Club Champions

Fenix25

The club I am in is on the weaker side and we have more problem with this one than previous. The match over so soon, there weren't enough participants. The drop range is therefore lousy which makes the participants panic when they don't see their ranges going up as before. So they rush it even more. With the first champion, about 2/3 of the clubs participated. About half of the club participated with the second when some lost interest. Now, we are down to 1/4 - 1/3 because it is so short. CC needs to give more motivation. Making it easy doesn't seem to do it. I think the answer is better reward.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Methos2 said:

The club I am in is on the weaker side and we have more problem with this one than previous. The match over so soon, there weren't enough participants. The drop range is therefore lousy which makes the participants panic when they don't see their ranges going up as before. So they rush it even more. With the first champion, about 2/3 of the clubs participated. About half of the club participated with the second when some lost interest. Now, we are down to 1/4 - 1/3 because it is so short. CC needs to give more motivation. Making it easy doesn't seem to do it. I think the answer is better reward.

I'd still take an easy champion over a hard one.

Right now it is like a chain reaction. Once there is one player doing 10% or more, the others will immediately follow because they are scared of losing out and having this mentality of "I better punch in my 10% right now, otherwise I won't anything". So that's why it's over so quickly, 10 players thinking the same and doing the same, and before you know it 12 players joined and the champ is dead...

You need to come up with a plan and broadcast it to all the members and get them to agree. Do it slowly; depending on how many active players there are, aim at 3-4% each until everyone has played, then finish. You need to make it last, give sufficient time and room for everybody to play. It's useless to compete with each other like that for scraps.

The most difficult thing for your club will be to make people understand this. I think most people still don't realise that participation will just increase their shard range naturally, without them having to add more impression.

My club has the same issues, we came up with a plan but there are still some rogue members that are messing the runs. It's getting better and we still have time to get it right, I hope your club does too.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Kenrae said:

Besides, the champion will eventually have a higher tier and be more difficult.

Has it been discovered what makes it increase?  Can it decrease?

Sorry if I missed a post or it's in another thread.

I know someone relayed you can check what tier it is when you are battling, sadly I can't even remember to do that ^-^*  But I have been monitoring the hp, it's been same range so I assume we're whatever tier we started in.

12 minutes ago, jpanda said:

Has it been discovered what makes it increase?  Can it decrease?

Sorry if I missed a post or it's in another thread.

I know someone relayed you can check what tier it is when you are battling, sadly I can't even remember to do that ^-^*  But I have been monitoring the hp, it's been same range so I assume we're whatever tier we started in.

Each 10 wins against the Champ adds one tier.

Yes, the champion can lose a tier if there are 10 successive defeats against him (have personally not witnessed it, but it's supposed to work like that according to the patch notes introducing the feature).

547111589_ScreenShot2021-04-06at12_12_09PM.png.b5c126cebcad85bec12853d0071ff5b0.png

Sorry it's in French, but when you open the page to battle the champion, at the top lefthand corner, second line. 'Palier' is 'tier'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Methos2 Sorry to hear that, but I honestly think the issue is lack of communication in your club, not the CC being weaker. What you describe sounds like a bunch of individuals playing this solo without a care in the world for their club mates. That's the main challenge the CC feature gave us all, although I think it's mostly a positive thing in the long run. In time, most clubs will adapt one way or the other, and become proper guild-like groups of players who team up on cooperative features. The transition period isn't easy by any means (and harder for clubs that didn't interact much before this was introduced), but it'll be worth it in the future, especially if Kinkoid eventually adds more group features further down the line.

• Like 2

The problem with club champion is that some players cannot wait to get the girl and they try to finish the champion almost individually as soon as possible, spending 100 tickets or more each time, not leaving enough time for many club players to join. So in the first runs it can be a bit annoying especially if some of those are also silent players who don't chat so you cannot let them know that it is better for all leaving the champion alive at least 8 hours so most players can join.

If after they get the girl, they still contribute to defeat the CC helping the rest of the players, then it is only an inconvenience and lack of team play, but if they don't join the battle in following days even with a single fight, then it can be a serious problem in some clubs.

In the end the human nature is individualistic (there are ballhoggers in all team sports), everybody cares for himself and it is difficult to have enough patience to follow the optimum strategy of joining 30+ players and no one doing more than 5-10% damage.

