New Mythic 2-hr Timer

Squirt42

While the concept for splitting up the time I like a lot because as others have posted I am asleep or at work for most of release. For pacific time its 4am and 4pm so breaking it up and I can try at 6 or 8 am which sounds great. However, functionally it is totally impractical. I just tried the 10 am slot, so 4th round today releasing 9,000 shards. The lag spike was so terrible I got to play 5 rounds before all 9K shards were gone. All shards were gone in under 3 min. I decided to spend $15 for a pack of 350 combativity before we even started and so I am sitting on 300 I can't use until 2 hours from now. I really like this event and generally will spend real money or Kobani to get a myth girl. But functionally I don't want to play or spend money if this is how it is going to be every 2 hours. I don't want to leashed to a 2-hour timer for two days.

What are your thoughts community?

• Like 2

I thought about buying the packages, but as much as I like the idea of getting one of the villians to join my harem she isn't my class. That limits how useful she would be for me gamewise. In the end I decided to use my Season rewards and give her 150 combats (50 on the first round and 100 on the second round).

Yes I get your point and for now you're right it is not optimal but is too soon to give a judgement in my opinion.

I want to see how it will evolve in a day (at least). Now people are "going berserk" to get her immediately, so it could be that tomorrow there will be already shards left in 2hours.

• Like 3

Perhaps it could be tweaked to put more shards in the first batches and less in the latter ones. That way the anxious people could get her soon and leave some space for the rest of the people.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Xemnas said:

Yes I get your point and for now you're right it is not optimal but is too soon to give a judgement in my opinion.

I want to see how it will evolve in a day (at least). Now people are "going berserk" to get her immediately, so it could be that tomorrow there will be already shards left in 2hours.

Okay, it might be too soon to tell but nixing an entire day because one can't get on exactly on the hour and missing out defeats the purpose of spreading it out. Who knows, actually spreading it out may make it so more people get some shards versus none because the times they ran before. When the Mythic Red Battler (AKA Tina Reed) was available last month the second time there were a lot of shards left over when the event ended. So unsure if that was because getting the drops was too insurmountable at that time and players didn't try or truly an over-supply of shards. Of course asking Americans to wait a little until the evening and Europe is sleeping to get their shot at shards is a lot like buying a box of Kit Kat's for a Kit Kat addicted child and putting it on the counter saying wait to open one for 12 hours.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Squirt42 said:

Okay, it might be too soon to tell but nixing an entire day because one can't get on exactly on the hour and missing out defeats the purpose of spreading it out. Who knows, actually spreading it out may make it so more people get some shards versus none because the times they ran before. When the Mythic Red Battler (AKA Tina Reed) was available last month the second time there were a lot of shards left over when the event ended. So unsure if that was because getting the drops was too insurmountable at that time and players didn't try or truly an over-supply of shards. Of course asking Americans to wait a little until the evening and Europe is sleeping to get their shot at shards is a lot like buying a box of Kit Kat's for a Kit Kat addicted child and putting it on the counter saying wait to open one for 12 hours.

And that addiction and "I want her now I can't wait a day" mentality is what gives KK money. Keep up on it.

On a more serious note, if I decided to buy a package I'd do it on the third day, not on the first one. There have been leftover shards with absolutely all mythic girls, I'm sure it will be the same for this one.

• Like 2

Some of the packages that have combativity will expire by day 3, and I certainly don't need champion tickets or other items not directly helping with getting shards. If this system stays I will wait in the future but I had no idea that after now a 5th round the shards are gone in under 3 min each time and the lag spike is terrible. When it was 12 hours and 75K shards there were still some after almost 60 minutes. At this rate and method it would be 180K shards in a day, so we'll see after 8 rounds if the pace is the same once we pass 70K shards (11 Eastern / 8 Pacific).

Someone started another thread that voiced unhappiness with this method too. I want to second that it had such a hard time updating I spent 20 combativity for nothing also.

