Hidden background bug?

Pelinor

I don't really know how to describe this but I do have a pic.

image.thumb.png.46367a54cc0b480c38c716eb9b1c217e.png

Has anyone else seen this? Sometimes the background displays properly but no always and I cannot see a pattern to it.

Edit to add: Chrome Browser, Windows 10, PC platform

Edited by Pelinor

6 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I don't really know how to describe this but I do have a pic.

image.thumb.png.46367a54cc0b480c38c716eb9b1c217e.png

Has anyone else seen this? Sometimes the background displays properly but no always and I cannot see a pattern to it.

Edit to add: Chrome Browser, Windows 10, PC platform

For me this is a very useful script feature - because the HH++ script blocks the changing town background - which appears usually during OrgyDays. 

(and I see that you have it installed^^)

• Like 1

It seems to vary quite a bit from one person to the next depending on your browser, settings and so on. I know in my case before the anti-stroboscope script (and its eventual inclusion to the ++ script) I had to resort to disabling background images altogether during OD because it literally hurts me the way the backgrounds flicker constantly (a complaint as old as the implementation of this weird idea), so I used to have the plain background as in the OP's screenshot, which doesn't give me any migraines, but is pretty damn boring.

With this OD, they apparently changed something slightly in the way the backgrounds are picked, and there were a couple that didn't upload for most people. In my case, with or without the script, it was mostly no background and every other refresh one would appear briefly. Thankfully Tom fixed it now.

• Like 1