That said, after their eagerness for the girl is sated most of those players then help the rest of the players, so in the end all the club get the girl. :)

• Like 6

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I honestly think the issue is lack of communication in your club

My club definitely has an issue with communication. There's only a handful of us talkers. I don't think half of the club even reads the chat. I tried to explain the mechanics of CC from what I learned here. I just let them to get it out of their systems for now. Hopefully, rushing won't last when they see the results first hand.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before. I read upthread a couple of pages, but didn't go back to the beginning.  It is our experience (as I see it is for others as well) that more club members participating in the battle means more shards.  The question is as to the next step. Once a member gets the girl, s/he can still help the club by hitting once in the remaining battles.  Does hitting more than once reduce the shards? IOW, if I have the girl and hit for total 100M impression, I may hurt the club by reducing the time for other members to get in, but will I also reduce the number of shards those who don't yet have the girl will get?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Antonym said:

Sorry if this has been asked before. I read upthread a couple of pages, but didn't go back to the beginning.  It is our experience (as I see it is for others as well) that more club members participating in the battle means more shards.  The question is as to the next step. Once a member gets the girl, s/he can still help the club by hitting once in the remaining battles.  Does hitting more than once reduce the shards? IOW, if I have the girl and hit for total 100M impression, I may hurt the club by reducing the time for other members to get in, but will I also reduce the number of shards those who don't yet have the girl will get?

Thanks.

yes, the mechanism is the same after you get the girl. The shard range of the other players (who have yet to complete the girl) is still affected by their own impression total, in relation to the overall total. So if you do 100M, it reduces the space for the other players, effectively cutting into their potential maximum range.

For you, it is best to help with just one battle after you get the girl (this way, you leave the maximum room for the other members and don't affect their shard range); and it does not make any difference for you, you still get one affection item whether you do 10K or 100Million.

You should only contribute more to the battle if your teammates need your help in finishing the champion.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have experienced 2 opposite types of situations so far.

Situation #1 Being in a good guild with unlimited financials. Everybody is 🌈happy and nice to each other, no scarcity of shards and no lack of opportunities to beat the Champion. And this is likely very close to the best ideal the developers intended.

Situation #2 Being in a test server guild with limited Koban. This gets bad results since they can't/won't revive the champion there is a 24 hour cooldown all the time which gets people over the edge when they missed out on the shards. The members will tear each other apart over petty issues due to the looming threat of not getting the girl at the end of the month.

Accidents happens, someone might be attacking more times than it's allowed by the rules, the others will be sarcastic and vicious towards that person, and even if the Champion is revived with apologies you will still have that poisonous atmosphere circulating, and that will likely be that person's last contribution to that guild.

I have learned that scarcity of resources is truly a scary thing, and Situation #2 is probably not what the developers intended, but I fear it might be happening to some guilds😅

Edited by Fiel
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, winter5567 said:

I have a question do more hits give more girl shards

If you do a lot of damage with those hits - yes. But the shard range doesn't depend on the amount of hits. Here's a post with a table of shard ranges:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question on this topic

Doe it have to be 10 in a row? Or is something life 10 defeats spread over 15 days enough?

What are the Club Champions?

7. After10 failures, the champion moves back one Tier

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cr0t said:

I apologize if it was already asked. Will champion have a new girl if all club members get the current one?

At the moment the Champions have only 1 girl each. If you get her, it's legendary gifts for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nope1 said:

My club has had 2 champions. Then it went back to the first champion instead of a 3rd?

Could you elaborate a bit? Name the CCs, or specify their specialty or something. Also when your club started out.

6 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Could you elaborate a bit? Name the CCs, or specify their specialty or something. Also when your club started out.

Not sure, but the girls went from kumiko to blet and back to kumiko

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've come up with a formula to calculate your maximum shards. Can you please check if it works for you.

max. shards = (3 + 1 (for the first player) + 2 ( for the second ) + 3 (for the third) + etc) * percent of your impression

example 1: 10 player, total impression 50M, your impression 20M, required impression 100M (dont use this)

your percent of impression= 20M/50M = 40%

max. shards= (3+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10)*0,4=23

example 2: 20 player, your impression=20%

max. shards= 43

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the effort  @gluddukat

so if the shards added for every player joining the battle follow an arithmetic progression (1 + 2 + 3 + ... + n)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic_progression

then your formula can be shortened to this:

max. shards = [ 3 + ( n * ( 1 + n ) / 2 ) ] * (% of impression done)

But in a first view it doesn't gives a good approximation in all cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2