Up assuming factor 50 were correct but just wrong typed in then.

And my  affection up to 3rd match your list but my start values for affection gives different values for 4th to 6th

Basic AFF-Factors: [1st]=90  [2nd]=315  [3rd]=877.5  [4th]=2003  [5th]=4253    *2.5= [6th]=10633

So is this mythic progression made by hand and not calculated like the others seem to be ?   

4 hours ago, Makinen said:

I just read a player saw bunna in seasons.

2 hours ago, Warp15 said:

I just read a player saw bunna in seasons.

i just battled a player that had bunna,at level 310, fyi, her  hard core level was almost at 4700 or 4800 thereabouts. i have sthutpra at level 330, her charm level is at 4455. I wonder what bunna hardcore  level at 330 level would be?

Justo ahora, Warp15 dijo:

i just battled a player that had bunna,at level 310, fyi, her  hard core level was almost at 4700 or 4800 thereabouts. i have sthutpra at level 330, her charm level is at 4455. I wonder what bunna hardcore  level at 330 level would be?

and you won?? i saw like 3 or 4 today but i no fight with them

10 hours ago, mix1977s said:

i disagree .... i'm a 421 level ... and anyway i'm not one who doesn't spend on programmers .... but i don't feel like a "chicken to pluck" and if programmers prefer to lose 10,000 players i give let's say € 100 a year is € 1,000,000 in revenue .... I don't think there are people who spend € 100 a month for a game ... if so they should sell the game and not do it online ... a lot more profitable would be the banner ads .... which do not put ...

Case in point, i'm level 109 :D 

And trust me on this, there are players that spend a LOT more than € 100 a month on this game.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, Lola Kinkoid said:

Like for the Seasons, thanks to players' feedbacks, improvements will be done for the Mythic Days and the new rarity.

Thank you to constantly help us to improve our games!

Before giving my feedback proper on this format, I must acknowledge this. Kinkoid's reactivity and fast implementation of a really elegant and satisfactory solution to the major concerns raised by players' feedback from Season 1 to Season 2 makes me hopeful that the terrible experience this first MD has been actually has a chance to be but a bad memory in a couple of months. Fingers crossed, because there's a lot to fix!

Now, here's my honest feedback on this new format.

1. Mythic rarity girls? Why not. It would be even more welcome for affection and XP items, though (but please NOT for boosters, unless you replace the legendary ones currently in the Mythic Pachinko pool with mythic ones).

2. 6-stars? It's not what I expected, but it's nice in terms of affection scene and pose content. I would have preferred them to be 5-star girls with slightly stronger stats (and higher prices) across the board compared to legendaries, but that's fine too I guess.

3. New monthly girls that suck up more Affection than ever, when there's a bit of a shortage already? Not to mention XP items, for which the shortage is already growing exponentially... Not cool.

4. The event format deserves its own section, as all of my main concerns come from it, and any meaningful solution to these problems would inevitably focus on it.

The short version is that this is a terrible event format design, and that it almost exclusively and very significantly exacerbates all of the massive balance and game economy issues the game already has and already needs to fix ASAP to remain healthy in the long run. Basically, everything I've said in this post back in June, and which is still as relevant today (and I hope that the League system rework will come soon and address most of those glaring systemic issues):

In a nutshell (for those who haven't read the thread about PvP Imbalance linked above, and just for clarity here), those who keep hammering on the point that "whale this, whale that" are more than a little off the mark. This game is still not P2W in any way (it came close to taking that path with Season 1, but that's settled now).

Instead, this game has a pretty unique and fundamental imbalance that favors old active accounts in every imaginable way, with no real catch-up mechanic in place for any newer account, even with unlimited real money. There is some overlap between whales and regular D3 winners, but not as much as many seem to assume, and it's more coincidental than anything. There are pure F2P players with near complete harems who are swimming in kobans and everything else, and they always will, unless the devs take a crash course on competitive game mechanics 101, and maybe at least a refresher on healthy game economy, and apply those concepts to fix the game. Conversely, there are plenty of low to mid level whales who will never ever be able to compete with the existing high-level accounts, just like everybody else, because money doesn't buy you power in this game (which is a good thing!). The really terrible thing is that happening to have started the game 4 years ago gives you unlimited, irrevocable power in this game (as long as you stay active). And nothing else does.

With this in mind, what will be the impact of this new event on this? It will make this worse, possibly way WAY worse for everybody except the lucky 1% who started the game ages ago, are still active, and don't suck. To be clear, you don't need to be a good player when you're level 460+ right now, even if a select few egomaniacs love to claim otherwise; you just need to play somewhat decently to stay at the top with the magnitude at which you're advantaged over 99% of the field. And this new gimmick will make this even worse... Wow.

1. Who can afford to burn away an extra 15k-ish kobans a month on top of everything else for the monthly MD event? The privileged 1% of the player base who already dominate everything will be able to collect and upgrade every last one of the Mythic girls if they so choose, regardless of class or other criteria, just because they can. So why shouldn't they? No other type of player has a hope in hell to cope with this insane added cost to the monthly calendar, except for whales, indeed, but it won't change much for the non-competitive ones (aka those who were not already at level 400+ when the koban printing machines of D3's top 1-4 were distributed to and permanently locked on the existing veteran accounts).

