Kisses as rewards in too many places - bad for business?

Zteev

Considering the changes in Champion & League rewards from Orbs and YMen, Combativity and Items to Kisses noted here in the week 50 patch notes:

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/16156-patch-notes-hentai-heroes/

I think this is going to end up being bad for Kinkoid's business, specifically  on selling the Season Pass. The primary benefits of the Season Pass are to get girls earlier and extra rewards. These extra kisses may disincentivize players who would buy the Season Pass primarily for getting the girls, because they cannot reach the end.

I'm sure others will say that they prefer Orbs & Combativity to Kisses; I think there's a forum poll out there on that, actually. Nobody cares much about the YMen going away, except new players.

• Like 1

How in the world can kisses be a better reward than combativity is beyond me (ymens could be debatable).Therefore, and in my opinion, this is a setback and not an improvement.

But it's the nature of Kinkoid, they did one good thing with the changes to the Seasons and then went back to their their roots with the Mythic Event and now this. Some habits can't be changed.

• Like 3

KINKOID !!! The world has covid-19 and are you giving kisses? Give me orbs and yemens (leave as is it) and if you want give kisses, open the arena (and give us tickets kisses) again but do not take away the champions orbs or the rewards of the day or combativity in tournament league

PS: thanks for putting the pachinko in 12 h

kisses are useless if you have to use them at the moment (if when girl need it)

OR BETTER put each tier level in 100 and no in 200 

and in 2 weeks we need objects to sell and you want change objects for kisses??how can i finish quest (sell 100 objects) in PoA??

Edited by Jan Red Dragon

The top 3 rewards for me are:

1) Girls (duh!)

2) Kobans (universal currency primarily to obtain girls; can be used to purchase anything except Ymens)

3) Combativity (used directly to earn shards for boss girls, possibly orbs for chances at girls, or tickets for Champions)

Extra Kisses have moderate value for players like me that might find PVP requirements without the Arena format (for some contests, mostly PoA) difficult to fulfill or for more casual or time-constrained players wishing to advance further in Seasons.  In either scenario, though, they're really only helpful if they can be claimed when needed.  Also, if I had a small bank of Kisses that I needed to "use or lose," I'd prefer to waste some on a few Seasons losses rather than refreshing for Kobans because Kobans are harder for me to come by and better used elsewhere.  Maybe that's my perspective from my level (327) & the bubbles of opponents I find myself facing- I can accept a few losses and still grind towards the end of Seasons.

That said, it seems like I currently see Kisses in too many places and fear an imbalance for other activities.  Champions should've been left alone with 1-2 EPx1 orbs, Leagues should've at least kept Combativity (which also earns Ymens), and leave Kisses scattered in Seasons and/or PoA to be claimed on-demand once earned.

Specifically for Leagues, I feel that doing PVP in order to win something (Kisses) that lets me do more PVP somewhere else (in Seasons) isn't much of a reward at all.  I could just wait for the League to refresh & pretty much have the same result.

• Like 3

Obviously none of us has useful or concrete data about this, but my sensation goes towards the direction of "Kinkoid shot himself in the foot once again". Somewhere in the forum I read of someone writing about clubmates (more than one), which if I remember correctly were playing from a long time, that after the reward substitution quickly lost interest and ditched the game. One after hearing this could ask "for one that writes down that, how many there are that don't?". Obviously, to know the real dimension of the problem we would need to know also how many active players are out there, and this is impossible to know anymore without a working leaderboard.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 1:03 AM, Observer_X said:

Obviously none of us has useful or concrete data about this, but my sensation goes towards the direction of "Kinkoid shot himself in the foot once again". Somewhere in the forum I read of someone writing about clubmates (more than one), which if I remember correctly were playing from a long time, that after the reward substitution quickly lost interest and ditched the game. One after hearing this could ask "for one that writes down that, how many there are that don't?". Obviously, to know the real dimension of the problem we would need to know also how many active players are out there, and this is impossible to know anymore without a working leaderboard.

shal made test accounts for both HeH and HaH. 

This resulted in round about 140k active players on HeH and 90k on HaH. Active in terms of "qualify to start the season".

@Varnart: the screenshots from last season indicates "soft reset is based on reached tier" and not on reached mojo. So every finisher started in Tier 10 or so. The numbers in between are unknown to me.

• Thanks 1