• first 75k needed like 60-90 minutes to depleet
  • this would equal that in 9k slices they would be gone each in ~7-11 minutes
    • so having it gone in 3 minutes is somewhat double to triple as fast as before
  • in more then 8 hours are the previous 75k distributed - and 9k each 2 hours makes 108k in 24 hours 
  • 9k each 2hours for three days sums up in 324k shards in 3 days - instead of 300k in 2 days
  • yet the higher spread of availability - in my opinion - attracts more players to give it a try
  • and it has to be shown if like all last times there are leftovers or not _at the last day_

3 hours ago, Squirt42 said:

the drop rate for red battler was atrocious, at least on my part and compared to all the other mythic girls, i didn’t even bother after 10 refills (200 fights - 3 shards), and i’m sure most of the others didn’t either. this time, i already have 7 from 80 fights, which is positively surprising. the shut up and take my money mentality (lack of self-control) in regard to the anxious players is amazing, i think kk have struck gold here.

Edited by Duck_Sick

4 hours ago, Duck_Sick said:

the drop rate for red battler was atrocious, at least on my part and compared to all the other mythic girls, i didn’t even bother after 10 refills (200 fights - 3 shards), and i’m sure most of the others didn’t either. this time, i already have 7 from 80 fights, which is positively surprising. the shut up and take my money mentality (lack of self-control) in regard to the anxious players is amazing, i think kk have struck gold here.

So all the shard drops for girls on all the bosses seem to have a sweet spot that gives shards. Sometimes if there are headshots scrolling through trying to get them between the lines is the sweet spot, sometimes its actually getting the gap between two headshots. You'll notice some bosses have the girls rotating through faster or slower. I find a simple 2-count or 3-count results in shards (one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand). Test 10 at a time for mythic to find the spot where getting one to two shards out of 10 combats. I got my Red Battler in about 1000 combats. It's a 10-to-1 ratio that way but some people just smash the 50 and burn through it so fast.

I noticed with this mythic that play method was not working as well. It would work for a few, I would get 5 shards and then nothing. It took until this last round for the 9K shards to last longer than a teenager their first time to test a new method. I think I wasted 100 combats today figuring out the timing and also playing when there were no shards because of lag. Alternating between a 2-count and 3-count every time I get 5 shards has gotten me 19 shards in 250 combats this last run. So 1100-1300 combats for Mythic Nike is what I am guessing. Of course we get dating tokens too so maybe close the gap with less combats

Anyone reading the comments from the last two players should note that their idea of their being differences in the drop rate for specific Mythic Girls or based on the rotation of the head shot are nonsense. Confirmation bias and bad RNG explains this easily. There's no noted difference between the drop rates for any of the Mythic Girls by the people who actually record their data instead of just giving vague impressions of how it felt. RNG simply has a big role to play in how it goes when there's such potential for bad luck.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Anyone reading the comments from the last two players should note that their idea of their being differences in the drop rate for specific Mythic Girls or based on the rotation of the head shot are nonsense. Confirmation bias and bad RNG explains this easily. There's no noted difference between the drop rates for any of the Mythic Girls by the people who actually record their data instead of just giving vague impressions of how it felt. RNG simply has a big role to play in how it goes when there's such potential for bad luck.

I don't mean any disrespect but the RNG is not as random as it is supposed to be. This is now my 7th Myth girl working on and all previous 6 took 1000-1200 combats for 100 shards. Perhaps it is my perception but when I am clicking and not getting a single shard for 10 combats I change the pace and it seems to work.

Reading the other thread there are some pretty ticked off people about the drop rate. Maybe you want them to be super rare but if you make them reachable then more people might spend on Kobani or packages. If you are a player and have the Kobani but not getting results try what I tried and post here. Maybe it is truly random and I have confirmation bias or maybe there is something to be had with the frequency of clicking 10 combats after the battle screen loads. From a statistical standpoint I can see Moderator GeorgeMTO's point that there is no difference, probably a million combats done for a single Myth girl with all the players combined for a drop rate of 1400 for a girl. But I have beat those odds 6 times to my recollection. However, I could really just be wrong. I would rather appreciate not having my experience that I am giving as feedback described as nonsense. If you don't make the feedback forum open for discussion people won't give good feedback.