2. What consequence will it have on Leagues, within a few months? Well, anyone who doesn't have a Mythic alpha of their class (at the very least) will fall behind and struggle even more than they already did. The tiny group who already dominates the top of D3 (and the top of any lower league they might want to) will go on pretty much unaffected by this change, since virtually all of them will have the latest fully upgraded strongest Mythic line-up available for their class(es) anyway, so all of them will farm even more points and XP on the peasants below them, while staying at exactly the same power level among themselves for their own private weekly event I like to call "so, do I get 14k kobans or just 6k this time around?" that some of them confuse with "the Leagues" sometimes... Making this worse for 99% of players, and not even really better for the privileged 1%.

3. How can the non-privileged 99% group somewhat minimize the increased imbalance? Well, to somewhat keep up, you need to make room in your budget for an additional 15k kobans once every 3 months. If you don't have the option to spend more real money on the game for it, then you will have to pass up on a significant number of other events. I'm thinking LD should be the first one to write off, even for your class, because it's already a lot of kobans for a girl that typically slightly power creeps one of your existing 5-star legendaries, but never actually competes with the Champion girl as the best alpha OR beta. Now that there are Mythic girls who will definitely overshadow even the Champion girls, why bother spending 5-8k kobans on what's essentially doomed to be another Norou, Levitya or F&F in terms of power level? If you're a budget player, that's not enough, and you might also need to skip at least one PoA and/or LC, etc. And then, you can have a shot at grabbing your class' mandatory power creep, when the day comes... "Yay?"

4. How fun, interesting is this event in terms of gameplay? And is it fair or does it cost more to some than others? Well, smashing the x10 and refill buttons like crazy, a billion times or so, as your shard count sloooowly goes up by increments of ONE SHARD... While keeping an eye on the global count, as you need to stop immediately when the stock gets exhausted in the first hour or so (out of 8 optimistically scheduled hours per batch)... Well, saying this is the most repetitive and boring activity in this game might be an understatement. It's already super boring to do during other events, but at least you can do so at your own pace, for those. Here, you're artificially "competing" against other players to grab the shards while they last, adding an element of urgency and pressure that makes it even more of a chore, and stressful on top of that. It's just about the opposite of a lot of other recent additions, like PoA, Seasons (now that they're fair) and it even makes Legendary Contests look pretty relax by contrast. And no, it won't cost you the same depending on whether or not you have a monthly subscription. Playing each boss fight for this event one by one is absolutely out of the question, both for your mental health and for practical reasons. By the time you play 1000 fights one by one, the shards will be long gone. So, this means that F2P contestants and everyone else not currently paying for a monthly card will have to spend 24 extra kobans per refill, for the x10 option.

I expected something exciting like a brand-new set of Champions holding these Mythic girls, or another interesting mini-game like you guys have proven you're able to do. This is as horribly expensive as it is boring, and it creates a fake sense of competition and scarcity purely by design. A ton of stress to avoid falling behind. Instead, it should be a ton of fun to enjoy moving forward.

Thanks for your time. I hope this helps.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

When it comes to Mythic Girls, i was actually thinking about it before the event started, as i actually used the Search option in my Harem and spotted 'Mythic' among the listed rarities.

My impression of a Mythic Girl was one that was good at everything, i.e. 5.1 or 5.2 in all three stats. It wouldn't put her terribly above one of the better Legendary Girls (6-star at 5.1 base shouldn't be that much over 5-star 5.3 base), but they'd be good for all players. In a sense, they'd be the rainbow gear of Girls.

And sure, they'd be incredibly hard to get (though the current estimate of '5+ years', revivals included, is a tad much), but it does give them that special something to stand above the others, while not making it a waiting game to see when your specialty might pop up in a few months' time.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, Lola Kinkoid said:

To balance the Mythic girls out, we are also working on the exact opposite: one-star beautiful and horny girls that will be super easy to collect. They will be available in the first months of the next year. They’ll be extra easy to collect and should help beginners to make a bigger Harem faster.

I forgot to address this, as the balance issues seemed way more of a priority, but I have mixed feelings about this new idea as well. I don't dislike cheap mini-girls to grab for the art and collection, but I'd rather see a brand-new category for them, outside of the actual Harem (and headcount thereof). Something akin to what "companions" or "pets" are to "champions" or "heroes" in various games.

Thematically, this could be handled in a way that each "pet" (or doll or whatever term works best) is linked to an actual harem girl (3 stars or more) and the poses and affection scene act as bonus content (for those who have the relevant girl) and/or sneak peeks (for those who don't have the matching actual harem girl yet). It could keep it interesting despite being a very small amount of content.

If done in such a way, this could be a cool little addition. If they actually count as "girls", clog up the Harem page and make the girl count number a lot less meaningful... not so much.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• DvDivXXX locked and unpinned this topic