Like...if the drop rate was better or lag spikes could be dealt with would the community participate more?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Squirt42 said:

But I have beat those odds 6 times to my recollection

Memory is faulty, that's why I pointed towards people actually recording their drop data. 

13 minutes ago, Squirt42 said:

I would rather appreciate not having my experience that I am giving as feedback described as nonsense. If you don't make the feedback forum open for discussion people won't give good feedback.

If you don't want it to be described as nonsense, don't let it be nonsense. This isn't me speaking as a moderator (nor was the previous post), but as an experienced player. There's all kinds of stories about clicking in a certain way, waiting for certain rotations or for a certain time on the clock, or for doing silly poses irl as you do them. They've never held up in large sample sizes. Feedback about ways to quirk the RNG without any substance behind them aren't wanted. Your initial post was valid feedback (if something I disagree with). I'll drop the RNG discussion here though, so as not to further derail your good feedback.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Memory is faulty, that's why I pointed towards people actually recording their drop data. 

If you don't want it to be described as nonsense, don't let it be nonsense. This isn't me speaking as a moderator (nor was the previous post), but as an experienced player. There's all kinds of stories about clicking in a certain way, waiting for certain rotations or for a certain time on the clock, or for doing silly poses irl as you do them. They've never held up in large sample sizes. Feedback about ways to quirk the RNG without any substance behind them aren't wanted. Your initial post was valid feedback (if something I disagree with). I'll drop the RNG discussion here though, so as not to further derail your good feedback.

Fair enough on stats and perception.

I do want the community to provide feedback on drop rate. Because if it really is 1400 for a Myth girl and earn 144 combats in a 72-hour period, plus about 175 in seasons (if paying for the bottom half) plus maybe start with full 20 each player would come away with approximately 24 shards (340 combats) . Tower of Fame rewards are after the event and 60 dating tokens per shard means no one spending less than $100 will get a myth girl. Unless, of course, you have been playing so long you have thousands of Kobani stored up to not spend money (500/50 combats x 20 restocks for 1000 combats ~10k Kobani). Then what is the point of the Mythic event if it really is only for players that want to spend a lot of money or are rank 400+?

I would argue if the drop rate is more like 800-900 for a mythic girl than players would be willing to spend $15 for a package of 350 or 450 combats to put them in reach and close the deal with dating tokens. I think putting Mythic girls totally out reach without spending substantial money reduces play. Hence, the other thread with a lot of angry responses.

550 combats for 44 shards so far.

Blew 100 more doing 50 at a time when there were no shards yesterday due to lag updating status. I had a lot of work yesterday so happened to be up to 2am Pacific and saw even up until then every 2 hours the 9K shards gone in 3-4 minutes. Spent 100 this morning for 8 shards and lag issue was not like yesterday but still VERY strong demand as 10am Pacific reload was gone in 3-4 minutes again. It is taking longer but doing 10 combats instead of 50 at a time so as to not waste 50 when all the shards are actually gone.

13 hours ago, jelom said:

Feedback on drop rate: 1650 battles to get Nike. That is a 6'06% drop rate.

Yikes I´m sorry to her that jelom :/

My drops where a bit better:

1357 fights for 100 shards on hh and 1341 fights for 100 shards on nutaku

• Like 1

1300 final tally for Nike, looks like I was smoking crack on perception 1k combats or 10/1 ratio

Great art on the character too.

The 9k shards are consistently being consumed for 17 cycles, which exceeds the previous 75K two cycles we saw in the single day events so I think a lot more community participation in the event by spreading it out. However, the rarity is still hard for most players to achieve and I am curious if it is spurring more combat packages or Kobani being bought?

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone please remember that you can use your dating tokens to finish off the mythic girls.. 60 tokens = 1 shard by the looks.

I didn't think of this until I finished Nike... which took 14.6K kobans, quite a bit less than Red Battler thankfully.

I have 1017 tokens = 16 shards, so just have to get to 84 for the 3rd KH mythic when this happens.. I will be ready!